azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:56 am
Nasir sits out the mini-deck that is built into the roof. It's up high and it affords him a view of the tree near the kitchen window where one certain flying squirrel has taken up residence but has yet to come to him. With all the changes, he had taken a few days off to really push to adapt to being a warg.

To attuning with his familiar.

Mostly because Wil and himself were not the only ones who were out of sorts with waking up to discover a month and a half gone and the world not the same as it was (that he still did not understand why that was so). There had been an agitated irritable chitter for a while but it had quieted as things were like to when it was obvious things were not going to be any stranger than they had been.

At least things had gone back to normal. Minus all the changes.

Still, he sits in a small nest of blankets and the occasional pillow and tries to clear his mind, reaching for a magic he didn't even know he had but needs to grasp.

Daekie
come say hi alexis, it an up high place and they can just come in through the roof door ~

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:06 pm
Alexis has been so goddamn self-absorbed for the past month that they've really had no time or memory available to listen, really listen, or work with any of Nasir's newfound problems -- they hadn't known he was magical at all, before that, and somehow their first concern upon coming out of the void with an ankle monitor had not been 'oh man I better check if Nasir's okay'.

Somehow they can't feel particularly guilty over that, honestly. Nasir's an adult, he can take care of himself, and even if he can't he has Wil. Alexis just has Alexis.

They slip out through the roof door and he's already there, which makes things awkward, but -- they were hoping it might rain. It's a nice day. Night, almost, at this point. "Hey, Nasir." Their voice is quiet. Awkward. What can they really say, here?

azuredreams

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:08 pm
Good thing it hasn't actually been a month, not since things have gone haywire. Nasir expected Alexis to come and go as they needed to, it was why they had a place they could come back when needed. Doesn't begrudge space as needed and simply waits.

He just hadn't expected to find that changed to this being their home. Which, admittedly, he is happy about on some level but then- Well, there was paperwork around the house about that and it made his head spin. It on top of other changes (there was a pet ferret now and another boss and-) ...

It takes a moment before their voice reaches him, Nasir trying to reach for that feeling that lets him see through the eyes of his familiar. He blinks, rubs at his eyes, and turns towards them when he picks up the shuffle of their feet.

"Ah, Alexis. Hi." There's a touch of distance in his eyes, mostly because he was elsewhere for a moment. It fades away until he smiles at them, shifts on the blankets, scoots and makes room for them as he grabs his drink (and the bottle of ibuprofen). If it's meant to be awkward, Nasir breezes right past it.

Daekie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:47 am
Alexis plops down next to him, legs everywhere, their hair pulled back into a low ponytail and still dripping water from...a bath, hopefully. There's always the possibility they dunked their head in the sink and called it a day, but that almost never happened before the hydrokinesis, and it happens only slightly more -- making the water do their hair but not drown them is, in and of itself, more than they have the talent for.

Ah, well. There's always next time. And they can hold their breath for an awfully long time.

"What's up?" They lean into him, seeking bodily warmth, shoulders tight. "Talked with Mercer today. Dumb idea."

azuredreams

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:20 pm
Nasir reaches and brushes the ponytail out of the way, a blanket slipped onto the shoulders and the hair outside of it as he puts an arm around them once they settle.

"Oh, ah ..." He rubs at his face, taking a drink and cracking open the bottle to take an ibuprofen because his head hurts (but not as much as it probably should have). "Trying to see through the eyes of my familiar?" he offers tentatively, trying out the lingo. Nasir is no where nearer to feeling like he's got a grasp on this than before they all lost that time.

"Did he-" Nasir starts and then stops. Warm brown eyes flick towards the ankle bracelet and then he sighs. "Try to find out what happened exactly? I've got some paperwork in the house you can look over if you want?" His arm squeezes, however, because he feels protective and sometimes he doesn't like Chief Mercer.

Even if he's toned down since Wil and himself had gotten into the magic side of things.

Daekie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:44 pm
Alexis nuzzles into his side, getting comfortable, pulling their legs up close after the initial sitdown and making sure to get the leg with the ankle bracelet properly hidden under the blanket. "Iunno. I barely know Noble terms, n' I am one. If it looks like a familiar, acts like one, 's a familiar."

At Nasir's question, they swallow. Hard. Their shoulders go rigid for a second. "Said he ain't gonna tell me, not with everything that's going on. I dunno if I wanna know, honestly. Preacher Maria -- y'know, the secretary -- said I can get the records by goin' an outside route, but -- I don't wanna do it by myself." Their voice drops, so very quiet, on the last bit of speech. It's still so hard to accept it's not weakness.

But they'd do anything for Nasir. Just not this, maybe. Not without his help.

"If you wanna look at the paperwork, um...can we do it together? And can I get a soda or a beer or somethin'?" Their smile is thin. Reedy. Wavering. "I always forget what you've got." They don't, but they want him to make the decision.

azuredreams

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:59 pm
"I might be a warg? Which means I have this familiar that I can sometimes see through it's eyes and stuff ... I don't really know what all I can do yet. Just trying to get the hang of it so I don't end up doing it at random again while I'm working or something." Nasir's hand smooths around their shoulder, squeezing lightly and tugging them closer when he feels the stiffening of their shoulders.

"If he's dealing with all the changes, he might not want to do anything that will bring attention, I guess ..." Not that that really helps Alexis and Nasir makes a bit of a face about an outside route but it's mostly because of the fact that the Alexis whose life was taken over had already caused some level of trouble.

Who knew what would happen if there was more? "I think the paperwork has some of the court stuff with it, so we can read it over? That way you know. It's better than not and there may be more conditions or something we should know about." He smiles at them, warm and soothing in the way on Nasir truly can be. "... and we're pretty much stocked on whatever you'd like. That's the same, at least." Beer, soda, tea, whatever.

Daekie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:36 pm
"I'd like that," Alexis mumbles, shifting closer. The pressure is nice - it's grounding. They're here, he's here, everything's okay. "Readin' through it together, I mean. Not right now, but -- sometime. When you're ready, n' I'm ready. And I get he doesn't wanna draw any more attention, 'cause he's old enough there's gotta be a s**t ton of changes to compensate for, but..."

They draw a long breath, eyes closed, just breathing in the night air. "You got any of that really good peppermint tea? That'd be nice, I think."

azuredreams

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:23 pm
Nasir squeezes Alexis lightly and nods. "Whenever you'd like. Just let me know and I'll get the paperwork out." It makes sense what they said, including the part about Mercer having a lot of changes to compensate for.

He brushes his fingers through their hair, finding a snag and gently undoing it. "Then we can head down to the kitchen as I definitely have a good peppermint tea. I got it from Equinox." The tea house that was now right next to Bibliophile.

Daekie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:36 pm
"Think I tried that before," Alexis says, mostly to themself. "...I don't think I'm ever gonna be proper ready for it, so...whenever you want, I guess. It'll be better that way. N' -- can we just stay like this for a bit? Just a few minutes?"

azuredreams

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:24 pm
"Just say when, alright? We can head in then." Nasir tilts his head towards Alexis, squeezing the arm around them. "... and I'll pick a day out to look at the paperwork too and let you know."

Since that was clearly a thing and he could decide when if necessary.

Daekie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:14 pm
Alexis snuggles tighter into Nasir's arm and the blanket, making themself small; their hair is still wet, but they're not good enough to fix that, even if they cared. "When m'hair dries off, if that sounds good...had a long day." They huff, all the air fleeing their lungs at once. "Not just Mercer. Just took a couple'v falls I could have avoided, 'cause I apparently don't know how to not trip over my own feet."

azuredreams

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:56 pm
Nasir laughs, something warm and happy and nudges Alexis in their side. "I would tease about a growth spurt happening because that's why I always tripped all over my feet." He quiets for a moment, head tilting and warm brown eyes looking at them seriously from behind his glasses.

"... but you must be feeling far, far off if you're tripping over your own feet." He's seen them at least one climbing and moving; they know their own footsteps instinctively.

Daekie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:04 pm
"Yeah, yeah, laugh it up," Alexis grumbles. "Not gonna get a growth spurt at 20, I'm not from that sorta genetics. But -" they're quiet for a second, too, averting their eyes. "The bracelet kinda messes me up. 'm not used to it - never worn anything on my ankle, so...the extra weight throws me off. 's not even that heavy, I'm just - really used to...not having it. Knowing my weight well enough I don't gotta question it. And now I gotta recalculate on the fly."

azuredreams

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:24 am
Nasir nodded, giving them another squeeze. Yet then, after they finished talking he was turning and wrapping them up entirely in his arms to hug.

"Can't be easy, I don't think, but you'll adapt and maybe that anklet will come off at some point." He paused. "... but then you'd have to adapt again." A sigh but he tucked Alexis's head under his chin. "Either way, look at it this way. You get hugs from me no matter what at the end of the day if things suck and you want them."

Daekie

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces