Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:04 pm
    ...this was really, stupid, really.

Oliver knew that for the week surrounding the full moon, a moonwalker had to deal with the unfortunate side effects of... well, additional parts. He was a raccoon, so he had the fluffy triangular ears, the claws, black marks on his face like a mask. These were fairly easy to hide all things considered; a snug knit hat, a nail file (or some gloves), heavy makeup or the pretense of I'm a double major and very, very tired.

No, the hardest part was hiding the stupid ******** tail. He had a longer jacket on which was managing to do the trick, but even still he was paranoid.

Naturally this lead to him coming out mostly at night to avoid the bustle of the populace, not to mention the fact that he was like, really awake and nocturnal now, but there just wasn't much to do when the sun went down. He'd go on walks and stuff, but any places he'd typically frequent were always closed.

A turn here, a turn there. His keen ears picked up what sounded like an odd disturbance, and he followed it to... well. This. This being one of those steel cages to catch stray animals with, except this one had netted a raccoon—like, a real one—and it was hissing and squeaking at him like he was any ordinary human.

Probably because he was.

So realistically, he shouldn't let it go, but he felt kind of bad. Maybe it was because he was a raccoon? But a smarter one? That could be human most of the time? He knelt down and worried his lip while he watched the poor thing.

iStoleYurVamps
hope this is ok 4 u

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:38 pm
Abigail had gotten the call a week ago about the 'disturbances'. Trash cans being pilfered and pushed over. Garbage littering the ground and gardens dug up. Sighting of 'fat cats' in the area. Hissing and yowling from ferals at night as they scuffled with something. This deep in town it didn't sound like any regular feral cat but more the typical residential vagrant.

She didn't want to set the steel trap at first, but after the visit and being unable to find it's burrow, she was left with no choice. She had nearby folks talking of leaving rat poison out for it which was all sorts of worse and while she understood, she couldn't understand how callous people could be to animals that were just trying to get by.

It wasn't like they asked to have their homes replaces by construction. Or easy food placed in front of them via garbage cans with non secure lids. So as her nightly routine, she was making the rounds to the various traps. It was on the third one she hit paydirt. One very upset racoon, (very fat so at least she gathered he'd been eating well), and apparently, company.
"Oh dear." She said to herself, shutting off the car engine and parking it as close as she could. Grabbing the carrier and her gloves, she hopped out of the truck, trying her best social smile.

"Hi there buddy." She said towards the fat bandit, who eyed her for a second before hissing, clearly not pleased with the newly arrived human.

"I'm Abigail Belmont, local ranger for the nearby state park. You're not bitten I hope?" She held up the plastic carrier.
"Just here to collect our fuzzy friend and set him lose in a better area."

Melancholies

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:05 am
    Oliver jumped. Like, really jumped. So much so that his hair bristled and his tail got real poofy and he turned, eyes glinting not unlike a cats would despite the dimness of the night. God dammit Beaumont keep your s**t together!

He still wasn't used to the were parts though, and it showed because he didn't immediately try hide the aforementioned tail. "B-Bitten?" The caged creature was still hissing, and it wasn't helping Oliver's anxiety. "No, no. Nothing like that. I just--"

He looked back to the distressed raccoon, and only then did he notice his fuzzy tail sticking out. He shrieked before attempting to stuff it away again.

iStoleYurVamps
Oliver Beaumont is a mess

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:48 pm
There were a lot of things Abigail had seen working with wildlife. More specifically being called to the city to rescue people from what she considered the natives. (Humans were a very skittish species and prone to attacking anything they saw as threatening even if it was harmless).

However, seeing a boy with a raccoon tail staring at her just like many a cornered bandit were to do was a definite first. He clearly was... fine? Otherwise? Slowly staring from boy to actual raccoon, she smiled choosing to ignore the poor boy's distress at having a tail and focus on what she actually knew and could feel comfortable with. Actual animals that didn't talk back to her.

"That's good." She said, ignoring the elephant or rather raccoon in the room, eyes on the distressed caged being.
"Hopefully our friend here hasn't been here very long. He's a bit large so been eating well but he might be a bit thirsty. Until then-" Setting down the crate, she pulled out the blanket a small bit so it would have something to grip onto.
Then the magic.

A box of raisins.

"Need to give him a bit of space let him understand we're not an immediate threat. He might not calm down a lot but I don't want to stress him more than needed."

Melancholies

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:59 am
    Truth be told, Oliver also wanted those raisins. He watched as Abigail reacted calmly to the situation like it was nothing, wondering if she knew about magic or if she was really that chill about half-furries. He scooted away from the cage with the tail successfully hidden again.

"...but you're not going to hurt him, right? You said?" He wasn't sure why he was so goddamn concerned, but being a raccoon and seeing a raccoon stressed out like that sort of spiked his anxiety. What if he wandered into a cage on accident? He could be killed. Or maybe he was just being overly dramatic. "I mean, he was just tryin' to live his life." He fiddled nervously with his hands.

iStoleYurVamps

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:51 pm
It was less that Abigail knew anything about magic or was just chill with furries. All it had to do was with priorities. And hers was the trapped and very scared raccoon in a cage.
"Oh my- Heavens no!" She shot the boy a look, clearly now distressed at the thought of bringing the animal any harm. "I just need to get him into a carrier. There is a high chance he might have a friend around and I have to leave the cages out for a three day minimum. Poor guy. You're correct though. He came first. Poor guy probably came in from all the new development out by the woodland. Trash makes for an easy meal though it's terrible for them. Hey buddy." Setting a few raisins at the edge of the cage, she moved away, giving the upset raccoon some space.

As she backed away a small distance while the caged animal hissed and tentatively sniffed at the offered morsels, its eyes darted between the people and raisins. Eventually it took one to nibble on.

Abigail looked awkwardly around before settling back on the boy.
"You uh- didn't accidentally cast anything did you? Just-" Her hand waved vaguely towards her behind.

She figured saying 'you have a tail' might have been a bit too direct. Magic was all sorts of a rather touchy subject for some people.

Melancholies

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:25 pm
    "C-Cast?" He looked around, but relaxed at the idea that this women possibly wouldn't turn him into the police for being magic. "You know about magic? I didn't cast anything no, it's just—"

He was speaking a little fast, a little anxiously. He shook his head. "I'm just like this. For a little while." He pointed up to the full moon peeking between the clouds. "Like a werewolf, except as a ******** raccoon." He also took the cue to back away from the cage, even if he did feel a bizarre kinship with the animal. So long as it was a catch and release he supposed it'd be okay...

He wasn't a nature lover or anything, but dead raccoons were kind of like staring at his own corpse at this point. It unnerved him.

iStoleYurVamps

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:53 pm
It was turning out to be a surreal night for her. She was tired, it was late, and this poor kid had a tail coming out from his spine. She didn't want to cause more problems than needed.

"I know about magic the same way most people do. It exists. I prefer to just-" She didn't ignore it per say. She just rather leave it alone and not meddle in it. Magic was natural just like animals. Treat them with respect and things would go okay. Usually.
"I prefer to let things be. Let things be what they are born to be, don't meddle in nature's process. That sort of thing. Makes life easier I like to think." This was the most she'd talked in ages and she looked between boy and raccoon who was now, nibbling on the raisins as any starving animal would.

"Would you mind helping me set up the cages next to each other?" While he seemed nervous, a second pair of hands always helped.
"Just need to get the openings flush so he'll go into the carrier. Oh-" She sprinkled in some raisins into the carrier.

"Almost forgot the bait."
Melancholies

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:35 am
    Ollie blinked. "Well," He paused, "That's not so bad, I guess."

He looked over as Abigail started to shuffle around with the caged, her request catching him sharp. "Is that okay? I mean, I'm not a professional or anything." He was moving to assist despite this. "If he doesn't go for the raisins, I could try talking to him." He'd never tried to talk to another raccoon, but he was one, so it was worth a try right? He just kinda hoped the raccoon would go for the bait though.

"I've been seeing a lot of wildlife lately. I think the weird stuff happening with the State forest trees is affecting them." It was purely speculation, but no one seemed to know where the tree rot was coming from. He'd seen a few articles in the paper though, a few showings on the news. People didn't care much about the state of the environment though, not these days. Hell, he hadn't really until lately himself.

iStoleYurVamps

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:32 pm
Abigail shook her head, smiling at the boy.
"It's fine. More hands can help make sure if he panics that he'll have less chance to hurt himself." She certainly couldn't talk to raccoons and had no idea how one would go about speaking to them but magic was beyond her pay grade to question.

So long as it didn't hurt the wildlife, she wasn't one to bother questioning what it did. But-

"Talking to him might help. I've never been in a situation where one could try so I have no idea how it'd go." A sigh left her however when Ollie mentioned the forest. She knew that it was not exactly making it a great place for relocations, prompting her to do more releases further from the main release areas than she'd like.

"I'm hopeful that whatever is causing more of our neighbors to visit isn't something harmful or dangerous, much less lasting. Their homes are well, their own. It's not good for anyone when someone ends up homeless."

Raisins in the cage, the raccoon eyed the pair suspiciously, not moving into said cage, nor running from.

Melancholies
million years later vamps

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

ashdown

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items