[PRP] I'm on a Boat! [Marcus/Cass] Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:21 pm
Cass hummed thoughtfully to herself as she stood on the pier, tapping out a message on her phone. She seemed ready to spend a day out there as she scrolled through her contacts and selected the one she'd been looking for.

IStoleYurVamps

TO: Agent Mulder

Hey there! I'm in the mood for a lot of crab so I'm heading out from the beach. Would you like to go on a friend-date with me?

She hit send and figured she'd wait about 15 minutes before she started her crabbing quest.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:20 pm
Marcus had been getting off from work when he got her text. In his car to be exact on the timing. The ping had him stop from pulling out from his parking spot to consider his options. He had a pair of tennis shoes in his trunk and he could roll up his pant legs...

demon_pachabel
OMW- Sure you're not trying to butter me up with the seafood offer?

He arrived not soon after, pant legs rolled up and showing off a pair of very brightly striped socks.

"Hey."  

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:42 pm
IStoleYurVamps

TO: Agent Mulder

You say that as though I wouldn't have the pure intentions of wanting to spend time with a good friend.

She stood at the pier, grinning like an idiot at his return text and leaned against one of the posts, waiting for him, constantly scanning the crowd to see if she could spot that familiar white streak of hair.

It was almost like he'd teleport for seafood.

"Why hello there. I like your socks," she teased, nudging him gently. "I got a boat lined up so I was just waiting on you. Hope you don't get seasick. Gotta go out a bit to set down the traps."

IStoleYurVamps

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:20 pm
He looked down at his socks, momentarily having forgotten which pair he'd worn that day, (orange and green- pumpkin socks he liked to think of them as). Looking back up at her then at the beach he didn't look too enthused about going out on the water. He just thought it was going to be off of the pier or something.

"A boat?" He questioned, walking over to kiss her nose briefly. "Like, an actual boat? I well. I don't get sick I just- prefer to stay on land." Not a fear he told himself just a general healthy caution of avoidance.

demon_pachabel

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:39 pm
Her brows furrowed together as he stated his hesitance about the boat. "Okay, no boat then." She relented easily, scrunching up her nose after he kissed it. He sure did a lot of kissing for 'just friends' (that bumped ugliest and were basically a couple if she'd stop being in denial all the time.

"We can stay on the pier. With all the other people."

Not that many people were actually out for the same purpose she'd had in mind. "We can set up a trap and then entertain ourselives somehow while waiting."

iStoleYurVamps

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:10 pm
No boat- he relaxed a bit and smiled as best he could. But- "I mean we can. If you paid I mean, it would be a waste to not I just-" He made a half shrug gesture, "I'll be in a very large life vest is all."

Plus, "I also really do want crab now, and we would need deep water for that."

Looking at the water then at her then towards the boats-
"Define entertaining. Because I didn't bring a deck of cards with me." He was completely serious.

demon_pachabel

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:01 pm
"I did, but I'd rather you be comfortable too," she said, crossing her arms and tilting her head at him. "Money is money, I can always get more." Cass always seemed to have that attitude with things. She can always replace it. She can always get more. It would be a usual thing for her to have said to him. "I'll get you a life vest, two arm floaties, and a snorkel if that would make you feel better, but I'm not going to force you on a boat."

She looked at him, then looked off towards the boats.

"It'll be a lot of waiting." Okay, like 20 minutes. If you left raw fish in a trap, crabs would just mob. When he asked for her definitely of 'entertaining', she leaned up against him, sneaking her arms over his shoulders and standing on her toes to kiss him.

"Whatever kind of entertainment you want."

IStoleYurVamps

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:48 pm
"I uh-" How did one explain 'I nearly drowned and caused the death of my best friend when we went white water rafting so now boats just make me very nervous?' to your not-but-almost-kind-of girlfriend.

"I just get seasick pretty bad sometimes is all. I mean. I'll take some pills, wear a big life jacket. It'll be fine. I'll be fine." He just had to tell himself that. Fear however, floated away quickly as Cass leaned up to kiss him, his hands wandering into her back pockets while the sound he made was a soft hum of contentment.

"That-" he began pulling back and removing his hands from her backside, "-I don't think that's polite on a boat. Not one we're renting anyway. We could-" he huffed and looked around them.

"Well. We'll figure something out. So.. lets do this. I can do this just... Please do not ask me to jump OUT of the boat is all." He blushed.
"I can swim I just would rather be IN the boat."

demon_pachabel

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:57 pm
Whoops, there were hands on her butt. Cass hummed back at him as they kissed, leaning back after an extra minute. He was so easy to read. It was nice.

She waited for him to give her some sort of excuse. Any excuse as to why he didn't want to be on the boat, watching his face expectantly as he seemed to think it over. Ultimately, it seemed Marcus would indeed be getting on the boat with her. Albeit with some preparation.

“So I just need to wait a bit, hmmm?” She glanced from him towards the pierman. “Want me to get you a vest while you take that medication?” she asked.

Istoleyurvamps

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:49 pm
Heat filled his face as he nodded, letting his not-girlfriend go to get the boat all ready while he- he pretended to take a pill. It was actually a mint tic-tac. Something told him they would be doing a lot of kissing and if anything he could at least have nice breath even if he might also be near having a small panic attack.

She deserved better than his paranoid a**, that was certain. Swallowing down his fear as best he could, Marcus steeled himself for the boat. It wasn't like rafting. It was big, secure. They could STEER it and, it had an anchor. Nothing like rafting. Totally different. The water was different to as was the smell and-

He kept telling himself he could do this.

By the time he reached Cass once more, a clear look of fear was on his face and his hands were fidgeting with a loose thread of his pant pocket.
"I'm ready." He said, voice catching on the last syllable.
"Let's go."

demon_pachabel

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:16 pm
Oh, he was not ready. Cass had been renting a life jacket when Marcus came up behind her, turning to look at him when he spoke. His face and the tone of his voice were both obvious. He was not thrilled with this venture she was planning to take him on and she wasn't going to be dragging him along if that was the case.

She grabbed his face with both hands and frowned.

"You are absolutely not ready. Why are you lying to me?" she asked, gently stroking one of her thumbs against the skin of his face.

Istoleyurvamps

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:41 pm
Fake it to make it was just what Marcus did. Usually, it worked just fine. However, usually his life didn't involve boats. But, Cassandra had planned this for him, he wanted to make her happy, it would be a waste to have come out and not to it not to mention she would probably avoid going out with him on these sorts of outdoor types of date-not-dates.

"I- I am. I promise. I can do this." He was lying and he felt bad for it and while he knew, logically, that the chance of anything bad happening was low? Fear wasn't easy to control when it was something that had a relation to trauma.

Leaning into her touch he brought his own hands to run over her's. It was grounding.
"I want to do this Cass. I want to do this with you." He looked at her wishing he could somehow explain it better without bringing up his affection for her. She wouldn't have liked that. It would have come off as attachment and too 'boyfriend' perhaps.

"If you can get on the boat. I can get on the boat. Just... slower." Probably a lot slower. "Please, just, let me do this? Or at least let me try."

demon_pachabel

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:15 pm
Her heart fluttered involuntarily at his answer. It was a feeling she disliked. Not that having such a strange attachment to the man was bad, but she was setting them both up for ruin and hurt feelings by letting it even be entertained. Something always went wrong. She always had to leave for some reason or another.

It protected him and protected her, but still, the touches and his voice - her chest tightened and she leaned up to kiss him again. God, she'd regret that later.

"Then hold my hands, we'll walk together. It'll be fine." she was certain now his thing with boats was less about seasickness now, but didn't pry as she began to walk backwards up to pier, pulling him along with her and offering her best smile for him.

He was probably the only one who saw it so clearly so often.

istoleyurvamps

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:08 pm
When she kissed him, he didn't push it. This wasn't a moment to seduce her with his addictive lips as she'd called them once. This was more... intimate in an odd manner of turn. Cassandra wasn't the most open of women, so her trying to assuage his fears was all the more precious to Marcus. She cared, and he knew how that was its own topic of contention.

For now, he'd take what she'd give him.

Breathing in deeply to try and help his rapid heartbeat, Marcus slipped his fingers to intertwine with her's. Lifting her hand he didn't kiss the back of her knuckles, but rather bent to bring them against his forehead.
"Thank you. I'm sorry I am like this."

Walking as best he could he was standing a bit taller than normal, forcing himself to try and appear confident when it was obvious by his expression he wasn't, not really.

Her smile had him smiling in return, the faint color in his cheeks helping remind him why he was currently going against his gut instinct and getting on a boat.

demon_pachabel

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:27 pm
"Don't be sorry," she answered, glancing over her shoulder to make sure she wasn't about to bowl anybody over as she slowly guided him across the wooden pier towards the many boats that swayed gently in the dock. A few people turned to watch them and their oddity.

She'd pause, occasionally, to let him settle in a bit more before continuing as she turned to continue down another stretch of wooden planks. There were several boats tied off to it, each with various people getting on and off of it, but Cass continued to walk back towards a little white and blue passenger boat. It had an awning across the top of it to keep out the sun with an area up front that was blocked off for driving it separated from a general seating area.

The seating area had a few buckets in it as well as Cass's ever familiar pastel jacket.

The back read 'THE DEUS EX MACHINA' in loopy font.

"Need a minute?"

Istoleyurvamps

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas