Reply Alternia RP
[PRP] Frosted Flowers (Afryse + Amonee)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yamashii

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:42 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

A garden of green or a garden of ice?
Both pleasant to look at, both equally nice.
Though, truth be told, I think the best advice,
Together they'd make a unique paradise!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:06 pm
Tonight, for sure, Amonee thought to himself. He'd spotted the gallery on a recent trip to the city and had been thoroughly enchanted by the ethereal ice sculptures glinting in the light. The way they were both solid and yet see through was an interesting art form on an intellectual level. His paintings could not achieve anything remotely similar. The jadeblood had asked the gallery owner to arrange a meeting with the creator but the best they could do was pass along a date the mysterious Afryse Shukum would be around for a chance meeting.

And thus, Amonee was here, ready and waiting, with a small bouquet of flowers to show his admiration.

"I wonder what he'll make next? They're so pretty." He shivered, as he looked over collection again. The room had to be kept kind of cold to preserve the forms in ice. Coming from Busthind, Amonee was no stranger to colder temperatures but even still... below freezing wasn't like a walk in the park for him. He pulled his jacket closer but enjoyed the cool air on his face. Somehow, it always felt refreshing on his forehead.

"Over there." The owner motioned at Amonee before pointing him towards a yellowblood in an intricate wrap. The painter thanked him before hurrying over to finally meet the sculptor in person.

"Excuse me, are you the one who made all of these sculptures? I'm Amonee Brycer, I'm a big fan! These are for you!" Eyes shining, smile beaming, Amonee offered the bundle of delicate peonies towards Afryse. He couldn't help but want to shower the people he liked or respected with things! Even if he didn't really even know them that well. Amonee was not a very logical troll to be honest.

Magician Arcana
Sorry this took longer than I thought to set up! Here we go : 3

Yamashii

Magician Arcana

Eco-friendly Shapeshifter

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:12 pm

Afryse took in a deep breath and let it out. Wisps of steam curled in front of his face, obscuring the object he was staring at. A delicately formed rose, all in crystal clear ice. A bouquet, actually. A dozen ice roses, with petals and vase. Each as vibrant and gorgeous as if spun from glass, as if you could reach out and feel the smooth leafy texture of every leaf.

At least, that was what the description said. Afryse swallowed and stepped back, his mind still reeling from everything. It had seemed so absurd. His artwork? In a gallery? Why? It was just... Ice. Ice, that came from his scarred fingers. Ice that was so bitingly cold and irritating. Ice.

It was making beetles. This whole thing was actually earning him income. Witikodad was content with this idea, and maybe even a smidgen proud, but the lusus didn't want to join him. Instead, he remained in the basement, where he was living now it seemed. Afryse wasn't sure why, but he was relieved to have the freedom, the space to grow and change. Just... He never thought it would lead him here?

And now, someone was coming. Someone who, the director of the gallery had said, was a fan. A fan? Of what? Ice? Briefly, he wondered what Hemera would think. Maybe it was a little pompous? A little ridiculous? He could invite her. Would she want to come and see this?

Would he want her to? Afryse was relieved to hear the sound of approaching footsteps. Anything to save him from the sensation of sinking that was slowly wrapping up and strangling him.

"Hello." The troll was talkative, excited. It was a little off-putting, but Afryse remained cool and calm, only nodding as he took the bundle of peonies. Of course, the admirer was a high blood. Why in gog's alternia would it be someone of a sensibly low caste? Afryse shifted from foot to foot, "Thank you, they are lovely. I'm Afryse Shukum, the..."

Afryse glanced to the side, eyes darting from pillar to pillar, from sculpture to sculpture, "Artist? Of these ice creations." ... Well, that was pathetic sounding. Clearing his throat, he turned his attention back to Amonee, "I don't believe I have had a fan before."

Yamashii
No problem! I hope there is anough here to work off of. Amonee is such a qt ahhh

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:02 pm
Afryse almost sounded a bit unsure of himself. Amonee watched him glance around the room and wondered why. Perhaps he was tired from all the work it took to make these creations. The jadeblood could certainly understand and sympathize with that.

"You haven't? I'm surprised, I mean your work is so intricate and well," He clasped his hands together under his chin with an enchanted look in his eyes, "lovely really. I find it beautiful that you work from nature rather than the more violent themes in traditional high art. I mean, I understand it's tradition but I find landscapes or portraits more interesting than anatomy. That's why I loved your series on frozen bonsai, they really captivated me!" He talked a mile a minute and only slowed once he realized Afryse was looking back at him wordlessly.

"I... I'm so sorry, I get carried away on things like this. I'm a painter myself so I get overexcited when it comes to other artists." His cheeks burned from awkward embarrassment but he tried to keep a pleasant smile on his face. Hopefully he hadn't left a weird impression.

Magician Arcana
Afryse is so mysterious! : O Looking forward to learning more about him! And sorry this is so late! > A<

Yamashii

Alternia RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff