[PRP] Welp, This is New [Zac/Juniper]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:07 pm
She hadn't expected that. Going home and finding it wasn't her home anymore. In fact, the apartment that could barely be called an apartment didn't even exist. Apparently it had been switched to storage for other tenants since the room was considered 'too small' to rent out. Which, to be frank, wasn't at all untruthful. She was lucky to fit in her bed the studio. There was room for little else besides the necessities.

But it had been hers. Now it wasn't and...

What the hell did they all do with their magic?

She had been at a complete loss on where to go. She had nothing besides the clothes on her back. Where was she suppose to go? Her parents? God, she hadn't wanted that.

And then she got a very curious text from Zac which led to the blonde standing outside, ringing the doorbell. She was still in the horrible 60's clothing that, though it wasn't completely out of her range of taste, certainly looked well lived in. Not to mention there was a bit of blood smeared on the blouse from cutting open her hand to help with the sigil.

Maybe I can crash on Zac's couch for the night? Then I can focus on figuring this problem out tomorrow.

endejester

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:24 pm
He opened the door and stepped to one side as soon as he saw her. Familiar enough with her face that he let her inside with little comment.

“Hey… are you alright?” He asked softly. “…I um, I can give you clothes to change into.” He added. “Be careful though alright? I got home and there was another cat, it’s not Autumn’s…. and, well I mean if it was there would be more flowers, there isn’t any of her moss or…” He shook his head anxiously.

“I mean, they were both white but, hers was like, an ‘other’ cat.” He rambled even as he fished to one side to offer her what he’d texted her about. It was several pieces of mail, but they were all addressed to her.

Kolina

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:43 pm
"Um, well I apparently don't have an apartment anymore? And according to some of the people who were my neighbors, there never was an apartment there before. And...they had no idea who I was?"

Juniper brows furrowed as Zac handed her not one, but multiple pieces of mail. It only took a quick scan to see that they were all labeled for her, to Zac's apartment.

"This is really strange. Why is my mail at your place? And so much of it. The only sort of mail I ever get is bills." She paused at the notarized letter but didn't open it right away as she turned her attention to the idea of fresh clothes.

"Oh god, clean clothes would be great. And a shower?" She knew she was being very needy at the moment but she needed some way to center herself again and fall fully back into the era they were back in. Their era.

"Wait...Other cat? And how can there be a different cat here?" No sooner did she say it did she see a white mass of fur hurrying across the floor to her, before entwining itself between her legs, rubbing his head on her. "Star?"

She looked up at Zac. "Why is my cat here?" She reached down tho scoop the feline up into her arms. "Is this the strange cat you were talking about?"

endejester

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:57 pm
Zac stared at the cat, and then back at her. “It, that’s your cat?” He blinked as Mogget trotted happily out after Star to greet the ‘new’ face.
“She was here when I got here, I thought maybe that Autumn’s cat stopped growing plants, I mean autumn is like, a Disney princess, she sings and birds appear and everything. I thought maybe we accidently made her garden growing cat normal or something.”

“…C-come on, I’ll show you the shower. I’ll fetch some clothes too, or you can just pick from my closet and see what fits.” He offered.

Kolina

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:24 pm
"Yea, his name is Star." She smiled fondly at the feline, scratching at his ear that had the odd star-like marking that gave him his name. "I was worried about him with the apartment being...well...not there...and all." Blue eyes traveled from her own furbaby to the other one that had come to investigate.

"Whoa...ok, well, that's...er...interesting." She remarked about Autumns description. "Not that I would much mind that. I love animals and all." She smiled and knelt down to pet the other cat.

"Mmm clothes, yes." She smiled. And after giving both cats another scratch, she placed Star down and stood back up.

As she followed Zac to the shower, she glanced around the apartment. The main living room was cozy. Very cozy actually with warm drapes, well loved blankets, a tapestry...

Juniper stopped and stared at the tapestry that depicted a large tree-of-life in green on a motled beige background. It wasn't loud, in fact, it was soothing to look at.

And it was identical to her own. What were the odds of that? Probably very slim.

But Zac had shown her to the bathroom and Juniper's mind quickly settled on the idea of being clean and in more comfortable clothes. She could deal with this mess afterwards. "I literally will wear just about anything at this point so long as it's clean and not from the 60's." She smiled. "So whatever you have that you don't need right now, I'll be good with."

endejester

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:34 pm
“I’ll let you pick when you’re done if that’s alright, I’d just… I don’t know. I don’t think I’d be that good at coordinating right now.” He admitted.
“Like, this place is still IN the same place, but it’s all kinda, off, my room is different, the doors are …off I keep running into things when I don’t pay attention. One of my walls is old brick now, which is super pretty but, it wasn’t before!”

He rubbed at his arms and shook his head. It was silly to worry about those things, but it was his ‘home’, a familiar place turned strange. He wondered, if he returned to his Mother’s house if it would have changed as much there too.

Kolina

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:47 pm
"That's...that's so weird. We haven't been gone so long either that things should have changed so much." She shook her head and sighed. "But yea, I'll grab something to wear after. Then we can...sit down and try to hash this out."

With everything she neede dint eh bathroom, Juniper left Zac to play with the cats (if that was what he was so inclined to do), and happily deposited her clothing in a heap on the floor, before hopping into the shower. The water was exactly what she needed. It felt like years, literal years, were being washed away and she indulged herself a little to bask under the warm heat.

When finished, she dried, and wrapped herself securely in a towel. Her hair was damp, but she felt clean. And no longer felt like she smelled. In fact, she now smelt of honey and vanilla.

"I love the fact that you use the same vanilla and honey stuff as I do." She said to Zac as she left the bathroom. "I mean, the entire line too! I wasn't aware you liked all natural soaps and shampoos. Unless it was your roomies, then, that's cool too."

endejester

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:07 pm
He tipped his head. “I… don’t?” He blinked. “She didn’t? I mean she… she had some really cool shampoos, but I don’t remember it being vanilla and honey, I’m just not a vanilla fan and…” he peered at the shower things, his were there, but the others.

“Those aren’t…” He blinked and frowned.

“I mean maybe they are but, they aren’t mine.” He shook his head. “The whole décor of the place is, just different.”

Kolina

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:27 pm
Juniper just stared at Zac for a long moment. "I..." She bit her lip. "Zac...what..." She ran a hand through her wet hair. "This is really weird. I mean, legit weird. Your roommate isn't here, her cat isn't here, things have changed, my cat is here, my bath stuff is here and, if that isn't your tapestry hanging up in the living room, then that'smine as well..."

"What did we do?" She looked at him seriously. "I mean, think about it. I don't have an apartment anymore. It just...doesn't exist. My s**t is here...well...some of it anyway. My mail is coming here. Addressed to here."

"Did something happen? We weren't gone that long? How could so much stuff be off and different." She shook her head and leaned against the door frame. "I mean, Zac, my apartment doesn't even exist and my neighbors have no clue who I am. Plus you said yourself your apartment has changed in subtle ways...

endejester

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:42 pm
“…Autumn still exists, she’s in my contact list.” He said after a frantic moment of checking his phone. He pulled up her contact information and scowled. Apparently she lived… well, the address wasn’t HERE anymore, and he knew it had been.

“I um, I’m finding the lease.” He said taking one stumbling step.

He turned and went to the kitchen drawer where it had been ‘important shared paperwork’ drawer they called it. It also contained spare pens and a roll of plastic wrapped duct tape. It was a junk drawer when you came down to it.

He fished out the lease and stared down at the names.

His, and…

Juniper.

“What the hell?” He whispered.  

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:51 pm
"Well I didn't say she didn't exist." She said lightly as Zac went in search of the lease. She pushed away from the door frame, adjusted the towel around herself to make sure it wasn't going to come undone and walked over to where Zac was.

"What is it?" She questioned as he looked at the lease with a stunned look. "Zac?" She moved to try and peer at the paper from above but wasn't having luck reading signature upside down, but...

"wait a minute...is that...my signature?" She squinted at the bottom of the page.

"Something is way off. I mean....way off. How could this happen?" She bit her lip, worry in her eyes. "Was it something we did in the past? I thought what we did there wouldn't affect the future? In fact, we were told everyone these would forget about us."

endejester

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:55 pm
“I was just, I was worried because of Sunny and…” He let it drop again remembering that he hadn’t been able to find people when he flipped through that book of photos.

“I don’t know, I think, I think when we made the sigil it changed the whole world, so in that way we perhaps, changed things.” He frowned.

“I guess? I mean, in the 80’s there was magic everywhere, it was pretty common, like Liam was just casually using it in the park.”

He shook his head thinking, he never really stopped thinking and sometimes that was a problem.
“I wonder if they remember that era at all. They were nobles at the ball I think, and they might. Good luck getting answers though."

Kolina

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:21 pm
"No it's alright. We're both a bit stressed out." She sighed and smoothed out her wet hair with a hand.

"It's...It's strange that the world has been changed. I mean, that totally makes sense of my missing apartment and the fact that we apparently live together. But it's just weird not knowing how this all happened? I definitely don't have any memories of anything besides what I've always known.

"The next question is, how much has changed? Is it just stuff pertaining to those of us who were there or personally affected by the sigil? Or is it broader? I won't lie, the idea that magic may be universal knowledge isn't terrible in my book."

She tilted her head slightly. "Who are you talking about?"

At that precise moment her towel decided to try and unravel itself and she just caught it in time. "Alright, hold that thought. Let me get some clothes on. I am assuming I am in one of these rooms..." She stood up from the chair and tried one of two doors she hadn't been behind yet. It seemed she chose right the first time as in front of her was a bed she was very familiar with, as well as the tragedy that tended to be her bedroom.

It didn't take her long to reemerge from her room after she disappeared inside of it. She had opted for a pair of maroon leggings and an over-sized, chunky knit sweater that hung off her shoulder revealing the strap of a black sports bra she had opted to wear underneath. Her feet were comfortable wrapped in plush, fuzzy grey socks.

"Alright. Now that there's no fear of me baring it all for you, how about we go sit down somewhere comfortable and chat about this?" She walked over to Zac and gently took hold of his arm to guide him to his...their couch.

"Now, who were you talking about earlier? I am...not very versed in the history of Other Ashdown or much of what happened before I got magic, so you'll have to be patient with me." She gave him an apologetic smile.

endejester

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:59 am
“I think it’s going to be hard to find out how much changed personally, like in our lives without seeming like we’ve lost our wits.” He said shaking his head concerned.

“I… Mentioned Liam, Liam is Renard’s Husband, Renard is the one who came through the door in the void. He and Liam are ‘Sunny’s Father’.”

He imparted the information with the sort of air that said he wasn’t sure just what kind of ‘fathers’ he felt they were from previous history.

He rubbed at his arms and glanced at her.

“I should, I should ask kind of what you know so I can tell you what I do, or at least as much as I’m pretty sure of.”

Kolina

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

ashdown

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out