Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:52 am
User Image

It had been days since Yukio had noticed that her father had been walking with a limp in his step. He wouldn't outright express to his young adopted daughter but he had gambled a risky price to earn them enough food to last a good week hunting a big game animal far out of his league and ended up losing more than he bargained for.

Yukio just didn't understand why her daddy wasn't recovering! She had seen him get hurt before, of course. Dings and scratches were a part of life when you were trying to provided for a very hungry lion cub by yourself. But a tender kiss on his boo-boo and a day of rest almost always had him back up and on his feet! It...worried her. Even if they were a strange family unit to most she wouldn't want to change it for the world.

She just couldn't - no wouldn't imagine life without her daddy! Not anymore at least.

Once the injury came afoot they had switched courses abruptly. No longer were they following their familiar route to the warm sands her aunt Ume called home to have a mini vacation before they returned to their normal hunting grounds. When she questioned him as to why the sudden change and to where they were going Zuberi provided a vague, though for her sake optimistic answer to his child. He had explained calmly that they were going to be heading to a brand new area, one that was going to be able to put him back to right as rain why keeping her safe from harm's way why he recovered.

She hoped that he was right. Her father didn't believe in outright lying to her as it over sheltered the child too much to the dangers of the world. Dance around a subject? Yes. Outright lie? No. So she had no reason not to believe him at this point in time.

Yukio held tightly onto that hope as they made the long trek to where the Nil'Nocere was said to be taking up camp currently. The moment they stepped inside the temporary territory of the pride Yukio was utterly awe struck. There were so many funny looking people here! She wanted to go up to ask them all questions. She had to know before they left back into the open plains of the rogue lands what other wonders were hiding in this strange, unworldly place!

There were tall, slender cheetahs all over just like her papa! Some of theme were even looked to her age! There were those strange not-lions that Yukio had briefly seen hunting in large packs. She had to wonder if these ones were friendly enough for her to fulfill her wish of burying her face into their fluffy tails to see if they were as soft as they looked.

Yukio came to a halting stop as her gaze followed the low hanging tail back up into the tree canopy. Then...she noticed another one. And another one! Gasping at shock she rushed back up with her father to go demand an explanation. Why in the world were there lions with weirdly shaped tails who seemed to have gotten themselves stuck in trees. And more importantly O.M.G, Why wasn't anyone helping them!?

Before she could shoot of a barrage of questions for her normally very patient father to answer he stopped, lifting a paw to signal her to stop as well. Another cheetah greeted Zuberi and began to discuss with him matters that were far too boring and complex for her to listen to. Why she was worried for her father and wanted him to get better Yukio had quickly learned that trying to keep up with an pair of adults deep in conversation was a far too difficult task for her to waste time on. She ended up lost all the previous times when they started using large words that she had yet to learn the meaning of. Instead she watched the two adults talk. Tapping her tiny paw on the ground why she waited for her dad's attention so she can finally get her answer. She fully expected him to utilize the time it was going to take for these special healers to fix up her daddy for her to get some one-on-one time with him.

She most certainly was not expecting to be told to go play why he took care of things! Huffing she promptly sat her bum down in a mini act of rebellion.

Of course her tantrum was over ruled easily. Her cheeks puffed out in annoyance as she was unceremoniously pushed off of the ground and ordered to go have some fun playing by her father why he took care of business.

As much as she disliked it Yukio knew better than to argue with her father when he used that sort of tone on her. It would only end badly for her in the end.

With a flick of her tail she stomped off reluctantly. Heading towards the direction the other cheetah and previously pointed to as a good place for her to play at.

WELL! If he wasn't going to provide her answers then she was simply going to have to find someone who would. Waiting until he was done with...with...his healing adult stuff simply wouldn't do!

There were lion's lives in danger after all! They might look strange but that doesn't mean they didn't deserve help!!
Word count: 910

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:29 pm
User Image

Nalorakk on this fateful day was simply doing what Nalorakk did in his spare time. He had left early in the morning the messy play pile that his siblings were fond of making to branch out and explore the territory on his own. He enjoyed rough housing and practice hunting as much as the next cub but he was also dying to know what new drama and adventure was happening out beyond his family's den!

It was common for the pride to have visitors and patients come in and out as they pleased given that they opened their arms to all. Nalorrak enjoyed taking full advantage of this policy. His family had learned that if he suddenly disappeared then he was most likely out poking his nose where it didn't belong!

He knew it was rude and that he was making life more difficult for some. He tried his best to stay out of the way, really he did! Still more often than not when he got too close to the adults why they were working he was shoo'd off to avoid him getting in their way or mistakenly being trampled on in the middle of a emergency.

His solution that he had recently discovered? Well he had found a lovely loop hole that allowed him to be right up in the action but still out from under the adult's feet. The mature trees that doted the area made for the perfect stake out point for him. Plus with him being a leopard climbing up the rather large trunks was not that difficult of a challenge once he got use to it.

That is where the young leopard found himself. He would look back on this later down the road and wonder if him happening to be people-watching in this particular spot was a blessing or a curse.

You see his swishing tail that peeked from the cover of the thick canopy had caught the eye of a overly concerned visitor down below. One who was going to change his life forever for better or worse.

Word count: 348

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:25 am
Unknown to the little leopard spying from above there was one working below to save him from his self inflicted peril. For a while she simply circled the tree, trying to figure out how to exactly manage this rescue mission.

Well.....if these lions managed to climb the full height of the tree. Why couldn't she do just a little bit!?

Her first attempts of climbing ended in spectacular failures. She was trying a running and jumping technique first. Which only resulted in her face planting against the tree and slowly falling down to the ground. Huffing Yukio raised a paw, rubbing her sore nose as she studied the tree, the cogs in her mind churning to figure out a game plan.

Well she use to climb up large logs with just her claws and using her upper body strength. Perhaps that would be a better choice?

Sitting up on her back legs she dug her tiny claws in the bark before raising one, tugging it higher and using it to lift herself up. Ah-ha! IT WAS WORKING! It was slow and painful to progress up but she was doing it! Finally she made it up the three enough to be face-to-face with the flickering tail in front of her. She took his unnerving tail as a sign of distress. Poor thing. She will cave it soon! Though a part of her did wonder why the hecky heck did no other adults feel that they needed to assist this poor man!?

Ugh. Adults. They can be so weird sometimes.

Grabbing onto his tail with her teeth she gave an experimental tug, finally catching the attention of the oddly colored leopard. Flashing a cheerful grin she briefly lifted a paw, waving excitedly before slapping it back down to cling to the tree. "Hihi! Name's Yukio. I'm here to rescue you back down to the trees!"
Word count: 131

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:04 pm

Nalorakk didn't even notice the crackling sound of the large lion cub climbing her way up to where she was. There was two older members mending a broken bone that had his attention far too occupied to worry about anything but absorbing the second hand knowledge like a sponge.

So that's how it's done. Huh. He didn't know bones could roll that way!

The tug on his tail however jolted Nalorakk from his deep thoughts. Peering down the young leopard could only raise an eyebrow at the bizarre sight before him. A lion. A LARGE lion cub at that was climbing a tree. He wasn't sure if he first wanted to know how the heck she was bending the laws of gravity to accomplish such a feat or help her up since she was clearly losing grip with every second.

Wait. What? She wanted to....rescue...a leopard....from a tree. He had to stop himself from busting out laughing at the ridiculous idea, still he couldn't help but let out a loud snort. Oh my gods this girl wasn't serious was she? Was she...? Oh no, that look of convection wouldn't have been worn if this was some weird practical joke. She...she was completely serious. Oh sweet honey child. Nalorakk couldn't honestly tell if this chickadee was simply that naive to the world that she had never seen a Leopard before, or if she was a bit touched in the head, or both.

For now he was going with both.

"Rescue...? Why? I'm a Leopard, silly. We prefer being in the trees." Pausing for a moment he stretched his body down, lightly booping her on the nose. Even with the slight pressure it caused her already struggling body to falter just a little bit. "You, however, miss lion might be in a bit of trouble. Need a paw?"

Word count: 303

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:17 am
Okay, wait what? He wasn't a lion?! But he looked so much like one! Well aside from a few differences. He looked like a short, chubby lion with one weird tail. She knew about different species, of course, but all of them looked more different than these...Leopards! Cheetahs were small, thin, like you could blow them over with one hit. Wild dogs and Hyenas were almost alien looking compared to them. There were even lions who seemed to have gotten mixed up with a bird and gained it's wings.

Ohh boy she had questions. Several questions. But first things first...

"Help would be great!" Grabbing a hold of his paw she pushed with her back legs upwards, finally giving her the extra push to get up on the low hanging branch. With a mighty huff Yukio dropped like a rock onto her belly, her legs wrapping around and clinging to the tree for all dear life.

Oh gods above. When did the ground start spinning..? When did it seem so far way? When she was on the trunk of the tree it wasn't that big of a deal but now being able to look down...!

"Ah....ha. Y-you know this looked a lot less high up down there." Peering over to the very relaxed and now equally amused leopard she flashed a nervous smile. Panic attack aside she had questions to get to the bottom so. A little upset stomach never stopped anyone, right? "S-so! Um...how d-do you guys do t-this? And be s-so relaxed?"

Word count: 257

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:01 am
Nalorakk let out a snort as he casually jumped to another branch. His theory of this lioness being touched in the head was only being more confirmed by the minute. He honestly felt sorry for the girl. "Yes, I would imagine being in a tree would - imagine that - look high up. Please if you're going to lose your lunch point it downwards and give some warning for the people below."

Gods have mercy on any poor souls if they just happen to be walking by at the wrong time! He really didn't want to have to deal with explaining why a little cub was in a tree in the first place.

Hopping back over to the branch she was holding onto for dear life he trotted up to her, not taking any care in how hard his steps were making the branch sway or how freaked out in turn it was making her. If she wanted up her than she would have to get use to the branches bending and moving. His minor movements would be nothing compared to if a wind storm blew through.

Sitting down in front of her he cocked an eyebrow. "Well, we were born to live in the trees for one. We're adapted differently. Lions like you are bigger and have more power thus are meant to be the big threats on the plains. We are the hidden hunters in the trees, able to sneak attack a lot better than your kind." Or at least that's what his parents had told him when he had gotten a lesson in the different species. Why hadn't this one gotten the same kind of lesson he didn't know. It seemed stupidity might run in the family. Frowning he casted a bored look down to her. "Do you want a push down? Because you look like you're not holding up so well there, girl."
Word count: 318

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:31 am
Yukio let out a shriek as he jumped onto her branch, her little claws curling to attach herself even further to the tree. Oh gods why did she think this was a good idea?! She was going to die wasn't she? Death by tree. Ohhhhhh that would certainly live on in a folk lore story with it topping one of the stupidest deaths of all time. Her story would be one for the ages at least. Even if it would have been a poor legacy to leave behind!

His attitude though. Ugh! My goodness! How rude. She might be ditsy but at least she didn't act like a grumpy puss! What the little leopard didn't realize is that his words sparked a fire within her to prove him wrong, to show him that lions could just as easily handle a life in the trees as leopards did. Puffing out her cheeks in a manner that made her look like a angry chipmunk Yukio began to rise back into a sitting position. There! HA! Her claws might still be digging into the bark for dear life but at least she looked the part of a calm and collected tree dweller! "Sooo you guys are basically built to be all sneaky and built for stealth?" She made a quick mental note of that. It would certainly make for a great thief character in one of her stories! But for now she needed to gather more intel from him. "Do you sleep in the trees also? How do you not fall down?"

Oh, oh he just hit a nerve big time. Her angry pout only deepened at him implying she wasn't doing well. Well, excuse her little mister perfect! She thought she was doing great so far. She didn't know any other cubs that could say they climbed a tree...yet. "I think I'm doing extremely well, thank you very much. This is my first time in a tree! I'm sure you were wobbly and maybe you even fell out of the tree your first time too!"

Taking in deep breath to calm herself Yukio decided to change the subject. He might be rude little grump but he was useful to her. Her aunt had told her once for her to let petty insults roll off her like the water off of a sea gull's back. If she kept calm, and watched her manners she might even turn this conversation around into her favor!

"Look, there's no point being all grumpy and mad at each other. Let's start over again, okay? Thank you for helping me up here. I'm Yukio...who are you?"
Word counter: 424

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:07 am
Huh. Well look at that she managed to get herself upright. He had to give the girl snaps for doing that at least. He expected her to have fallen right back out of the tree by now and be a lion pancake. Hey, perhaps lions could learn tree living. He's seen weirder things than that!

"I suppose. Though couldn't anyone be sneaky if they wanted to? It doesn't have to be limited to just us." His head tilted to one side as he blinked at her sudden inquiry into his kind. "Yes we do, it's safer for us. How we don't fall down? Um...we..just don't. I mean I guess we just naturally balance ourselves? I don't really know it's not something you really think about once you get the hang of it. That's like asking me how do you breathe or smell. You don't think about it, you just do."

Well, she had a point there about his climbing ability. His first time in a tree, even with his parent's gentle guidance, he was a complete failure. She was doing better than him in fact. He...well he needed to give her more credit where it was due, he could see that now. As well as apologizing for being a complete a** to her for no reason. If his parents were here they would have certainly smacked him over the head by now for be as rude as he was.

Sheepishly he brought a paw up, scratching the back of his neck. "Shoot. Yeah, you're right we're getting off on the wrong foot. I'm...I'm sorry for being such a jerk. You're welcome by the way. I'm Nalorakk, honestly I don't expect you to remember that. Call me whatever you'd like, everyone else does."
Word counter: 258

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:21 am
"Hm, I suppose that's true. Though some are just better built for it! I don't think I'd be very good at being a sneaky spy or warrior." Her expression turned thoughtful as she took in his words. It just came natural to him? How interesting! It was almost like a magical super power. Perhaps leopards were gifted a long time ago by some magical being?! Ohhh she'd have to ask her daddy if he knew more about that later on tonight!

Yukio's expression softened at his apology into a warm smile. Letting go of the branch she hesitantly (and rather slowly) made her way over to him. Once close enough she lifted a single paw and slung it around his shoulders, pulling him into a tight bear hug. "It's okay I forgive you. We can still be friends, Nally! No! In fact we're best friends now!"

Suddenly her ears perked at the sound of her name being echoed throughout the forest by a familiar voice. Oh, her daddy must have been done! As much as she wanted to stay she knew better than to ignore her daddy's summons. "I gotta go, Nally. But I'm going to be staying here a while so, best friend, I'll see you again tomorrow maybe?"

She scooted away from him, glancing back down to the ground. Oh boy...getting down seemed like it was going to be a lot more difficult than getting back up. Turning her head back to him she flashed a nervous smile. "C-can I take you up on that offer for a push?"
Word counter 247

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:44 am
"I dunno you are pretty small for a lion. Perhaps you could be useful for crawling through small places! Don't say you can't do anything until you tried it. I'm a firm believer you can accomplish anything if you put your mind to it! Like I'm going to be the greatest medic around when I grow up!"

His eyebrows went into his hairline as he watched her wiggle her way over to him. Just what in the world was she planning? Was she nu- OOF! Letting out a groan as he was squeezed into the tightest hug he had ever been in. Oh my god this girl might be small but she had the strength of a beast! "B-best friends?" He managed to wheeze out the confused question. Seriously? Best friends...? They had just met! When she let go a paw immediately shot up to his chest as he tried to gather his breath back. Gods above forget being sneaky she really should go into construction or perhaps being a guard with that much power behind her.

He sent a silent prayer of thanks to whoever was listening that the strange cub was distracted by the echoing voice. Must have been her parents to elected that sort of response. "Y-yeah sure...tomorrow sounds great! Looking sooooo forward to it." Luckily she seemed to buy into his poor excuse for a lie. He knew there wasn't going to be another meeting with this girl every again if he had anything to say in the matter! He was planning on just laying low and hiding out in his parent's den for most of the day. Hopefully her family would be moving on back to wherever they came from and he would be able to study in peace again.

Lifting himself back up Nalorakk stepped over to her. "Brace yourself. Three...Two..one!" Annnnd push! He watched as she face planted hard into the ground. Wincing he let out a tiny hiss under his breath at the sight. Ow! She was definitely going to be feeling that tumble in the morning. But, at the same time he couldn't help but wonder if something was more serious by the way she wasn't moving. "Yo, you okay down there!?" When he got back a tiny yeah in response Nalorakk relaxed. Good. No broken bones or major injuries. Laying himself back down he quietly watched the white cub stumble and limp back to the main township.

It seems fate would have other plans than what Nalorakk hoped for. This was only the beginning of a long and bumpy friendship.
Word counter: 422

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:50 am
Annnnd fin finally! Jesus this roleplay was so hard to do for some reason. Nalorakk's muse died on me half way through. User Image

Total word count: 3,618
Yukio's word count: 1,969
Nalorakk's word count: 1,649

[IC] Nil'nocere Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas