Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revolution: Gaia ©

Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply 🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.
How do you feel about Gaia now? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:07 pm
Sorry about my last announcement. I was so focused on fitting the maximum characters in that I failed the title and left it as "adfgsdfg"
emotion_facepalm

TL;DR: How do you feel now?

Since the announcement of Lanzer taking the position of CEO things took a wonderful change. Even better is seeing our CEO and founder being amongst us like a normal user. It is something that he had always done in the past anyway and is a very welcome change of pace concerning the last few years. He is searching for our feedback and opinions and acknowledges them when given the chance, so I thank him kindly for that.

It was very easy to feel cut off when the previous CEO never used his (ugly) account to participate in the site. It was something that bothered me tremendously in the beginning. If he had been a part of Gaia he may have made better decisions that were suited to earning money and the respect of the community. I'll never forget the Glassdoor Review "Management are shutting you down" It was my birthday as well as the last ATA for a year. cry
Although some people argue that Glassdoor reviews are not reliable, I have to put some stock into many of them still existing. I hope to see changes in reviews on Glassdoor throughout the year, as I am still subscribed to Gaia Interactive in particular.

My hopes are not too high and a long amount of time is involved in correcting problems around here. I will still be here to support in ways that I can, or be angry in ways that I can rofl I've left some negative reviews for Gaia in the past, but I will make my best effort to inform, again, how things are going to start looking better. If any of you have left a negative review online anywhere, I will encourage you to go back and leave another review that leaves hope for our site and future users!! Re-invite friends that have left over this time! If you are willing to purchase GC once again, then now is a very important time to do so. We never wanted to get rid of GC, but boycotting was a way for us to show our disapproval of site management at the time and hopefully bring about a change. Change is here now! Show your support, just be careful of gold generators they have not made their final exit as of yet.

Gaia can still make some turns that veer us toward what we once knew and loved. It is still a precarious time but it can be overcome with all of our support! They are depending on us really.

I sound like a frikking politician sweatdrop Sorry about that...

Ah, but I guess I am in some weird way....
Whatever! Woot Woot! Gaia 2017!!!!

TL;DR: How do you feel now?

follow Lanzers post history, it might bring you to tears of joy  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:06 am
It's good to see things gradually change and return to normal on this site. Since the original few people are back in charge, I look forward to seeing what new improvements will be implemented as the rest of this year goes on. Hopefully the inflation problem will be resolved and there won't be any more Gaia Cash option for buying and selling in the marketplace. It's more of a hindrance than helping with all the extra gold being poured into the economy, just like the other stuff that added to the entire mess, I suppose. ^_^*  

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100

Amra Rose

Dangerous Gaian

10,825 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:36 am
I am feeling.... Hopeful. I left Gaia about 3 years ago, due to the site no longer holding a candle to the community I loved and cherished. I would check back a few times a year only to have my heart shattered all over again. I almost feel guilty for abandoning the guild in the fight for our Gaia. The day I saw Lanzer was back I logged back in. I am feeling a lot more hopeful. I am very devastated to see the economy in the state that it is in. And I miss certain features I once utilized like rally, zomg, Avatar Arena, and so much more. Without Zomg, and Rally I feel like I can't make friends as easily with people. I enjoy chatting and getting to know everyone. Anywho I am back. And I wanna try and make a difference to bring Gaia back to what it once was. I will be perusing the guild to see what difference I can make. Although it is sad to be on here with no active friends... *hint hint*... I am having to use my cellphone to access Gaia as I have no other means of internet nor a working computer. If there is any way I can truly be of help, I am your humble servant.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:41 pm
Cautiously gleeful, seeing Gaia returning to his t's former glory! I like the new AI thing they are doing. Very much the quirky, non GCash promoting tidbits of years passed. Seeing Lanzer post is so refreshing. Fingers crossed!!  

Raven of the Darkened Sky

Playful Phantom

Kangit
Crew

High-functioning Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:09 am
I'm feeling more optimistic about the site now. User Image With the previous management, I was suspecting they'd have no hesitation to shut down the site once they were sure it was no longer paying off enough to be worth it to them.

P.S. I thought the announcement title was intentional. Given that "Jet" started introducing the announcement, I took it to mean "just another spam announcement." I liked it, and thought it was fitting. cat_rofl  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:41 am
Hi, guild (occasional) lurker here.
I'm actually quite glad Lanzer is back, and is not only actually acknowledging the horrendous events that have befallen our home-away-from-home, but content to FIX them as best as he can. (Idk how he's gonna do it, but lawdy, I am so anticipating it!)
I'm also excited to see the gold generators go, but is it actually confirmed yet?
I wonder if we can convince him to do another goldsink? Would it even help much, considering the massive amounts of ultra-rich gaians hoarding their gold/items?
Most of all though, I can't wait to not see 50+ sales/ announcements per day. It's so annoying getting one every five minutes. I mean, come onnnnn.
Are there any more updates on who all is coming back? I know he said CP is, and L0cke too, but I hope we can get most, if not all, of our old and well-loved admins/devs/etc back.  

Sarcasdick

Dangerous Gatekeeper

Qwertea
Vice Captain

IRL Gaian

11,725 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Rat Conqueror 500
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:58 pm
I'm excited for the future of Gaia, the financial situation of the site has me a bit worried but overall I have a lot of hope. I'm so happy that site features are being updated!

Also I just applied to be a mod so hopefully I will be allowed to help the site be even awesomer! emotion_awesome  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:07 pm
Dogoda
I'm excited for the future of Gaia, the financial situation of the site has me a bit worried but overall I have a lot of hope. I'm so happy that site features are being updated!

Also I just applied to be a mod so hopefully I will be allowed to help the site be even awesomer! emotion_awesome

Sweet! You will be able to look the other way when we do bad things emotion_awesome

rofl just kidding rofl

With people like you on the prowl I have no doubt that Gaia can become even awesomer!

Will you have time in between classes?  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

Qwertea
Vice Captain

IRL Gaian

11,725 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Rat Conqueror 500
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:30 pm
Pwnder
Dogoda

Sweet! You will be able to look the other way when we do bad things emotion_awesome

rofl just kidding rofl

With people like you on the prowl I have no doubt that Gaia can become even awesomer!

Will you have time in between classes?

I should, my schedule for this semester is fairly light since it's all things that I'm good at (history, art, english, politics) this go around. Last semester I took Anatomy and Physiology which was really hard, I literally lived in books and I made a C. rofl Hopefully they like me enough to be a mod. I surely hope so. D:  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:28 pm
Honestly overwhelming. I feel like I need to be on the front lines more... however it's taking some time to re-adjust to the Gaia community again.

I spent a long time on recolor.me and the struggle there has been to get the community to care and be less apathetic toward growth. A lot of ideas in "Rec.me discussion" (similar to Site Feedback) are passed off as crazy if they go much beyond item suggestions. It wasn't always that way, but it certainly became that way over time.

I came back in a bit of a storm. A few weeks ago, this account was banned for mentioning "Gary Schofield, Jason Loia and recolor.me" in reply to an omni-mod. I knew it was a bit of an "all-in" post but I wanted to break the precedent and see if lanzer would back me up (which he did, brilliantly). My account's been restored.

Now, I'm really just trying to assess the field, get a good handle of the community and figure out what to do that will have the most impact in bringing Gaia back.

Nothing is impossible and no ideas are really "off the table". It's just a matter of how creative I can be with the time that I have to spend on the site.

It's immeasurably better than Gaia at just about any time in its past.  

Katulain

Dedicated Gaian

7,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200

CARL0S-X3

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:35 am
i still have some concerns, here's how they break down and yes i know he has alot to deal with but....

1- i dont think hes listening to all users only a handful of them
2- he's working on new features when its clear old features that need attention are still broken
that fav your avi s**t is one example. it just wasn't needed right now, theres plenty of other things to do right now besides your pet projects from 10 years ago
3- he needs to just gut the cash system on here and remove it from the header, and the megamenu which he still wont do which honestly would only take a minute to remove those but still he keeps them up, if he wants to prove gaia is truly going to be different he needs to gut those along with promote my posts

some positive things yes but for every positive it seems something negative still happens on here
heres hoping that he consideres some of these ideas i posted up in the future  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:58 am
Lanzer needs to fix all the broken stuff BEFORE he adds new features. i do not want to favorited by anyway. he needs to fix the alchemy formula features. a friend of mine says his alchemy pages lists him as having formulas that he threw away three years ago! so it says he has 26 pages of formulas when he only has 10! and he needs to fix the item glitches in aquariums and a lot of other stuff first.  

serafym_angelkynd

Amorous Receiver

27,215 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Supreme Supporter 500

CARL0S-X3

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:12 pm
serafym_angelkynd
Lanzer needs to fix all the broken stuff BEFORE he adds new features. i do not want to favorited by anyway. he needs to fix the alchemy formula features. a friend of mine says his alchemy pages lists him as having formulas that he threw away three years ago! so it says he has 26 pages of formulas when he only has 10! and he needs to fix the item glitches in aquariums and a lot of other stuff first.

EXACTLY THIS , im not sure why he decided to do this fav stuff but not everyone is in favor of it  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:48 pm
Im not excited about new things introduced either, I have no use for this new feature right now. I do love the little tweaks made here and there though. heart

Most of the Gaians in our part of the community just want to see problems tackled immediately. I do understand why introducing something new is an effort toward the other part of the community that doesn't share our immediate concerns. The team will have to make moves that give all of us new hope in certain ways I guess. It was a quick and easy new feature and I suppose didn't take too many resources, so its no big deal. I am still waiting on the announcement spam fix though sweatdrop  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

Darius Runan
Crew

Enduring Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:50 am
Arms reach optimism for me.

But I have faith in Lanzer.  
🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games