Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:34 am
She's either an American Bully or English Bulldog, not sure, older adult dog. Not in the best shape either.

She drinks like every 15 minutes, has inflamed patches of skin all over her, noticeably on her paws, which are swollen. Sh stinks and is very dirty. Her breathing leads me to think she is in some pain. I'd like to get her bathed before I try and take her to a vet but I'm not sure if I should. ??

I saw her this morning on my way to work and had a short staring contest. I felt bad for her though didn't think too much about it. I mentioned it to my husband and later on he text me saying he met the dog and she's on our porch. rofl
He wanted to let her in after feeding her 2 bowls of cat food (it's all we had) and a ton of water. When he did, the dog jumped right into the cat bed that was next to the door and hasn't bothered moving since.

If she's not too sick or injured she can have a good home here if she stays nice like she has been. I'd like to see what she's really like when she's in better shape  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:42 am
By the sounds of the way he looks, he may have been out on his own for awhile. And even though he appears to be mild mannered, you don't know how he might react to getting a bath and being groomed. A professional dog groomer would know how to handle that. But for starters, you probably should inquire with a vet or local animal shelter to find out if he's microchipped or not. And see if there's any Missing Dog notices for him. There may be someone out there who's missing him badly.  

Faerie KatrinaZ

Sparkly Fairy

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:50 am
Faerie KatrinaZ
By the sounds of the way he looks, he may have been out on his own for awhile. And even though he appears to be mild mannered, you don't know how he might react to getting a bath and being groomed. A professional dog groomer would know how to handle that. But for starters, you probably should inquire with a vet or local animal shelter to find out if he's microchipped or not. And see if there's any Missing Dog notices for him. There may be someone out there who's missing him badly.

Edited, puppers is a girl. XD
Seems to have probably had a few litters in the past. She has battle cropped ears so she belonged to someone at some point for sure. Not sure if they were a good owner or not. I live in a small neighborhood and I've never seen her around before

Dear lord she stinks. Not like your typical dirty dog stink, like sick dog stink.
I did try giving her a bath before I read your post. She was behaved but didn't like it at all so I got no where with it. It might have been too cold or the water just made her itch more or burn, not sure, she's missing so much hair around her torso and legs/feet. I gave her a baby aspirin in her food to relieve some pain.
Can't get ahold of the vet today dangit! All I could do was leave a message so far.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:28 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

Lemon Emperor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:29 pm
Best thing is to take her to the vet.
The vet will deal with the bathing and will also probably use flea treatments / other treated shampoos which will be much softer and helpful for the dog.
Plus they've got more experience in dealing with strays who haven't been bathed in a long while.

Then they'll probably look for any mites and other issues with her.
So cute that she just appeared in your porch as well after a while.

Another thing to consider!
When she's at the vet ask for them to check for an ID chip.
She may have gotten lost away from her owner (this does happen quite a few times with dogs) and can't find her way back.
If she has an owner - it could be worth asking for an ID check to see if she does have one, don't want to be stealing someone else's dog after all.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:57 pm
Lemon Emperor
Best thing is to take her to the vet.
The vet will deal with the bathing and will also probably use flea treatments / other treated shampoos which will be much softer and helpful for the dog.
Plus they've got more experience in dealing with strays who haven't been bathed in a long while.

Then they'll probably look for any mites and other issues with her.
So cute that she just appeared in your porch as well after a while.

Another thing to consider!
When she's at the vet ask for them to check for an ID chip.
She may have gotten lost away from her owner (this does happen quite a few times with dogs) and can't find her way back.
If she has an owner - it could be worth asking for an ID check to see if she does have one, don't want to be stealing someone else's dog after all.

So the vet might bathe her for me? Awesome emotion_awesome I've only ever took my stupid cats there, never a dog.

Because I have had insomnia the past few weeks gonk last night I was searching through as many lost pet sites/apps as I could find to see if she was in there. No luck on that. I am going to assume that only a caring owner would put a chip in their pet emotion_dowant but I will make sure.

Most of the hair missing on her body is on the legs, feet, belly and tail.

She seems kind of old, although her beat up appearance may only make it seem that way, it is really hard to tell. She makes low grunting noises at times so we can't discern if she is irritated by something or just happy about it. She just mostly sleeps and has probably had 1 hour of activity today, between getting up to eat, go to the bathroom and investigate the house a bit.

I have two guesses, either she got lost for a very very long time, or she ran away from a bad environment. She seems to have some form of indoor living experience though. Looks for soft, cushiony areas to rest, knows to go outside to do her business.

Upon closer inspection/investigation of her, she has the markings characteristic of Blue Heeler, the wrinkly big paws/legs of a Shar Pei with the stature and head shape of an American Bully.

I will try the vet again tomorrow even though it is Saturday confused  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

Lemon Emperor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:01 pm
Pwnder
So the vet might bathe her for me? Awesome emotion_awesome I've only ever took my stupid cats there, never a dog.

Because I have had insomnia the past few weeks gonk last night I was searching through as many lost pet sites/apps as I could find to see if she was in there. No luck on that. I am going to assume that only a caring owner would put a chip in their pet emotion_dowant but I will make sure.

Most of the hair missing on her body is on the legs, feet, belly and tail.

She seems kind of old, although her beat up appearance may only make it seem that way, it is really hard to tell. She makes low grunting noises at times so we can't discern if she is irritated by something or just happy about it. She just mostly sleeps and has probably had 1 hour of activity today, between getting up to eat, go to the bathroom and investigate the house a bit.

I have two guesses, either she got lost for a very very long time, or she ran away from a bad environment. She seems to have some form of indoor living experience though. Looks for soft, cushiony areas to rest, knows to go outside to do her business.

Upon closer inspection/investigation of her, she has the markings characteristic of Blue Heeler, the wrinkly big paws/legs of a Shar Pei with the stature and head shape of an American Bully.

I will try the vet again tomorrow even though it is Saturday confused

I'm subscribed to the youtube channel Hope for Paws which does a lot of rescue work for homeless dogs, in every video they show the vet washing the animal down, shaving them and checking for other issues. smile

The issue with tomorrow and the day after is the fact it's New Years, hopefully that won't mean the vets are shut. razz

I also don't think her last place was a bad environment, if she had bad experiences with her last owners she probably wouldn't be so calm and loving now towards strangers, she seems very trusting of you and the fact she came to your house and sleeps inside while also (im assuming) eats the food you give her means she probably was looked after well.

I hope you sort everything out, and if she doesn't have an owner then I guess the dog has just adopted you. :p Good luck~

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:07 pm
crapping holiday weekends gonk

It always happens, when you need a doctor its the weekend already crying  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:32 am
OMG she snores louder than anyone in the house! gonk

But, she certainly knows how to let me know she needs to go outside, it's the first time I heard her whine. Some house training is clearly evident now.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:21 am
gonk Awww, poor baby. Her nose looks dry, so she's definitely not feeling well, that's for sure. Please be real careful about giving human asprin to dogs, as it could cause stomach problems if you give them too much for their body weight. At any rate, I hope you can get a hold of your vet soon. With it being a holiday weekend though, they most likely are not open, but I would think they would at least provide an emergency contact number. Another option for immediate care might be contacting an animal hospital. My city has one that is open 24-7.  

Faerie KatrinaZ

Sparkly Fairy

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:17 pm
Update: finally able to take her to the vet today. She had a microchip!
Her name is Dolly Parton, lol 13 years old and normally an inside dog. Has an allergy to grass and on a gluten free diet. She had been gone for about a week and 1/2. I've had her for a week. The weirdest thing is her family's home is visible through a property across from my house. She never went back in all the time she had been with us and it would have taken her 1 minute to walk home!!

Anyway, she is with her owner now heart  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:53 pm
Aw glad to hear it worked out well!! Was the owner worried sick?  

Pickled Cactus

Enthusiastic Astronomer

20,125 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Energy Generator 250

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:21 pm
Pickled Cactus

The owner was excited to hear that she was okay! But I get the feeling they had perhaps prepared themselves for the worst since she is so old. Since animals normally wander off and hide when they know it is near their time. Someone at work today suggested that maybe her mind is going in some form of doggie alzheimers sad  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:34 pm
Pwnder
Pickled Cactus

The owner was excited to hear that she was okay! But I get the feeling they had perhaps prepared themselves for the worst since she is so old. Since animals normally wander off and hide when they know it is near their time. Someone at work today suggested that maybe her mind is going in some form of doggie alzheimers sad

True, that's so sad to think about. emo Since I own a puppy myself.
After she passed away, my grandmother's dog was looked after by my relatives, and she must be about 16 years old by now. She's already lost her sight and a lot of her hearing, mostly relying on her sense of smell. We're discussing whether we should put her down...  

Pickled Cactus

Enthusiastic Astronomer

20,125 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Energy Generator 250

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:18 pm
My 3 year old cat Chief (named after Master Chief - Halo) the debate around the house is how long he has been missing. Maybe at 2 days now....
I'm worried that he just hauled butt because he didn't like the stinky dog violating his territory, but she's gone now. Come home Chief!!

Weird thing is he is always a home body. Lazy friggin cat, sleeps with his belly out and legs spread wide, chow hound, biggest cat in the house with the wimpiest 'meow' rofl
I always said that when he passes away I was going to turn him into a rug, that way it was like he never left xp

Seriously,
I already lost 2 cats last year. Princess (momma of the current 3 that we have) and Buddy a little orange tabby that adopted us. Princess just never returned one day and Buddy, I found him outside in the yard crying we didn't have him very long either, maybe 3 months. I have a proper grave for Buddy but I only have one of those fancy glass solar powered yard lights to commemorate her, over Buddy's grave sad  
🎭Chatterbox

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff