Welcome to Gaia! ::

Oɴᴇ Pɪᴇᴄᴇ﹕Rᴀᴅɪᴀɴᴛ Dᴀᴡɴ

Back to Guilds

Hαve yoυ coмe тo prove yoυ вeloɴɢ oɴ тнeѕe ѕeαѕ... 

Tags: One Piece, Literate, Role Play, Battle, Adventure 

Reply Dᴇʙᴀᴛᴇ Fᴏʀᴜᴍ

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Deecee Sama

Captain

Adorable Genius

3,400 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:59 pm
User Image
Chore Girl
User Image
Luka Scarlet
Human: Swordsman
+10 Endurance | +10 Accuracy (Human)
+15 Strength | +15 Speed (Swordsman)

Devil Fruit
Shadow Shadow | Kage Kage no Mi

Items
Knapsack - 27,000 Beli
(8/15 Items)

Lone Man Boat
---
Compass
Alert Den Den Mushi
Regulation Marine Badge
Cheap Broadsword
Aizu Kunisada | 会津国貞 (Wazamono) | Superior Grade | +50 Strength and +50 Speed
Hunting Kit
Fishing Kit
Bug Catching Kit
Salvaging Kit

Stats
(Str)Strength: 40
(Spd)Speed: 20
(End)Endurance: 25
(Acc)Accuracy: 20
(Int)Intelligence: 20

Experience: 200,000 Exp
Stat Points: 0/125
Tech Points: 5/20

Techniques
Parry [3]
Riposte [3]
Feint [3]

Kage Giri [1]
Doppleman [1]
Shadow Strike [1]
Shadow Armor: Arms [3]

Missions Accomplished

✯-Rank: 0
✯✯-Rank: 0
✯✯✯-Rank: 0
✯✯✯✯-Rank: 0
✯✯✯✯✯-Rank: 0

VS

User Image
DEAD OR ALIVE
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image48,300,000—
Johnny ฿. Blaze
AD Birkan: Swordsman
+05 Strength | +05 Spirit (Birkan)
+20 Strength (Anti Devil)
+10 Strength | +10 Endurance (Swordsman)

Devil Fruit
None

Items
Knapsack - 72,000 Beli
(6/15 Items)

Lone Man Boat
---
Compass
Bug Catching Kit
Hunting Kit
Salvaging Kit
Fishing Kit
Cheap Katana
Echizen Kaneue (越前兼植) | +80 Endurance +20 Strength

Stats
(Str)Strength: 45
(Spd)Speed: 30
(End)Endurance: 20
(Acc)Accuracy: 05
(Int)Intelligence: 05

Experience: 160,000 Exp
Stat Points: 0/105
Tech Points: 20/26

Techniques
Tsuyoi (Lit. Strong)
Jakkupotto! (Lit. Jackpot!)

Battōjutsu (Lit. The craft of Drawing ones Sword)
Kyori (Lit. Distance)
Battōjutsu ● Sōryūsen (Lit. Twin Dragon Flash)
Kumo no Naka no Otoko (Lit. Man among Clouds)

Notable Offenses
Raided Torino Kingdom - 10,000,000 Bounty + 125,000 Beli
Destruction Potential [Abyss] - 35,000,000 Bounty

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:39 pm
Dcme
The speed difference is not so much that you can completely null what I did. You are 15 points faster than Johnny. That's barely anything.

Stat differences are comparative, not subjective. It's not that she's a set number faster, but she's a set amount faster than the speed of her opponent.

Luka has a total Speed of 85. Johnny has 35 counting your passive. Luka is more than twice as fast as Johnny is. If we factor in Johnny's Dexterity (which is 15 for him being at least 100,000 exp) then Johnny has an uppermost reaction speed of 50. With Luka's current Speed, she is 70% faster than Johnny can properly even react to at all.

Realistically, Luka is faster than Johnny should be able to respond to at all, especially at a mere 15 foot gap as they rushed each other. 15 ft isn't even much distance either and Johnny shouldn't have been able to react to Luka being that much faster and aiming for his wrist the way he did which was also not even properly or clearly explained how he moved or in which way he did.

He 'motioned a few feet back' after the sword strike he makes as well that shouldn't be logically done with their close proximity thanks to the sword being 6 feet long. With Luka that close to strike his wrist with her sword pommel by half unsheathing it, she'd be in position in front of Johnny's right arm/sword arm and thus in the way of him even drawing his sword at all, let along fully to finish slashing her.

Dcme
And, to metagame to say their power was even in terms of strength shouldn't be something you're doing either. Unless you have a way to renig on the actions you just committed, Luka takes 55 points of damage along with a serious wound to her midsection.

In my post I did not metagame anything. The mention of their Strength being essentially equal was narrative while explaining why her chosen action should work, even if he was slightly stronger than she was due to the intended direction and focus of strength used in the two limbs being compared. Luka herself merely knows Johnny has to be strong due to his size and possibly even stronger than herself.

As it stands, I do not believe that Johnny should have been able to avoid the strike to his wrist or counter attack in such a small space before he moved away from Luka. Not to mention her stab with Aizu was relatively ignored unless the attack at her midsection was expected to stop her attack by way of damaging her I assume.  

Ryunosuke Ryusei
Crew

Deecee Sama

Captain

Adorable Genius

3,400 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:19 pm
First. your reliance so heavily on stats does not account for actual in RP situations. Because you cut off my actions mid post, I adjust accordingly to what you did after. Let's make that established right now.

Luka is not moving at some blinding, instant traveling speed. No, in fact, she's traveling at a relatively quick pace, faster than Johnny, which I noted, but over a 15 foot gap while doing several motions before even beginning to run. There is travel time you fail to account for.

Quote:

She bent her knees as he reached for his blade and he started to move

So this is her first action, but then.

Quote:
she had already done so much more. She had reached her left arm around, gripping the handle of the sword at her right hip firmly as she had begun to dash at him at a much quicker speed than his own. She'd meet him slightly more than the halfway point from her side, closer to his start point due to the gap in speed. Her left arm rose up suddenly, striking the pommel of her blade at Johnny's exposed wrist

So, you first you bent your knees when he apparently first reached for his blade, correct?

Quote:
Drawing Echizen, he went in for an easy opening blow, straight for her midsection with a flurry of an outlined sword stretch.

Echizen is 6 feet long, as said. You would've bent your knees when it got within that striking distance, but then you reached your left arm around, gripped your sword handle at your right hip. So now, you've gripped your handle by the time Johnny reached you to strike, with your knees bent, with your hand on your sword handle. That's the point I want to make out to you right now. So you're rushing him with no free hand and then, you suddenly let go of the hilt to strike his already outstretched hand? Since by your own writing, by your own timing, he'd have struck you.

You do not move at some instant speed. You do not teleport. You do not instantly vanish. You move across a distance of 15 feet to meet Johnny somehow at the point of him drawing his blade, which you defined as the halfway point from when he ran. Cool. I just want you to understand what you did VS what I did. Stats do not decide the winner. RP does and your actions were performed sloppily. I took advantage of that.

Now onto this pressing matter of my attack, because Johnny has a technique that not only let's him track your distance in feet, he could note the speed you were going and react accordingly to it. Yes, you're faster than him. Of course, but you are not more agile than he is. In comparison Johnny is a breeze in motion, which you are a piece of stone being thrown in one direction. This is another mishap, on your part.

Quote:
Description: Dealing with his style of draw / resheath, in accordance with a powerful unsheathing comes knowing the outright distance of your opponent, which comes with training. Simply put, at all times, Johnny is able to keep track of an opponents location within his mind after some time of fighting them. Of course, an area filled with obstacles and various blockades would make this harder than an open field. After [3] Posts from the beginning of a fight, Johnny gains understanding of their distance constantly in feet. This is circumvented only by someone leaving his line of sight or using a high sped movement technique. Passive.

So now that, that's in order. Moving on. I'll argue my favorite point. Johnny can literally attack in any position.

Quote:
Technique Name: Kumo no Naka no Otoko (Lit. Man among Clouds)
Description: Despite his size, Johnny has a certain grace about his movements. When being trained in the art of the sword, he drastically improved body control, now able to feel weightless and control himself in every position. [Johnny is able to strike, move, maneuver, and perform other acrobatic feats of agility with little to no effort. This allows him to do something like leaping off a leaf mid air or strike from a position a normal man would find impossible -- most applications of this nature are easily done. His body is extremely flexible, being gifted the title as perfect even in motion and while in motion, he receives [+5 Speed]. Passive.]

He could do something like this, easily, and because of Johnny's stature, he wields Echizen as if it were a normal katana, as outlined in the swords description.

Quote:
Echizen Kaneue (越前兼植) ● Affirmed as an annoyance to Johnny, Echizen Kaneue is what he considers a Glutton. Being his first blade, it's automatically his favorite and used only for combat against an opponent Johnny deems as worthy. Heavier and longer than any normal Katana - Echizen Kaneue is considered a Nodachi [Lit. Staff Sword] and is wielded by Johnny masterfully only because of his large stature. In utilization with his Battōjutsu it becomes a lethal threat, able to stretch a length of [6] feet when fully drawn from its sheath, allowing its wielder to strike from some ridiculous ranges. In terms of personality, it was unruly upon Johnny first using it and seemed to yearn for combat. +80 Endurance +20 Strength

So, to sum this up, you charged across a 15 distance so fast that apparently you cut off all my actions so that you could autolock me? That's not how this works, son.

But I will say this - Johnny is fully capable of striking from that position, as well as a multitude of others. Because you interrupted me, my finishing action stands as it should. You missed your obvious attempt to smack his wrist because you thought your speed was so overbearing. But what do I know?

I'll call in the mod for this.

Sahana Kurumi

Ryunosuke Ryusei

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:17 pm
First off I wanna point out that there's a whole lot of "assuming" going on in these posts, namely Luka's. Saying that "oh, this is so obvious that he's going to do this" isn't really an excuse to metagame. Her intelligence isn't even that high for bs like that to even be plausible so the reasoning behind his so-called predictions is pushing it.

Secondly, I disagree with people just being able to post cut the entirety of someone else's post. Preparing an action beforehand or stopping someone from doing a hundred different drawn out things at once is one thing, but completely cutting someone off after performing one action is ridiculous.

Now, let's talk about the big problem here. Speed.

Also, as a quick note. DC, simply because you're able to measure someone's distance and speed in terms of feet doesn't mean that you're always able to react to it accordingly. Your Dex still plays a part in this, it may give you a little insight and advantage but you can't parry and dodge everything because of it; otherwise it ignores Dex altogether.

So as far as the matter of actions and placement goes, Johnny dashed first, Luka dashed second. Both blades still sheathed by prepped by having a hand on the handle. While Luka is faster this gap in speed is more or less made up for by the gaps in travel time, distance, and take off speed. Which would roughly put you both be just about at the halfway mark of the battlefield from each of your respective take off positions. This distance of Johnny's takeoff, regardless of the gap in speed, needs to be observed and taken into consideration before Luka even steps off the ground given she didn't act until he was already in motion; so again, taking the trio of factors I stated above, you two would still wind up at around the same centered position.

While under normal means Luka's blade would probably hit a lower speed opponent first there are a couple of problems with this. Johnny's sword style allows him to draw his sword in a straight, single fluid motion. Luka, on the other hand, drew her blade from her opposite side, rose it up [leaving her open], and brought it down to use blunt end to hit his wrist; thus slowing you.

The last factor here are the differences in blade length. While your attacks would have been performed at around the same time -- Johnny being faster on the draw but Luka faster to arrive -- the edge here would go to Johnny because of the extreme length of his blade. While you two could have simply clashed swords due to the varying factors dealing with the timing of both actions, Johnny's blade would have sliced into Luka at around the same time the pommel of her blade would hit his wrist, because of the timing and the length of his blade Luka would know have a sword in her side that's trying to split her horizontally in half.

Final Verdict: While Luka's speed is higher, there are varying factors that would have slowed her progress from the time she was standing still observing, to her swinging down her pommel, thus, closing the distance to hit Johnny's wrist, but not before he could start carving his sword into her side. You both take damage from the opponent's respective attack. Johnny has a ******** up hand, probably broken. Luka has a deep sword cut in her side with the sword still trying to carve through her gut and will probably need some serious medical attention afterward due to bleeding.

I'm allowing DC one time to edit his last post to reflect these actions while Ryu will have to do the same in his next.

That is all, but please, try to keep the fight going without mod intervention every post, and keep the bickering out of the public Discord. This is a warning to both of you.

Dcme

Ryunosuke Ryusei

x E U R Y D I C E
Crew

Hygienic Bloodsucker

Ryunosuke Ryusei
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:55 pm
Sahana Kurumi

I have to disagree with this ruling for a few reasons. The most important one is that you misunderstand what Luka has done with the sword on her right hip. You seem to think that she fully drew the blade out then slammed down at Johnny's wrist. She did not. She smashed into the underside of his wrist while his hand was on the hilt of his sword still as she only half drew her sword, 'thrusting' up from the sheath to smash her pommel quickly into his sword hand wrist.

If the verdict permits that strike to land, then johnny's own attack cannot be completed, let alone cut into my side as the force of an attack that should painfully fracture or more likely break his wrist (is IS an attack of 1/4 his HP) then Johnny shouldn't even be able to finish drawing his blade, or at least not at full strength to be sure.

The very position required for Luka to strike johnny's sword wrist would also prevent him from being able to draw his blade fully to strike her without a proper chance to respond, especially when the sword in her right hand is raised up and would be in place to actually block that slash even if it were to be completed.

I will also apologize for the ooc thing here.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:26 pm
Ryunosuke Ryusei

Dcme

The problem is that you failed to specify this angle which allows it to be taken several ways, so while the way you just said could've gone that route, so can the way I read it. Your vagueness has cost you. Even so, the sword slash still would have gone through and the both of you would still be hit, given your actions would have taken place at around the same time, mostly from positioning alone. So while your cut wouldn't have been as deep as it would be if it were performed from this angle, you'd still be cut; just a bit more shallow.

Doesn't matter the angle, he gets his wrist hit, you get a sword in your side.

This is final.

x E U R Y D I C E
Crew

Hygienic Bloodsucker

Ryunosuke Ryusei
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:32 pm
Sahana Kurumi
Luka, on the other hand, drew her blade from her opposite side, rose it up [leaving her open], and brought it down to use blunt end to hit his wrist; thus slowing you.

With all due respect I was not vague in my description of that action in the least. The bolded parts of my post below alone clearly specify here that I did not even remove the second blade from the sheathe and therefore there is no way in which I could have struck from above and 'left myself open' to a midsection strike. The only angle even available in this way is to strike his wrist from below.

Quote:
Her left arm rose up suddenly, striking the pommel of her blade at Johnny's exposed wrist with as much strength as she could. They were nearly equally matched there, but since his hand was focused on moving forwards, and not down against her strike, the advantage was Luka's. She had used the size difference to take advantage of the fact that merely drawing her sword up after she had closed the gap would smash the pommel into his wrist, likely even breaking it and vastly inhibiting his ability to wield his sword correctly all without even fully removing the sword from its sheathe. In fact the blade was maybe a third, maybe a half drawn by the time this strike was made.

From this position, Luka's feet were firmly planted on the ground as her pommel strike would force Johnny's hand upwards, painfully so before he would manage to even draw the blade from its sheathe.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:43 pm
Ryunosuke Ryusei

Dcme

Fair enough. Still, the actions took place at around the same time. The swing is still coming though, because of Johnny's actual sword style it'd be difficult to precisely hit his wrist when it's literally a quick draw and sheath method; like a flick. Your attempt to break someone's hand to the point that it prevents them from using their weapon has nothing to do with HP and, ultimately isn't up to you. That's up to either up to the opposition or the mods, should a mod even need to rule on something like that. It's really RP purposes and has nothing to do with how much you dropped someone's health by.

As stated before, even from that angle the blade still hits your side and you hit his wrist at around the same time. You hit up, he hits in. You both take damage. It creates a very awkward clash and given you both would probably stagger from the respective attacks so a follow-up from each of you would be a challenge to perform.

Again, fighting resumes after DC's edit.

I am not changing my answer here.

x E U R Y D I C E
Crew

Hygienic Bloodsucker

Ryunosuke Ryusei
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:48 pm
Sahana Kurumi

My only confusion here is claiming the two actions are simultaneous now. The only way for Luka's sword pommel from the right side would strike the Johnny's right wrist holding the sword at his left (on Luka's right) would be to happen before his sword crossed over enough to cut into my side or else that doesn't seem to make sense...And from that position, I still feel that my right hand blade is in place to adjust it's position the slight bit needed to block the attack that didn't get stopped from the blow to Johnny's wrist

Edit: to clarify, johnny can't have his overly long sword drawn at the moment if the wrist strike and Luka is able to react to a much higher speed than Johnny moves at (his technique can say it's quickly but his speed still controls that) so I should logically be able to at least attempt defensive action since there has to be a delay for his attack after my own. Sorry in advance if I explain things weird...xp  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:05 am
Ryunosuke Ryusei

Dcme

For the last time. This ruling is not going to change. I can't explain it more thoroughly than I already have Take the hit and move on. This topic of discussion, ends now.  

x E U R Y D I C E
Crew

Hygienic Bloodsucker

Ryunosuke Ryusei
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:12 am
Sahana Kurumi
Ryunosuke Ryusei

Dcme

For the last time. This ruling is not going to change. I can't explain it more thoroughly than I already have Take the hit and move on. This topic of discussion, ends now.

I shall take the hit then. My last point then is that johnny should be required to take Luka's second attack then as he never addressed it in his own post at all and since it was performed almost immediately after my attack at his wrist there is no way johnny should be able to finish cutting into my side after I strike his wrist and then jump back before I stab his mid section.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:17 am
Ryunosuke Ryusei

Dcme

The reason why I told DC to edit his post was to respond to this second blade, while both of you would be somewhat staggered by your respective hits, that blade is still coming at this. It wouldn't necessarily be an automatic hit but there's a high percent of it landing. So battle will resume after his edit.  

x E U R Y D I C E
Crew

Hygienic Bloodsucker

Ryunosuke Ryusei
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:23 am
Sahana Kurumi

I bring it up because he has already edited his post. He did so last night actually but his post still makes no mention of the second attack at all which is why he should be taking damage from it before I text to the disengagement.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:03 am
Ryunosuke Ryusei
Sahana Kurumi

I bring it up because he has already edited his post. He did so last night actually but his post still makes no mention of the second attack at all which is why he should be taking damage from it before I text to the disengagement.

There is no second blade. It was an exchange of hits. The first attack staggered us both to back off. That's what was ruled. Why are you pushing for so much when that was what just happened.  

Deecee Sama

Captain

Adorable Genius

3,400 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hygienic 200

x E U R Y D I C E
Crew

Hygienic Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:12 am
-sighs- There'd be enough stagger for the hop back to avoid the second blade anyway, it'd probably get into his shirt but it'd would still whiff.

Move on, people. I'm not coming back to this subject. Next reply.

Dcme

Ryunosuke Ryusei

Dᴇʙᴀᴛᴇ Fᴏʀᴜᴍ

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces