Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hogsmeade
Magic Clip Hair Salon ~OPEN & HIRING~ Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:04 pm

User Image
User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Magic Clips is a new hair salon designed with your needs in mind!
Come to have your hair look and feel fabulous and refreshed!
Got a wild mane that need tamed of just a styling for that new outfit?
How about a whole new color?

Come on in you be feeling great in a jiffy!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:16 pm
Prices

Adult cut (17+)------------------------------------3 Galleons
add style--------------------------------------------10 sickles
add wash-------------------------------------------7 sickles

Teen cut (13+)-------------------------------------2 Galleons
add style--------------------------------------------9 sickles
add wash-------------------------------------------6 sickles

Child cut (under 13)-------------------------------1 Galleon
add style--------------------------------------------free
add wash-------------------------------------------free

Additional services

Basic coloring------------------------------------4 Galleons
Bleaching----------------------------------------3 Galleons
perms--------------------------------------------4 Galleons
Hair Lengthening--------------------------------2 Galleons

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:20 pm
Magic Clips Employees

Owner
Chad Archer

Stylists
Chad Archer
quote kungfudemoness for service
Zoe Quimby
quote kiska166 for service

Maintenance

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:22 pm
START OF YEAR SALE!!!

25% off all services!

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:49 am
User ImageUser Image
User Image

Chad grabbed the key from his pocket, he had a short lanyard on it but even so it be hard to mistake this key for anything else. All the construction had been completed and it was time to open up. He knew his parents would be flying here in a week and would want to come see his new business. He admittibly took more after his mom than his dad but he was lucky enough to have them both. They helped secure some of the furnishings. Apparently one of his mom's competitors had failed and they bought up all the stuff for dirt cheap. In any case, today was opening day and he needed to get set up.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:52 pm
User Image

I can't help but feel like I'm one in a m i l l i o n
                                          I'm worth all the c r a p that I'm putting you through

╔════════════════════════════╗
                                          Zoe Quimby

Beauxbatons Alumna - Nineteen Years Old - Pureblood - Free Spirit
                                          ╚════════════════════════════╝

Zoe opened the door to the salon, pink hair half up in space buns. It took a little while to find this place, since she was new to England and had not yet had a chance to explore and familiarize herself with all the cool wizard towns. However, she managed just fine so far. The French woman didn’t think she really needed to dress up to apply – especially since she wasn’t expecting an interview off the bat. As far as she knew, the owner wasn’t even in today. Zoe imagined she’d drop off her resume and be on her way to spend the money that she didn’t have. Ugh, I need a job, she thought with a slight shake of her head, her hair following in motion.

Upon noticing a man sweeping up hair in the shop, she approached him with a smile. “Hi, excuse me. I was wondering if you’re hiring?” she asked, waiting for the man to accept her resume and tell her he’d pass it on to the manager. On a side note, he was pretty attractive – Zo would not mind working with him every day even if he was quite a bit older than her. Oh, who cares. Age was just a number after all.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

User Image xxxxxxxxxxx User Image xxxxxxxxxxx User Image

Kungfudemoness

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:45 am
kiska166

░▒▓█►─═ Chadwick Archer ═─◄█▓▒░
Owner of Magic Clips Hair Salon

Chad was sweeping up after one of the routine summer cuts the client decided the long hair was actully detrimental in the summer heat. Normally he would have his broom sweep for him but he didn't have much else to do today. It was a slow day for which Chad was thankful. It had been busy this summer. He had considered putting a hiring sign out front. A day off here and there would be awesome. He did infact love his work and didn't mind doing it every day. But it made doing anything else hard to do. He heard his shop bell and set the broom to continue sweeping. "Hey welcome, how can I help?" He greeted. Oh she was seeking employment? "Yeah actully. Oh let me see." He said noticing she brought a resume. It had what would be typical for someone of he apparent age. "Are you aiming to be stylist or shop assistant?" He asked more than willing to do a quick interview.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:44 am
User Image

Zoe Quimby

Zoe waited a brief moment as the dark haired man looked over her resume. As there wasn’t much on there besides her schooling and the occasional odd jobs, the woman bit her lip lightly and only stopped upon being asked a question. “Definitely a stylist. I style my own hair, actually,” she added quickly. Most people who even knew how to style hair were never able to do their own, so Zoe hoped that would help her since she does such an amazing job (in her opinion). The last time she had changed her hair, she made it pink and dip dyed it blonde. Most of the ends have grown out and have been cut off by this point, but at least her hair looked pretty healthy for someone who destroys it constantly. Magic sure was useful for that.

Besides playing with her own, however, Zo hadn’t had any experience with hair. She hoped that wouldn’t be an issue for acquiring this position as she was sure she’d be able to learn how to treat different types of textures. Hell, she had to start somewhere and she was certain that he hadn’t any idea what to do with other peoples’ hair when he started his career.

Kungfudemoness

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:38 pm
kiska166

Chad listened to her answer. It would be nice to have a fellow stylist. She did her own hair pretty good. "Got any formal training or self taught?" He asked hoping the question wouldn't be too intimidating. He was ok with either honestly. He was greatly considering her. He was thinking bring her on and see how training went. It be good to have a younger face around the shop

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:43 pm
User Image

Zoe Quimby

Zoe shook her head quickly upon being asked the proceeding question. “Self taught,” she answered before explaining a bit more. “I grew bored with my regular brown hair when I was a student, so I experimented different styles and colours, and eventually, I got pretty good.” For the first while that she was learning and practicing, her hair colour was pretty patchy. However, that was something that the man wouldn’t find out about – at least not today. Zoe realized she still hadn’t any idea what his name was, and – oh, s**t – he didn’t know hers either. “My name’s Zoe, by the way,” she said, sticking out a hand to formerly shake his. “Zoe Quimby.” She hoped dearly that she didn't ruin any first impressions by not properly introducing herself at the beginning of their conversation.

Kungfudemoness

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:22 am
kiska166

Chad nodded and listened. Oh the good trial and error method. Sounded like his first few classes when going to school for hairdressing. "Was just about to ask actually. You'll have to forgive me I don't do many interviews. The names Chad by the way, Chad Archer I own this joint." He said politely returning the hand shake. He was pretty positive she do just fine. He have to see her in action though to be fully sure. "Well honestly I think you would do just fine here. The summer is the big rush with a steady slow stream the rest of the year. Winter we tend to get more styles and coloring than really anything. If you can survive the summer rush you can stick around." He said with a smirk. He was happy to have another stylist on board.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:50 am
User Image

Zoe Quimby

Zoe paused for a moment. She supposed this could be an interview; she just wasn't prepared or dressed for it. Although how well did someone really have to dress to get a job as a hair dresser or stylist? And it wasn't like she was dressed badly. Her romper and sneakers made for a very cute (but casual) outfit. And although she didn't prepare for any interview questions, she knew she wanted to get into hair styling, so she didn't even really have to prepare any answers, either. "Pleasure to meet you, Chad," she said as they shook hands. What d'ya know? It turned out that the dark haired man actually was the owner of this place. A large smile crept onto her face once he had said he thinks she'd do fine working here. "Challenge accepted," she said with a sly smirk. Zoe had no doubts that she would be able to handle the summer rush. In the past, she was able to come out on top of more difficult situations than customer service could even ask for. "When do I start?" she asked eagerly. It wasn't that she was eager to start working, because honestly who was eager to work? The pink haired woman just needed to start getting income.

Kungfudemoness

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:59 pm
Miss Gryffindork

Chad had decided to close up shop early today. It was Finley's birthday and chad wanted to make it special. It was the first birthday with his new son so it needed to be good. He ha spent the most on the gift an got a small cake from the bakery, he had even given Zoe the day off. after closing up and a closing clean he went to the stairs that lea to their home above the shop. "Hey Buddy, come on down I got something for you!" Chad thought he heard the boys trumpet. Hopefully, he liked the new one he had gotten for the gift. the kid deserved a good non-rusty trumpet. While waiting he moved the table from the waiting area and two chairs. by the time Finley would come downstairs he would be in a party hat and one would await finny by a small table with 2 chairs "Heey! happy birthday buddy"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:05 am
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Magic Clips Salon
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Chad... Dad
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Birthday Party?
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? This is really sweet

Finley had thus far spent his eleventh birthday just... sitting alone in the apartment he now shared with Chad - his dad? - though the walls still felt strange to him. A few nights he'd woken up in a panic because he'd lived so many years at Wool's that anywhere else was different. Last night was different, he'd been up all night worrying that he wouldn't get his Hogwarts letter. He was pretty sure that he'd never done magic, which was pretty much a sure sign that he wasn't a wizard at all.

After a while, he crawled out of bed, but Chad was working downstairs, so Finley was left to his own devices. He cleaned up his room a little bit, then ended up laying back in bed to play some melancholic jazz. He'd not had a birthday party in forever, so why was it so much harder now? After what felt like forever, he heard Chad's voice call out. He paused in his playing just long enough to catch the man's final words ushering him to the shop. Great, he'd probably have to sweep up hair or something too. Maybe Chad had just... forgotten? He'd only been Finley's dad for a couple months, so it was entirely possible...

The boy slid on his grungy converse, not bothering to fuss with the laces at all. He trudged down the stairs, tripping a bit because his hair was getting long again. Psh. He pushed open the door of the shop, looking surprised when he saw Chad standing beside a little table. The man even had on a pointy party hat. Finley walked over, a small smile forming on his lips. "Thanks Cha-...dad. Thanks." The words sounded a bit forced, but he was determined to start calling the man his dad. It was only fair. Morose brown eyes looked up expectantly, not really knowing what to do at a birthday party. He hadn't ever really had one, after all.

Kungfudemoness

Mᴀʏʙᴇ ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴛᴏʟᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ɪs sᴛʀᴇɴɢᴛʜ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ sᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ꜰɪɢʜᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴘᴏᴜʀɪɴɢ ᴏᴜᴛ
Bᴜᴛ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴜɴʟᴏᴄᴋ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴀᴛᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴋᴇᴇᴘs ʏᴏᴜʀ sᴇᴄʀᴇᴛ sᴏᴜʟ, ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴇɴᴏᴜɢʜ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ᴅʀᴏᴡɴ?
Iꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ꜰɪɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ꜰɪsᴛs ᴀʀᴇ ʀᴀᴡ ᴀɴᴅ ʀᴇᴅ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ʙᴇᴀᴛɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟꜰ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟᴇɢs ʜᴀᴠᴇ ɢɪᴠᴇɴ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴇɪɢʜᴛ
Iꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ꜰɪɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ'ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ sᴇᴛᴛʟɪɴɢ ꜰᴏʀ ᴀ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴏꜰ ɢʀᴀʏ sᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅɴ'ᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ꜰᴀᴄᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ʜᴀᴛᴇ
Iꜰ ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡɪʟʟ ʟɪsᴛᴇɴ, ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴇᴄɪᴅᴇ ᴛᴏ sᴘᴇᴀᴋ, Iꜰ ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ɪs ʟᴇꜰᴛ sᴛᴀɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴀꜰᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴏᴍʙs ᴇxᴘʟᴏᴅᴇ, ɪꜰ ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡᴀɴᴛs ᴛᴏ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ
Fᴏʀ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ ᴀʀᴇ, I ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ʜᴇʀᴇ sᴛɪʟʟ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:52 pm
Miss Gryffindork

Chad chuckled a bit as his son seem surprised he had a tiny party. He did appreciate the effort Finley was doing to call him dad, it was nice. "Grab a hat it's a party!" He said holding a party hat to Finley. take a seat I gotta grab something." he said before slipping just out of view to one side of the shop. he had safely hidden the cake mostly from himself and carefully placed the candles in it. Carrying the cake sized for two, he in hindsight should have opted for two number one candles and not eleven candles. Was this a fire hazard? Did his insurance cover birthday parties? "Wouldn't be a birthday without a cake. I had them use as much chocolate they could legally get away with" Chad said placing the cake on the table. He produced two forks that had been safely tucked in the waist apron he usually wore for work. "Before we dig in though..." Chad using a bit of wandless magic, lit the candles "You have a wish to make."

Hogsmeade

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff