[prp] yesteryear (jack & temp)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:03 pm
Given the bizarre new surroundings, texting out of the blue didn't feel particularly awkward to him anymore. Even fringe people like himself had to feel a connection to everyone else involved, like they had all been part of a deeply buried conspiracy. New memories or not, he couldn't shake the feeling of being other that didn't involve having magical powers. (Although that too, even in this new universe, seemed to be an oddity.)

So he texted Temperance a few times when he guesstimated she wasn't at work and eventually asked about meeting with her. A cafe was where they eventually settled on, and he arrived early that afternoon to avoid the snow, rubbing his hands as he settled into an empty booth. Jack settled his duffle bag next to him and waited, declining anything beyond water when the waiter stopped by.

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:18 am
It was kind of odd for Jack to contact her, but with everything that had gone on, she couldn't say she was too surprised. He'd been one of the ones to stay behind, holding open the way back or whatever. The differing eras - it seemed like people had experienced the 20s, the 60s, and the 80s - were nt something he'd been privy to, unless Sunday had provided those left behind with some kind of scrying pool.

Temperance tugged her hair into a ponytail as she entered the cafe. Jack was easy to spot, as always. With a soft sigh, she slid into the booth opposite him. "Hey Jack, how've you been?"

medigel

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:35 am
"Simultaneously fine and not fine," Jack replied. "I traded off coffee for smoking. Coffee." He just realized he hadn't ordered one when he sat down and rubbed at his face like he was warding off a headache. "I'm assuming you've been faring about as well?"

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:19 am
"Smoking?" She made a face. "Are you kidding me?" Temperance flagged down a waitress and ordered a coffee for herself.

"Doesn't seem like much has changed for me, to be honest. It's kind of weird..." She shrugged. "I thought there would be some kind of horrid upheaval, but now I don't even know if certain events happened or not." Her fingers rubbed nervously together.

medigel

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:30 pm
"I wish," he grumbled.

After taking of sip of water, Jack unzipped his duffle bag. "Took some trips through the Internet and the library, try to verify the date and all. Time technically passed in the same manner, but there are a couple of things missing."

He took out a certain packet of pages, shuffled them into order, and presented them to Temperance. It was the date of the Blackfriars incident, but there wasn't one word about a police stand off. In fact, everything seemed to had gone swimmingly.

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:09 pm
Temperance shook her head, smiling a little. "Time to change habits back again, I guess." She looked at the pages he slid over, shuffling through them. A waitress dropped by and she ordered a coffee without any qualms. Caffeine was an important subsection of the food pyramid.

As scanned the page, her expression slipped into a frown that deepened and deepened. "Wait... did... the incident at Blackfriar's not happen? Or... was it, it just covered up?"

medigel

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

ashdown

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas