[prp] sugar rush (dawson/shun) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:54 pm
September 22 was both National Ice Cream Cone Day and National White Chocolate Day, both fantastic minor holidays for a place like The Sweet Spot. At Dawson's urging, products containing either were at a small discount for the day, and he even got to do a small doodle on the chalkboard sign just outside declaring as much. With fall now in swing, and with people going out a bit more because of it, one could hope that there'd be a slight increase in customers.

Or, on the bright side, if there weren't, he could take some cookies home himself. The smell was still...strong sometimes, but Dawson would take it if it meant eating something sugary.

Hell, he was already eating a small ice cream cone as he tried to clean tables, unable to help himself. Look, it wasn't his fault it kept dripping onto what he just leaned!

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:29 pm
Shun wasn't one to indulge in sweets all that often, but he didn't mind having some every now and then. As he was walking down the sidewalk that day, he took note of a sign posted out in front of one of the shops. After a little bit of consideration, he decided to go ahead and pop on in. He didn't actually see what was written on the sign, but it was most likely some sort of special, he figured.

Once inside, he took note of someone cleaning some tables, eating a bit of ice cream at the same time. With a tilt of his head, he just made his way towards the counter, looking around to see what sorts of things they had here.

Medigel

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:52 am
"Be with ya in a sec," Dawson greeted as he hastily finished up. The ice cream cone was taken down with a single bite; he was one of the rare types who could chew cold things with his teeth and not cringe.

Hustling behind the counter, he then smoothed his uniform out and fixed his cap. "Welcome t'the Sweet Spot, what can I do ya for?" Dawson chirped. "Huh...you look familiar. You been on tv?"

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:36 am
Waiting patiently at the counter, Shun looked things over a little while longer before he was addressed by the guy who worked here. He was about to go ahead and order something, when he brought up his familiarity.

"No... I do not believe so, anyway."

He hadn't been one of the ones to make any formal statements to the press or anything like that.

"This is a relatively small town, though."

medigel

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:09 pm
"Weird. But I tell ya, this place big t'me. My hometown, you'd prob'ly have more farm animals than humans." He chuckled, then wiped at his nose with the back of his hand. The cinnamon was getting to him for the third time that day.

"Anyway, uh, you here fer the special?" Dawson asked, trying to reign in his conversational gab.

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:26 pm
"I see..."

Shun wasn't sure if he'd like being in a place like that. On one hand, there were far less people, which was a good thing. On the other... he had a feeling he would be constantly restless. Small places like that weren't as likely to have much going on.

"That I am. Have any recommendations?"

medigel

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:43 pm
"Depends on what yer sweet tooth lookin' for. Like the signs says out there, we got a slight discount on one n' two scoop ice cream cones n' white chocolate cookies fer the holidays," Dawson explained. "You ever been here before? We got some pretty sweet cake-flavored shakes. Or if yer more a coffee kinda dude, we got an affogato--vanilla ice cream with a shot a' black coffee in a cute lil' cup. Yer more hungry, we got these lil' donut holes filled with different stuff: strawberry jam, blueberry jam, vanilla puddin'..."

If Shun didn't interrupt, he could go well into a five minute list.

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:00 pm
Shun hadn't quite realized what he was getting himself into with that question. He furrowed his brow as the guy started to go on and on with numerous 'recommendations'. And such, he ended up stopping him about thirty seconds in.

"Ah... that is alright. I will just take a cone, and then perhaps a few cookies to take home."

medigel

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:10 pm
"Good choice," one of Dawson's coworkers said in passing. "The cake shake's got, like, a thousand calories at least."

Dawson made a swatting motion at them. "Hush, you! Ain' no wonder she got you cleanin' instead a'workin' the counter." He quickly gave Shun an apologetic smile before going about getting the order ready. "Ain' nothin' wrong treatin' yerself t'a lil' somethin' somethin' erry once in a while. 'Specially with the times now."

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:46 pm
Shun raised his brow, glancing between the two employees of this place.

"Yes... things have been going to s**t as of late, though a thousand calories seems a bit overkill as far as indulgences go," he commented. Something like that would take a fair bit of work to burn off, and it barely provided any other nutrition too.

medigel

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:43 am
"It don' literally have a thousand," Dawson assured with a snort. A few taps of the register had Shun rung up in no time. "S'more like maybe five hundred somethin'. Y'all too skinny anyway."

It was either in reference to both the customer and his co-worker, or under the implied blanket statement of Asians.

"Gotta get warm fer the winter anyway. I bet s'a biter up here." A pause. "There ain' been more crap goin' on, though, right?"

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:31 am
Five hundred was still a good chunk, but not nearly as bad. Shun just raised his brow at the skinny comment, though. He wasn't a pencil by any means. He also didn't really know what was meant by 'y'all' in this case. He decided to dismiss the comment.

After he paid, he paused at the next question.

"Eh. It mostly just has been some of the same s**t as usual," he muttered. It wasn't technically false. But he didn't know how much of the supernatural that this guy knew about.

medigel

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:32 am
He snorted. "So, bad," he summarized. "Don' envy the cops in this town, tha's fer sure. Can' even imagine how Blackfriars went down with 'em. Uh, cash 'r card?"

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:43 am
Shun went ahead and fetched his wallet, getting some cash out for the payment.

"Blackfriars was... a mess to say in the least," he muttered. There had been quite a bit of paperwork involved with that incident.  

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:47 pm
"I mean, were you there?" Dawson shuddered as he closed the register, transaction completed. "s**t gives me nightmares still, dude. Keep safe out there." And, with double thumbs up, added as casually as he could, "N' stop by again sometime!"  
ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff