Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hivestuck

Back to Guilds

Homestuck inspired troll related b/c 

Tags: homestuck, troll, breedables, mspa, alternia 

Reply Alternia RP
[PRP] Oases and Burning Desert Sands (Garand + Polair)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ImaginationsParadise

Alien Garbage

21,050 Points
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:49 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
"I have always loved the desert. One sits down on a desert sand dune, sees nothing, hears nothing. Yet through the silence something throbs, and gleams...”

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:44 pm
Somehow, Polair could never stay out of Chittentown. Something drew her here every time she'd hop on a train and made a quick stop there. Tonight however, she was looking for another excuse to stay outside longer than she should. The ocean was a fine and quiet place to live, yet there was so much she could do here! So many trolls she could visit...

So many experiments to conduct!

Ever since she was a child, the highblood had always theorized the effects of modified sand and crops-- thinking it could be one of many innovative forms of agriculture. So she decided to put her theories to test and chose a nice patch of sand, in the middle of no where, and conducted her experiments. That was a few months back. Polair couldn't wait and observe the results. Accompanied by two drones, she made her way back to said spot. They followed the land marks she'd placed before, just to find the experiment had been a success!

She couldn't believe it. The blind troll carefully knelt down in front of the little sprout that slowly grew, and carefully touched the stem while the drones got the equipment out. Her bracelets gave out a low hum moments before she sent a pulse towards it to register the little object's location. Oh my glub... I can't believe it... This is so exciting! Wait until the scientific community hears about this... This sweep's junior Noble Prize, will be as good as mine! She mentally squealed.

Oh but she had to focus now, and not daydream. Focus Polair, focus!

KitsuneAura
thank you for your patience!!

ImaginationsParadise

Alien Garbage

21,050 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:54 pm
The night had started as a normal enough trip out into the desert in search of ruins or, in his lusus' case, old burrows. It had been a long time since they'd strayed out this far in this direction, but Garand had been getting restless with his studies back home and that meant more hands on adventures were what he needed. When he first stumbled over one of Polair's landmarks, he hadn't known what to make of it, but he and Pan had quickly been able to see trolls had been through the area recently. Curiosity had won out, so the pair had started following the tracks.

He saw the drones first, of course, and then the girl. Drones he had seen plenty of, but a purpleblood was- No, not just a purpleblood. A seadweller! In the desert? His mind raced, trying to figure out the why's of her presence and the equipment the drones were unpacking, but then she knelt and he followed the movement down to- The blueblood gasped, forgetting everything but that little green bulb growing out of the sand.

"Be careful!" The words were out before he'd had time to think about them, a rare occurrence for Garand, but she'd reached out to touch the plant and he'd been afraid she was going to pick it out of the ground. He moved forward, casting a cautious glance at the drones to see if they had any problem with him doing so. "I've never seen anything like that grow here before."

ImaginationsParadise

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:57 pm
Polair quickly pulled her hand back as she heard a warning and tried to find out where the sound was coming from. The drones helped her a bit with that, which most appreciated, she didn't need the assistance. She could it herself. Somehow. One of the drones asked her if she was alright, having this young troll here while she was conducting her experiment.

She didn't have a problem. She never had to be honest! Polair shrugged and let them come near her and the little sprout. His statement made her glad, her decision wasn't a bad one.

"That's because this type of plant normally doesn't grow in these conditions." She smiled as she gestured Garand to take a closer look. "It's a common plant specimen found in Civisect City, a Beach Rose. It's a suckering shrub that can grow new plants from the roots and forms dense thickets 1 to 1.50 metres tall with stems densely covered in numerous short, straight prickles 3 to 10 millimetres long. The leaves are usually 8 to 15 centimetres long, pinnate with 5 to 9 leaflets, most often 7, each leaflet is approximately 3 to 4 centimetres long, with a distinctly corrugated surface." The highblood explained. Such information should always be given to others.

"Do you like it? It's pretty small, but the little thing did a big breakthrough growing here in the first place." So proud was Polair, proud that nature did it's best to adapt.

KitsuneAura
Sorry for the wait!!

ImaginationsParadise

Alien Garbage

21,050 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:50 pm
Garand moved in closer once the drones and seadweller had given him the go ahead, kneeling on the other side of the flower from her. He nodded matter of factly at the confirmation that the flower didn't typically grow out her, committed the name of it to memory, and then struggled to hold on to the numbers that came after, in case they were somehow important to the process of getting it to grow anywhere. He'd head down to the library one night when he went into town for supplies and see if he couldn't find a book to cement the information.

"It's amazing," he agreed and Pan echoed the thought in a squeak from his shoulder. He admired the little flower another moment before raising his eyes back to consider her. There was still something else he wanted to be clear on. "You're not going to pick it, are you?"

ImaginationsParadise

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:53 pm
"You mean the lovely specimen? Of course not!" Polair chuckled out. Did the child really thought she'd carelessly pluck out this magnificent plant out of the modified sand? It was such a funny thought! After all that hard work, she wasn't simply taking it hope for it to die. No, she had to study it night by night to see how it progressed.

"You see, I'll just observe it. After all, I did made it possible for it to grow into a seedling. Nevertheless I will allow others to observe my specimen as well, but only after it has matured a bit more." And, after she claimed her Junior Prize of course. She sat down now, motioning to her drones to place the equipment where it goes while she spoke to the blueblooded child.

"Since you've asked me a question it gives me the right to ask you one as well kid. What are you doing far out here? It's dangerous for a child." She said with a hint of concern. Kids could be so vulnerable sometimes. Not that it was her problem, but just a fact.

KitsuneAura

ImaginationsParadise

Alien Garbage

21,050 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:01 pm
"It's dangerous for anyone," Garand countered, with a glance to the drones she had come out here with. It was possible she'd recruited them simply to carry that equipment, but he doubted they weren't prepared to protect her as well. "I've got my lusus." Pan hopped off of his shoulder, waving to the seadweller before getting a closer look at the flower as well.

"We were exploring and saw your tracks." There was always something interesting to be found out in the desert, but he hadn't been expecting her and her experiment. "Don't usually run into anyone out this far, so we got curious." After another moment of consideration, he settled down more comfortably by the flower as well. He wanted to look at it as long as he could before he had to head back towards his hive, and she hadn't told him he had to leave yet.

But she'd also opened herself up for more questions, if they were going one for one. "How'd you do it?"

ImaginationsParadise

Alternia RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff