Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:36 pm
User Image

Kuhasa had a home, a real one! It was not permanent, he had to maintain a certain level of usefulness and popularity.. but it was a vast improvement over his past living situation. He was still flying high since joining the Ithambo'hlabathi despite the conditions.. and it was entirely likely that his attitude about that was due to a lifelong struggle to survive as a rogue and the complete and utter failure to think about the well-being of the group yet. Understanding of the responsibilities of being a part of a pride, especially one like this, would come later. For now.. life was grand.

Seeing no reason to be shy or self-conscious, he wandered freely. How else was he going to learn about his home? And they migrated! He sure had a lot to learn, assuming he was allowed to stay long enough to see it all.. but of course he would be! He offered polite greetings to any lioness he passed but did not force any greater social interaction- already he was well beyond that of a rogue and he was content with that. Though.. his curiosity was growing.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:07 pm
User Image

Safura groomed herself daily, but now she took extra care in making sure any fleck of dust stayed only at the bottom of her paws and no where else. She may not keep tabs on the gossip of other lionesses at all hours of the day, but when it came to new males joining the pride, ones that she was allowed to openly flirt with, that changed things. She heard it first from one of the senior lionesses and then word officially passed to her ears through the Busisa Nomvula, who through some way or another always heard what was going on in the pride.

Apparently his name was Kuhasa and while Safura had yet to meet him, Nomvula had batted her eyelashes as she spoke of him, a sure sign that he was very handsome. Not an Umholi but an underling, Safura knew that if she wanted to sink her claws into him, she would have to act soon, before he was chased out and replaced, like Emrys had been. She had been so sorry to see him gone before she could have had his cubs. Between her stripes and his vines, she was certain that they would have had the most beautiful cubs.

Still, she thought, she would remain resilient and she would get her family and therefore her popularity within the pride if it killed her. Hearing pawsteps approaching, she raised her head to see an unfamiliar lion passing by and knew that he had to be the male every lionesses was speaking of. Quickly, she got to her paws and walked in stride with him with ease.

"Good day to you. I suspect you are the handsome Kuhasa I have been hearing so much about? I suspect it is such, given you are just as handsome as rumor has it." Said she to he. "I am Safura. It is a pleasure to meet you."

Ecavi

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:17 pm
For all the interest a new Inselelo might bring, very few had given Kuhasa the welcome that came from the lovely striped lioness that approached him today.. and he couldn't help but puff himself up a bit at the praise. He had no concern about it going to his head, it was already way up there.

"You got me," he said brightly, grinning at the lady, "Pleased to meet you Safura. You ladies sure know how to make someone feel welcome around here."

It was a generic but sincere comment.. and, prideful or not, even Kuhasa knew that it could just as easily go the complete opposite way. There was no way he couldn't know that, being mindful of trespassing males- potential threats to his vulnerable, impermanent position- was a big deal.

belloblossom

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:24 pm
Safura returned his grin with a charming smile and ducked her head politely. He was new and he seemed quite happy to be. A happy lion was an easily wooed lion. In fact with that very thought she batted her lashes and returned with an easy speech.

"Of course. It's rare that we get such handsome males joining as Inselelo, so it's natural that we, myself included, would take interest. Forgive me for being so bold as to say it, but I know that I've been watching you for some time."

She glanced away, making sure there was no one around and then sidled up next to Kuhasa.
"I'm going to be real with you for a moment, before I continue speaking of your noble wit and great looks. It may seem sudden in my saying so, but you shall soon come to realize how true it is. Inselelo never stay long in the Bonelands before they are challenged by another that wants the spot. If you want to be remembered for more than your looks, there is one easy way to attain just that: Legacy." She smiled and raised a shoulder in a half-shrug. "It may seem intimidating, little ones often are, but you should be pleased to know that the Cubs will be raised with the lionesses of the pride. You can watch them grow and need not do any of the work, so simple really. Now, since I'm sure I won't be the only one asking, as you are truly a handsome creature, I would just like to ask to be one of the first, should you choose to be remembered within the pride and not written off simply as the attractive male who came and went as easily as the wind blows." Wooing was one thing, of course, but Safura also wanted Kuhasa to know where she stood with him. She did not want him to romance her: she wanted cubs to raise. He could ponder on why she wanted them so badly however, for that was her secret to keep.

"Now, there is one thing I am quite curious about, legacies and rememberence aside. I hear you have a crocodile as a companion? Surely with this drought we have been seeing more of them lately, but to take one as a companion is more than unheard of. What led to your companionship, if I may ask?"

Ecavi

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:30 am
Safura was being very friendly, he noticed (of course he noticed).. and he didn't really mind at all. She was being very complimentary and who didn't love that? He opened his mouth to reply in kind when she looked back at him and clarified the situation in so many words that all he could do was stare and try to keep up (and hope he didn't look like an absolute moron while doing so).

Well, she was very .. straightforward.

And he still didn't get a chance to compliment her because she moved right along to asking about his crocodile friend. He didn't have enough experience with being social to handle this with any real grace so he did the only thing he could think of. He chuckled and smiled, showing he was not at all put off by her speech.

"That's quite a mouthful," he remarked, grinning "Crocodiles can be some cranky bastards but they're not so different. Zahif is one of the big guys around here, that puts him near the top of their hierarchy. Makes him pretty useful."

There was a lot of use in having a crocodile around when it came to hunting on one's own. The fact that Zahif was patient, well camouflaged in water and deadly once food got within striking range.. well, that certainly made things easier for a lion who would otherwise have to scavenge, find many small meals (hard to catch) or tackle something larger (hard to subdue)... but he wasn't so sure that talking about his poor solo performance at hunting, even if he had a successful strategy to compensate, was the most impressive conversation topic.

"But I think we skipped over some more interesting tidbits," he said, "You seem very eager to .. help."

belloblossom

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:44 am
Perhaps she had overstepped. Perhaps she shouldn't gave gotten to the point so quickly, but time was of the essence and with a new Inselelo in their midst, Safura was certain that soon, other lionesses would see the opportunity that she did. She wanted to be the first to pounce on it, drought or no.

Worried though she was, it did not show on her face except for the smallest of frowns. When he went on to mentioning her eagerness for cubs, it turned into a broad smile.

"I have similar reasons for wanting cubs, dear." She turned her head slightly, her gaze fixed on the main camp where many of the lionesses chose to rest together. "You will gain a legacy through the cubs I give you and I will gain prestige among the lionesses." She turned her gaze back to Kuhasa and dipped her head. "We would be doing each other a favor, Kuhasa. You ought to take advantage."

Ecavi
Are you still interested in this pair? emotion_kirakira

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:00 pm
Safura was giving Kuhasa some very interesting insight into the politics of the pride and his place within it. It was still too early to be worrying about the day he was inevitably chased out of the pride, but if he wanted to actually leave behind a legacy and get a glimpse of what became of it.. he did need to act fast. And it didn't hurt one's ego to be approached so boldly.

He grinned.

"That is a generous proposition from a very lovely lioness," he remarked, "I'd be more than happy to comply."

Bigger words than he might use in a typical conversation but they matched the tone she set, so he happily followed her lead. She was in fact the first to approach him and, thinking about it, it was probably exactly how he ought to have expected.

belloblossom

*u* Yes yes yes~

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:34 pm
Safura was pleased that all of her negotiating (for that is what it felt like) had paid off. She felt an immense amount of relief from the whole situation and was determined to see it through, only now... Here came the awkward bit. The matter of consummating the deal. In theory, she knew how to go about such things, but in practice... Well, this would be her first litter. Perhaps she ought to have consulted some older lionesses of the pride before approaching this male so boldly.

Well, there was no turning back no and she smiled at his compliment and went on, hoping that he hadn't noticed her pause, seen her worry, thought of her as anything less than the confident and beautiful lioness that she was. She would hate for him to think she was in doubt-no, no, she just worried... What if she didn't perform correctly?

"I am so glad to hear you say that." She said and in an act of sudden boldness, she took a few steps forward and rubbed her cheek against his. "Now," She went on and steeled herself a little. "If you have some free time now, we could...?" She left it open for him to ponder over, though she hoped he was of a similar mind: best to get this over with quickly and then dote upon the cubs together...if that's even how things worked in the pride, none of the older males seemed to dote on their cubs. Andhaka had so many within the pride that she doubted that he could have time for all of them, but maybe if this were Kuhasa's first litter in the pride, he would take special notice of them and make the others jealous for it. She liked the sound of that.

Ecavi
Awesome! heart How do you want to proceed from here?

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:59 pm
Safura's hesitation went completely unnoticed by the lion after her skillful attempts to stroke his ego and gain his favour. He was perfectly content to focus entirely on the positive side of their conversation and remain completely oblivious to any downsides or hesitation.

"Of course," he agreed, grinning.. and then glancing around. They weren't exactly in the midst of the crowds here, but they weren't exactly out of sight, either. He had no idea how the others felt, but he certainly had some expectation of privacy.

"Let's go somewhere a little less crowded."

belloblossom
Wrap it up and that'll be 5 posts each here, so it'll be done >D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:51 am
If he had noticed her failings, he certainly didn't show it and relief made Safura relax. She had nothing to worry about-well, nothing immediate, she realized. This was going to go exactly how it would and then she would have achieved her goal and all would be wonderful with the world again. No need to fuss or fret in the slightest.

So, she would go along with it and all would be well. At the notion that they ought to go some place more crowded, she smiled at Kuhasa and nodded, striding further from the the other lionesses and trying to think less about how awkward this act might be physically and instead how rewarding it would be in the end.

Ecavi
Fin?

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
[IC] Ithambo'hlabathi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash