[PRP] More Questions than Answers [Sonny/Fox] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:06 pm
She had an address, a little bit of information, and a copy of a file she'd typed up herself. Fox had made precisely 4 copies of that file - One had been left on Jeremiah's desk, one on Shun's, and the other was in case of emergency. The fourth was in her own hands as she stepped out of her car. Well, it was kind of her car. It was actually Curtis' car, but he told her she'd look 'more official' if she arrived in a police marked vehicle than in her own.

So now the house simply looked ominous with her vehicle parked out front and a police officer walking up to the door.

Fox knocked, then waited patiently. She'd assembled a clear list of questions and needed to make sure she was professional about this. She repeated the process in her head several times: 'Hi, I'd like to ask your daughter a few questions as currently she was the last to see him.' No.... that sounded weird. Hmmmmm..... she'd have a few more seconds to think about it.

shibrogane

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:11 pm
Sonny answered the door. Step One: Complete. Fox didn't even have to talk to Renard.

"Hi," said Sonny. They didn't open the door more than necessary. "Am I in trouble? I didn't do anything. I haven't even left the house."

demon_pachabel

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:48 pm
Unfortunately, Fox's plan sort of went this way:

1. Talk to Renard
2. ?????????????
3. ?????????????????????????
4. ???????????????????????????????????????????

So step two was already in full swing. Time to fake it a little bit. "Trouble?" She smiled and shook her head. "Not at all. My name is Fox Bliskiss and I'm the officer who took your father's report. I actually came to see if I could ask you a few questions about it if you have the time."

shibrogane

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:03 pm
Sonny sighed a sigh of relief. Then they opened the door and said, "Sorry. I used to get in trouble for that kind of stuff. I'm Sonny. Ascencion." They smiled, and let Fox in, and asked, "Do you want coffee or tea? We have soda, too."

demon_pachabel

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:44 am
"It's perfectly all right, there's no need to apologize." Fox, being like a vampire, only even thought about stepping inside once she was invited in. "I would not say no to coffee, but I am perfectly alright without." she said, glancing over her list of questions.

She'd wait until they were settled, however.

shibrogane

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:07 pm
Sonny produced the coffee unnervingly fast. (Maybe they had a keurig or something.) (They did not have a keurig. They were ******** magic.) They set the tray down with mugs, a little pitcher of creamer, and a sugar bowl on the dining room table, and took their own seat.

"You're looking for Papa, right," they asked. "He's been gone for almost forever."

demon_pachabel

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:54 pm
Okay, now that was unnaturally fast. If there was a machine that made coffee that fast, Fox would need to get one. She was just going to be out of luck, unfortunately.

For a moment, Fox left the tray of coffee untouched. She was here for Sonny, not for the seriously quick coffee that had just happened. At her inquiry, Fox nodded. "Yes, I am looking for your father. I was going over my report I filed and your father, Renard, placed you as the one who has seen him most recently. Was there anything about the day your father left that stood out as odd to you? Did he do anything different, say anything in particular? Things like that."

shibrogane

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:57 pm
Sonny hmmed. Then they haaaaed. And then they said, "I know my papa really well, okay? I grew up with him. And he's always taken really good care of me. So I know what I'm talking about when I say he was being... weird. Like he always stops to say bye to me when he goes to work. And he didn't, that day. He didn't tell me when he'd be back, and he does that, too. He'd been really distracted all week..."

They fell silent for a long moment.

"Is that like what you're asking about?"

demon_pachabel

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:45 pm
Diligently, she wrote down Sonny's first answer to her question. Children, no matter the age, always had a different take on their parent's behavior and as such even though Sonny had felt the need to clarify that Fox should take this seriously, she already was.

"That's exactly the sort of thing I mean," she answered encouragingly, "What do you mean by 'distracted'? Just that he seemed to be somewhere else mentally or that he had something on his mind?"

Shibrogane

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:44 pm
Sonny had an odd accent. It was like Spanish had an alleyway baby with some strange, forgotten old tongue, one with soft consonants and vowels that rolled like a ship at sea. It was more prominent when they were upset, as they were slowly edging towards. And why shouldn't they be? Their father--their main caretaker, even!--was missing. "Papa always has something on his mind," said Sonny. "He's a professor. But this was like... He talked more about Vivien. She was going to be his wife, and then she died. Brain cancer. It wasn't even around this time of year, she died in November 1984. I was there." They shook their head. "He wanted to go find her ring, I think. He said it was important. But he wouldn't leave without telling us, and Father would've helped him look!"

demon_pachabel

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:10 pm

Fox hadn't even been born in 1984. She'd been informed that Sonny and her family were important to the community, but Fox suddenly had a lot of questions for Jeremiah to ask later. Did they just age really well? She suddenly felt very young.

Vivien? Perhaps she'd do well to look into the history of this woman to see if there was anything significant to note as something to look into. Still, the more worry that edged it's way into Sonny's voice, the harder it was for Fox to understand. "I'll find him, it's going to be okay." she reassured. "What kind of things did he bring up in particular about this Vivien? Memories of places they were together?"

shibrogane

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:15 pm
"The cliffs," said Sonny. "I don't go outside. I'm not allowed. But she used to climb them, she was really good, and there was a spot they went together sometimes."

demon_pachabel

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:36 pm
"Did your fathers ever go climbing together?" Though if Sonny didn't go outside and based on what Renard had said previously Sonny couldn't be left alone at home, it was possible it wasn't the case. "I'd love to hear about both of your fathers. It sounds like they loved each other a lot."

Shibrogane

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:57 pm
"They love each other a lot," said Sonny fiercely. "Papa's fine. He's just taking a long time to come home. And Father would only hurt him if Papa wanted him to." They fell silent for a minute, fidgeting, and then with a flick of their fingers they set the creamer to floating. They followed its graceful progress with their green-flecked eyes, one fingertip directing it once it started to move.

Once their coffee was done, they summoned it to hand. "No, it was always Papa and Vivien's thing. Father would be scared of falling and hurting himself. He had cancer when he was small, he's scared of getting sick or hurt again."

demon_pachabel

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:22 pm
She had not meant to use the past tense. As far as Fox was concerned, Liam Noor was alive. "Yes, love. I apologize for my verbage. I don't think your father and papa hurt each other," though process said that usually the loved one should have been her first suspect. As far as Renard was concerned, there was a 'I wasn't even in town when he left' alibi to contend with. "Nor do I suspect they would have any reason to." She watched the coffee practically make itself.

Again, a skill she would have liked to have.

However, Fox couldn't help but make a note about the cancer. Vivien and Renard had both been connected by it in some way now. "I see." She was starting to have more questions than answers.

"Was Vivien's ring the only thing he mentioned before he left that seemed out of place? Your father - Renard - "she was hoping she was assigning the distinctions correctly - "mentioned your Papa had loaned out a book recently as something that seemed odd to him."

shibrogane

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces