Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[PRP] It Could Be Enough (Susan & Temperance)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:29 am
Nothing would ever get done if she waited. She texted, of course, and had gotten 'I'm busy's and emojis and nothing of substance. This wasn't something Temperance could say over text, as much as she would have preferred to hide and stick her head in the sand. Susan was owed an apology, an explanation.

So, here Temperance was, standing in front of Susan's door. She took a deep breath and knocked. "Susan?"

happy bonsai

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:21 am
Susan was so engrossed in her most recent play-through of Dark Souls that it took quite a few knocks before she tore her green-eyed gaze away from the television screen to blink at the door. She hadn't been expecting anyone. Didn't, honestly, even know what day it was or even the time.

She'd been holed up in her living room ever since she'd appeared home again after the masquerade. The dress she'd worn that night was still thrown over the corner of the couch, pricked with blood and gashes in the fabric here and there from when she'd shoved herself through the thorn bush. Hell, she hadn't even bothered to wipe the makeup from the masquerade off her face, and the blue of her lipstick was still smudged briefly around her mouth- eyes shadowed by old dark liner and mascara.

She'd added to the look with an ample amount of Doritos. Orangey-red powder was smudged on her cheek and caked into one corner of her mouth, as well as coating the crescents of her blue-flecked nails. There were a couple empty bags littering the floor, still. Along with an ample amount of pillows, blankets, and crumpled bits of paper from when she'd attempted to draw the events of that night.

She assumed the person at her door was her mother, and therefore didn't bother to try and clean up. "Come in, ma." She said. "Door's unlocked."

She steeled herself for the lecture that was sure to come about the state of herself and her apartment, then allowed her gaze to focus back onto the TV again; entering a particularly challenging boss room just as the door cracked open.

The Semblance of Un1ty
susan's living room

happy bonsai

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:21 am
Temperance hesitated for a moment. Susan thought it was someone else, not her, and taking advantage of that would be... well, taking advantage. Still, it was a good opportunity. She rubbed her hand over her face and pushed the door open. Well, Susan's apartment was much bigger than hers; it had rooms. Still, it was relatively straight-forward. The sound of video games drew her to the living room.

Perched on the couch was the object of Temperance's, uh, attention. It was honestly a mess around Susan. Chip bags, blankets, pillows, random trash. Temperance shrugged and glanced up at the screen. Dark Souls, oh dear. She'd sworn off that game, being far too terrible at it for it to be enjoyable. Susan was currently fighting spider-boobs-witch-lady and Temperance averted her eyes.

"That looks hard." Then she plopped down on the sofa by clambering clumsily over the back of it, kicking a pillow out of her way as she went. "Hi."

happy bonsai

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:05 pm
Spider-boobs-witch-lady was hard, and thus required an immense amount of focus.

Most players summoned others to help them on this particular level, but Susan was determined- this time- to handle the lava tossing a*****e herself.

She was so engrossed, she didn't pay any attention to Temperance's approach. Her bespectacled eyes were glued to the screen and she was leaning forward, legs criss-crossed in front of her and covered up with a particularly fluffy blanket. She bit her lip as she played. She'd already taken too much damage and things were seeming hopeless.

Temperance's unexpected voice broke her concentration so bad she walked right into an attack that should've been easy to dodge and the screen darkened into the post-death message.

YOU DIED.

Usually, she'd be pissed. But this time, her mind was immersed into a plethora of emotion so tumultuous she could only stutter and drop her controller.

"U-um..." she said, as Temperance plopped down next to her. "Hi? I thought... thought you were my mum..."

Susan swallowed nervously. She tucked a strand of blue hair behind her ear and was all of the sudden she was very very aware of the orange beneath her nails. Of the mess that surrounded her. Of the texts she'd sent Temperance, saying she was busy. s**t.

The Sembl4nce of Unity

happy bonsai

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:17 pm
"Well," Temperance said and, after a moment, she patted herself down. "I don't feel like your mom." Then she looked down at her hands, feeling very awkward.

"So, um, sorry for barging in, but I couldn't... get a hold of you and-" She looked up. Susan hadn't told her to get the ******** out yet, so that was promising, right? There was a streak of orange on Susan's face and it really wasn't hard to guess what that was; the evidence of a dorito-whirlwind was present everywhere. Unthinkingly, she licked her thumb and swiped it over the streak, trying to rub it off.

A pause, during which Temperance realized what she'd done. "Uh... uh... you had something there."

happy bonsai

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:55 am
Susan saw the thumb incoming and did her best not to flinch away from the contact. Instead, she froze and averted her gaze.

"S-sorry," she said. "I'm s--sort of a m-mess right now." Shakily, she adjusted her glasses and stood; the fluffy blue blanket that had been covering her legs falling harmlessly to the ground and adding to the mess. "I, uh- what, um- what brings you here?"

Susan picked up the blanket and folded it rather carelessly, setting it down on the cushion she'd been sitting upon only moments before. Nervously, she gathered the bits of trash that littered the floor. She was careful to keep her face tilted slightly away from Temp's gaze, very obviously not making even the slightest attempt at eye contact. Anxiety reared its ugly head within her chest, making it hard for her to sit still, and so she scurried around the room; tidying it where ever it could be tidied.

Semblance of Unity

happy bonsai

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:09 pm
"Hey, um, it's okay.... should I... should I leave?" Temperance shoved her hands violently into her pockets and stood helplessly as Susan bustled around. She needed to apologize, couldn't leave without doing so.

"I wanted to talk about the ball, if that's alright?" She crossed over, closer to Susan, and perched on part of the couch.

happy bonsai

ashdown

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff