Submit

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:35 pm
Her concussion had been comparatively difficult to deal with because it was hard to believe she'd had no reason for it - and because, really, as far as they knew Ashton Carver had just gone home from a full shift of shadowing; so having the same individual show back up an hour later with a nurse-in-training with a heavy concussion in period clothing was. Well. It was difficult to explain, and the best she'd been able to give anyone to satisfy them was someone had spiked her drink.

His drink. It was easiest, to pretend to be cis at work, and a third of the time it was true.

The full moon was long enough ago she didn't have to worry about things like the tail and ears, but with a couple of mild painkillers, it'd been her goal to stop by Bibliophile and speak to Zac for a few days now -- she'd just been unfortunate enough to never catch him on-shift. Besides -- there were some books she did want to read.

"Sorry - Bantock, right? Is there any chance you could help me with something?"

She was subdued, apologetic, polite - good traits, for calling an employee over. What he'd respond best too, probably, and if he didn't she could adjust.

endejester

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:40 pm
Bantock, that got his attention, especially since it seemed that people whom had not gone into the rift knew him by another last name all together.

"Zac." He said after a moment's open mouthed hesitation, and a small nod.

"Yes, absolutely. What are you looking for? What may I help you find?"
While he didn't stammer over the words, this time at any rate he was still who he was, and bit at his lip as though that could keep further words from escaping.

With the way magic was viewed in this world, this new strange world, he rather doubted he was going to get much of a popular response to his eyes.

Daekie

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:45 pm
"We have the same eyes," Ashton mentioned offhandedly. (They did, almost -- the coloring was the same, Ashton's were green and more galaxy-like than Zac's stars - but it was close enough.) "No, actually, I had a few questions...the first was if you have any suggestions for less popular young adult fiction? Or scientific journals, really. Anything. I need to catch up on my reading."

She quieted, then. "...but no, actually. I was...curious. About a few things. First, um..." It was faux concern. She really didn't care, but years of practice made it very, very convincing. "...the one who was...draping all over you in the rift. You're aware they're dangerous, right? But..I wanted to know if there was anything you could teach me about what you were doing. I don't have a lot of knowledge about such things."

endejester

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:02 pm
Zac's eyes were indeed most easily distinguished as stars, the galaxies and nebula harder to see unless he let you closer, but for most of humanity he was, well, disinclined to let you stand that close. Honestly it was just sort of creepy if you tried.

The question about Alexis, well that earned an arched eyebrow. Not the best start if he had to be honest even if it was well meant. "I'm aware, I mean, the teeth are something of an early warning." He replied quietly and firmly.

"And... when you say, what I was doing, do you mean..." He waved his fingers to indicate 'magic' without expressly saying the word.
"Because if you mean that, you might not information in the middle of a book store." he said quietly. "Given that it isn't looked on with express kindness."

Daekie

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:10 pm
"That's not what I mean," Ashton murmured, but seemed willing to let the discussion fall where it was for the moment. "Ah, yes - my first question, I promise, is real, but...I've been trying to catch you when you got off of work for a few days, and I'm afraid I was a little too early today. How soon does your shift end?" She brushed a hand through her hair nervously, chewing her lip, posture perfect for a worrywart. "I apologize if I'm a bother, really...but if you're free soon, we could move to the other side of things for a private discussion."

And reveal her were nature, if she hadn't already. It was -- more comfortable, there, to have the fur; like she didn't have to pretend with all this restraint like she didn't want to win at everything as badly as she did.

endejester

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:06 am
"I'm off in um..." He glanced at the time "... ten minutes?" He said, almost making it a question because he wondered if it would be good enough.

"I'm not sure what good I'll be for what you want to know but, I'll try." He said earnestly.

Daekie

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:09 pm
Ashton shrugged, ever so slightly, and replied with a "Works well enough." before sitting in one of the nearby chairs, nabbing a book from one of the nearby piles to read and pass the time. Judging from the slight curl of her lip, it might not have been an especially good book, but she was only reading it to pass time -- it was fine.

When ten minutes was over, she checked her phone before closing the book and putting it back on the stack, waiting patiently for Zac to come back.

endejester

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:35 pm
He re-appeared perhaps half a minute later, a bag slung cross body, a shifting weight inside that lifted one corner of the bag's flap to peer out with golden eyes, lightly ringed with silver grey.

"Mrrrp" Said the bag.

"Right um, yeah... eyes, and things." He said awkwardly. Social genius he was not.

Daekie

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:36 am
Ashton gave Mogget a soft smile, extending her hand to Zac as if offering for him to take it. "I'm not good with directions, unfortunately. Perhaps you could assist?"

It was veiled enough in common words that it might have just been any question for directions (or a small, precise amount of flirting), but it was a request to access other ashdown, and her eyes were dark and mysterious.

endejester

ashdown

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff