Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revolution: Gaia ©

Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply 💡Site Feedback and Ideas
Anyone noticed this site's security issues?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tanooki John

Girl-Crazy Gaian

18,125 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 9 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:29 am
I had been noticing the security problems on this site lately (I noticed the grey padlock with a red slash on both the log in screen and the marketplace, since i'm a firefox user) I tried to type "https://" on the Gaia link and it seem to only work in the site log in, but it won't work for the marketplace when i want to sell or buy an item from there. Anyone had this problem? I even found a thread in the Gaia main forums talking about that problem too. Can anyone please help us by contacting the staff and reminding them to fix that problem?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:27 am
Tanooki John
I had been noticing the security problems on this site lately (I noticed the grey padlock with a red slash on both the log in screen and the marketplace, since i'm a firefox user) I tried to type "https://" on the Gaia link and it seem to only work in the site log in, but it won't work for the marketplace when i want to sell or buy an item from there. Anyone had this problem? I even found a thread in the Gaia main forums talking about that problem too. Can anyone please help us by contacting the staff and reminding them to fix that problem?

Can't find the exact quote from Lanzer but I believe it is a transition of HTML.

I may have misread that quote however sweatdrop  

Darius Runan
Crew

Enduring Gaian

Tanooki John

Girl-Crazy Gaian

18,125 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 9 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:26 am
Darius Runan
Tanooki John

Can't find the exact quote from Lanzer but I believe it is a transition of HTML.

I may have misread that quote however sweatdrop

Do you think Lanzer will ever work on it? It makes me worry not for myself but for the sake of others who use the marketplace. A few years back before the Gaia economical rise, there were several hacker problems and some of my Philippines pals got hacked and the hackers caused some problems for my 1st guild "Kokeshi Lovers" which was a guild I started long ago and been building and wishing to revive.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:06 pm
You can have the best security and it can still be hacked, I mean look at the government. They deal with hackers all the time...
That being said I don't think we would have to worry about a major hack because were just a tiny site with forums and avatars...
People hacking other accounts, usually it's because they have a lame password and people brute force it or they clicked a link that was bad and it allowed them to be keylogged which gave the hacker their passwords.  

Qwertea
Vice Captain

IRL Gaian

11,725 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Rat Conqueror 500
💡Site Feedback and Ideas

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers