Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hivestuck

Back to Guilds

Homestuck inspired troll related b/c 

Tags: homestuck, troll, breedables, mspa, alternia 

Reply Alternia RP
[PRP] The Greatest Gift (Sarcel + Lorata)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:36 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It's Lorata, her presence is a gift.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:13 pm
Lorata hadn't meant for Sarcel's gift to be the last delivered, nor had she quite expected for it to happen quite so late in the season, but here she was whether she'd meant for it or not. The problem, she knew, had been in deciding that she would deliver the bag in person so that she could visit with the blueblood as well and catch up a bit. Only then things had seemed to pop up here and there, delaying her just enough that she'd elect to take the train ride the next night. On and on until, well, now.

It was silly, she knew, but maybe there'd been another part of the problem that had more to do with a bit of nervousness that she was never ever going to admit to out loud. There was a lot she wanted to talk to Sarce about, but a good portion of that wasn't the sort of thing that was easy to discuss. Their last heart to heart, she figured, was proof enough of that. But whatever the case, she'd let time slip away to ridiculous degree, so now she was just going to stop dallying and fix that.

The seadweller reached up with her free hand to smooth down any strands of hair that might have gotten out of place on the walk from the station to Sarcel's hivestem and then reached out to press the doorbell.

Melancholies

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:31 pm
    Thankfully, Sarcel hadn't been expecting it. This was good because otherwise she would have been anxious, pacing, probably sweating; a whole slew of things that were entirely unnecessary and would only add extra (unfortunate) layers to an otherwise quaint encounter. She didn't fear Lorata, but it would be lying to say she didn't harbor any unwarranted guilt over the events at the party. She had made a promise—one she intended to do good on, be sure of that—but there was still a whole narrative about rebuilding trust and things that she knew would take effort and time.

Regardless, the knock wasn't necessarily unwanted. Her hive sat at the very top of a hivestem, and her position in the military offered her a decent amount of protection. This meant she didn't have the door-to-door solicitors or any other obnoxious visitors, so anyone who turned up was either a friend or something she couldn't afford to ignore.

"Lorat—ah?" Her eyes were huge as she blinked once, twice, three times before shaking her head of the hoofbeast-in-headlights look. "Sorry, I uh—come in! Come in." She stepped to the side quickly, door held open. "I would have had something ready had I—" She shook her head again, "—Can I get you something to drink?"

Honestly, it had been a little while since she'd been so flustered. She didn't try that hard to make good impressions to that many trolls, but the ones she did... well, it still didn't come second nature yet.

KitsuneAura
+ _ +

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:48 pm
"That's alright," Lorata said brightly, shaking her head to turn down the offer of the drink. She moved into the hive without much hesitation as soon as Sarcel had the door open enough for her, and paused again only once she was sure she'd come in far enough to see as much of it at once as possible. "It didn't seem fair that Austri had seen your hive and I hadn't yet, so I thought I'd come surprise you." She turned back to face Sarcel with a little giggle. "Surprise!"

The gift bag she'd been carrying knocked had knocked against her leg as she turned, and so she took that as a reminder of one of her other reasons for coming. "I also brought you a present. But first I want to hear how you've been!"

Melancholies

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:33 pm
    Oh no. Lorata had bought her a gift? But Sarcel herself had nothing to give back in return. Suddenly her eyes were sweeping her very empty hive, as if maybe a makeshift gift could present itself, but there was hardly anything befitting of a seadweller. What if her lusus showed up and made the situation even more awkward? Sarcel had to admit, she didn't miss the swell of anxiety, but she consoled herself with the thought that predispositions were hard to break. What mattered was what she did with it, not how she really felt.

"Right. Surprise." Sarcel deadpanned, although she tried to follow up with a small fanfare, her hands making a vague arc in front of her. It was honestly quite a show of enthusiasm for someone like her. She was so bad at the honorary host thing, as evident with how she was slowly backtracking into her hive (Lorata turned down the drink how was she supposed to offer the couch or something okay?) Talking to Austri had been vastly easier, but she supposed Austri didn't have rank on her either. At least the backdrop of the city behind them was nice. Scenic. Gave something for Sarcel to focus on.

"But uh, I guess it's been—" She was trying to find the right words, maybe make it seem like her life wasn't extremely boring by most standards, but where was the point in lying? "—Busy, I guess. Work. Things like that." Her arms folded passively, "I was offered an official position in the military a little while ago, so I've been keeping up with that. You know. Paperwork." Lame, lame, lame. But Sarcel was still undeniably proud of her rank, and it showed with a faint smile. "I like to keep myself busy. Busier the better."

Being not busy meant time to be anxious or doubtful.

"Enough about that though. Have you been alright?" She sounded genuinely curious, genuinely ready to get away from talking about herself. It was still so easy to dismiss herself, even with her newfound confidence.

KitsuneAura

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:38 pm
"Ah, that's right! Congratulations!" Lorata clapped her hands together excitedly. There was no denying that being offered a position like that was pretty much living the dream. Or well, one of the dreams at least! She was genuinely glad that Sarcel had achieved it. "I know how that is, though, with the paperwork. Somehow there's always another form waiting for you even though you're sure you're nearly through the stack, right?" She shook her head.

"I got a lot of practice at that in the Space Ladder-" She paused, as if only just then realizing what she'd been saying, and took a quick but deep breath to get herself back on track. She hadn't meant to bring that set of memories up so soon, even if they were part of what she'd wanted to talk to Sarce about to begin with. Better to sweep by it for now.

"So I guess I've been busy too! Spending a lot of time with Scorpa, Flydra, and Austri of course. Hero training!" Her smiled warmed again, though she hadn't noticed that it had been straining. "We have a lot of plans."

Melancholies

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:11 pm
    Sarcel actually flushed at the compliment, "Thank you." Sometimes it still didn't feel real. "I don't really mind the paperwork, but the hands on action is definitely a little more... faster paced." There was a weak laugh there.

"It sounds like you've gotten yourself a very solid crew." Friends, Sarcel reminded herself, although it was difficult to think about things in terms of friendships, things with true unadulterated loyalty, or—"I haven't had the chance to meet Flydra yet, but Scorpa and Austri both seem very capable." They would make pretty spectacular heroes someday.

"You sound like a natural leader." She beamed as if she had received the compliment herself. "One of these nights I'll have to see the group of you in action."

KitsuneAura

Alternia RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff