Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revolution: Gaia ©

Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply 🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.
User-Run Twitch Massive Gold Sink Event! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Katulain

Dedicated Gaian

7,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:48 pm
So here's an idea. What if Revolution: Gaia, as a guild, potentially with other affiliates, hosted a livestream twitch event where we sank 10 trillion gold through the course of a day? We would put the event in the GCD and link to it thoroughly in the guild. We could get artists to help out and take donations to a mule for a few weeks leading up to the event.

Pwnder
The only way to truly get rid of the gold is to buy gold shop items and delete them. However, as a gold sink practitioner, it would be even better to turn around and sell those gold shop items in the MP again and repeat the process all over, doubling goal each time it is repeated.

I think it would go a long way in sending a message to new administration that we're all in this together. Plus it would be a fun way to unite the community.

I'm not the best event planner in the world. But I'd love to help with coordinating this, if you all believe this is something we should do.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:31 pm
I like the idea of a large dump being streamed, but would this work? I mean the account would still have the 10 tril gold so it wouldn't be gone. (well unless we got the account banned or something afterwards, which I guess we could tell the staff to ban the account after we are done,) but 10 tril in the scheme of things is barely a dent. I would suggest we go after a much larger number. What's the current cap?  

lief_7

nuGen Staff Lead

22,875 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:16 pm
The only way to truly get rid of the gold is to buy gold shop items and delete them. However, as a gold sink practitioner, it would be even better to turn around and sell those gold shop items in the MP again and repeat the process all over, doubling goal each time it is repeated. wink

I'm down for it although it is not a question of if we should do it, but could we do it. Getting users to volunteer their gold to a random account is a stretch of trust. Asking for donations of unwanted items might be easier, but it couldn't happen in a day User Image

10Trillion is possible to get with the right items and 30 listings, but I don't think donators are going to give us those kinds of items gonk They are generally bought with GC, those kinds.

I could sink 10Trillion steaming right this second. I could do it twice actually User Image
but lief may be right, 50Trillion might demand more attention and be slightly more effective. The cap is impossible, it is near the septillions User Image

I'd be happy to insure that 10 trillion as available right away, but it wouldn't really be much an event without the community helping out somehow. I'm not even sure how to coordinate such an idea either, as much as I love it.

If we could seriously come up with a user run event coordinated around sinking gold I'm all about it. Is 10Trillion the right amount? Should it be more? How would we collect donations? What is the time frame?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:23 pm
Pwnder
If we could seriously come up with a user run event coordinated around sinking gold I'm all about it. Is 10Trillion the right amount? Should it be more? How would we collect donations? What is the time frame?

I think asking people for gold to sink isn't all that crazy. We're basically saying "get rid of your gold so we can get rid of it". The only thing we need to prove is that we're serious about getting rid of gold and that once users entrust us with it, we will dispose of it. Perhaps we can try to get to 10 trillion and do a live stream event, as a guild, before we start enlisting support in the GCD for a larger sink event like 50-100 trillion.

Honestly, I've been away from Gaia for a while so I'm not sure what a "ludicrous" amount of gold is... but I think that's what we should aim for. If 10 Trillion is relatively easy to obtain, we should probably shoot for a much higher number for a large sink event.

Obviously, this will be a larger symbolic gesture. Will we help the economy? Maybe in a small and insignificant way. But we're basically showing the community that users will go out of their way to personally sacrifice even if the impact, on the whole, remains marginal.

I'm only worth about 1.6 trillion, but I'd give 4/5 of my net worth for this event.  

Katulain

Dedicated Gaian

7,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:55 pm
Katulain
Pwnder

I think asking people for gold to sink isn't all that crazy. We're basically saying "get rid of your gold so we can get rid of it". The only thing we need to prove is that we're serious about getting rid of gold and that once users entrust us with it, we will dispose of it. Perhaps we can try to get to 10 trillion and do a live stream event, as a guild, before we start enlisting support in the GCD for a larger sink event like 50-100 trillion.

Honestly, I've been away from Gaia for a while so I'm not sure what a "ludicrous" amount of gold is... but I think that's what we should aim for. If 10 Trillion is relatively easy to obtain, we should probably shoot for a much higher number for a large sink event.

Obviously, this will be a larger symbolic gesture. Will we help the economy? Maybe in a small and insignificant way. But we're basically showing the community that users will go out of their way to personally sacrifice even if the impact, on the whole, remains marginal.

I'm only worth about 1.6 trillion, but I'd give 4/5 of my net worth for this event.

I started Tokens Against Inflation with that idea in mind, getting users to donate their gold as a sink effort. I've only had a few guild members here bother to donate so far though sweatdrop
Sending a message is the main point, you are right about that. There would have to be extreme advertising it within various forums around here.

I don't know anything about Twitch or streaming videos either... confused  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:31 pm
Pwnder
Katulain
Pwnder

I started Tokens Against Inflation with that idea in mind, getting users to donate their gold as a sink effort. I've only had a few guild members here bother to donate so far though sweatdrop
Sending a message is the main point, you are right about that. There would have to be extreme advertising it within various forums around here.

I don't know anything about Twitch or streaming videos either... confused

I'm pretty good with videos. I can make a few youtube videos, post on Gaia's subreddit. We can blow this up. We just have to be confident about it. wink

It's awesome that you have some experience with it!  

Katulain

Dedicated Gaian

7,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:45 pm
Well if you have a plan, lead the way!
I'll back it up and participate of course. It's what I'm here for anyway emotion_awesome

I don't spend time on those other places so I know virtually nothing about them. My kids know a thing or two about making videos with YouTube and others so I have references for things such as that wink

We recently acquired a domain name for the guild and have not put any plans into what to do with it as of yet. Namea and I have web design experience so creating a webpage can be done. She and I both do art, hers is better, I run the R:G Facebook page, and I'm sure I made a Twitter account as well. Namea has the official Gmail account, I have the webshell account for my imagemap hosting and whatnots, she does tumblr and deviantart. I created a Line chat group, we could probably do an Instagram........

I dunno, just throwing out what I know User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:13 am
Ok I've been doing more thinking, what if we got other guilds involved. If we could get guild to donate items or gold to their guild mule and then get the guilds to donate the gold from the guild account to wherever we are going to dump this too that could work. We would make the guilds sponsor and "sell" advertising space on the stream.

This would be a way for guilds to get their name out there to people watching the stream, it shows gaia coming together as a community and the guilds have built in communities. We could go for 50 or 100 tril (between a few guilds that shouldn't be too hard) We can also let others advertise that are not in guilds if they want, say artist shops or giveaways or whatever. The whole thing if we can pull it off will show great togetherness and a real desire to lower inflation any way possible. It would also show the mods that it doesn't have to be some big event they plan, that we are willing to do it on our own as long as we have their support (ie get rid of Gold Generators)

Here would be my plan of attack:

1. Create our advertisement, our full pitch to sell the idea including a mock up of the twitch layout and where advertisements will go. Also create sponsor tier levels. (ie. any gold name added to sponsor list, 10 Bil name mentioned during stream 100 Bil Small Advertisement, 500 BIl Medium advertisement, 1 Tril Large Advertisement and Permanent spot on our recommended guild page, 10 Tril A guest Apperence during the stream if possible ect. )

2. Have something to start with to show good faith, maybe the 10 trill that was talked about earlier

3. Talk to the guild Captains or VCs about the idea, have suggestions about how they could collect the gold, for instance they could have a contest where something specifically guild related is given out (In a RP they could give a power up, in an item based one they could sell lotto tickets for an item, in something else they could give away a crew spot ect. )

4. Move on to the forums to advertise the event and look for further sponsors.

5. Collect the gold/items and get ready for the event.

6. Make the Gaia Crew aware the event is about to go down.

7. Execute the plan!

8. Deflation??

Anyways, just a thought, I can promise some gold from my guild, I know they will be down for the idea and I know things I can give away to get some gold. (we only have 400 Bil right now but i can get more) So Put down DTI on the list and let's work to get more, I know some people we can contact and if we can find the guild of Captains that might be a good place to ask around. (Can't seem to find it anymore)

Any other thoughts or suggestions?  

lief_7

nuGen Staff Lead

22,875 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50

lief_7

nuGen Staff Lead

22,875 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:18 am
Possibly the gaia reddit would be a good place as well  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:02 pm
I could provide items for raffles no problem.

Something like this would have to be tackled in the forums outside the guild because I do not think that our members would be able to keep up that kind of pace in gold confused

Consistent Raffles, like once a week or every 2-3 days until our goal is met.

One LQI per raffle would fit this because after a week the cost in the MP dives unless sold right away and it would be in our best interest to give it away and take player entry fees while it is still high in cost and demand.

How much per entry?
1B
10B

Mythrill Coin Packages in this amount can be purchased in Barton Boutique and gifted right from the store to the raffle holder as an entry fee. Doing it this way also sends a confirmation PM that an item has been gifted and from whom, so no confusion about when or who officially entered.

The beauty of this is, coin packages can be "trashed" or deleted, and in bulk. wink

I started a twitch account for R:G just a minute ago. I don't know what I"m doing but it will help me figure out how best this could be managed.  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

lief_7

nuGen Staff Lead

22,875 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:20 pm
Pwnder

Something like this would have to be tackled in the forums outside the guild because I do not think that our members would be able to keep up that kind of pace in gold confused

One LQI per raffle would fit this because after a week the cost in the MP dives unless sold right away and it would be in our best interest to give it away and take player entry fees while it is still high in cost and demand.

How much per entry?
1B
10B

Mythrill Coin Packages in this amount can be purchased in Barton Boutique and gifted right from the store to the raffle holder as an entry fee. Doing it this way also sends a confirmation PM that an item has been gifted and from whom, so no confusion about when or who officially entered.

The beauty of this is, coin packages can be "trashed" or deleted, and in bulk. wink

I started a twitch account for R:G just a minute ago. I don't know what I"m doing but it will help me figure out how best this could be managed.

A raffle sink could work, we just have to get enough people to join in but it shouldn't be too hard. I'm down to help with whatever is needed (I'll probably even enter haha) I like the idea of the coin packs too, it'll make it easier for us to sink. Sounds like the best idea and if we want to try and get others to sponsor on top of that we can, all of it will go toward the live sink anyways.

We will need to make sure to make it clear to not give anonymously since that is the default setting on gifts from the shops apparently.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:33 pm
lief_7
Pwnder

How much per entry?
1B
10B

A raffle sink could work, we just have to get enough people to join in but it shouldn't be too hard. I'm down to help with whatever is needed (I'll probably even enter haha) I like the idea of the coin packs too, it'll make it easier for us to sink. Sounds like the best idea and if we want to try and get others to sponsor on top of that we can, all of it will go toward the live sink anyways.

We will need to make sure to make it clear to not give anonymously since that is the default setting on gifts from the shops apparently.

Say we offered and LQI, or something of equally high value in the MP, the question is, how much should we charge for a raffle entry?

Our goal should be to raise 1T a week in these raffles, if not more.

Also, to get more users interested in joining the raffle, there should be some secondary prizes as well and there are two ways we could do that.

Offer 1 of the recent RIGs for the first 10 people to enter (if we charged 10B each that would guarantee 100B right off the bat)

or
Offer 10 of the recent RIG's as other secondary prizes for non winners (if we charged 1B per entry)

The question is, which offer would result in more participants?  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:35 pm
1 Trillion a week would require 100 users to offer 10B for our raffles or 100 users to offer 1B .  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:56 pm
Or maybe it would be better to offer more than 1 LQI , like 5 of them and charge 10B an entry?

I wish there was a 5B Mythrill Coin..........  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

lief_7

nuGen Staff Lead

22,875 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:06 pm
Pwnder
lief_7
Pwnder

How much per entry?
1B
10B

Say we offered and LQI, or something of equally high value in the MP, the question is, how much should we charge for a raffle entry?

Our goal should be to raise 1T a week in these raffles, if not more.

Also, to get more users interested in joining the raffle, there should be some secondary prizes as well and there are two ways we could do that.

Offer 1 of the recent RIGs for the first 10 people to enter (if we charged 10B each that would guarantee 100B right off the bat)

or
Offer 10 of the recent RIG's as other secondary prizes for non winners (if we charged 1B per entry)

The question is, which offer would result in more participants?

Ok so i think 1 bil raffle prices most anyone could join but @ 10 bil people start getting a little more cautious unless it's an awesome item.

I would propose we do 1 bil per ticket on the big item, the first 10 people to go over 10 Bil we give a promotion prize. And the the first 3 people to donate 100 bil will get an even better prize (possibly all rigs if they go up that high)

This way if we can reach those we are sure to get 370 Bil no matter what (although i don't know if was are subtracting costs or if we don't care about that and it's more symbolic)

This would probably have the most pull with the right items. Some people also go crazy for art, we could raffle off art if we have anyone who would volunteer to do some of that. it would take gold right out of the MP.

Oh and of course I still stand by the selling of Advertisement space for the live feed. but only for sponsors not for lotto buyers. Maybe 50 Bil gets you mentioned during the live stream, 100 Bill gets you a tiny advertisement (possibly with link) and prizes go up from there  
🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games