[PRP] That Deathless Death (Temperance & Melany) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:30 pm
Temperance Clark didn't typically go to the mall. Temperance Clark also didn't typically wear jewelry or eyeliner or socks with frills on them. And yet, here she was, about to get a shitty bagel at a shitty miniature kiosk in the mall. She'd needed new clothes, but first, food to shore herself up. Nothing was ever cute on her; she'd tried.

She was about to sit in one of the horrendously uncomfortable chairs that dotted the mall hallway (did malls have hallways - was that what they were called?) when she spied a somehow familiar head of hair. But, she thought the woman was taller, older, with the kind of beauty that Galadriel from The Lord of the Rings held. She pushed that thought away. It wasn't a part of the her she'd come to be. Temperance jogged over.

"Hey, A-ashley. Remember me?" That was her name, right?

shibrogane

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:52 pm
Melany didn't turn to look, not right away. She jolted, like she'd tripped over something, and turned, and said, "Uh, it's Melany, actually, and..." She squinted. "Uh... Didn't we have a math class at some point? Not one of the crazy ones. Like, vector calculus?"

The Semblance of Unity

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:24 pm
"Right, Melany," Temperance said sedately. It was an odd reaction, and that she'd turned to look at all... Perhaps it was best not to overthink it. She smiled politely, studying the girl. Either her memories were wrong or this girl was different from the imposing figure she'd been before.

"Yeah, vector calculus sounds about right, Or maybe anatomy?" She wrinkled her nose as if in thought. "I had a ball in that class, didn't you?"

shibrogane

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:35 pm
Melany arched an eyebrow. "I definitely didn't take anatomy," she said. "So it was probably calculus. With Professor Roxborough, right? I think I remember you."

Her face was similar. Less scary and Picasso-inspiring, and it wasn't like, changing or flickering. Even her stare was different, less focused. Either Temperance had the wrong girl or something really ******** weird was going down in Melanyland. "I like your eyeliner," she said. "What color is that?"

The Semblance of Unity

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:29 pm
"Huh - maybe I took it with a girl named Ashley, then. And thanks, it's navy, but it's called noble. I don't, um, get it." Temperance's gaze, on the other hand, seemed hyper-focused on Melany. Something was weird, if her memories were to be trusted.

"Hey." Melany looked so... different. "Are you alright? You looked a little peaked. Let me buy you a coffee or tea or something." Temperance frowned.

shibrogane

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:48 pm
Melany was not picking up on Temperance's hints. Or if she was, she was playing it extremely straight. "I like it! I think it'd look cute with this gold shadow I have." When Temperance suggested the coffee, she smiled and said, "Sure, okay. I mean, I feel fine, though."

The Semblance of Unity

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:45 pm
"Oh, I've never really worn gold. Did you get to check out the sale on Urban Decay Sephora had the other day? I finally got the naked palette and, of course spent so much on other stuff." Temperance chattered aimlessly about makeup as they walked to the small coffee stand. It was a little away from the main hustle and bustle and instead of a miniature store, it was more of a stall tucked in a corner. She ordered and pointed to a very small table set apart from the rest.

"Actually, Melany, I was wondering if I could ask you a couple of questions, too." She twirled a lock of blonde hair around one finger, forever fed up that it would never hold a curl.

shibrogane

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:53 pm
"I totally missed it," sighed Melany. She looked sad about that, a frown marring her pretty features. She joined Temperance at the corner table, depositing her bag beside her chair. "I mean, sure, I've got nowhere to be except practice, and that's not for hours. What's up?"

The Semblance of Unity

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:39 pm
"Next time they have one, I can let you know? Decay is so expensive." She turned her coffee cup around. Normally, she'd have been struck speechless by Melany's fine features, her grace, but she lacked the imposing aura.

"I guess," she began, then took a sip. "I'm curious about why you're here, you know."

shibrogane

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:16 pm
"At the mall?" Melany laughed. "There's a sale at H&M and I need some new skater dresses to wear to practice."

The Semblance of Unity

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:45 pm
"No," she said, not laughing with Melany, although she did smile. "In this Ashdown, instead of at the court. I thought you never came here. Don't they miss you over there?"

shibrogane

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:55 pm
"Over where?" Melany looked confused, because she was confused. "The food court? Or like, basketball? Or tennis?" She seemed to be ticking through the options. Then she startled. "Hey, what's your name, anyway? You know me, but I don't think I know you."

The Semblance of Unity

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:43 pm
"No, the otherworld's court. I know you've got magic and I thought you were a noble, Melany." Temperance didn't know, really, she just assumed strongly. Why else would she remember it?

"I thought you remembered me from calc? I'm Temperance - though we've met a couple of places."

shibrogane

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:48 pm
"I thought so, but..." Melany frowned. "I don't understand what you're talking about at all, and I think I'd remember someone so insistent. I've got a good memory for personalities..."

At the mention of the Court, something changed in her face, went slack. There was a laxness in the way she held herself. "Do you hear that?"

The Semblance of Unity

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:03 pm
"Hear what?" Temperance hadn't heard a thing beyond the normal distant bustle of the mall. Still, she glanced around briefly.

"And you didn't answer my question - shouldn't you be at the Court like normal." Something was weird, here. "Do you remember the ball at all?"

shibrogane

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces