Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[PRP] When it rains, it pours... (Oliver & Blue)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:52 pm
    Seeing Ashdown again really hadn’t been on the best of circumstances. Not to mention the fact that Oliver was already missing the warm temperate weather of San Francisco. Massachusetts was cold and wet and disgusting this time of year; only thing this place had going for it was the changing of the leaves.

Though… he really didn’t remember it being this goddamn rainy. The perpetual shower had stopped a few days ago, but the occasional storms were still fierce and the flooding was still very much apparent. Still, the looming Raider-Waite campus was much better suited to the crisp gloom of early autumn rather than the relentless torrential rains that they’d been having. He sighed.

It was a nice enough school, but Ollie already missed the one back in California. Not to mention the fact that it was well into the semester and he was essentially a drop out at this point. The lack of contact from his twin sent him on a plane back home (he had been acting strange before he left; Oliver knew he should have never left)—and what did he come back to? Shiloh barely remembered him at all and his friend wasn’t giving him any goddamn insight. Something about another world where it rains? Magic? What the ******** did that even mean? Then again, how did Shiloh lose his memory? Maybe that Jamie kid was just as loony.

“I hate this s**t…” He mumbled under his breath as he sat on a campus bench. Every gust of wind sent another gentle layer of leaves gliding to the ground. At least he could start his school back up in the spring; that would give him a well warranted distraction from all the other bullshit he’s had to deal with since he came back.

elkbones
it's time for our sons to scream

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:09 pm
Sore and sweaty were two things that Blue had begun living with the day his parents had told him he’d had the potential for greatness. And even now, he hated it as much as he hated the fact that they’d been more interested in his potential than him all these years.

The university campus loomed up above Blue as he stepped onto the pavement that crawled through the heart of the university. He was bone-tired, run-through, and still had a visit left with one of his dance coaches tonight that was sure to leave him absolutely wrecked on his bed by midnight. Still, he’d ran all the way here, puffing by the time he reached the campus edge. Bending at his knees, he unzipped the collar of his running jacket and gasped until he was able to breathe again without his lungs screaming mercy.

It was only the gust of wind, or the sudden voice on the wind, or some fateful bullshit Blue didn’t believe in that made him lift his head and see Ollie for the first time in - god, how many years? ********. ********.

Blue thought he might say something clever, and witty, and justified, like They haven’t sent you and your big fat brain into orbit yet? You could be your own planetary system by now with how big it is. But he only straightened, his mousy curls tied into one of those stupid tiny ponytails and his cheeks still ruddy and red from the jog that had killed his lungs when it had no right to be doing so. He was still in shape. This just wasn’t something he practiced for.

So of course he only stalked over, sat down next to Ollie, and said, “What the hell are you still doing here?”

Melancholies
scream queens

moonjavas

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:12 pm
    Fortunately for Blue (perhaps unfortunately, for it might have been humorous), Oliver’s wit was no longer what it was back in the dreary days of middle school. He wouldn’t have a good comeback for his old acquaintance, or if he did it would be far more refined and far more passive aggressive, laced with all sorts of lingering, nasty things.

As it was, Oliver was simply tired. He didn’t understand what was happening to his old stomping grounds and he was worried sick over his brother. He didn’t notice when Blue initially took a seat next to him. His eyes were glazed and he was focused on the serene blue of the sky, the waterlogged flora and the oversaturated sidewalks. Belatedly, he noticed the movement of another presence, but still didn’t look to see the face, still didn’t think twice.

No, it was the voice that did it. His eyes widened and a couple of thoughts crossed his mind, top of all being ‘what am I willing to put up with today?’; the answer was very plainly not ******** this, but there wasn’t much he could do for it. Well, he could walk away, or he could be snippy, or he could just ignore the phantom of his past and hope he’d go away.

“Wouldn’t you like to know?” He snapped right back, eyes narrowing slightly, “Guess I’m not worth a regular ‘hello’ first anymore?” Had Oliver not been so tired, he probably wouldn’t have barked. His nerves were worn paper thin. Did he want to be here? Hell no. He had gotten away once only to come right the ******** back and it tormented him. Wasn’t like he could leave his brother behind though; he already felt guilty about that one.

“Besides, I could say the same thing. Your parents didn’t ship you off to some fancy college abroad somewhere?” He snorted, folding his arms, refusing to make eye contact. Sure, he’d last seen Blue back in middle school, but it was on very sour terms. They weren’t memories that went away overnight—hell, they weren’t the type to go away over the course of a couple years either, apparently.

elkbones
screeeeeaaaaaam

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:23 pm
Blue didn't glare at Ollie, but he did give him his most haughty <******** you stare. Most people would call Blue genial, amiable, friendly, and maybe a little bit possessive - but whatever, that came with the territory, right? Most people would say he was a tiny saint, a really good dancer, and a damned good figure skater.

Ollie would probably say he was an a*****e, and in this instant, Blue wouldn't want him to think anything less. His chin lifted, and he pulled his lips back into a slight baring of teeth, crossing his arms over his chest defiantly. It wasn't like he'd come here hunting for trouble, and it was definitely not Ollie he'd ever wanted to see again in his life. Ollie who still looked like he had a stick up his a** and just as many friends as before.

Despite being so short, Blue somehow managed to look down his nose at the other.

"Why else would I ask?" He sniped back. "Where's all your homework? Shouldn't you be burying yourself in a grave made out of perfect A's right about now?" It was petty and rude, but Blue didn't exactly remember Ollie fondly. Maybe somewhere in their history had been a good relationship, but it was buried beneath everything else too.

"Why would I go abroad to college? I have to compete in the qualifying rounds here to go to to the international stage," Blue responded icily. "Thanks for remembering." His eyes flicked away to the quiet campus, one leg sliding over the other, fingers lacing over one another at the crown of his knee.

"I thought you would be out of here, anyways," Blue continued, "Didn't you want to leave your deadweight dad behind, or whatever? What happened, get homesick?"

Melancholies
LOUD SCREAMING

moonjavas

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:43 pm
    "Oh who the <********> do you even think you are?" Oliver could take a lot of bullshit, but anything that dealt with his family hit him in an extremely sore spot. Of course Blue wouldn't know about Shiloh, or how his dad was missing, or how everything was literally falling apart. Of course Blue would continue to pick at his perfectionism, gouge out his insecurities like crows feasting on eyes. He gritted his teeth, clenched his hands into fists, bit back his anger (and ultimately, failed). If his nerves hadn't been shot, if he hadn't been exhausted from being awake for more than two days straight, then maybe, maybe he could have kept his composure. As it was? There was no way in hell.

"It's in the ******** garbage," he seethed, "I dropped out. Funny, yeah? Overbearing over-perfect jackass gets a scholarship and flies their happy a** all the way to San Francisco just to move back like it's nothing. I actually ******** worked my a** off instead of scraping by and I still had to give it all up."

He inhaled, his rant leaving him breathless, the confession thick and heavy and obviously weighing on his mind. "My dad's probably dead. I haven't heard from him in months. I haven't heard from my brother either; that's why I ******** came back okay? Because I'm a stupid ******** who doesn't have anyone else." he spat at the ground, arms folded defiantly, "You wouldn't understand. <******** you, you never did." That's why it ended up like this. That's why they didn't stay friends. That's why they were never destined to be friends in the first place.

Because Blue had his life handed to him on a silver plate, and Oliver had to work his a** off to get anywhere in life, and yet he still had nothing. It burned him like an iron and made him sick to his god-awful stomach.

"Listen, I'm not going to sit here and let you berate the s**t out of me." He stood up, obviously riled, obviously worked up, obviously decayed with stress "I can't do this right now Blue. Just <******** off."

elkbones
this got pity party real fast

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:30 pm
Better than you, Blue wants to snap back, but he doesn't because he has limits, even if they're shitty ones. Instead he sits back and stares at the other, eyes narrowed and haughty even when Ollie explodes in a self-righteous pity party. It isn't like some small part of Blue doesn't want to reach out and tell him he's sorry for that, because really, that sucks, but Blue's too angry at this point to care about being nice.

"You didn't have to," Blue snaps, "You chose to. Everything is a choice, Ollie! Why do you think you're alone? You chose that too." He throws up his hands, pissed off because Ollie all but ditched him way back when and has the gall now to be upset that he's alone. Maybe Blue is a grade A jackass, but the one thing he tried for was Ollie and Ollie threw it right back in his face. <******** off," he snarled back, whiplash, "You never understood either, too busy shoving your nose in a book so you could get out of here. Didn't you ever get that you could have other people? You just chose not to. You chose all those shitty things over people, and not just me." Sure, Ollie hit home on a lot of things, and Blue didn't bother denying them. He did skate by in life. He got by even though he didn't try because look where it had gotten Ollie.

Right back at the start.

Blue shoots to his feet and blocks Ollie, hissing.

"What the ********, Ollie, that's it?" He asks, snarls, "Whatever. Go have your pity party, but stop blaming other people for the fact that you chose to be alone."

Melancholies

moonjavas

ashdown

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces