[PRP] excuse me (Oliver & Jeremiah) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:08 pm
    This was not his brightest moment, nor his shining moment, nor any moment that he really wanted to etch down and pass to the next generation or any such thing. No; this might be something worth of a twitter tweet or a tumblr shitpost, but Oliver wasn't really ready to subject himself to that sort of humiliation. Maybe later—far later—when he could look back on this, have a good laugh, not want to smack himself upside the head.

He supposed everyone had a guilty pleasure. For some people that was a scandalous one, for others it was surprisingly mundane and involved copious amounts of sweets or something. For Oliver Beaumont, it was apparently rifling through McDonald's trash cans at some stupid hour in the middle of the night.

This needed to stop.

But god damn it just smelled so good in here. There was this numbing sensation in the back of his head that was telling him to press on—do the forage thing—and he couldn't stop.

The garbage crate was large and his feet were kicking wildly off of the side as he finally found his prize. Ripping open one of the hastily tied bags he retrieved the holy grail. It must had been a messed up order, or something someone hadn't claimed, but it didn't matter. He popped open the cardboard box to reveal an untouched set of luke-warm chicken nuggets.

Something in the back of his head told him to stop, that was garbage, you'll get parasites, but it was hard to focus on when he was busy scarfing them down like an absolutely deranged animal.

azuredreams
911 whats your emergency

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:25 pm
Sometimes you needed shitty fast food fries. It was a known fact. It was also something that Jeremiah had done on his way home earlier because he had been texted by Algie and there, after the long day they both had, was a need.

Jeremiah would blame the fries (should have gone to Burger King) for the fact that somehow he was the only one that could go check the local McDonald's for what might have been some kind of vagrant. It was late at night, the place only recently closed, and he was rubbing a hand across his face as he walked around the building towards the dumpster.

Dealing with the manager had not been pleasant. Oh, they sent down the Chief of Police? Are you that short on men? No, he had wanted to sneer, but there is a particularly virulent cold bug going around right now. Then cough a couple of times. Except he did not but he had wanted to.

At least he was able to see in the dark clearly, his eyes taking in light and reflecting it back, and moving quietly towards the dumpster. It was not like he was worried but he did hear the sound of rummaging and as he stepped into the closed off area he blinked his eyes rapidly at what he saw.

"Shiloh?" What the bloody hell was going on?

Melancholies

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:16 am
    My god it was the best thing he'd ever eaten and he had no idea why. He realized what he was doing was absolutely disgusting, but it just... wasn't registering right. Nugget after nugget of soul sucking goodness was crammed into his stomach. It wasn't until an unfamiliar voice called out to him that he realized he was still halfway in the trashcan, legs spilled off the edge.

He flailed a few times, feet kicking for momentum until he tumbled out backwards, eyes absolutely massive. Unfortunately the nuggets clattered out of his hands and onto the floor, and although the trashcan seemed like a suitable place to eat from, the floor apparently was not.

"M-My nuggets." His hands wavered over the casualties on the floor. After a moment he decided it didn't matter and he picked one up anyway, but he remembered Jeremiah mid bite, mouth gaped open, nose twitching.

Without thinking, he scooped up as many nuggets as he took and took off down the alley. Unfortunately, Oliver was not very athletic.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:57 pm
No, not Shiloh. His twin? Oliver? Not that Jeremiah had met him and not that he was expecting this or that entirely pathetic look as the nuggets scattered and-

He blinked and watched as the young man scrambled for the ones that fell and thought that this was remarkably like seeing a raccoon be caught and running off. Except that this was Shiloh's twin and clearly something was up.

Where Oliver wasn't athletic, Jeremiah was (and there was magic on his side but he wasn't using that at the moment) and he caught up quickly enough.

"Oliver!" he called out, a hand reaching towards the young man to catch him by his jacket.

Melancholies

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:28 pm
    Hearing his name should have made him stop, but he didn't. Consequently he ended up stopping anyway, because the man who had caught him grabbed his jacket. Unfortunately it was zipped up, or else he would have slipped out of it to keep going (maybe try and throw it back in his face, Oliver was just as much of a hooligan as Shiloh had been after all).

Instead he was yanked with a soft woosh. The nuggets that weren't completely smashed by the vicegrip of his hand went tumbling to the floor again, and he wheeled on Jeremiah with a startled look in his eyes. Like a cornered animal, one might say.

"H-How do you know me?" He asked, voice obviously breathless from the sprint and the anxiety and the adrenaline. "I-I wasn't stealing! Or ******** anything up! I-I'll bite you." He squirmed in an effort to get away again, not realizing he was effectively threatening the chief of ******** police, also not realizing that saying you'd bite someone was sort of a very strange, if not piss poor threat.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:42 pm
Jeremiah knew enough, at least, to recognize the behavior and have some kind of clue what he was dealing with.

"I know your brother, Oliver," he replied, letting go and stepping around him. He was picking up the nugget that fell before it was held out for him to take. There was a noticeably shift in his posture. Less authoritative, and not combative; it was relaxed.

"Nor are you the first person to threaten to bite me." Not that Oliver could. "... but you were, apparently, spooking the people that were closing up."

Melancholies

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:46 pm
    Oliver damn near reached for the nugget once Jeremiah offered it out to him, his expression pure unadulterated bliss before realizing no, no, bad followed by an audible smack as he slapped it out of Jeremiah's hand.

He stared at it on the floor, feeling conflicted and now a little sad.

"You know Shiloh?" Wait, obviously because that's who he had called out to first. He still backed up until he was nudged against the wall, huffing threatening (see: not threatening at all). "I wasn't trying to..."

He sort of looked like he wanted to bolt again, but for the moment he was still.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:02 pm
There was an eyebrow raise at the hand slap, Jeremiah certain that Oliver wanted it. Especially with that look on his face. Though the other part was that he likely did not necessarily realize the irony of this entire situation.

"I do." He did not move to follow, though Oliver backed to the wall was still relatively close. Jeremiah was not going to close him in. "No, I don't think you were, but ..." Jeremiah shook his head. "I'll just wave off the report and the call in and it won't be an issue."

Melancholies

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:10 pm
    Oliver was still staring at the nugget on the ground. On his tongue he could still taste the rich savory barely-warm flavor of it. "You can... do that?" And then the realization sunk in, "You're with the police?!" At least it didn't seem like he was going to jail or anything over the top like that, but it still made his heart race. All-seeing's eye in his pocket made it easy to see the sincerity on Jeremiah's face, even in the dark.

"Who even are you...?" he was making eye contact with him now as he hesitantly moved to pick up the nugget, his gaze on Jeremiah unwavering, "Since you seem to uh, know me already..."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:15 pm
Jeremiah's own talents made it easy for him to see Oliver's face, his expressions and the way he was still watching that nugget. His eyes, in the night, were reflective and more animal like than ever. "I can," he said conversationally, "and I am with the police but also because I think you're dealing with some changes ... that make you do some things."

There was a twitch of his lips then, mostly because of the know me already. He met Oliver's gaze easily, wry smirk in place. "Jeremiah Mercer, Chief of Police. I'd offer to shake but you've still got a grip on those nuggets."

Melancholies

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:51 pm
    His hands were, in fact, completely smeared with nugget guts. He suddenly thought better to pick up the forlorn one on the floor, and then wiped his nasty a** hands on the front of his pants. "You shouldn't be makin' assumptions like that, officer." He puffed his cheeks out, even though he was totally correct.

Besides, he had heard of this man through Shiloh.

"I ain't hurtin' nothing. Look okay, I'm losing my mind, it's not like I want to eat trash." God, his hands still smelled like heaven though.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:05 pm
While Jeremiah would have normally offered out his handkerchief to be used, this was not one of the cases. Mostly because he was well aware of 1) how long it took to get the smell of McDonald's nuggets from cloth and 2) the grease never really seemed to come out of the cloth despite proper cleaning measures (he swore it was some kind of foul magic but had no proof).

His hands slid into his pockets instead, another raise of eyebrow given. "Well, the only thing I can say then is we're both asses at this point." Assumptions and all but Oliver's reaction meant he was correct. "No, I don't think you want to but at least it looks like those were probably just tossed out mistakes and sometimes you need shitty, greasy McDonalds nuggets and fries."

Melancholies

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:09 pm
    "Honestly, I don't like McDonald's that much." Oh yes, Oliver was definitely more of the Panera Bread-Starbucks trash, though his wallet couldn't really afford the lifestyle (he did indulge occasionally, though). "I mean, I'll eat anything, but—" he stopped and flushed at his own words; he mean it more like 'y'know, growing up poor and all' but then he realized he was literally eating garbage. Way to go, idiot-who-eats-anything.

He huffed.

"It was more like I felt... like I had to go dig through stuff..." he was starting to realize how utterly stupid and awkward all of this was sounding. "It smelled good."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:51 pm
Jeremiah huffed himself, a breath of near laughter. "You'll eat anything because you're that age. I've had a growing teenager in my house, even if not a growing moonwalker." As he was certain that was what Oliver was.

"... so all of this makes sense in light of that. All of it." Which was one way of saying don't feel stupid without saying it.

Melancholies

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:57 pm
    "Right, yeah..." He huffed, but at least he was being agreeable, if not slightly irritable. "Moonwalker." He looked up at the sky and the ever-growing moon.

"It's gonna happen on the 10th." He said slowly, and then he sighed, hugging himself. "I dunno if I'm ready for it. I just sort've let myself stop thinking." He clenched his toes up in his shoe, relaxed them, felt them pop, "Not tryin' to cause trouble..." he was repeating himself. "I'll stop, though. Sorry Sir."

azuredreams

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces