[PRP] Unsolved Mysteries [Minerva?/Shun] Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:28 pm
Thursday night came. With help of the pendant, Shun made his way to the Other Ashdown library without issue. He wasn't sure what he should be expecting here. If it was actually another version of the Sorrowful One... what did that mean for ... the mute one?

Maybe he could get some answers.

Most likely he'd just end up with more questions though. That's how these things seemed to work.

Shibrogane

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:36 pm
Minerva was a smallish brown girl with her dark hair pulled back tight into a sock bun. Her eyes were lined in thick black that only made them seem even more weirdly blue-green. Her clothes were black: black short-sleeved button down shirt, black mesh shirt underneath, black maxi skirt. Her shoes could probably kill a man if thrown.

She was an early 90s goth, is what I'm getting at.

"Hi," she said. Her posture was excellent. She looked like a ballerina, if a ballerina were also to wear enormous stomping boots. It seemed like she'd been waiting there for a while: she held an umbrella up over her head like it was raining, even though the sun was shining.

There was something odd about her presence, though. Like she wasn't all there.

Blade Kuroda

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:25 pm
Shun lifted his head as he spotted the girl who was to meet him. Her attire was rather reminiscent of the goth kids in the early 90s.

"Oi," he greeted, raising his brow at the umbrella she carried. It was sunny in Other Ashdown. Apart from that, he noticed there was something strange about how she was here.

"Glad you could make it here, Minerva. Now, I have one quick question... what year is it for you?" he asked.

Shibrogane

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:46 pm
"Nineteen ninety-two," said Minerva. "George Bush is president. Why?"

Blade Kuroda

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:57 pm
Well. That confirmed one of his suspicions. Somehow, he was talking to someone from a different cycle, presumably one before she had become the Sorrowful One. He wasn't sure how soon after the cage's creation were the deer triplets made.

"I had a feeling this might be the case. We are not in the same year. The same cycle. For me, it is 2017."

He opted to not state who the current president was. It was probably going to be too hard to believe otherwise. It was probably going to be hard enough for Minerva to take the news as is.

Shibrogane

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:00 pm
Minerva said, "Then you haven't found Melany, I guess... Jerry said it was a long shot."

She didn't seem particularly affected by the revelation that they came from different timelines.

Blade Kuroda

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:47 pm
Shun slowly shook his head, "At least not the Melany you seek. I am afraid it will be a bit more difficult to locate the one missing on your end."

After a pause, he folded his arms, regarding Minerva, "How did your father - is Jerry your father - know me? Unless he meant to have you contact the version of me that exists in your timeline."

That was even if he was a detective during 1992 of her cycle. For all he knew, that Shun could be a small child right about now.

Shibrogane

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:53 pm
Minerva laughed. "Um, no," she said, "Jerry's definitely not my dad. Wow. He's like 70, and gay? Wow... no... definitely not."

She shrugged, calming down from her laughing fit. "Um, you know, he gave me a weirdly tiny cell phone, and said if I called the number in the contact book, I'd get a Detective Shun Kuroda, who was a good friend of his, and owed him a favor. I don't think he expected to get someone from 2017."

Blade Kuroda

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:03 pm
Shun blinked a few times, "... Hey he could have adopted."

Though maybe not in 1992.

Shaking his head, he just let out a sigh, "I might not be the Detective Shun Kuroda you intended to contact, but maybe there could still be a way for me to help you. I wonder if it is possible that Melany is currently undergoing her Nobility trials in your world. Granted... that should, in theory, mean she has a double in her place."

Shibrogane

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:08 pm
Minerva gave Shun a look like he was stupid. "In 1992? Bush only just allowed federal funds to be allocated to AIDS research, Mr. Kuroda, it's not gonna happen."

She arched a brow. "Um, nobility trials? What're those?"

Blade Kuroda

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:22 pm
"Maybe the Court of Nobles does not exist yet for you," he uttered. Especially since it technically was hers, There is a sect of magically inclined individuals. Their magical prowess, from what I could see, is usually greater than that of others. Induction into the court typically involves being stuck on this side while a fetch... a sort of doppelganger takes their place in the meantime. Experiences of what each person goes through while on this side varies, depending on who took them in. Most of those I know had a fairly traumatic time, unfortunately."

Shun tapped his fingers against his arm.

"It might help if I can get a better idea of when you are from exactly. Do you know Pax and Pride? Or... possibly better known as Ming and Jennifer?" he asked.

Were all three of them created at the same time?

Shibrogane

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:29 pm
Minerva shrugged and looked apologetic. "I don't know any of those people. I know what fetches are, but they're just people who got too deep into magical study to get back out. It happens sometimes." She sighed. "Though fetches aren't doppelgaengers for us, they're... dead people. It's not polite to acknowledge them in public."

Blade Kuroda

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:37 pm
Shun ran his hand through his hair, "Well... that is how they look in their true forms, yes. They are bound to one noble in particular. It seems to be a means for them to have a second chance at life. If the noble in training fails, they get to keep their new life."

So Pax and Pride were not around yet. That didn't mean she didn't know the original trio, though.

"What about Michael, Adoelle, and Heliodora?" he asked quietly before pausing, "Wait, is magic common for you, then?"

Shibrogane

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:43 pm
Minerva shrugged again. "Yeah? It's not for you?" She crossed her arms over her chest. Her umbrella swayed, and several raindrops splattered her shoulder before she fixed it and scowled. "Um, no, I don't know anyone by those names either. And I still don't get this Court thing--what does this have to do with Melany?"

Blade Kuroda

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:52 pm
He shook his head.

"Originally, it was a complete unknown factor outside of Ashdown. Then some s**t happened to rewire the world and now it exists outside, but it is incredibly rare. People know magic exist, but most fear or misunderstand it."

Shun took a moment to think about how to put the next bit.

"Melany is a noble. Before the rewiring of the world, she was the one in charge of the court, having usurped Noeh, the Sorrowful One. I thought, since you seem to be of a past timeline than where I am, she could just be beginning her trials there. Though this cannot be the case if it does not yet exist."

Shibrogane

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces