[PRP] Lost & Found (Cynril/Stryke)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:46 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

When: Sometime after the events of the Mansion, and the trip to the swamplands.
Where: The swamp surrounding Salamire Outpost.

it's alright now... i know place where it's sssafe.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:11 pm
Another night in the swamp was underway, and Stryke had work to do with his cartography project he was working on. The map he'd been working on detailing still had some work left to be put into it, but it had given him a reason to explore his surroundings. With his knapsack filled with supplies for his trip was strapped to his back. Stryke had a pen and journal in hand as he was wandering around occasionally glancing at a compass he'd brought with him from his hive back in Chittentown. Pausing in his trek, his boots sank in the mud. Humming thoughtfully he quickly scribbled down a few details before flipping the page several times to jot down some notes. It was the yellowblood's intention to note the local fauna, and plants should the Outpost need supplies in case of an emergency. Some things were being brought in, but it was always possible that could always be jeopardized.

Once he'd finished fussing with his journal he slipped it into his robe before zipping it up. While the heat of the swamp was uncomfortable, he'd shed many of his extra clothing layers to accommodate for the climate change. Stryke began walking again, leaving the path to wander into another section. He kept his daggers close, he was never certain when a waiting daywalker ready to try and make their shambling, gross move. Or smiling swamp parents...there was many dangers lurking within the marsh lands.

Caution at every turn was always advisable.

Giving a small stretch he rustled past some of the local plant life. Stryke scowled, wishing he'd brought some kind of book on plant life. He knew a thing or two about herbs, but he wasn't a master on the matter. It wasn't like he was hungry, it was more annoying he wasn't sure if the berries were good or not.

Checking them off, he kept moving with no real direction in mind. Stryke didn't leave landmarks; it was too dangerous to help make too many guides back to Salamire. "hmm..let's try thisss way." He mused to himself. His lusus was back on the walkway outside his hive; lazily bathing in the moonlight.The yellowblood had been noting the direction and landmarks in his journal as he went. He knew when he needed to be back for patrol duty; with his watch it was easy enough to keep track of time. Thus leaving him to spend his time for the now how he saw fit. The adventure kept him away from his new hive and books he had gathered up, but it was a necessary trip he'd planned for several days ago.

ImaginationsParadise
figured you wanted to get the how at least he got to the village lol c: hope this works!

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

ImaginationsParadise

Alien Garbage

21,050 Points
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:36 pm
Cynril trekked on, forgetting the directions Regina had provided him with. He huddled his bag of supplies, which reminded him he was running low on them. It was his fault though, as he got excited with having food on him. Maybe it would've last at least a week or two, but because of his actions, the supplies would only last for one more night. After that, well, Cynril didn't know what to do.

"M-maybe I should turn here?" The child said to no one in particular. Yet he really didn't trust his decisions. Cautiously he dragged his feet, feeling drained and tired. The place itself was terrifying, the swamp itself was a dangerous place to be in, and he had to go through it alone to get to the safe place. Suddenly, he heard a low growl, which only made him pick up the pace without thinking twice. He heard something chase him, probably one of the white beasts that detested him so much. The child ran as fast as he could, until he tripped over a rock, tumbled his was down a small slope and he fell to a puddle of mud. He felt a sharp pain on his side, did he dislocated a bone or got stabbed by something sharp? It was beyond him, and the mutant couldn't even sit down to check. Breathing heavily with his supplies held tight, Cynril began seeing stars.

This was it then? Had he gone to far? He was too tired... Maybe he should....

"H-h...." The words seemed to hide in his throat. Not that calling for help would be of any use anyway.

Maybe he should just give up and die. Yeah, just give up and...

I-I can't... My morail... I made a promise....

"Help..." He coughed out, grunting and saying as loud as he could.

"HELP!"

leon_a_darkangel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:23 pm
Stryke heard the initial pathetic call for help, although he wasn't exactly sure on the direction. Coming to an immediate halt, he scanned his surroundings frantically, trying to discern the direction the plea had come from. He wasn't sure who it was, only that they had asked for help. It came again shortly after, pained before becoming a loud frantic sound of terror. His feet moved before much longer, running left from the area he'd wandered into.

Hitting a section that dipped down into a slope, Stryke stood there chest lightly heaving from the quick run. His eyes traveled down to a rather pathetic site, one that made his throat tight and pump biscuit pound painfully. A tiny child was curled up around what appeared to be supplies. Coughing, mud soaked and asking for help.

Not even the growls of the creature near by bothered him. Stryke moved down the slope, his boots sliding in the mud as he put himself between the child and the glowing eyes in the swamp. The psionic's body glimmered with a light yellow and orange glow, the potential danger setting off his senses into overdrive.

Determination gave him confidence to stand in the face of danger. "ssstay close, i'll keep you safe." Stryke glanced over his shoulder, partly leery should the child's lusus deem him a threat. From the looks of things, this creature meant the boy harm, leaving him to assume it was not friendly given the growled snarls. Stryke held his daggers gripped tightly, as he turned his full attention on the cat-like monkey monsterosity. However, the sudden bright light sent the creature scurrying back away from them as it's loud growls faded.

The energy around the teen's frame faded as he moved to crouch down beside the fallen troll. "are you injured? where is your lusssus?" He inquired as he inspected the child , patiently waiting expectantly for an answer.

ImaginationsParadise

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

ImaginationsParadise

Alien Garbage

21,050 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:24 pm
Cynril kept his bah of supplies close to his aching and tired body and remained still as Stryke confronted the beast. If he pretends to be dead, then everything would be alright, right? Oh no, apparently not. The older troll fully acknowledged his pitiful self. With teary eyes, the child wiped his tears from his cheeks, sat down and looked up to the other, slowly moving back as he still felt threatened.

He threw some questions at him and Cynril took a moment to reply. He was lost for words, as always, yet he didn't want to be disrespectful towards the other. He couldn't give him reasons to cull him. His stomach grumbled, making him fidget a bit as he tried his best to answer. "I-I... 'm f-fine..." He probably had a few scratches and burns from the ball, thankfully his cloak covered those up. "M-my lusus they're..." Cynril looked down at his bag and brought it up. "I-in here!" He lied. Really he couldn't think properly with an empty stomach, nor being tired as hell.

leon_a_darkangel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:00 am
Stryke simply let the child stammer out what he wanted to say, and nodded his head in understanding. He seemed to be clutching a bag of some kind like it was life or death. His teary eyed expression brought a pang of emotions the older troll wasn't sure what to do with. This child was extremely frail looking, and was small much like he'd been at that age. Stryke did not push the space boundaries as the little one backed up. Stryke did not blame him. Hearing his stomach rumble Stryke felt himself frown ever so slightly. The idea of anytroll being hungry wasn't a pleasant thought. He'd tried stealing before to correct a problem like that.

However what came out of the kid’s mouth next silenced Stryke completely. His lusus was in the bag...?

Staring at him then the bag for a long moment the yellowblood as his brow raised. Waiting as if he expected it to do something he quickly observed that unless they bag came to life..or moved (which it did neither). The child wasn't being honest for whatever reason. "ssso your lusus is in the bag hm?" He asked trying to keep the sarcasm from his voice. Reaching for his own rucksack he pulled out a half bread loaf and cheese he'd brought with as a trail snack. "regardless. i have some dried meat on me if that isssn't enough, and water." He offered with an outstretched arm, seeing as placing it down wasn't feasible with the mud.

"ah. where are my manners? my name is stryke nvrmor." The psionic offered politely with a gentle hint of a smile. Maybe he was one of the wigglers their Mother Grub had recently? The brief glimpse he'd gotten of the kid in the light of his power had revealed a unusual discoloration peppering his face. Stryke wasn't sure however, it might have been the lighting. He continued to observe the boy before asking too many personal questions just yet. The child was obviously terrified.

ImaginationsParadise.
sorry if this quoted you a few times i was so tired when i wrote this last night lol. hope this works!

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

ImaginationsParadise

Alien Garbage

21,050 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:26 pm
"Yea'!" Cynril nodded. To be quite honest, Jerem could probably fit in there with enough thought. Being an imaginary lusus gave them the ability to do weird things. "Th-they're really i-in 'ere." He whined. All he had to do was make them "appear" and he'd be off the hook. Unless he didn't and this troll would take offense and cull him for it.

"I-I'm Cy- Cyn...?" His eyes perked up as the other searched through his bag. Just as he was preparing to run for his dear life, Stryke pulled out half a loaf and cheese. Cynril stopped and watched him bug eyed. He even let his sack down as he nearly stumbled towards him!

Never had he seen such well preserved food in his entire lifetime. Except, well, when that big finned mutant gave him the sack of provisions-- but he had forgotten that at this point. The child dragged his feet as he got even closer, taking a good look at it, he wasn't imagining things right? The tealblooded mutant gazed when to the yellowblood, eyes indirectly asking him if he could really take these.

He didn't deserve to take the food but... It looked so, so good! With a shaky hand, he took the cheese and the bread, blinked, looked at Stryke again, his gaze went back to the food. Letting his hood down, Cynnie stuffed both things in his mouth and slowly nibbled on it. It felt so good on his aching gums and tasted so good-- the plastic tasted good, therefore the food must taste even better!

leon_a_darkangel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:42 am
Stryke stared at the small boy with some amount of disbelief and surprise. Could a lusus really be that small? Or was the child perhaps...without one as he originally thought? He wasn't really sure. It was a sad thought. As odd as SkinkDad had always been he was glad for his support. Nodding then Stryke watched the other to see what the boy would do with his offerings.

He seemed so feeble..he must have been traveling for awhile. Stryke remembered being exhausted after running through the swamp for nearly three nights straight. It had been awful. For a tiny child such as this one, Cyn as he called himself surely had to be hungry. Stryke didn't have to wait long, with wide eyes the little both items he offered. Calmly Stryke retrieved his water canteen and offered it out as well.

However, he realized the boy was eating plastic of all things. Hunger was not a pleasant experience...but that seemed silly. "woah there... hold on. plastic will make you sssick. let me help you." He moved closer, inching really as he took the cheese back with a gentle tug. Stryke unwrapped it before offering it back to the boy. "there. it'll taste even better without the wrapping." Stryke smiled gently.

Stryke studied the boy's face, noting the discolored teal freckles. They hadn't been his imagination. A sinking feeling in his stomach of realization told him exactly, perhaps why the little boys lusus in a bag didn't move. "once you eat and drink... i know a place we can go that will be safe. there are other trolls like you there."If he was of mutantblooded origin... it stood to reason why he was alone out in the swamp. As to how he got here was beyond him, however.

ImaginationsParadise
Wanda!!! im so sorry I made you wait so long for a reply ;;

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

ImaginationsParadise

Alien Garbage

21,050 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:17 pm
The child put a bit of resistance at first, but as he realized Stryke was taking the plastic wrap off the food, he accepted it. Cynril was glad, the food did taste even better! He sat down on the ground as he cherished every second of having something edible and delicious inside his mouth. Cynril didn't even noticed the older troll studying his face, as he was just to concentrated on eating and drinking. Though he did hear him say something about a safe place... Then he remembered the paper, the one Regina gave him. His savior told him to give it to the big mutant and, who knew, perhaps it was him?

"O-oh... ok!"
He nodded. Without hesitation, Cynril stuffed the remaining food in his mouth and searched through his things. Once he found the note designated to the big mutant, he handed it to the older troll. "A-are you the b-big m-m-mutant? I-I... I-I think this i-is for y-you..."

The note said:
This is for the mutant boss! If you're not her, eyes off!
Hey stinky, it's your favorite pal!
No, not the greenblood, the one who saved you from your horrible imprisonment in Busthind. We had a great time then you pushed me off a ledge. No hard feelings though. Look what I found! Another one of you!! Maybe there's some kind of chemical in the public supor causing weird birth defects? Obviously not one of the chemicals I'm adding, lol. Sorry if you got this off a corpse, I tried my best to make sure it got to you alive.
Smoochies! <3<

leon_a_darkangel
dw, Its ok!! <3

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:54 pm
Stryke let him be as he ate, leaving him a few moments to try and decide what to do. It was fairly clear he would need to take him with. Leaving the child out here would be a death sentence. Before he could really get too deep into thought the smaller troll had finished eating. Blinking at him, he tilted his head at his question. The big mutant? No. He was not, however, the boy seemed to think so.

Pursing his lips together he lifted the note up so he could study it. Initially, he felt his throat clench upon the initial glance. The mutant boss. Her. Was this letter addressed to Byakko? He usually would have stopped there and put the letter away. However. Stryke' s eyes fell on the bottom of the page. The "Smoochies <3<" made him uncomfortable. Without meaning to, he found himself quickly read over the note. While it was rude, he couldn't help but be curious. While it's origins as to whom had written it was vague, it was enough to make him stare back at Cynril. Whatever this mystery was, it left him feeling more confused than before he read the note.

Although, there was no question about it now. This child was a mutant, and he would personally deliver him to the Phoenix Initiatives leader along with the letter. It was folded and neatly tucked in his pocket.

"no. i..am not the big mutant. however..she isss a friend. come on. we have a walk ahead of us." Adjusting his bag, he took a few steps back, coaxing Cynril to come with him with a wave of his hand in a gesture to follow.

ImaginationsParadise.

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

ImaginationsParadise

Alien Garbage

21,050 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:08 pm
"Oh... o-okay!" He wasn't who he was looking for, but at least he knew her. All was good. He still had a chance, he could still live, he could get to his destination and make his dead morail and the former note and food giving mutant, happy. She wanted him to get there, she couldn't do it herself because she wasn't very much liked; honestly he couldn't imagine why, she was so nice! It was ok, everything would be ok.

He had Stryke now.

Blinking back to reality, Cynril took notice Stryke's gesture and nodded his grimy head and followed him. That night he debated weather or not to take hold of his hand, or at least ask for help to get back on his feet. Licking his lips several times, just so the magic of satisfying his hunger wouldn't end just yet, the child stood up clumsily and tried his best to regain his posture.

He failed a couple of times sure, but the little mutant wouldn't give up.

"Um..." Well, he did give up rather quickly. The child still had a lot to learn before being able to take care of himself. So the child stayed on the ground, looking up at the other troll with arms up as he expected him to lift him up. "Can y-you help m-me?"

leon_a_darkangel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:57 pm
Smiling patiently Stryke waited for the other troll. He could only guess as to what he had been through, especially without the care of a lusus. It was perplexing, more so than the fact this was the third mutantblood he'd met in his life. Regardless. Like many of the children of Salamire, Stryke felt the need to somehow protect them..especially now. In a world such as Alternia, it was a miracle Cynril was still alive.

It was going to be alright. Stryke would keep this little one safe. Soon they would be back at Salamire Outpost, Byakko would know what to do.

Stryke could tell he was weak, especially as he struggled to even stand. His expression turned soft as he appraised the little boy. Letting him stand up, and fall a few times he gave him a concerned look. A gentle smile returned to his features as the child reached up for him, and asked for help. "hm? yesss, alright i understand." Stryke walked to Cynril, reaching down to lift the small child up off the muddy ground. Drawing him into his embrace, he tried to figure out how best to hold a child.

He had never picked sometroll up before, let alone a small child.

Settling for supporting him on one hip, he carefully curved an arm around him leaving his dominant left side free, just encase he needed to grab his dagger. Shifting he studied the little troll now in his arms. "i know the way, try not to fall asleep. the nightmares aren't worth it. once we meet with my friend, i'm sure we can get you a recupracoon to rest in." He carefully pulled the trolls hood up over his head before walking with him. The extra weight for the small yellowblood was unusual, but not impossible to work with.

ImaginationsParadise
feel free to reply if you want, but i'm going to go ahead and setup the follow up rp to this c:

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

Alternia RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces