Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:53 pm
Quote:
    the areas.

These are the descriptions of the places the swan boat will be traveling through for your romantic Tunnel of Love ride.

AREA ONE
        Once you step into the swan boat you immediately realize that one) those are totally real feather and two) that somehow you have traveled down the water to what looks like a romantic garden area.

Soft music plays, you hear the laughter of couples, and there is a table and chairs with a pair sitting across from each other and leaning forward to press their foreheads together and whisper sweet nothings to one another. The scene plays out and the paused swan boat moves forward once more.

AREA TWO
        As you come around the bend clouds blow in, hiding the ground and water. Building tops are visible, the moon high in the sky (does it have a face? is it singing?) as a pair dances across the clouds without a care in the world, their eyes only on each other. They dance and eventually have a romantic moment on top of a giant elephant.

It’s a little weird.

AREA THREE
        Leaving the pair of dancers behind, the sound of swords clashing and fighting fills the air. Not all the parts of the ride are apparently for the disgustingly romantic sort and instead, it’s a battle as two people fight back to back, prepared to do whatever it takes to keep the other safe and see them live through the day.

A large beast appears after they’ve knocked down their foes and, with a battle cry, they charge an face it together. The scene fades as the boat is once more pulled forward on its watery path.

AREA FOUR
        The lighting dims, the flicker of a fireplace the only thing that illuminates the area. There’s a couple sitting close to one another on a stuffed unicorn. The boat does not linger long in this area, instead only giving you a glimpse as things appear to be getting heated quite quickly.

AREA FIVE
        As the ride comes to the last area, the path of the boat becomes unclear- water is everywhere. There are small craggy rocks in the water, flowering vines hanging from above, and the drip of what sounds like a deep cave.

Yet that feeling ends as one by one, paper lanterns start floating by and then a few float down from above landing in the water and continuing down the path the boat came from. In the distance you think you see another boat and another pair but look away as you realize they’re just about to kiss.

ambiance.

When you roll your 1D6, these are the environmental things that happen to add ambiance to your ride.

1 - a light drizzle falls from above (?!), the sound of thunder cracking drowning out conversation, and something moves among the area that you cannot quiet see.
        2 - flower petals fall from above, showering you in a sweet smell that relaxes you (unless you’ve got an allergy and then it’s little bits of glitter).
        3 - something stalks the area you are in, glowing eyes watching you. you cannot see it, not clearly and it makes your eyes water, but you hear the growls and swear you hear it whisper a name, your name.
        4 - stepping forward from the scene (out of nowhere), the something that runs the ticket booth appears and hands over a romantic present (your choice of present to give to your partner or keep for yourself!)
        5 - an eerie voice echoes through the ride. it sounds barely human and everything in the area seems to darken ominously.
        6 - a slightly chill breeze blows through, making you want to press close to one another (or hug yourself).

outcomes.

When your ride comes to end, either due to malfunction or because it's simply come to an end, this is what happens.

a perfectly romantic ride.
        tab If all goes well, the swan boat ride comes out the other side of the Tunnel of Love and it’s exactly where you started. There’s no one there now, the ticket booth saying CLOSED, but as you go by you notice that your phone buzzes. Somehow there’s photos of you on instagram on the ride and there’s several very nicely done, flattering pictures of you (and whomever you went with) looking super adorable (together).

a perfectly malfunctioning ride.
        tab If things do not go well and the ride malfunctions … The swan boat creaks and protests, the sounds of gears grinding as you hear rushing water. Looking over the side you realize that a whirlpool (what the hell?!) is forming right underneath the swan boat and there’s no way to get away from it, some force trapping you in the boat. The boat, along with you, are sucked down into the whirlpool …

Only to blink your eyes and realize you are outside once more. Standing in cold water of a small picturesque pond that was nearby. A overly done archway is above you (it’s supposed to be romantic) and flowers and vines hang down from above all over again. You hear the snap of a camera but see nothing. Yet as you step out of the pond, to dry off and make sure you’re not covered in flowers, you feel something in your pocket. You reach in and discover that there’s a photo-booth style set of pictures of you (and whomever you went with) that have been done up with that super kawaii phone app. There’s also a bag of candy hearts in your other pocket. For once they taste amazing.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:27 pm
melancholies
Text to: Fluff
hey, u free? theres an attraction in town and it's free but its best to go in twos

Horace locked his phone screen and looked up at the lighted words. A tunnel of love, huh? It seemed like it could be just silly enough to lighten his mood. He tried not to think too hard of why he texted Oliver about it. He didn't have an answer for that, anyway.

melancholies

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:30 pm
    The Semblance of Unity
    text to: Horace
    ? What is it?
    I mean, I'm free I guess, yeah.

Well, Oliver had no idea what that was about, but the truth was he wasn't doing much aside from forcing himself to stay awake. Being a raccoon and doing the day thing was hard, but he was trying to get his sleep schedule back on track. He yawned lazily.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:42 am
melancholies
it'll be fun. c'mon

He texted the address (with about three too many emojis) and, shooting a glance over at the tunnel, headed across the street. There was, of course, a Starbucks on the corner and Horace needed a coffee. If he was what he ate, he'd probably be considered about seventy-two percent coffee.

Ordering something very strong and very sweet, he settled down to wait for Oliver's reply.  

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:29 pm
    The Semblance of Unity
    if you say so...

Ten or so minutes later, Oliver showed up to that very same corner, looking a hair more ruffled than usual. A messy knit hat was pulled over his head and he was wearing an unnecessarily long cardigan (which remained buttoned up). The bruise across his face was healing and looked gross and splotchy, but now his eyes were ringed black. He looked... strange. Human but strange.

Quote:
    where're you at?

He hadn't bothered to actually look into the Starbucks or anything.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:59 am
melancholies
behind you

Horace had seen Oliver arrive; he was kind of hard to miss. Gathering up his coffee, he headed back outside. As he approached, he noticed Oliver's face. The bruise was healing, but it was at that disgusting stage that reminded him of fruit. Plus, Oliver just looked kind of... extra tired.

"Hey Oliver, you look kinda awful." Horace the charmer. "Want a coffee or something first?"  

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:52 pm
    Oliver wheeled around, hand on top of his hat to keep it in place. "Do I?" He laughed a little, "You startled me. I'm fine on the coffee." He waved his hand; honestly he didn't like the taste of it. Dirty leaf water for life.

"It's just, y'know." He waved his hand again before realizing he was just repeating himself and his motions, the arm awkwardly dropping. "I'm fine. So what's up with this thing?" He was clueless.

His teeth were sharper too, when he spoke, namely his canines.

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:43 pm
"Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you. And nope, I dunno," he said cheerfully to Oliver's 'y'know'. Horace lowered his voice. "Is it a were thing or did someone whack you in both eyes or did you lose a fight with eyeliner?" He wasn't going to press more than that, but if someone was still hitting him that had to be curtailed asap.

He gestured to the big, bright sign nearby. "This is up. It looks silly, so we should do it, yeah?" Horace grinned, stalwartly choking down any residual awkward he felt from the other Ashdown interlude.

melancholies

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:58 pm
    Oliver's cheeks puffed up, "It's a were thing." Which it really was, but he didn't want to admit it. At least not in public. His eyes followed Horace's gesture to the absolutely god-awful valentines attraction.

He looked at it and then back to Horace and then back at the tunnel. When he turned back to Horace he had an eyebrow raised in a really, really perplexed way.

"You're not gonna take me to dinner first?" He elbowed him, trying to make light of this absolutely bizarre situation.

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:23 pm
Horace frowned. A were thing, huh.... That drew his mind back to certain other events, so that when Oliver elbowed him, he wasn't really expecting it. He flinched, nearly jumping out of his skin. Static electricity arced between them for a second.

He took a moment to just breathe, reminding himself of all the logical facts in front of himself. Then he looked at Oliver, shook off the feeling forcefully and said: "Hey! I tried to take you on a coffee date, you turned me down cold. I've never been so horribly rejected in my life." Horace fixed Oliver with a truly pouty face.

melancholies

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:21 pm
    Ollie jumped at the shock, looking around to make sure no one had noticed. It seemed alright... "Well I didn't know that was the motivation behind it! You opened it up with "hey, you look awful"!"

He huffed, arms folded, hair frizzed out slightly from the electricity. Not that it looked particularly kept anyway. "I guess I can make an exception for touching you on accident. Again." Man, he was really bad about this wasn't he...

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:31 pm
"Well, your bruise is still all... bruisey," he pointed out, in his defense. It was a pretty weak defense. "But other than that, you uh, look cute? Your hair's all poofed out." Horace supposed it could be from his static electricity thing, and he felt kind of bad about it.

"And... I don't know... maybe I need to have exposure therapy for the touching thing." He looked down glumly at his hands. "I owe you a coffee or something."

melancholies

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:32 am
    Ollie's cheeks were still puffed out when Horace kept talking, but then he laughed a sarcastic sort of laugh and rolled his eyes. "Yeah, yeah, I guess..." He rubbed at one of his eyes. "Hey, honestly I'm not that big on coffee. You can buy me a cocoa though?" He wasn't going to say no to free s**t. He was a starving college student.

"I mean, exposure therapy might be something looking into, but I dunno how well that stuff works. Never needed to read up on it." He looked back towards the gaudy tunnel looking thing. And then at Horace. And then at the tunnel again with a tiny huff. "I mean, I'm not a professional, but I don't mind helping either." He said this like he was flustered to even offer in the first place, and then he was marching off towards the dumb tunnel thing because he felt awkward standing around waiting for a response.

The Semblance of Unity
he's so dumb...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:32 pm
"I'll buy you one after this, yeah?" Or whenever. Horace didn't really care. The offer to help with his 'exposure therapy' came as a bit of a surprise, but in the grand total of people he knew, there were very few he would trust with it. And Oliver might just be one of them.

He slid into a boat after the attendant waved them through, scooting over so that Oliver could slide in as well. "You know, that might... might not be a bad idea. I wouldn't mind it." Then the boat began to move.

Quote:
AREA ONE
Once you step into the swan boat you immediately realize that one) those are totally real feather and two) that somehow you have traveled down the water to what looks like a romantic garden area.

Soft music plays, you hear the laughter of couples, and there is a table and chairs with a pair sitting across from each other and leaning forward to press their foreheads together and whisper sweet nothings to one another. The scene plays out and the paused swan boat moves forward once more.

melancholies
do you wanna do the rolls?

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Melancholies rolled 1 6-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-6)

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:59 pm
Quote:
2 - flower petals fall from above, showering you in a sweet smell that relaxes you (unless you’ve got an allergy and then it’s little bits of glitter).

18/20

"The contract's sealed." He said very seriously as he slid into the boat. "No take-backs."

He noted right then that the boat was very peculiar. Suddenly he was having flashbacks to the haunted house from Halloween—how it had been a little too spooky and a little too realistic and bizarre. Suddenly he felt a little uneasy.

"I've never actually been on one of these." He said absentmindedly as he looked up at the petal rain. The couple in the actual display made him gag inwardly, "Gross. I guess I expected this to be really cheesy though."

To Horace, he finally answered "Anyway, I mean, if you wanted." And then he shrugged in a noncommittal sort of way like he was brushing it off as no big deal. "Just saying that the offer's there."

The Selmblance of Unity

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces