azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:21 pm
Fingers patting against his pocket briefly, Nasir pulled open the door to the fourth wall and chuckled a little bit at the door jingle. His fingers were still pressed to his pocket on his shirt before let go after he was properly inside.

He actually came in fairly frequently over the years that he had lived in Ashdown, especially because the owner had a section dedicated towards crazy accessories towards the back (and near the counter/register area). That was not his stop today, however, because he was making a beeline for the path that lead to figurines.

This was a man on a mission.

Some kind of mission because he was having to look through the alarmingly large amount of figures for what he was looking for.

Melancholies

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:57 am
    Oliver was ducked behind the front desk when the door opened (cleaning, always cleaning, get better hobbies Ollie) and he didn't pay the customer much mind when they didn't immediately line for the desk. He wasn't much for interaction and preferred it when people took their time to browse without help. Today was a particular one too thanks to the state of his face.

Of course, he had been down there for quite a while, so he finally peeked his head over the top (god forbid they were trying to steal something or other), though they seemed to be perusing the figures with a very intent focus. After a second, he realized he recognized the man.

He would have gone over eventually had he not, but knowing it was Nasir made his job slightly easier. Besides, he had to get better at the whole customer service thing. "Looking for something specific?" He asked with a slight tilt of his head, eyes puffy and bruised and nose covered with bandages. Honestly, he should have just stayed home, but he felt bad missing so much work already...

...plus the full moon was coming up, so he was already anticipating some time off.

azuredreams

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:57 am
"Yeah," Nasir was turning to respond, "I was just wanting to see what you guys had in terms of blank mo- Ollie?! Are you okay? What happened?"

Obviously he had been distracted because he hadn't been expecting Oliver to be at the store but also for him to not have ... bruising! What the heck was that about??

Melancholies

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:02 pm
    "Oh, hi." He blinked slowly at Nasir's reaction, obviously used to it by this point (because he had been considerably noticed by people throughout the day). "Well enough to be working, so I'd say I'm alright." He was trying to shrug it off like it was nothing, because that's what he had been doing the entire time up to this point to anyone that had enough audacity to inquire. Stupid strangers.

"I got in a fight, I guess." He shrugged, "If you could call it that. Was a little one sided." You bet your a** he was still sour over it.

azuredreams

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:36 pm
Nasir went a little ruddy once more, mostly because of the well enough to be working. He was a natural worrier and nodded a little bit. Though he did frown a bit at the mention of it being one sided, his nose wrinkling up.

"So does that mean that someone picked a fight with you? That you weren't even trying to get into?"

Melancholies

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:08 pm
    "I mean no, I really wasn't." Oliver wasn't the type to pick physical fights in the first place; he was more of an argue kind of guy, catty and sarcastic whenever it counted. Even then he preferred not to get physical with his fists, god forbid he ******** his piano hands up. "I barely even got her name."

He was telling this story rather calmly, hands fiddling with the figure boxes on the shelf. "She was a shifter, didn't like it when she touched me 'cause apparently--" he sighed, "I'm a shifter too. You know about em? We got this dumb magic touch." He seemed vaguely uncomfortable. "She didn't dig it."

"Been through worse though. I'll live." He didn't seem like he was lying when he said that, either. For as screwed up his face was, he still stood straight and went about his life.
    azuredreams

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:14 pm
Nasir was still frowning, even as Oliver explained. "... isn't it ... nice? The pack touch? Lily said it was." His brow was knitted together as he worked through things in his mind. "Like a sense of family. I mean ... all the moonwalkers are nice. Eve's wonderful and so is her wife."

That there was someone who didn't like the pack touch and would punch someone for something they had no control over? It was almost entirely reprehensible.

Never mind that something about Oliver's posture, the way his face screwed up and what he said- It was like something was at the edge of his mind but he couldn't remember what. "... well, I guess I'm okay but, uh, <******** that nonsense."

Melancholies
achievement unlocked! nasir swearing because wtf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:25 pm
    "Honestly? I kind of like the feeling too." Nasir swearing was weird, but he also didn't have a good enough grasp on his disposition to be surprised by it. "It's warm. Comforting. But she panicked I guess."

He waved his hand dismissively. "Not like I can do anything about it now except wait for it to heal. My brother cracked it back into place, but my roommate keeps insisting I should go to urgent care." He rolled his eyes, "Like I have the money for that." His nose did look... relatively... straight. Mostly. Shiloh was good at symmetry, but he was an artist, not a plastic surgeon.

azuredreams

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:50 pm
"Guess some people just ... don't want to have that kind of feeling pushed on them?" Or something. Nasir was someone who thrived under that kind of feeling so it truly was an alien thought. He gave Oliver a look over and then sighed softly.

"It doesn't look terrible? Just that you're really bruised up." His glasses were nudged upwards. "I had a cousin who broke his nose and afterwards, even after it healed, it was really sensitive. He would come unglued if you came anywhere near his nose afterward too ..."

Melancholies

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:41 pm
    "I don't hold that part against her." He made that abundantly clear, "Just because I like something doesn't mean anyone else has to. But it's not like she knew or that I knew so whenever you just... blow up on someone like that..."

He sighed. "Like I said, been through worse. It hurts like a b***h right now, but it'll be fine eventually." He shrugged, "Mostly I just hate all the weird looks. Like yeah, I know, my face got hammered, I'm totally aware." Realistically though, he had never had a broken nose, so really he didn't know. Either way, he was confident that things would work themselves out.

"But anyway." He waved his hand dismissively, "Enough about that. What were you looking for?"

azuredreams

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:57 pm
Nasir didn't think Oliver did hold that part against her. "That's the same thing I think, you know? You can't control the pack touch- it just is." His head shook as his attention flicked back towards the figurines and the various displays.

"Only thing I know about broken noses is that sometimes you end up with more sinus problems afterward? Or that's what I've heard from people." His own nose wrinkled up a bit, not entirely sure he'd be able to handle weird looks from people. The question, however, about what he was doing pulled him away from his thoughts.

"Oh! I'm seeing what kind of figurine blanks you have. Cid usually has some kind or the other - or he did - and wanted to get a few different ones for Wil."

Melancholies

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:06 pm
    "We probably have them." He looked over the shelf, "Probably. I actually didn't know I worked here until about a week and a half ago, so the inventory is still a rather large mystery." He tapped his chin as he joined Nasir in looking. If push came to shove, he could always check the tablet to see what they had in the database, but he was sure they could find them on their own; especially if Nasir had been here before and knew what he was looking for. He reached out to peek around some of the preexisting figures.

"I know what you mean, though." He shrugged. "Either way, it's happened and done with, so there's not much I can do about it now other than hope I don't run into her again." He remembered Preacher and how her voice shook and how she punched the ground over and over, "...part of me wouldn't mind seeing her again actually, in a way. But the kind of help she needs isn't exactly the sort of help I could give." He turned to Nasir, "Besides the fact that I don't have the energy to deal with more than one person like that. I hardly have enough energy for the friends I have now." Even as he said it, the word "friends" was spoken rather loosely.

"But I think it'd be better in the end if we just... didn't. I do wonder about the other moonwalkers though—if they know about her, what they think, what she might have done to them." He shrugged and went back to perusing the shelf.

azuredreams

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:14 pm
"Yeah?" Nasir's voice dropped when Oliver said he hadn't known he worked at the shop until the previous. "I hadn't seen you here before, so I guess that makes sense? It's one of those ... changes."

He was crouching down a moment later, looking through the selection and trying to find where the blanks were. Nasir frowned when he found some funko pop vinyl blanks and set one aside but that wasn't what he wanted.

"There's blank pop vinyls right here but I'm wanting actual figurines ..." Brown eyes glanced up at Oliver and shrugged. "Probably not liked the fact she punched you, for one, that seems to go against ... everything, really. Though you may want to talk to Eve about her? Since if there's anyone that can, you know, reach out ... it's her."

With a sleepy yawn (which came with a cute squeak), a small head peeked out of Nasir's pocket and looked around.

Melancholies

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:08 pm
    He shrugged. "I have no desire to "make up" or talk it out or anything, but I might talk to Eve about it." He debated it internally, "Just in case she goes around punching anyone else." Jamie came directly to mind. Also—Oliver wouldn't admit it—but he was a little on the lazy side when it came to pursuing people. Unless it was really worth his wild, he just didn't have the energy for it, especially not when he had school and magic and a job.

"I think we might have some over—huh?" He heard the squeak and his head snapped immediately over to Nasir's person, eyes narrowing as the snout poked out of his pocket followed by the head. The tiny squirrel thing. Trouble. "Is it... normal for wargs to cart their familiars around?" He felt like he should kick him out for bringing an animal in here, but at the same time he realized Cid would probably give absolutely no ******** about it. Still; "He's not going to fly off?"

azuredreams

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:27 pm
"I would, just in case, for the same reason." Mostly because the idea of someone punching people because of pack touch was just- It was a little wild.

Nasir immediately turned a ruddy red, his hand coming up and resting against his pocket. Trouble sniffed at his fingers and then ducked back down into his pocket. "Ah, sometimes? He's been coming with because of the weather?" The winter storms that had kept cropping up were not good ones. "... but he isn't going to fly off. It's mostly his sleeping time anyway, he's still mostly active at night because he's nocturnal."

Melancholies

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces