Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Obscure manga and rare pairings Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chakura

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:49 am
Has it ever happened to you when you read a really good manga or seen a really good anime and would love to pair out the guys in there when you find out that Oh no! no one ever seems to even heard of the title nevermind the pairing. I remind a time before xxxholic got popular findng WatanukixDoumeki fics were rare, Same for Tactics, and Kyou Kara Maou. Now I'm having the smae trouble w/ Black Cat which does not have a big Fandom. So I was wondering if any of you guys had the same problem 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:28 pm
That's usually where I either start writing my own stuff or hunting down specific communities for those series or pairings on lj or mailing lists. If there is no such place, you should definitely start one, because that's one of the best ways to kick start your favored fandom. 3nodding  

For-Chan Cookie
Captain

7,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200

Syntria
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:11 pm
...... Archer x Kimblee..... <.<  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:56 pm
My favorite pairing is Subaru/Kamui I think they look good together. I know a few websites that talk about the pairing and I joined two fanlisting about them too. I love looking up some fanfics about them especially when they are well written.  

Moonlight_Shadow12

LadyNox
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:21 pm
Two words: Kaiken Phrase.

It's like the Gundam Wing characters make a rock band. OMG and no one knows about it. ><  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:15 am
My favourite pairings are, of course, from my favourite anime, My-HiME. It's fairly mainstream, specially now that it's being released over here. But I can't find any yaoi fics, because the slash(which DOES exist, especially in the manga), is overshadowed by the fact that the ratio of female-to-male characters is about 5 or 6 to 1, and every female character seems to be bisexual. And there's a lot of fanservice.  

Tohma_Seguchi_San

Riosin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:47 am
A rare pairing I just cannot find is Sakano x Ryuichi from Gravitation. I know it's weird but....I just like it. sweatdrop

@LadyNox- I've heard of Kaiken Phrase, it's just too hetero for me. XP

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:21 am
I have yet to find a hard-cord ZaneAtticus from YGO GX or a hard-core GarlandBryan from Beyblade. I think I might be writing the first.  

Karureyu

Envy2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:49 am
AyameXRitsu
YomiXKurama
RizaXWinry

Quote:
I'm having the smae trouble w/ Black Cat which does not have a big Fandom
That's because the anime just came out in Japan in November  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:04 am
It's not a manga, but it was incredibly difficult to find Fire Emblem yaoi not so long ago. There's more of it now, but I mean... ack... there's just not enough! I've only played Rekka no Ken, so of course that's the only one I'm a fan of, and there is a very small amount of it around, I think. If anyone could direct me to any I'd be eternally grateful.

Artie Ficial

[[Lady of Nox]]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:55 pm
Hrmm... the fun I had after watching all of Fushigi Yugi and pairing off all the guys... tehehee...

@LadyNox: My username on a few other forums is similar to yours... except its Lady of Nox, XD  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:35 pm
AmiboshixSuboshi from Fushigi Yuugi. KharlxRath from Dragon Knights. YoshidaxSuzu from Peacemaker Kurogane. It is very hard to find any fanfiction and such of any of those pairings, let alone well written fanfiction of those pairings. It makes me sad, because they are awesome. <3  

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

.A.k.a.n.e.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:26 pm
I haven't had that problem very often. Eventually people see the manga and know what I'm talking about 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:40 pm

I'm not sure how common the manga I've been reading is ^^; I just know that the Borders near me has had a recent BOOM in it's yaoi selection (from none to tons. haha) so it's anything wrapped in plastic for me wink
As far as obscure couples, they're not actually from an anime but Fatal Frame 2's Itsuki Tachibana and Ryozo Munkata always struck me as an interesting couple ^_^; and as for Fatal Frame 3, I think Kei and Yuu probably could've had a little something. hehehe. I love those games too much...

CloZack PASSION

Seijaku_Ishida

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:42 pm
I love Kyou Kara Maou. Other obscure manga I like are Invoke, Ramen Ikaga, and Seimaden.

As for pairings...HarutoxRed Mantle from Haunted Junction is obscure beyond obscure. sweatdrop But I like it. I'm also a huge Schuldig/Yohji(Weiss Kreuz) fan.  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff