Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:19 pm
User Image
Welcome to Soquili's Edited Pony Hiring Event!

We're looking to hire some talented colorists to keep this shop alive and active. We need people to paint some ponies, from customs to breedings and pre-mades for events; from edited to unedited; from full size to familiar! The thing is, we can't do this without you.

This thread is going to be Edited Soquili Colorists only! If you can't edit a template then this hiring event is not for you, sorry! We're in need of people who can edit and edit regularly -- if you don't have a lot of time, or RL regularly eats you, then this place isn't going to be for you. We need folks who can dedicate some time to the shop and its customers!

Round One
Starts: Now!
Ends: 11-18-16 @ 1pm EST!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:23 pm
Hiring Information

In this thread we're looking to hire the following:

Edited Soquili Colorists:
Individuals who are able to color full-sized pets, as well as edit them to our standards.

We do have a few rules and notes we'd like you to consider, just so you know what you're signing up for, and what we, on staff, expect.

1. Please be able to take constructive criticism. Until you're a Senior colorist, your work will have to go through group Quality Control. If you take customs, the customer might ask for tweaks, changes, or revisions to work you are proud of. We will never be cruel, but criticism is going to happen and if you can't handle the feedback, this shop will not be a good fit for you.

2. Please be active and available. Please be honest with us if your schedules get too crazy and you need to change your availability. Also, please don't try out if you really don't think you're going to be around to color for us. While we understand RL happens, and unexpected surprises can pull you away, to get hired, only to quit or simply go MIA (and still be active in other shops) is frustrating for staff and fellow customers alike. If you can't finish making 4 to 6 edited soquili within six months, then you're not going to do well here. We require our edited colorists to get out their finished quota within six months of rolling it!

3. Please remember, this is a customer service position. You will be dealing with customers, especially if you take customs, as well as dealing with your fellow staff members. A friendly personality, and being an ambassador to the shop are traits we're looking for. Check your drama at the door and remember to be civil, regardless how you feel about people. We get that some people just don't click, or get along, and maybe you don't like fellow staff members. All that said, we are all volunteering our time here and you will be expected to deal with people you don't like civilly. We're a team, so please, keep the drama private.

Availability

We're looking to hire for any of the following availability:

Full-Time: 3 customs/freebies (depending on rotation) =OR= 2 breedings once every two months

Semi-Quarterly: 3 customs/freebies (depending on rotation) =OR= 2 breedings once every four months

Bi-Annually: 3 customs/freebies (depending on rotation) =OR= 2 breedings once every six months

You can always do more than your hired availability, but please note that you need to let Mindsend and Uta know if that availability lessens. If you can't get us your quota, you might risk being let go. You can always do more than the above per quota, but you should not do less.

Quote:

We will only be hiring the following levels to start:

Rookie This is where all of our colorists start. They are allowed to create pets for freebies, flaffles, and mockbreedings. After you complete a successful Wishing Star Event, with Mindsend and Uta's approval, you can then begin to take on customer Breedings and Customs.

Promotions up the rank will happen as you continue to stay active in the shop and produce quality work.

Perks and Payment
So the big question is, what do you get out of this? Not only do you get to join and be part of a pretty awesome staff, but your efforts help keep the B/C community (and this shop in particular) thriving! Additionally, working with all this talent should allow your own color and edit techniques room to grow!

When it comes to payment, you get to keep 100% of breeding and custom pay. You also get to keep 100% of credit paid bribes. You get to keep 90% of personal auctions, personal paid raffles, personal breeding bribes, and 90% of most other 'big payout' events. The reason we take a cut is so we have gold to be able to pay and reward our non-colorist staff.

Additional perks include gaining monthly credits, which you can cash in for pets for yourself or others.

Uta

Shy Mage

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:27 pm
Rules for Entry

1. Please read this entire front page before you enter!
2. If you have questions or concerns, please PM them to Mindsend or Uta.
3. Please only use your own art in all categories! If we catch you using art you did not color or work on, or stealing others art, you will be punished severely. We have a 0-tolerance for art thieves. Besides, we want to see what you can do, not what someone else can.
4. Please remember your style is going to have to match our templates. This is not to say you cannot have your individual touch, as every colorist does, but understand, you might be asked to change a style to be more fitting for the lines we have.
5. Please fill out the form in its entirety.
6. If we have a hard cut-off date or deadline, please follow it. You might be DQ'd if you miss it, even by just a few minutes.
7. We will perform background checks on potential hires and cross-check references.
8. You do NOT have to have worked in a B/C shop before, or a previous colorist, to enter.
9. We understand sometimes people don't get along, and mistakes have been made in the past. We will not hold past mistakes against you, but do understand, if you have a drama-filled background, or we get many complaints from previous employers, this might dampen your chances of being hired.
10. We at Soquili do not need to explain why we choose the hires we do, or justify why we did not hire someone. We do not have to give details on why one was not picked. Please note, that even if you are not hired now, this does not mean you shouldn't try again during future hire events.
11. We will have various rounds, and people will advance accordingly. This process will take a few weeks. Please understand there will be deadlines, and people who miss them, will be DQ'd.
12. Please be aware you're going to need Photoshop, or some sort of photoediting program to color for soquili. If your program doesn't handle the lines, file type, or open up folders and layers, this might not be the best choice. You'll also want AIM so we can get a hold of you outside of Gaia/PM.
13. Please do NOT use the templates for references in customs, for other shops, or for personal use.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:29 pm
The Rounds

Round One
Starts: Now!
Ends: 11-18-16 @ 1pm EST

If you are interested in trying out to become a Soquili colorist, please fill out the following to the best of your ability! Please use the proper heading and post at least three samples!

The Sample Template can be found here:

Please note that if opening folders is going to be a challenge, we're sorry, but we don't have any non-foldered templates. All soquili templates have folders, so if you can't open them, then this job probably isn't for you.

Additionally, we will be giving our new hires pets away in a raffle once hiring wraps. Please do not make OCs or concepts you wish to keep, as we will be giving the pets away.

Edited colorists, please edit as you wish -- the items are optional.

Please use the following code to enter for Round One:

[center][size=24][color=dodgerblue][b]Getty'up Pony![/b][/color][/size]
[/center]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Availability?[/b] Full-Time, Semi-Quarterly, Bi-Annually
[b]Do you have Instant Messenger?[/b] Y/N
[b]Are you open to being hired as a familiar colorist or Color Only role?[/b] Y/N
[b]Have you worked in other shops on Gaia or the B/C? If so, which ones?[/b]
[b]Can you list three references to either past Gaian employers, or people who will vouch for your behavior?[/b] If you have never worked in a B/C shop, or your old employers have long since quit, can you please list names of people we can contact to query your background on Gaia?
[b]Why do you want to join Soquili?[/b]
[b]Please post at least three samples using the template provided![/b] All three must be edited!
[b]Other miscellaneous art you've created:[/b] (This can be personal works, or past pets created/colored, etc. etc. This is optional!)

Uta

Shy Mage

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:41 pm

Round 1 Entrants:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:42 pm
If you'd like to help promote, please use the following sigs:

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=25036109][img]http://oi15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/soquilipets/Mind/graphics/editedlSmallrbanner.jpg[/img][/url]

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=25036109][img]http://oi15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/soquilipets/Mind/graphics/editedlargerbanner.jpg[/img][/url]

Uta

Shy Mage

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:47 pm
Open!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:40 pm
Posting now to commit to it XDD. Will edit in samples as they come

Getty'up Pony!

Name: Fatal Irony
Availability? Bi-Annually
Do you have Instant Messenger? Y
Are you open to being hired as a familiar colorist or Color Only role? Sure smile
Have you worked in other shops on Gaia or the B/C? If so, which ones? Yes! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back I worked as a color-only colorist at The Fox Hole owned by Yayoi, and then for MANY years I worked as an edited colorist at Faekats owned by Meeki.
Can you list three references to either past Gaian employers, or people who will vouch for your behavior? Sure! Meeki, though I don't know how often she gets on Gaia anymore. Yumitoko, Yayoi, certainly. xX Green Tea Tree Xx for behavior, .Tortured. .Pumpkin., and really just about anyone in the shop XD
Why do you want to join Soquili? I always wanted to, honestly. I loved working for Faekats and really enjoyed making people happy with art. Doing something creative was always enjoyable.
Please post at least three samples using the template provided! All three must be edited!

1. Edited Female 1 - Full || Edited Female 1 - Naked

2. Edited Male 1, Full || Edited Male 1, Naked

3. Female Edited 2 - Full || Female Edited 2 - Naked

4. Edited Male 2

OK so when hiring was around last time I had made these and if hired I wouldn't mind them being thrown out and given out too smile I'll still obviously do 3 edited ones!

Unedited 1
Unedited 2 || Naked

Other miscellaneous art you've created:
Original art Work in Progress
Soquili humanized fanart
Super old OC art
Faekat commission
Faekat Breeding
Faekat Breeding (Brother to above)  

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

cursedandwandering

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:50 pm
Gonna edit in samples as i finish them up. P:

Getty'up Pony!

Name: cursedandwandering
Availability? Bi-Annually (I'd definitely try to do more, but i work a lot so i don't want to sign up for a higher availability when i may randomly get busy).
Do you have Instant Messenger? No. I prefer to use Facebook and Skype, but i can certainly sign up for something if needed.
Are you open to being hired as a familiar colorist or Color Only role? Familiar colorist yes, color only no. The editing is the part that really interests me more than the coloring.
Have you worked in other shops on Gaia or the B/C? If so, which ones? I recently opened one, but that's it.
Can you list three references to either past Gaian employers, or people who will vouch for your behavior? Fea Line, Astraea Pandora, Alanna the Pirate Queen
Why do you want to join Soquili? I've always wanted to work in the B/C, but never had the courage for it. Soq is one of the places i've always thought had beautiful art (even if i don't post much) and i enjoy creeping on it. I sort of wanted to be a colorist here ever since i saw the Inferno pony King made a million years ago.
Please post at least three samples using the template provided!

Female1
male1
female2
male2

Other miscellaneous art you've created: Check out my b/c shop i linked above. Plus i have an Instagram (which i'm linking over deviant art as i'm much more active on there).  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:45 pm
Getty'up Pony!

Name: elfstar89
Availability? Semi-Quarterly
Are you open to being hired as a familiar colorist or Color Only role? Y
Have you worked in other shops on Gaia or the B/C? If so, which ones? ...Hoo boy...this'll take a bit...Dream Dancers, Godar Dragons, Aerithe, Turn Out, Cein Isles, as well as a few that haven't/didn't get off the ground; I think there may've been a few others, but they were a looong time ago. oO
Can you list three references to either past Gaian employers, or people who will vouch for your behavior? Most of my employers and co-owners have moved on, buuut...Ice_Dragon_Demon and Heavenly Snow can vouch for my behavior, as can pippi18848
Why do you want to join Soquili? I stumbled across Soquili right around the time I joined the B/C, and I've hung around since, through thick and thin, getting to know folks, running plots, developing families. I realized a long time ago that I wanted to color here, but didn't feel that I was quite ready until about a year ago, when I just missed the opening round of the last hiring event. My style's still changing as I find new things I wanna improve, especially with my shading and lighting, but, at last, I feel that I'm just starting to be able to come close to compare to the phenomenal work of the Soquili colorists down the years.
Please post at least three samples using the template provided! All three must be edited!

Midnight Jackalope
Palouse | Palouse nekkid
Steam Belle | Steam Belle Underdressed
Hawaiian Shark Deity | Hawaiian Shark Deity Birthday Suit

Carousel with Flowers
Midnight Breeding <---Unique horns
Fairy Tale Brambles
Arabian Nights
Norse Omens | No Familiar <---Unique wings
Whimsical Fruit of the Vine <---Unique wings  

elfstar89
Crew

Peaceful Senshi

5,925 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

-MoomoolatteCha-

Crew

Tiny Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:51 pm
Getty'up Pony!

Name: -Moomoolattecha-
Do you have Instant Messenger? Yes
Are you open to being hired as a familiar colorist or Color Only role? Either or.
Have you worked in other shops on Gaia or the B/C? If so, which ones? Herd of Azreth, Heart of the Pack,
Can you list three references to either past Gaian employers, or people who will vouch for your behavior? Cheyriddle4,sesshiyasha,Veritas
Why do you want to join Soquili?I have always wanted to. It has always been a dream to color on the lines and make awesome ponies.

Female WIP -Updated-

Other miscellaneous art you've created: Post later.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:44 pm
Getty'up Pony!

Name:
-_Wish of Tevarae_-
Availability? Semi-Quarterly, MAYBE Full-Time. Would have to discuss.
Do you have Instant Messenger? Yes (Skype and AIM)
Are you open to being hired as a familiar colorist or Color Only role? Yes.
Have you worked in other shops on Gaia or the B/C? If so, which ones?
The place I have been employed the longest is Kitsusagi.
Can you list three references to either past Gaian employers, or people who will vouch for your behavior?
Manda, Kitsune Mistress Nyoko, Das Tor
Why do you want to join Soquili?
I've loved the shop for ages, and I'm finally at a place with my Edits that I feel comfortable applying!

Finished Male 1
Finished Female 1
Finished Male 2 - WIP
Finished Female 2 - WIP

Many
Different
Art
Samples
Sketch
Lineart  

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100

Mythi Red Panda

Crew

Star-Crossed Muse

14,025 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:03 pm
Getty'up Pony!

Name: Mythi Red Panda
Availability? Bi-Annually, MAYBE semi-quarterly.
Do you have Instant Messenger? 'Course!
Are you open to being hired as a familiar colorist or Color Only role? Either or!
Have you worked in other shops on Gaia or the B/C? If so, which ones? Working currently at Kitsusagi!
Can you list three references to either past Gaian employers, or people who will vouch for your behavior? Manda, Kitsune Mistress Nyoko, -_Wish of Tevarae_-
Why do you want to join Soquili? I love this shop a lot, I'll be real here.
Please post at least three samples using the template provided! Island Gal
HON HON HON / HON HON HON nekked
Nyoko Why Do you Do this to me.png
Shiny Knight nekked / Shiny Knight
Kick a**!
I didn't get done with Dat Boi in time but heres a wip xD
Kitsusagi stuff
Cosplay / OC Custom
Unique Lineart Sample
Item custom

Personal work
x
Candy gore warning, but tame!
X
X
X

Hiring Examples from Kitsusagi
Hiring examples from Jokoa  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:35 pm
Getty'up Pony!

Name: xKOVAKtheWOLFx
Availability? Bi-Annually for now, but I might be able to do Semi-Quarterly
Have you worked in other shops on Gaia or the B/C? If so, which ones? Herds of Azreth
Can you list three references to either past Gaian employers, or people who will vouch for your behavior? it's been years since HoA, but SaevusVeritas, Lunar Mirage, Manasstalker
Why do you want to join Soquili? Soquili has been the first B/C that I've stumbled upon on Gaia! it was the reason why I made my account in the first place. I love the staff and the community and I feel like I would be able to grow a lot with the shop. (:
1. blanketed bay || naked
2. colorful dove dino
3. enraged wolf
Other miscellaneous art you've created: familiars colored for HoA years back  

xKOVAKtheWOLFx
Crew

Trash

Leez0rz
Crew

Adorable Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:06 am
Getty'up Pony!

Name: Leez0rz
Have you worked in other shops on Gaia or the B/C? If so, which ones? Anthrobreedables, Anthropomorphs, Over the Fence, Plush Dream, Nocturna, Lunarc.
Can you list three references to either past Gaian employers, or people who will vouch for your behavior? hanging gallow, o-Elixir-o, Leena-chan, Deejaye.
Why do you want to join Soquili? I love the shop. It's the only shop I frequent now. I'd just love the opportunity to be able to get my creative juices running.
Please post at least three samples using the template provided! Sample 1 | Sample 2 | Sample 3
Personal Art: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Edited Work: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | PB | PB
Coloring: PB  
Archived

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items