seekingCylem
Crew

Ice-Cold Cultist

9,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:59 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Two trolls share uncannily impeccable taste.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:14 pm
Fresh air! It was a rare commodity in the heart of New Hemisect City. The streets and parks were maintained with all the care and finesse deserving on a highblooded city center. However, there was only so much to be done to combat the sheer volume of trolls and their hivestems that made up Alternia's largest metropolis. A troll from a less urban environment may have found themselves feeling claustrophobic, trees and grass notwithstanding.

Didero, meanwhile, thrived on the constant thrum of activity. Even as a bystander, he could feel himself tangentially absorbing the laissez-faire attitude of the upper classes strolling about the park. The flowers were in bloom, the needlessly detailed sculptures were polished to a mirror shine. The birds were even mostly leaving Didero to his business as he admired the scenery from his chosen bench. It was the perfect atmosphere in which to channel his muse.

Supposedly. Didero had put more teeth marks in his pen than words in his notebook. A few cliched opening lines were scrawled intermittently across the paper in green ink. He was having trouble finding a single topic to focus on. The company didn't help, he thought as he shooed a couple of the more outgoing birds off the seat of the bench.

ImaginationsParadise

seekingCylem
Crew

Ice-Cold Cultist

9,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hygienic 200

ImaginationsParadise

Alien Garbage

21,050 Points
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:46 pm
One thing Eridia loved the most was stalking trolls. It became a heathy habit, kept her busy and help her scavenge some new clients. Of course she first ruined things for them so they'd run too her arms in search for help. The unmatchmaker chuckled as she pretended to admire the scenery, when in reality she was observing couples from afar. Parks where one of the many romantic places to go in the city and one of the few places where it wouldn't be suspicious to see the same troll over and over again, right? The highblood jotted down what she saw, their movements, their body language and sketched them on her journal.

"Look at the passion between them..." Oh how romantic and dedicated they were. Eridia couldn't help but feel jealous-- why didn't anyone treat her like that? Wasn't she was a wonderful troll to be with?

She couldn't possibly be the only one that woke up from their sleep in the middle of the day, feeling they are all alone in the world and that nobody pities them now or ever, was she? She couldn't possibly be the only one who's destined to spend their lives wandering blearily around a pitiless landscape, hoping desperately that their circumstances will improve, but suspecting, in their bloodpushers, they will remain unloved forever. The highblood frowned closed her journal and walked away angrily, not taking notice she had left her purple inked pen behind. The best thing to do in these circumstances was to take away the feeling she'd never have and wake them up from that lovely daze, so that they can feel her pain, too. She'd get to that step later, at least she'd feel nothing but joy when she split them up and get one of them to ask for her services.

She sat down in one of the park's benches next to a greenblood, and perhaps scared away some birds in the process. Eridia sighed looked at her notes again. She needed to broaden up her observations and try to find the perfect way to split them up. Once the ideas started flowing, the highblood flipped through her notes just to see she'd lost her pen. Just what I needed now...

Eridia glanced at the stranger next to her, he was writing-- or at least trying to. She could relate, writing a good piece wasn't as easy as it seemed.

"Excuse me, you wouldn't happen to have an extra--" The lavenderblood stopped midway as she got a good look at him. That print on his scarf... where did he...

"...pen?" Eridia was lost for words. How dare a lowblood wear her same dress print?! She looked at his scarf, then to her dress and back at the greenblood. Indeed, same background color, same quadrant's day print. The troll who made her dresses swore they were made with one of a kind fabrics.

Clearly they had lied. Another troll to cull, if only they didn't make such pretty dresses. She'd decide whether or not to spare them after she asked a few questions.

"Where... did you get... that?" She pointed at his scarf and restrained herself from having a fit in a public place.

seekingCylem
so it begins :3c

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:29 pm
Didero hadn't noticed Eridia's appearance until she sat down beside him. However, she did so with a broad fluttering of skirts and feathers alike. Didero couldn't help but perk up at the classic imagery.

The two of them ended up staring at each other for a long second. There was something going on there that Didero could sense, but not place. He looked down at his scarf, then back at Eridia. "I've... I've had it since I was a child," he responded automatically, suddenly feeling extremely self-conscious. As he grappled to pinpoint what Eridia's deal was, his eyes landed on the skirt of her dress.

"Oh... Oh! Oh my," Didero, unaware of the scale of Eridia's offense, allowed himself to feel relief at catching up to the conversation. "It's a very nice pattern, isn't it? I haven't seen someone else as committed to the quadrants look in a very long time." Didero turned more fully towards Eridia on the bench as he gestured to himself. His scarf and jacket shifted, exposing his symbol in its entirety. He laughed lightly.

It was only then, fully engaged with Eridia, that he looked to her symbol. It was only proper to take a new acquaintance's blood color into account after all. He halted. Unfortunately he ended up spending a less than proper amount of time staring at Eridia's chest. Was that..?

"Well..." Didero spoke with a small, distracted voice, "This is a hell of a coincidence..."

ImaginationsParadise
A fated encounter! (*☌ᴗ☌)。*゚

seekingCylem
Crew

Ice-Cold Cultist

9,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hygienic 200

ImaginationsParadise

Alien Garbage

21,050 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:01 pm
"It is..." A coincidence? Yes. A very weird one? Definitely. Eridia couldn't say she felt uncomfortable as the greenblood took a nice and long detailed look at her chest, because obviously she felt the opposite. It wasn't the first time a troll got absorbed and perhaps intimidated by her hue. It didn't matter, what mattered was how the other troll had the same pattern as her and how he claim he had seen someone else with it before. Not only that, his symbol... He even had birthmark on his face and, to her luck, it was located on a cuter spot! Oh, her envy grew stronger. It wasn't as if hers didn't have it's charm but she thought Didero had it somewhere better. The highblood blinked back to reality, taking notice she had gotten distracted by the other's appearance.

"Mmmm, 'tis a beautiful pattern, complements my- I mean, our symbols perfectly." Though I look WAY better than YOU. She left that last part out. He was so lucky he was cute. If not he'd be dead by now.

"Quadrant's Day is one of Alternia's best holidays, always been fascinated with it-- even when I was a child!" She played with one of her side curls to play coy and, at the same time, keep her hand busy. Normally, she would've tried to slash him down, and stomp his lowblooded existence to a pulp but she was refined now, she couldn't do that without shattering her lovely dame appearance. So instead of attempting to stab him to death unsophisticatedly, Eridia smiled at his comment. "Ooooh, you don't say? Well, great thinkpans do think alike." She chuckled bitter-sweetly. After all you are nothing but a lowblooded copycat.

"Oh..." She gasped softly, bringing her hand up to her mouth while her fingers touched her lips delicately. "Please, excuse my ill manners..." She offered her hand for him to kiss the back of her hand. "I am Eridia, Eridia Tsifer. Simply delighted to make your acquaintance darling."

She noticed his notes and glanced at them before looking back at Didero. Could he possibly be writing observations as well? If he was, then the highblood wasn't dealing with any common copycat, but a serious stalker. "Mmmm, working on something? Are you writing a specific form of literature? An original perhaps? I hope you can forgive me, I am just so curious!"

seekingCylem
intense shoujo glow ( ื▿ ืʃƪ)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:56 pm
Didero had yet to decide on his current emotion. Just meeting Milieu had been coincidence enough, and even then it was long enough ago that Didero was unsure if he was even remembering her properly. There was no doubt about this, though. Didero had somehow managed to stumble upon some sort of... anti-doppelganger. Or she upon him, more accurately.

True to form, Didero instinctively caught up on the tone of conversation. He mirrored Eridia's pleasant smile and primly crossed his legs as he turned to properly face her. It wasn't like he knew what else to do under such circumstances. Being genial to a highblood seemed like a pretty safe place to start.

"As important as holidays come," Didero nodded. He recognized Eridia's gesture, finding himself a touch giddy at the theatrical nature of the greeting. "Didero Salons," he replied. He delicately took Eridia's much cooler hand and pressed a light kiss to her knuckles. "The pleasure is mine."

Didero's hands returned to the notebook in his lap at the same time as Eridia's gaze. He perked out of his fluid introduction, slightly embarrassed to have been caught with such lackluster prose. He recovered quickly with a small wave and shy laugh.

"O-oh! It's nothing special. I'm a writer, well, unpublished, but a writer nonetheless. I'm trying to find inspiration for my next project--a novella. People watching tends to help, and the highblood district parks are all so lovely." They also provided a wonderfully atmospheric backdrop for a pretty, down-on-his-luck artist to mill about looking poetically thoughtful. How much this factored into Didero's decision to come to the park that night was an amount Didero was reluctant to admit.

"Are you much of a reader, Miss Tsifer?" Didero asked, all-too willing to turn the conversation back around before Eridia saw how painfully little Didero had actually written that evening. Clearly her arrival was the universe telling him to take a break for a while. Or the night.

ImaginationsParadise

seekingCylem
Crew

Ice-Cold Cultist

9,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hygienic 200

ImaginationsParadise

Alien Garbage

21,050 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:20 pm
"Hmm... an unpublished writer, eh?" She said as she focused her attention on her nails but as soon as he mentioned watching others, Eridia looked back at him. Oh. My. Gog.

"P-people-watching you say?" The highblood let out a faint gasp and slowly touched her lips. It was clear to Eridia that he obviously copied her favorite hobby, or maybe not since she actually followed trolls around for night... even pedigrees just for fun. Or was he just trying to throw her off guard? Eridia didn't know. "Well, that does provide some solid references for one's writing. I do, too, tend to search inspiration in other's." Eridia casually slid her leather journal into view, like if she challenged him-- she did in her own subtle way. Oh, was she going to show just how better and unique was she compared to her lowblooded anti-imitation. And a greenblood at that. She went on and on just how great she was, mentally of course, and as soon as Didero threw a question at her, Eridia battered her lashes, pulling herself back to reality.

"Oh, I am! I simply am!"
The highblood smiled. "Oh you have know idea how much of a reader am I! Whether 'tis Troll William Shakespeare's or Troll Oscar Wilde's pieces, or even someone unrecognized, I'm always reading someone's passionate and romantic works."

"I even write myself but... It's mostly as a form of relaxation. I am far more skillful at illustrating and making my woooords look elegant through calligraphy." With no hesitation, Eridia showed Didero her calligraphy notes and drawings. "Do you have a preferred genre my dear Didero? I, personally, am very attracted to the romantics and also tragedies." Maybe her symbol had something to do with that?

seekingCylem

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:06 pm
Eridia seemed surprised by Didero's mention of people watching. Or at least, Didero tentatively believed that to be the case. He was starting to gather that Eridia was just naturally a dramatic personality. Didero could respect the commitment to highblood culture.

He was both unsettled and intrigued as Eridia produced a journal of her own. The coincidences were truly piling up. For all Didero knew, next she was going to produce a fluffy avian lusus from beneath her shawl like some sort of magic trick.

At the very least, the similarities provided easy conversation. Didero's excitement only continued to escalate as Eridia dropped the words "passionate" and "romantic." He was given to chance to respond before Eridia thrust forward her calligraphy pieces and more questions. It was all lovely, but Didero would be lying if he said he wasn't overwhelmed. Eridia was like a cupcake with too much frosting.

Didero responded first to the drawings before him. The stark contrast of ink on white paper commanded his attention. His hands hovered awkwardly around the edges of the journal, unsure of whether or not it would have been okay to take it. "O-oh my, this is lovely," Didero replied, meaning every word. His own handwriting could only be considered Alternian cursive in the loosest sense of the term. He felt dumb thinking as much when compared to what Eridia was showing him. Her writing was actually legible, for starters.

He decided to move along before he could get too self-conscious. "I've got a soft spot for romances myself, though I'm sure that's hardly a surprise." Didero made a flippant hand gesture and leaned back away from Eridia's notebook. "Of course, less surprising perhaps is my preference for red romance... N-Not that I dislike the caliginous quadrants, mind you," Didero amended hastily. "If you have any recommendations, I'd love to hear them."

Black romance was as intriguing as it was intimidating to Didero. While a torrid hate-filled romance sounded beautiful, Didero wasn't entirely sure he was a troll with the constitution for that. Of course settling for a mundane romance built on mutual irritation, while safe, was also a monumentally disappointing thought. Honestly Didero hadn't given the state of his dark quadrants much thought until this point. Perhaps Eridia's appearance was some sort of sign. Or, more realistically, Eridia would have some kind of insight into the matter. Unfortunately, if there was a way to elegantly ask "Hey, do you have romantic experience," to a virtual stranger, Didero didn't know it.

ImaginationsParadise

seekingCylem
Crew

Ice-Cold Cultist

9,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hygienic 200

ImaginationsParadise

Alien Garbage

21,050 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:55 pm
Eridia couldn't help but smile. "Why thank you dearie~ Would be offended if you didn't find it lovely." She was saying the truth and it wouldn't be good to see Eridia offended. As dainty and classy as she tried to appear, Eridia had short temper and wouldn't hesitate to use her daggers. Luckily Didero seemed pleasant to talk to and was cute to boot!

"Ooh darling, I sure do! I can write you up a list of some really good books on black romance." She flashed a smile before writing up a few titles on her journal and ripped it off handing the paper to the greenblood. "If you read any of them, please find me! I'd like to know what you think of them!"

"Like I said before, writing is a hobby for me and I'd love to have some books published in the future. Yet I don't think I'll ever do." that business just wasn't for her. "For now, I am deciding on making my pieces purely fiction or based on real events." Though she hardly was interested on real events unless it was juicy enough for her. Or affected her directly. "Nothing really interesting happens around me," A big a** lie. "so I only take fragments of what I observe and turn it into something fantastic." Eridia was bragging, she knew it. Did she care tho? No. "Though it's easier to do calligraphy based on the mood of other trolls..."

"Any recommendations on your end?" She asked. Maybe the other troll had some good books titles in mind she had never care to read.

seekingcylem
after 800 years...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:46 pm
Didero resisted the urge to shiver at Eridia's words. Offending a purpleblood was the last thing he wanted to (and perhaps ever would) do. He took the scrap of paper mechanically, but lightened upon reading some of the titles. A couple sounded rather saucy, to Didero's silent delight. He tucked the paper into his own journal for safekeeping. "Oh absolutely. I walk past the bookhive on my route home. I'll stop in when I have the time."

His eyebrows raised as Eridia continued to speak about her writing. For someone who claimed it was a hobby, she seemed intense about it. Perhaps it was another quality of Eridia. Perhaps she was doing it on purpose. Didero cleared his mind of such rude thoughts. There was nothing wrong with a shared passion. Especially one that was capable of being a patron...

Didero was snapped from his less than selfless thoughts by Eridia's question. "Oh yes! Of course, of course." It was Didero's turn to begin scribbling on a page from his journal. "A couple of these may be a touch cloying for your taste... Oh, and I also must warn you I have something of a weakness for ah, paranormal romance," Didero added sheepishly. The popularity of the Midnight series had given the genre a reputation for being melodramatic and corny. Didero hazarded the thought that such things might be to Eridia's taste, though.

"Rainbow drinkers are perhaps a bit overdone, but they're a classic," Didero laughed as he handed Eridia the paper, "I'm not usually one for horror, but I enjoyed The Uncullable Bloodpusher, even though it was about ghosts."

ImaginationsParadise
I tried coming up with more goofy YA novel titles, but they're all real books.

seekingCylem
Crew

Ice-Cold Cultist

9,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hygienic 200
Alternia RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers