Reply 💡Site Feedback and Ideas
honestly there should be more crew and vice

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

HyphyMexican XIII SSC

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:15 am
in a guild of over 1600 and you have like 3 crew and a vice and the captain, your spread pretty thin really. why dont you get more crew and vice in here anyway? im in one guild on gaia that has 31 members and it has 4 crew and 2 vice and 1 captain and all i can think is this guild needs a ratio much more like that, ok i give you that such checks and balances are needed in that 31 member guild im in. for various reasons but seriously why isnt there more crew and vice in here?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:05 pm
XxiHyphyMexicanxX
in a guild of over 1600 and you have like 3 crew and a vice and the captain, your spread pretty thin really. why dont you get more crew and vice in here anyway? im in one guild on gaia that has 31 members and it has 4 crew and 2 vice and 1 captain and all i can think is this guild needs a ratio much more like that, ok i give you that such checks and balances are needed in that 31 member guild im in. for various reasons but seriously why isnt there more crew and vice in here?

We have two vice and 3 crew actually. Given the activity of the guild as it is, there really isn't a demand for more crew members. Everyone here is usually pleasant and well behaved if they are active so moderating isn't really something we do anymore either. Not that adding to our crew is out of the question.  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

Qwertea
Vice Captain

IRL Gaian

11,725 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Rat Conqueror 500
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:22 pm
Back when the guild was super active we had more chiefs to help run things. But now that our guild isn't as active we don't have the need for so many cheifs in our village. Besides we might have 1600 people in our member list but we do not have 1600 active people posting, we only have a handful. A ton of people in our guild quit Gaia because of the old CEO, we should probably clean out inactive people, but that would be a huge project to do.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:01 am
Dogoda
Back when the guild was super active we had more chiefs to help run things. But now that our guild isn't as active we don't have the need for so many cheifs in our village. Besides we might have 1600 people in our member list but we do not have 1600 active people posting, we only have a handful. A ton of people in our guild quit Gaia because of the old CEO, we should probably clean out inactive people, but that would be a huge project to do.

Maybe do it slowly but surely? :3

Kome101

Benevolent Gaian

23,675 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Qwertea
Vice Captain

IRL Gaian

11,725 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Rat Conqueror 500
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:03 am
Kome101
Dogoda

Ain't nobody got time for that!

But on a serious note it more than likely will not happen or at least happen anytime soon. Lanzer came back and old members might return, we're not banning for inactivity when the site is in process of reviving. Lots of old Gaians are returing, I've seen them post in the gcd, sf, and welcome to Gaia forums.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:10 pm
XxiHyphyMexicanxX CR

Unfortunately 90% of our userbase only shows up during events or when they can win something. We are a very inactive guild so the crew we have is more than sufficient at the moment. When we are more active we open applications for crew but no one ever applies.  

Neshira Namea Returns

Josies Champion

19,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250

Kome101

Benevolent Gaian

23,675 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:13 pm
Dogoda
Kome101
Dogoda

But on a serious note it more than likely will not happen or at least happen anytime soon. Lanzer came back and old members might return, we're not banning for inactivity when the site is in process of reviving. Lots of old Gaians are returing, I've seen them post in the gcd, sf, and welcome to Gaia forums.

Lmfao!
If it was my guild it would bug me, and I'd make time for it! Xp
(Not at all trying to say that you guys need to, just that It would bug the snot out of me rofl )

Ahhh, makes sense. I didn't think of that. ^-^

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:33 am
Kome101
Dogoda
Kome101
Dogoda

Lmfao!
(Not at all trying to say that you guys need to, just that It would bug the snot out of me rofl )

So many people come to learn what is going on in here like me. It helps me keep informed and I appreciate it. I would hate to be kicked out because I have not posted. And in my guild in the last couple of days a few people I have not seen in a couple of years have come and posted. I never ban for inactivity in it since people do have RL's and the way Gaia has been has pushed people away. Which hopefully more will return to the site if they fix the economy.  

angelic snow angel

Angelic Warrior

Kome101

Benevolent Gaian

23,675 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:30 pm
angelic snow angel
Kome101
Dogoda
Kome101
Dogoda

Lmfao!

So many people come to learn what is going on in here like me. It helps me keep informed and I appreciate it. I would hate to be kicked out because I have not posted. And in my guild in the last couple of days a few people I have not seen in a couple of years have come and posted. I never ban for inactivity in it since people do have RL's and the way Gaia has been has pushed people away. Which hopefully more will return to the site if they fix the economy.

That is true, but there are also way's to handle it.
Such as a guild sending out an announcement saying that they are cleaning house, and asking people to post in a thread in the guild that they link so that they arent kicked out.
And then they give people from a few weeks to a month or something to post, because, yeah, IRL does happen.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:47 pm
Kome101

We have about 2000 members in one of my guilds, but we try to make a a rule not to remove anyone because we have had plenty of times where someone joins and then starts posting a year later. If we ever do get rid of anyone it's only if they have 0 posts and joined more than like 2 years prior. I don't like looking like we're so big when we only have between 15-30 "active" members these days but it's also real tedious to get rid of people haha. Oh we also have the normal bannings if needed and we try to remove mule accounts since they are against guild rules.

Honestly there should be a better way to do this, the sorting isn't bad and helps but first off you have to resort after every person and second it's one at a time, even when you only want to do 30 members to clean out a small guild that would take a little bit and you would get tired of it. Makes me think that a multi select option might be nice, or a more in depth way for VCs and Captains to do maintenance on the guild.

sorry i think i'm trailing off again and I better stop because my what to change in guilds might go on endlessly haha.  

lief_7

nuGen Staff Lead

22,875 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50

angelic snow angel

Angelic Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:48 pm
Kome101
angelic snow angel
Kome101
Dogoda
Kome101
Dogoda

Lmfao!

That is true, but there are also way's to handle it.
Such as a guild sending out an announcement saying that they are cleaning house, and asking people to post in a thread in the guild that they link so that they arent kicked out.
And then they give people from a few weeks to a month or something to post, because, yeah, IRL does happen.

Then if they come back and they were kicked out do you think they will request to come back to a guild? I do not see that happening. Also lots of people opt out of messages.
I have one question how does it imporve a guild by clearing the member's list?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:44 pm
I don't plan on removing anyone for inactivity at the moment. Unless they joined years ago and have 0 posts that is. As someone who often forgets guilds exist I don't think it's necessary to do so here. People come here for reasons other than to post.

I would love more activity but I 100% understand that RL happens. Trust me, it happens a lot to me!

If we get more active i'll re-open the applications for crew (and I'm considering hiring a recruiter anyway) When the thread is open I always send an announcement and anyone over 18 is welcome to apply.  

Neshira Namea Returns

Josies Champion

19,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
💡Site Feedback and Ideas

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items