• Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:47 am
User Image
Sally Seffia
HIGH CONCEPT
Insatiably Hungry Enthusiast

Sally is a very hungry girly – for knowledge, for new experiences, for friends, for appreciation, for love, for art, for food... just about everything but success and social advancement. She is also a well of endless energy and verve, and sometimes an intensity that can be off-putting. This all comes together to make Sally dedicated, hard working, friendly, and a little bit socially awkward.

TROUBLE
Unsupportive Family

Sally's sister, July, gets more attention, love, and appreciation than her in all situations. Sally loves her sister too, but it is frustrating to always be compared negatively to anyone, even beloved family.

While her parents seem to think July is studded with diamonds and wonderful at everything she does, they are constantly critical of Sally: They do not support her hobbies, her passions, or her attempts at school, and constantly passive aggressively put Sally down. A common refrain is “Why can't you be more like your sister?” or mother or father, for that matter. Sally can't do it, and doesn't know how to try.

She doesn't know why her sister is so loved and admired, while she is so scorned. July is smart and talented, but Sally isn't so bad herself. She knows this. So why, then, do her parents not appreciate her? This frustration means that, behind that big smile and bounding enthusiasm, there is a lot of self-uncertainty. After all, what can she be doing wrong?

POWER
Diets do not Apply

Always remains at a constant, average, weight no matter how much (or how little) she eats. This has no effect on her overall level of hunger.

ANYTHING ELSE?

► 17 years old, going on 18, and doesn't particularly care about social constructs like age.
► Sally loves to play on her acoustic guitar. She's pretty good at it, but her parents would prefer her to play something more classy like the violin or cello, or not go into music at all.
► Likes to eat food, but not cook it. Her parents have tried to push her into the kitchen to cook her own food and “be independent” (which they don't do to her sister), but she can't really do anything competently besides prepwork. She's pretty good at prepwork and has good knife skills... but that's about it.
► Cheerful and awkward, Sally loves people and really wants friends. She's not shy, either – she likes to walk up to people and say hi. Or, alternatively, people watch from a distance when she's not feeling it.
► Sally loves movies, especially scary movies. Would rather watch with others than alone, and would rather go out than stay home, though she's up for anything. To her, movies are special.
► Favorite food: ALL OF IT but no seriously, popcorn with real butter. It's fantastic.
► Least favorite food: NONE OF IT but no seriously, cake. She does not like cake, and doesn't really know why.
► Little Sister: July Seffia, 11 years old and a little brat. She's not a bad kid, but the sibling rivalry is strong with this one. She loves Sally and Sally loves her, but she can get away with a lot and she takes full advantage of that. Generally pretty average, but thinks she is a lot more because their parents coo and adore over her so much.
► Sally doesn't remember much before July came along - little child memory and all - but she doesn't think she got much more praise then either. For some reason, her parents just don't like her.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:04 am
Hi! Welcome to Ashdown! Please give Sally's power a name and specify her age somewhere in the profile (16+)!

DraconicFeline

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:03 pm
Silverah
Hi! Welcome to Ashdown! Please give Sally's power a name and specify her age somewhere in the profile (16+)!

Hi, done!

How does she look?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:25 pm
I'm not a first-round reviewer, so I will refrain from commenting, but I will call in someone to give her a look! smile

azuredreams

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:00 am
DraconicFe1ine

hi! sorry for the delay! the holidays ate me.

high concept - looks good to me!

trouble - while i see where you're going with this, there is something missing from your trouble. troubles are just that - they trouble you - but they also are things that we want to see how they affect your character both internally and externally. you've touched upon this in a couple places but i'd really like to see some internalization of how this is affecting sally as well as how this makes her act in her social life. this kind of unintentional sibling rivalry created by the parents often leads to insecurity as well as a host of other issues. i don't think it'd take much to cover it but i want to see more of sally in this trouble (because we are seeing a lot about her parents and her sister).

power - not entirely sure about her power. dreamer powers are often something the world does for you, not something that you do yourself (or in this case, something her body is doing for her). this power would also only have been active upon her BECOMING a dreamer, so prior to 'approval' she would have had weight fluctuations. give me a little bit to think about this power and i'll let you know!

PS - quote me back and put review back in the title when you're ready for me to come look again!  
quests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games