Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
Visitor Listserv Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:27 pm
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: cnfrnce
    Pride brings up another point. To undo all of this - this being the cage - we would need to undo the Sigil that started this all.

Which brings up this point: none of this will potentially matter when this ends. All of this is happening within the construct of the cage and once that is opened, the magic will go back to it's natural state. Nobles, moonwalkers, and wargs ... these things may not matter once that happens.

The magic we have now will cease. These things we're discussing matter because we are, in fact, preparing for the cycles to continue.

Jeremiah Mercer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:45 pm
Re: Re: Re: Re: cnfrnce

lmao

im all 4 taking the sigils apart ******** this cycle bullshit
    i aint gonna sit around and watch my ******** bf and my brother die
    lady ty 4 the thing but its taking me a while 2 read h/o ):

-shiloh b.

This is all interesting? I'm not sure how much it clarifies things if only because I had little information to begin with. I'll address these... 'spoons'

- Personally, my experiences as a moonwalker are inconvenient. Have you ever dealt with being a ******** raccoon? It's terrible. That said, it's still an integral part of me... combining them (as in, with wargs) seems messy, but I'm also not entirely sure I want to give this ability up either.
    - see above
    - I'm not sure how to answer this; killing people seems like not a good idea? Shiloh is glaring at me because he won't just answer my questions when I ask them forthright, thanks.
    - He seemed to be a decent individual when I met him?
    - Is this the police chief? Freedom of speech is a fundamental right, but I'm not sure if we should be bashing people with political power when they're like Right Here.
    - Shiloh I'm getting really irritated that I know almost nothing this women is talking about.
    - ???

- Oliver Beaumont

look ok dont give me tht!!! it... its messy

nyway what happened to melany wasnt her fcking fault!!! they carved a ******** sigil into her back!!! I'm trying 2 find away to seperate the spinel lady from her or smth but its... idk. i'm trying you can ******** fight me on this ill ******** cut you

the deer sibs were all ******** complacent in that s**t, but im not gonna say we should be heartless bastrds either. two wrongs dont make a right, whterver, im over it. no one else needs to die ok.

nyway like, do i thnk having nobles powers is helpful??? yea, but if anything its easier 2 abuse than w/e the ******** duo double smashr wargwalker bs is. I think anyway, but i guess we were told there used 2 be checks? w/ the moonwalkers bein the otherworld FBI or w/e but obv that doesnt happen anymore lol so like im not a moonwalker or a warg so this is just my 2 cents, but if we wanna keep nobility around then we need stronger checks, bcs ******** this ******** able to ******** geas each other in2 killing themselves bs. did u kno that's a thing??? im adding that in2 the list at the bottom

anyway, i have the court document in my posession. theres like 24 fingerprints on it, one for each person who contribted their blood or w/e to the sigil. three of em are defenitey helio/micheal/adoelle, and then the deer sibs... if any1 wants to know the rest or w/e they can ask me privately, bcs it kinda sucks whos on it, as in there are ppl in this listserv who are and im not posting it publically. if any1 wants a photo i can upload a pic
    keep in mind we dont kno 2 what extent ppl were informed. it seemed like only doe n the deer sibs were there when they 'made' the new charter, ugh ******** gag me, so whether or not she corralled every1 like 'ok friends were gonna split a girl in half for Magic whos in' isnt anything i know, nor do i think its something anyone wouldve done w/o like, questioning her sanity, because what the ******** the court is ******** awful. i want it gone or at least remade in2 something that isnt a ******** abuse wank off, but like its hurt so many ******** people? is it worth it to just ******** it into what we want? we probably shouldnt even be ******** with magic in the first fcuking place like this tbh, bcs none of us know what were doing

lol mercer basically just pointed out why this noble s**t needs to end
    1. being a noble is a slow death
    2. most nobles didnt ask 4 this (<-- this 1 is rly important, pls remember it if u did ask for it lol!)
    3. saying again i dont want 2 outlive my ******** boyfriend and go probably ******** insane, maybe im just bein weird here when i say that ppl generally dont wanna outlive their loved ones! sorry i cant be in the cool group of ppl already boning it up in court
    4. can court still b a good thing? maybe but lets nix the immortality k thank u u see what im getting at
    5. oh yeah there's a ******** geas we can use 2 self police but it's terrible, basically, ******** that. i mean do u SEE all the self policing thats happening rn? bcs i dont
    6. did i mention the ******** abuse????

lady also had a good convo w/ me a while back abt how the charter can also influence the otherworld and the laws that govern it n s**t; big name s**t like bringing time to the otherworld, s**t like that, correct me if im wrong lady, but food 4 thought??? like this thing can b alot bigger than u think

anyway im ******** tired now cause ive been sleeping 4 absolute dogshit.

-shiloh b.

Well.

I still have a lot of questions.

-Oliver Beaumont

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:49 pm

If the Court remains as is structurally then there should be a term limit for Nobles.

How many cycles until the stresses involved with the position are too much? Hasn't that been enough to kill some of them? No one should be expected to exist in those conditions indefinitely.

You can keep and protect records instead of relying on individual memory. It would also make the Noble faction less subject to bias if everyone who joins is someday obligated to leave.

Eve

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:59 pm
    I've never seen it stated anywhere that a Noble can't leave the Court. It just likely does not go well for them (as in it's death; they die, get murdered, so on).

Again, this is also us creating a system in which we can use for information, essentially, should the cycles continue. However if we do this, we need it to work in a way that leads to less craziness or an option to see people leave it if they choose (as Eve stated).

On that topic: the Charter contains twenty-four fingerprints it that I had run to see who they are, if they are currently around. These are all people who helped blood and bring the Charter into power. While these individuals did not necessarily know what was done to create it, they did however empower it (as Shiloh stated already). I will not publically state who it is that is on the Charter but you're welcome to either reach out to myself or Shiloh (as he does have a copy of the list) to find out.

It may be better for some to go into this without knowing that they helped create what has essentially become a problem for us all.

Jeremiah Mercer

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:01 pm
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: cnfrnce

I'm so sorry, Jer and Lady and Shiloh. Nobles are really, really scary to me but that sounds awful too. T___T If the Court stays, maybe there should be some mode of therapy or a wellness program for Nobles. I understand checks and balances, but healing is just as, if not more important. Right? If I'm wrong, sorry. I don't mean to stick my nose in where you guys have been hurt;;

- America Jones  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:14 pm
size=15]Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: cnfrnce

Wow this chain is lit. So here's the thing. We're kinda running short on time before the next reset yeah? Probably shouldn't undo the whole immortality thing or we're all pretty much gonna forget everything and go right back to the start. Except maybe the principals. Gotta think ahead. Have some backup plans and maybe some backup plans for those backups. Best case scenario we undo the whole shebang and nothing gets reset this year. i aint too confident about that though.

We can break it all down now starting with this charter but uh better have something planned to help forward s**t down the line or we be sent to start faster than you can shout 'Sorry!'

At the same time, going all bonkers cuz people aint really meant to have immortality in the first place ain't really chill either. Gotta have something on that front if we gonna keep that facet for certain things. Ya hear me?

Peace,
    Shun Kuroda

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:17 pm

meri ): no ur ok
    im going to real life therapy already tho but ty

-shiloh b.

kuroda what the ******** b.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:20 pm
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: cnfrnce

You're so smart, Shun! Maybe you could make a journal like the one we found in the Void place. Things in OAD don't reset like the regular world, right? You could make a time capsule just in case everything is as bad as it seems and then resets to people all confused and dying and miserable and going crazy and suddenly magic and oh no oh my god I don't want to be a crazy immortal! I don't want to die either but I don't want this I don't people I love to die and forget me forever!

- America Jones

lizbot

No Faun

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:03 pm
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: cnfrnce

shollie, can i talk to you both? like... not together but yeah

-horace

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:29 pm

In all honesty, I'm in favor of leaving the Charter dismantled.

If need be we can build something new in its place. But the differences made by the Charter sigil didn't solve any problems, it merely replaced them. So I must agree with Pride.

I don't think I can trust anything resembling the Court as it is now. You may be able to turn Noblehood into something more benevolent. But benevolent does not always mean good. Keeping moonwalkers and wargs separate in the way they are would put their lives unnecessarily at risk in future cycles, even with things like the transformation madness removed.

Eve

cibarium
Crew

Noob

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:11 pm
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: cnfrnce
    It's not a binary switch you guys. If we don't re-establish the Court, we can still stick a clause in that's like, and the wargs can still warg or whatever the ********>. We can do literally anything if we think about it first.

Shiloh and Eve are right. The Court historically stands for abuse and awful s**t. Whatever it was MEANT to do, it hasn't been doing. Why don't we just make Magic Democracy?

-lady

PS omg oliver b you're a RACCOON? hahaha you're a trash panda that's adorable!!

PPS ******** you tho spoons are a legitimate way to propose guiding questions

Mother i love you but there is, in my vast and incomparable experience, no way to create a term limit for nobles simply due to the fact that you cannot simply remove the spinel lady and she is also subject to noble rules

The court would have to be dismantled and rebuilt to make it otherwise

Yes, most nobles tend to kill themselves or incite a noble war in order to re-enter the cycles, fetches do this too in my experience
    -e fitzpatrick

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:18 am
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: conference (you're welcome)

I’m seeing a distinct lack of trust based on nothing more than what was done to Melany and what Melany did to others. It’s frankly disturbing. From the 'options' presented by some of you I see you would rob your friends and neighbors of their magic roles to satisfy nothing but your own mob-rule of fear based on the behavior of people that are not us. You say ‘we didn’t sign that document’ or ‘the actions of another me aren’t my actions’ yet would judge our current nobles based on those same decisions as well as the actions of others.

Based on the number of fingerprints on that document a decision was made, a heinous and disgusting one, but as I don’t see wild throngs of these immortal and all powerful nobles that everyone is scared of, that leads me to be believe that your views of the noble class are skewed with bias and your information on what a noble is and what it means to be one are equally distorted.

These past selves made a communal decision as well. Enough of them to forge powerful magic. They made that horrific choice because the alternative - unchecked ‘spirit bound’ - was apparently bad enough to require it. None of us knows what that was like or what sort of world they lived in to require it. We also don’t know how informed they were of what they were doing. Can we claim to be any better here? Were you all any more informed when you made a new sigil and formed a new world, erasing our parents, children and friends from existence, having us live in the shoes of strangers with our faces?

Take a step back. Look at the big picture.

Even a magical democracy requires checks and balances and to remove nobles from the table while retaining moonwalkers and wargs is only inviting another repeat of past, unknown, disasters. There’s a reason there are three branches, a reason the government has them as well. You can’t keep piranhas in even numbers because they will square off and devour one another, even if they appear to be getting along at first glance. It’s only a matter of time.

It’s offensive to find you would rob your friends and neighbors of positions they have earned, through whatever means led to them acquiring them, while simultaneously claiming right to your own. Do you not trust the nobles you know or do you not trust the image of the past Court in your mind? If you don’t trust those in the noble class, why should they trust the wargs or moonwalkers to make the right decisions on their behalf when they so quickly want to strip them of things they’ve suffered to accomplish?

Is the court, as it has come to this point, toxic? Absolutely. It’s based on blood and death. It was formed on a lack of consent and only sowed bitterness and more of such in it’s wake. Was what was done to Melany horrific and terrifying? Yes. Were some of our own nobles kidnapped and tortured by people who still walk among us?? Yes. People who are reading this. People who some of you would defend because you can’t see past the ends of your own noses.

But a new class of noble has risen who want to change things. Why not give them a chance? No one is claiming they want nobles to rule all with an iron fist and I believe the only reason anyone thinks that is because of Melany’s rule and the lack of guidance for the other classes. Do you want to change the name to make yourself feel better? If the name 'Noble Court' offends your delicate sensibilities it can be changed, but the presence is necessary for balance.

If you want to dissolve the Court, then all separation of 'faction' should be dissolved. No distinguishing and the magical world runs unchecked. But if you want to establish a form of rule and regulation then something has to be put in place.

If people want to retain their lives as they know them, their powers that have become part of them, than you must respect it as everyone’s right. Robbing your friends and neighbors of status, placing yourself above them in importance because it makes you feel more righteous and under the guise of your 'class', and blaming others for actions not their own, is not the way to do it. We can make the world something better and we can make the magical balance equal.

We can design it anyway we want.

To rewrite the charter is only a start. This isn’t the end-all-be-all of our magical lives. This is maintaining a healthy balance of communication, administration and enforcement for the world we live in. This can be a new beginning for everyone. We shouldn’t be sowing more seeds of distrust among ourselves, nor imposing our wills on our friends and family out of mob-fear and knee jerk anger.

For any of you to deny that's what's happening right now, is gravely shortsighted.

--------

Professor Algernon R. Mercer

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:51 am

I trust you not to abuse that power Professor Algernon, I really do! T_____T But just because you don't kidnap, torture, or um...force people into sex, doesn't mean that sort of power should be something people can...earn...by becoming a noble. Not using it still doesn't make that okay, right? And even if the Court was a communal decision, who becomes part of it isn't. How they become part of it isn't. I'm sorry if we hurt your feelings, Sir. I think you'll do a good job turning it into something useful and not just horrible for everyone once all this is taken care of. If we don't all die or make things worse instead. Right now it's nothing good except new peoples' future intentions, but it'd be nice if it did do good things.

- America Jones

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:31 am

I don't trust you at all. I don't trust ANYONE who picked being a noble.

-lady

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:11 am

you shouldnt
    none of us asked knowing anything except that itd give us power. you shouldnt trust any of us.
    the only nobles who can be trusted are the ones who didnt want 2 be ones

even if 'we' didnt blood the charter we still agreed to it. that doesnt stop being 'us' just because we dont remember doing it

alexis

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces