[PRP] Tunnelsnakes?! (Cami, Trisa)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:43 am
It had been Lial who'd first told Trisa about the tunnelsnakes living in the nearby cave. And while her foster father had assured her that he'd never seen a one, she still fretted. She was standing outside the cave, moving from foot to foot nervously. She paced the opening, not daring to go inside. The five turn old knew better than to wander too far away from her foster mother; but--were there really tunnelsnakes in the cave?

Giant tunnelsnakes, Lial had said. Giant tunnelsnakes! As big as Stariath! What would tunnelsnakes that big even eat? She knew they sometimes got to firelizard nests--oh no. Could they get to dragon eggs?!  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:05 pm
Cami made her winding way through the Weyr's tunnels, her usually brisk pace pace slowed somewhat by the significant burden she was carrying. The day's chores had been simple. They were helping to unload a delivery of supplies that had arrived recently at the Weyr, carrying the various items to their proper places in the Weyr. She didn't mind this kind of work, in fact early on, it had been quite useful for getting to know the many locations within the Weyr, and shortest routes between. In this case, she happened it happened to be a box of tubers, sent from some nearby Hold.

Cami shifted the large crate in her arms, getting a better grip by propping it against her hip for a moment, when she noticed a small girl pacing in front of her. She looked from the child to the cave mouth before them. The passage lead into Lower Caverns, and was one of the quicker ways down there. As far as she could see there was nothing wrong with it. No sign of damage or a cave in.

"Umm... Can I help you?" she asked, unsure of what she was doing there.

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 7:43 am
The girl looked up at the voice, startled. Her eyes were wide and she took a step back away from the cave mouth. "My brother told me there's tunnelsnakes in there!" She announced. She looked back towards the cave fretfully. "You shouldn't go in there! They eat firelizard eggs and they'd eat us too if they were big enough!" She shivered at the thought.

"It's not safe. He told me to go in to see them but I'm scared." And meeting a tunnelsnake didn't seem worth the trouble, even for a dare. Maybe she'd tell Owara; that'd show him for trying to get her eaten!  
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 5:00 pm
Heaving the crate onto the floor, Cami paused for a moment and looked down the dark tunnel. Honestly, she hadn't been at the Weyr long enough to say if there were tunnel snakes here or not, but it seemed unlikely. The sibling then? She never had any siblings herself, but she would sometimes hear about the pranks they pulled on each other in the caravan, and this sounded pretty similar.

She crouched down beside the girl, folding her arms over her knees. Her dark eyes moved slowly from the girl to the mouth of the cave, then back. "Tunnel snakes, huh?" she said in what she hoped was a sympathetic and relatable voice. She never did have much experience dealing with children.

"Well, I'm not scared. You know why?" she asked her.

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items