azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:25 pm
It was, now more than ever, easier to meet in other ashdown to discuss things. Jeremiah was actually at the police department there, looking through the building and in his old office while he waited for Shun.

His head shook as he found the scorch mark still there.

Blade Kuroda
what, a less than 250 word start? HOW DARE I. *bricked*

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:57 pm
Shun stopped by the doorway to Jeremiah's old office, peering in to see the older man waiting.

"Oi," he greeted before entering the place. The scorch mark persisted here, he noticed. He wasn't really all that surprised, honestly.

Azuredream

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:39 pm
Jeremiah's fingers flicked in greeting, before he gestured towards the scorch mark.

"Still on the desk in the office?" he asked, wondering if it was. There had not been a chance to check on it, given that it was not his office anymore and it had not been for a longer time in this universe.

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:44 pm
"It is not," he shook his head, eyeing the scorch mark. It had been one of the first things he checked upon discovering his new position.

"So where do we start?"

Azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:05 pm
"Considering the me that I replaced had his magic his entire life, that would make sense. No need for practice in his dreams to control something that is naturally at his disposal." It was still mind-boggling sometimes that he stepped into the shoes of someone who had far, far more magical knowledge than he had.

Jeremiah tilted his head and inclined it to walk out of the office. Part of this was to look around and see if he could find anything out of the ordinary.

"With what you wanted to speak about last time?" He still remembered it and, were he honest, it was at the forefront of his mind now that he saw Shun again. Besides that he had a rather long list of things to discuss, best to start with what Shun wanted to speak about first.

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:08 pm
Shun stepped back as Jeremiah indicated so, tilting his head as it looked like he was looking for something.

"...Yes. It was regarding the trials of nobility. Given the way everything has been going, I think that perhaps I should see about undergoing them. But I know that now may not really be the best time for it. I know I would not be able to return to regular Ashdown in the meantime but what I do not know is how much of the general magical investigation that I will be able to continue... not to mention that would also take some of your time."

Azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:24 pm
Jeremiah froze almost immediately, turning on his heel and staring at Shun. His shoulders rolled and he held up a hand to stop him from speaking further. "Then make whatever arrangements you'd like, Shun, because whenever I offer again - formally offer - that's when this starts, that's how the magic works."

This was a different Jeremiah that was standing before him. This was not even Chief of Police Mercer, but the man who was very much a Noble of the Court. "I have something that I am currently hunting, so it would likely be best to be after that- I'm not concerned about it taking my time, Shun, or that there wouldn't be ways for you to continue investigating in the time you are away."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:49 am
Shun lifted his head as he noticed the shift in Jeremiah. Listening to him, he slowly nodded.

"Hunting? What is it you seek?"

Azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:00 pm
Jeremiah's fingers stretched, one of them having a strange blue marking around the base. It still fluttered under his skin but that was it. "I thought it was an othercreature but I'm not sure. Originally it was simply destroying things, small things, here in other ashdown but now it's gone further ...

"The antique shop in town? The one with the roof that caved in? It's been destroyed on this side."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:05 pm
Folding his arms over his chest, he thought back to where the antique shop was in this place.

"Only on this side? The damage did not transfer over?" he asked.

"In what way are these things being destroyed? Does it seem like they have been slashed up or something?"

Someone better not have let the Destroyer out of its cage again.

Azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:13 pm
"Well, it was completely destroyed on this side but the roof caved-in in Ashdown." Jeremiah had seen it, checked because he knew things could reflect sometimes. So, yes, it did transfer over.

"I found it after it had finished wrecking the building but it-" His hand twitched in brief annoyance. "It came right at me and then just disappeared. It isn't slashing things up, it's tearing them apart. Breaking things apart until it's pieces."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:07 pm
That didn't quite sound like the work of the Destroyer. Which he supposed was a good thing. Unfortunately, he wasn't sure what it could be. It was an unknown, which was just as bad.

"So you got a glimpse of it then? Before it vanished?"

Azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:19 pm
"In a manner, yes." Jeremiah raked a hand through his hair. "It- lunged at me but then went through me as if I wasn't even there. I was using my talents to track it and found it after it had wrecked the building - as well as an otherbeing."

There, for all that he could tell, did not seem to be anything going on here. Nor had it been here.

"I can't quite describe it because it made my eyes water to simply look at it."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:27 pm
That might make dealing with it a bit difficult to say in the least. Shun wasn't sure what to make of the fact that it just passed through Jeremiah. There could be a number of different reasons as to why that happened.

"Does it leave any sort of trail? Some indication of its presence aside from the destruction it leaves behind? Or any sort of pattern as to what its targets are?"

Azuredreams

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:36 pm
"No particular trail but I have determined at least one aspect of it and that's how I am tracking it." Jeremiah's shoulders rolled, fingers flicking towards a light fixture that lit up and illuminated the area they were in. Empty desks everywhere, drawers pulled out and nothing in them.

Yet there was paper everywhere.

"It targets things that have been changed in the aftermath of the remaking of the Sigil."

Blade Kuroda

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces