azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:34 pm
Nasir was trying, he really was, though it was sometimes hard because the flying squirrel was moving around a lot. Not that he was sure why, he would've thought it might've stayed more stationary during winter. It was why, despite the cold weather, he was at the park. He thought he had seen it, followed it from the house to the nearby park, and was now bundled in warm winter clothing (that might've involved a long skirt) sitting on a bench.

The process of trying to clear his mind and open the door was getting easier but he had yet to really achieve the process of warging. Nasir idly adjusted his glasses, glancing around to see if there was anyone else around, before he finally closed his eyes.

Melancholies
one terrible start for you. i am so sorry.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:36 pm
    Oliver wasn't very social. Actually, he was incredibly introverted, but that didn't mean he would call people out if he thought they were being even the least bit stupid. Shiloh, now he did a lot of stupid s**t, so Oliver had a—dare he say—massive tolerance for asinine actions. Except, he found out that tolerance extended to his brother and the few handful of people he considered "not quite friends" and "more useful than an average acquaintance".

Point in case? This ******** moron. "If you're going to sleep outside," And this individual didn't look homeless, "You should probably do it, like, not in the frost for starters?"

His hands were totally wrapped up in finger tape, absent of any gloves, but the rest of his body was bundled in your typical winter gear. He looked exhausted; maybe that's why he was being so bitchy for no reason, considering he was trying to make a quick trip to the store but turned it into a call-out assault instead.

azuredreams
im sorry

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:44 pm
There was door within his mind and his heart and all he had to reach for it and-

Nasir cracked open one eye, sighing mental as he felt that thread fall away from him. He would get the hang of it eventually, he really would. If it was call-out, he did not seem bothered by it.

"It wasn't sleeping," he said with a smile. "I was trying to clear my mind-" The young cook paused and realized, maybe, it wasn't a good idea to talk about this stuff.

"I was meditating for a little bit," he told him instead. From somewhere in a tree there was what definitely sounded like a squirrel irately barking which pulled his attention briefly from Ollie before it flicked back.

Melancholies

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:06 pm
    "Meditating out in the cold? Might as well go home and stick your hand on the stove to warm up when you're done. Seems just as productive." He practically scoffed as he fiddled with his sleeves. The barking did not go unnoticed, but he chalked it up to weird park animals being weird—except, psyche, it was winter and no wild animal should be around barking. Only s**t around here that should be making sounds like that were, who the hell knows, dogs.

But he sighed, digressing his thoughts, rubbing his temple with his broken looking hands (they were, in reality, just find under the rough tape). "You'll catch a cold." He said like it was the most obvious thing in the world. "There are better—warmer places." Why was he trying to reason with a stranger? Who knew. It wasn't his business and he knew better, but he was a Beaumont.

azuredreams

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:33 pm
Nasir blinked behind his glasses but smiled regardless, still unruffled. "While there are better places, I'm stuck with this one for the moment."

His eyes glanced to the wrapped fingers before he glanced back up. "Worst case is that I'll get a blinding headache, not a cold. Since I know when to take myself inside." There was another bark from the tree that had him looking towards it again with a small frown. "Except that I can't at the moment because-" He sighed. "I'll be fine but what has you out in the cold?"

Redirect.

Melancholies

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:08 am
    "Ain't non ya' buisness." He huffed, but relented regardless, "Was goin' to the store. Saw your dumbass and had to say something."

Except his voice was loosing venom and he was calming down. Nasir reacting in a steady way was really helping to displace the tension. It might be more obvious that his outburst was from some vague concern rather than malice; but Oliver was bad at expression and more so with strangers.

The barking was making his head hurt. Maybe that was just the lack of sleep again. Either way, he had a quip about it, "What the heck is that g'damn sound anyway?"

azuredreams

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:30 pm
Nasir could tell and it was partly why he was not ruffled. He had spent too much time around people who were more gruff and bark than they were trying to bite him.

As he was about to open his mouth, to reply about his dumbass, Ollie was asking about the sound. A ruddy red darkened Nasir's face and he looked back towards the tree.

"It's a squirrel," he said quietly. "A flying squirrel- It's cranky at me, I think." There might have been another irritated bark from the tree to the affirmative but who knew.

Melancholies

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:41 pm
    "A cranky squirrel." Oliver pursed his lips, "So you're—alright, let me get this straight," He held up two fingers for impact, "So you're pissin' off nature too by doin' this, you see?" sigh.

"Anyway, look at me bitchin' out a stranger. S'name's Oliver. Beaumont. Got it?" He huffed, "Maybe you can remember that when you gotta write your will out before ya' freeze to death. Big bold letters; "Ollie: that guy who told me so"."

Moonwalker puberty took no survivors without making them a crabby mess, it seemed.

azuredreams
short tag is short!!!!

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:59 pm
Nasir laughed as Ollie pointed that out and shook his head. A piece of hair loosened from his hairclip and he reached a hand up to fix it back in place (today they were tanuki ears) before he spoke again. "Nasir Vasile and I'm actually trying to get it to come back with me. It's cold and this isn't where it's nest is. Just haven't quite ... worked things out."

The barking had stopped and Nasir continued on (realizing the previous sentence sounded weird and maybe he should just-). "I don't plan on freezing out here, so I think we can save that epitaph for someone else's grave."

Melancholies

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:16 pm
    "So it's like a pet?" Oliver looked confused again, but also maybe—just maybe—something seemed to click in his head. Of course some idiot would run out into the snow for his dearly beloved lost pet! I mean, they were still stupid for losing it in the first place, but it was a noble cause at least.

He walked over, stance considerably less hostile, more cooperative, "So you got any master plan to try'n get it out?" He looked up at the tree while noting the silence. "Don't s'pose you can just tell it to."

azuredreams

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:25 pm
"I think the word is familiar?" Nasir was still getting down with the lingo, okay. He shifted and sat up a little more when Ollie was closer and shook his head. "I have a plan it just isn't as easy as it could be? I've been trying to coax the little thing out for a while? Just haven't gotten the knack yet even though I've been told I can ..."

He fiddled, again, with a hair clip and looked to the tree. "If I could communicate with it like America does with Mr. B, I think-" Then he stopped, bit his bottom lip and went a ruddy red all over again.

Melancholies

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:08 am
    Oliver's head tilted to one side, and then tilted to the other, and then finally righted itself upright again. "Your familiar."

He heard about this sort of stuff from Jamie when he was giving him Types of Magic 101. There were moonwalkers like he had been, and then nobles like Shiloh was, and then...

"Are you a...?" He squinted to remember the word, just as ignorant of the lingo as Nasir, "Warg?" His voice was quiet as he looked around nervously, despite the two being alone aside from one another. He had no idea who the ******** America was, but that was irrelevant. "My god, I didn't think you'd be magic."

A pause, and then the badgering came back, "You should be careful about who you tell! I could've been some goddamn magic hating lunatic."

azuredreams

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:22 pm
Nasir looked worried as Ollie continued on, fidgeting and then nodding with a frown. "I still- I'm still used to-" he sighed, voice quiet. Nasir could handle being looked at like he was crazy but the idea that someone would be a magic hating idiot was still new. "You're right and I usually am but I've been stretching myself to try and make a place for that little one and-"

His fingers flicked and he rubbed a hand at his temple.

Melancholies

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:10 pm
    "It's s'okay." Oliver decided to invite himself to the bench, parking himself beside Nasir. "I don't think I remember seein' you at the void though? I'm still not used to everything in this world." He kicked his feet.

"Well anyway, c'mon, do the warg thing. I'll sit here so if people come by they'll just think we're chillin'."

azuredreams

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:29 pm
"No, I wasn't there ... I had a blinding headache from trying to warg." Nasir had a sheepish look on his face, only knowing loose details about what happened. "I laid down, went to sleep and when I woke up it was the eighteenth of December. I'm still trying to adjust too on top of this ..."

Ollie probably did not expect it but he got a genuine smile from him. "Really? Thanks. That actually helps me? If I do this properly I kind of zone out and having someone around is good." Usually it was Wil who kept an eye but his boyfriend was handling other things at the moment (taking the rambunctious Bud to the vet).

He took a breath and let his eyes close again.

Melancholies

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces