Welcome to Gaia! ::

Story Knights

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to those who love to make stories, role-play, and have fun doing so. 

Tags: Role Play, Literature, Drama, Fantasy, Adventure 

Reply ғaѕнrade ĸnιgнтѕ
ƒαѕняα∂є кηιgнтѕ ♛ Main Roleplay Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Amiimii

Shy Regular

10,125 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:29 pm
Maliarc

70 (23)• Human• Neutral

User Image
Mood: Neutral
Present Company: Sevira/Wilhelm (Vacinity), Elesmira
Current Location: Boar's Tusk, Maeven

----------------------------------------------------------------------

While he waited to meet the General he hoped to get some information from, another unusual patron entered the bar. He probably wouldn't even have noticed had the soldiers not given this new patron the exact same entrance they had given him. The atmosphere in the pub had taken a noticeable turn with two people who weren't guards entered. He knew why he was here, and knew he would likely be gone soon, but what about the new guest? It almost made him feel bad. Like he was ruining the guards' downtime.

The identity of the new guest wouldn't remain a secret for very long, apparently. She quickly made her way over to him, supposedly lured in by the fact that he was a mage. She was certainly beautiful, with fiery red hair, but she was undoubtedly young, even for an elf. She was polite, however, and offered a bow before she even spoke. "It's rare to find someone so young being so polite." He responded with a smile on his face. "Actually, the person I'm looking for is here, though I must wait a while to meet him. So wait I shall." He had his cane leaning against the bar next to him and his hands sitting on the bar. He let them rise and fall, leaving behind only a dull thud when his bony hands hit the bar. "Might I inquire as to why you're in here?" He craned his neck to look around. "You must have a reason to be in a pub tailored towards guards?"

OOC:

VSG12

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:13 pm
Wilhelm Arctavius

29• Human• Fashrade

User Image
Mood: Curious
Present Company: Sevira/Maliarc/Elesmira
Current Location: Boar's Tusk, Maeven.

Removing his hand from the hilt of his sword, he moved his way out of the back room. He stood erectly, eyes narrowing in thought. An Elfin lass and a grizzled old man, dressed much like a magus. They didn't seem to be troublemakers, nor were they there to cause too much of a disruption. If they had been, Wilhelm was positive he'd have realized they had arrived sooner.

Crossing his arms, his voice echoed across the bar with authority. "Alright you louts, shut it. We have guests, and I intend to hear just why my presence is requested." He smiled at how quickly the soldiers obliged before grabbing a seat, and settling himself near the pair at the bar. "I am General Arctavius, what business do you have with me?"

Inwardly groaning, he rued today. Maybe he shouldn't have shirked training the recruits today? A mission set to divert a global crisis, and now being sought out by strangers from other lands...this was getting to be a bit too much for one day. Perhaps he'd finish that cask of mead tonight, in the off chance he never made it back.

OOC:

Digital Obsession

VSG12

Mephis Inferni
Vice Captain

Hilarious Smoker

4,975 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150

VSG12
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

8,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • First step to fame 200
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:02 pm
Mephis Inferni

Digital Obsession

User Image
ѕєνιяα ηαηαѕнι
26 // Human // Captain of the Guard (Fashrade Army)
◘◙◘◙◘◙◘◙◘◙◘◙◘◙◘◙◘◙◘◙◘◙◘◙◘◙◘◙◘◙
User ImageUser Image

Sevira followed after Wilhelm as he went to ask why he was being sought after. When she noticed his demeanour was scaring the small, Elvish child, she gave a scoff and walked over. "Don't mind him, he's always like that. What brings you here, of all places, in Maeven?" she cooed lightly.

Her voice was soothing to hear and put most at ease. It was her way of lightly interrogating people to get what she wanted from them. She was the good cop, Wilhelm the bad. However, it was worth noting that if the nice tactic didn't work, she could be more violent and scary than Wilhelm. This situation didn't call for brutish force, however. Merely for a question to be asked. She calmly waited for the red-headed girl to speak up, hoping she wouldn't have to ask twice. She had a mission to start and didn't need distractions.

Then, she realised the girl said she was looking for a guard. Judging by her Elvish features, she may be of use to her and Wilhelm. She leaned over to him with a sly smile, "We could use her, you know. If we get into battle, having an Elf as a healer is something not to be looked over. What are your thoughts on it?"

/////
/////
User Image
єℓєѕмιяα ℓυαℓℓєη
17 // Elf // Travelling Healer
User ImageUser Image

Elesmira gave him a small smile before she shrugged, "with this many guards in one room, who is likely to come after you?"

As the male walked up, she wanted to shrink in her chair. He was towering and massive with scars and armor. She didn't really want to answer and the fear was clearly written on her face. Then, to the right of him, she noticed the slender woman in armor and she eased a little. She went to open her mouth to speak up but then his thunderous voice silenced her. When the female knight spoke up, she managed to find her timid voice. "I am only here to see if I might be able to enlist someone as a personal guard on my travels for a period of time. Forgive me for intruding," she squeaked.

She watched Sevira lean over and whisper something to the man. She wondered what they were talking about and she hoped it wasn't something bad in the slightest.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:01 pm
Maliarc

70 (23)• Human• Neutral

User Image
Mood: Happy
Present Company: Sevira, Elesmira, Wilhelm
Current Location: Maeven, Boar's Tusk

The elven womans response intrigued him, but he let it go as his target came from some door from the back. He had obviously been drinking, which made things easier for Maliarc. People who had been drinking were almost always more talkative. Though this was a general, the information he was looking for wasn't too much of a secret, so he hoped there'd be no problem.

He took a moment to look at the woman who came after him, speaking to the elven woman in an attempt to counter the mans attitude. Maliarc let out a raspy laugh when it immediately worked on the young elf. "I do hope you have no real secrets, my dear lady." He said, still half laughing at the elf. "Oh, that was funny. Forgive me. I've lived in seclusion for quite some time, so seeing this kind of stuff for myself is quite satisfying."

He waited for a moment before turning his full attention to the man. "I'm interested in talking about something with a more...supernatural subject nature." He hoped the general would understand where he was coming from. While he hadn't met many of them in his time, he had ready plenty of books, and the generals in them were almost always muscley morons who couldn't think about anything other than war tactics. This man did seem a bit different, but perhaps it was just because he was finally meeting one for real. "I have my own stake in everyone's problem, and I'm willing to offer my services, but I'd prefer to talk about this in a more...secluded place."

OOC:

VSG12

Mephis Inferni

Amiimii

Shy Regular

10,125 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100

VSG12
Captain

8,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • First step to fame 200
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:25 pm
Mephis Inferni

Digital Obsession

User Image
ѕєνιяα ηαηαѕнι
User ImageUser Image

Sevira went from a good-natured soldier to a defensive warrior in battle in a seconds notice. The warmth in her eyes faded and she looked to Maliarc in a way that was dead serious but with no intent of harm; the men around her, however, saw anger and flinched in fear. "I'm afraid the nature of which you speak is not one that my friend is familiar with. I would be the one you seek, and with that being said I will hear what you have to say. If you'd follow me," she said and gestured for him to follow, "both of you. Brightshield, you'll be needed as well."

Before they had walked into the room, Sevira cleared any war plans out from the table and made sure everything was secure before letting her new guests into the room. She moved the only chair from the corner and signalled for Maliarc to take a seat there. She kept a respectful tone about her body language, but one could see in her eyes scepticism and hesitation. Unless she knew what his plans were, he was a threat in some way.

/////
/////
User Image
єℓєѕмιяα ℓυαℓℓєη
User ImageUser Image

Elesmira was a little taken back by the old man's reaction towards her when it came to the female soldier talking to her. Her naitivity would get the better of her one day, she realised. Maybe it was time to be stern and not so easily fooled. She was even more surprised when she was told to join the two soldiers, and the old man, for a discussion. She prayed to the two Elven Gods, of Life and Death, to help her through her trials and let her be safe and sound at the end of it.

As the conversation was more between the old mage and the two soldiers, she stood quietly in the corner, trying to stay out of trouble. She slid her fingers across the many pendants on her bracelet; all trinkets of hers she'd shrunk with her magic so she could carry a nearly unlimited amount of things without carrying it all at once.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:39 am
Maliarc

70 (23)• Human• Neutral

User Image

The flow of the conversation took a weird turn for the mage as the woman interrupted him, rather coldly, and told him to follow her, along with everyone else. He reluctantly gathered his cane and hobbled into the room behind everyone else, quickly becoming disgruntled. He was even startled to see that she pulled a chair from the corner for him. It looked far less comfortable than the two chairs beside the table, and it was then that the realization hit him-she was going to silence him if she didn't like what he said.

Although he had read about these scenarios multiple times, he had never been in one before, and it was honestly a bit scary. As a mage, he valued information, even considering it far more valuable than money, so he acted vague when talking with people. It seemed this time his vagueness was likely to get him hurt. Hobbling across the room, he sat in the chair she provided for him. Thinking fast, he decided to disarm himself. He reached into his large cloak and pulled a book out of seemingly nowhere and set in on the floor before setting his staff across it. He then put his palms up in a show of pacifism.

He had seen things far scarier than this woman, but he did not desire a fight. After a few seconds, he decided to speak to get this underway. Apparently the young elven lass was rather frightened. "I assume everyone is rather uptight over what's happening with the world right now," he started, thinking on how best to phrase what he wanted to say. "and as I'm rather interested in all of it, I assumed it would be best for me to ask someone who might know if their leader had plans in motion." He realized how ludicrous it sounded. He had listened to himself say it several dozen times in his head. "As I dislike fighting, I knew if I was interested in the fate of the world, I'd have to prove myself trustworthy enough to be allowed to follow people who already had a plan...."

After a few seconds, he blew outwards a breath he had been holding in. "I just didn't expect it to be this big a deal..." His words betrayed his age, but he was more worried about not dying in the back room of some pub.

OOC:I wasn't sure if I should have waited for Wilhelm, but as he's just kinda trudging along anyway, I figured ya'll wouldn't mind.

VSG12

Mephis Inferni

Amiimii

Shy Regular

10,125 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100

Mephis Inferni
Vice Captain

Hilarious Smoker

4,975 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:48 am
Wilhelm Arctavius

29• Human• Fashrade

User Image
Mood: Curious

Wilhelm mulled over the words as the party of four walked back into the war room. Well, it wasn't exactly the war room, but he'd taken a liking to calling it that. The true war room was located in the castle, this was more for when his plans didn't require His Highness to be present. He walked behind the large table, taking his normal seat without hesitation. He propped his elbows on the table, interlacing his fingers together in a rather focused pose.

"Normal, for a mage to know more than he'd like others to believe. I trained with the mages here in Maeven for about a year a while back, I've taken a liking to your kind." He paused then, narrowing his eyes in concentration. "What I would like to know..." he spoke quietly, drumming his left index finger against his right hand, "What made you think that we knew anything about the coming crisis? I only just learned of it, and if I'm not too terrible mistaken, Lieutenant Nanashi only just found out as well."

Sweat was beginning to tickle his brow, definitely the drink catching up to him. He stood, walking behind his chair and began shedding armor. Pauldrons, gauntlets, vambraces, and legplates were soon sitting in a near pile while Wilhelm only kept his breastplate on. "Sorry about that, it get's a bit stuffy in full plate during long conversation."

OOC: No worries, if I don't post, you can always continue ahead without me. I'll catch up and toss myself in if needed.

Digital Obsession

VSG12

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:34 am
Mephis Inferni

Digital Obsession

User Image
ѕєνιяα ηαηαѕнι
User ImageUser Image

Kill him. Kill him now before he kills you and your friend. He'd kill everyone in this city just to keep everyone else oblivious to his dark mind! He plans to kill everyone! Act now! shouted a voice in Sevira's head. Sevira semed unfazed by it, regardless of the haunting meaning. For most of her life, the five years she could remember, that same voice tried to turn her into a criminal. It told her to kill those around her, burn houses to the ground. She had sought many mages and warlocks out over the years to silence the voice, but they found no reason she could hear it. So now she ignored it altogether.

"As my friend just told you, I was only informed of this about an hour ago. So, that begs the question just imposed.....," she said with her hands folded across her chest and a stern look on her pale face, "how did you know that we would be tasked with fixing this crisis? We need to know exactly what your plans are if we are to even think of taking you with us."

She didn't want to admit it, but if this mage was willing to help, it would be best. He might know a spell to find the Knight they were looking for, even being of use in defending against Kamawanaiyo's dark magic or anyone who wanted her return. The more people in the group, the better their chances. Or so she thought. It was a gut feeling and it was the only real option other than going alone....and that was a fool's idea.

VSG12
Captain

8,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • First step to fame 200
  • Married 100

Amiimii

Shy Regular

10,125 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:36 am
Maliarc

70 (23)• Human• Neutral

User Image

The questions came rolling in, and it showed just how little experience they actually had in dealing with mages. The man claimed he had trained with some for a year, but then he would have noticed Maliarc's use of the word "assumed". They acted as if he knew any of this beforehand. More interesting than the man was the woman. Her voice and mannerisms spoke volumes to how she actually felt about him, but she maintained a neutral, if not respectful, body language. She was an odd one, but one that he felt he might get along with. Sort of.

He narrowed his eyes at her, but didn't change his body position. He worried if he moved his hands too much, they might take it as a sign of aggression, as mages could cast spells any number of ways. "I had absolutely no idea that you had any plans to do anything about it." He let the statement hang in the air before he changed his squinted eyes to a smile. "But you've certainly given it away now." He had to assume they weren't really trying to hide it, or they wouldn't have been so open about it. But still.....it bothered him. "So I can assume that things really are that bad?"

Again, he let the statement hang, but chose to continue talking. "I come from the Baelian Islands. I lived away from civilization for quite some time, so I do not know many of the norms nor how to go about a lot of things. I had no idea anyone was thinking things were this bad. Nor did I know either of you knew anything." He reinforced that he knew nothing before hand. "But I knew I couldn't very well get close to a ruler to ask them directly, or I'd have your", he nodded in the womans direction, "sword in my gut." He was taking a wide guess that she had something to do with the royal family of these parts. She had that look and acted like it. To take these lengths just because someone might know something they shouldn't. "I'm assuming you're someone high up, the way you took the lead, and not the general. He called you a Lieutenant, but I think you're something more. You carry yourself with much more dignity than a Lieutenant. And he implied you knew before him."

He'd read enough books and paid enough attention through his familiars to be able to know some ins and outs of people. He couldn't tell if they were lying, and he couldn't watch their individual moves, but when it came to debating, or even just speaking, he was as formidable as most mages. Words were, after all, extremely important to mages.

He breathed out and continued before one of them grew tired of him and stabbed him. "My only interest lies in seeing it all through. As a mage, I can't help but be interested in all this. Kamaw-Kama-ka-that witch lady seems to be changing this world. I'm interested to know how and why, and whether I can stop it."

OOC:

VSG12

Mephis Inferni

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:46 pm
Mephis Inferni

Digital Obsession

User Image
ѕєνιяα ηαηαѕнι
User ImageUser Image

Well, the cat was out of the bag now, there was no holding anything back. Still, while there was something in the back of her mind that was hesitant, she decided it was better to have a mage of his power level -- as she assumed he was certainly gifted if he came from the Baelian Islands -- with them. She let out a long sigh and eased her body, her hands dropping to her her hips instead of folded across her chest in a closed position.

"Kamawanaiyo is a threat to all if she comes back into power. Almost ten thousand years ago she nearly destroyed the world of Istrea by bringing all life to the brink of extinction. Any who opposed her tyrannical reign were slaughtered. She was only stopped when the Twelve Valkyries banded together to stop her, but even they all fell to her magic before managing to seal her for good. Or so we thought. About a century ago, from the Temple of Prophecy in Erelandra, came word of her return from within the human host she had been trapped in. If that host ever made it to the Temple of Fate, less be killed, she would return to power," she began.

"The demons of Noeven most likely want her return because they feel superior to all other races. The Angels think her dark magic changes dark creatures emotions to want to aid her, so it would make sense they would side with her. The demons have already gone after royal families recently. Both of the Sencenbaugh children are missing and attacks have been made on the Senate of Erowyth. The time to act is now before deaths start stacking up," she concluded.

She let the silence in the room drag on for only a moment before she placed her sword down on the table and looked to the map on the wall. "That being said, if you're up for it old man, you can join us. The elvish girl can come too, we might need someone who can heal," she admitted.

VSG12
Captain

8,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • First step to fame 200
  • Married 100

Mephis Inferni
Vice Captain

Hilarious Smoker

4,975 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:48 pm
Wilhelm Arctavius

29• Human• Fashrade

User Image
Mood: Irritated

Grumbling to himself, Wilhelm laid his palms flat on the table. The muscles along his arms contracted, his eyes growing dark. "How did you learn of this situation? You are still being far to vague with us." His voice was that of one he used on insubordinate men and women in the ranks, showing he was in no mood for messing around. "You are hiding much, mage. While true that all mages have their own secrets, your aren't as adept at hiding them as others your age. If I had to guess, you haven't been a mage as long as we would assume. Most likely, a late bloomer in harnessing your energies given your age. Which makes this all the more agitating for me," he said, taking a moment to compose himself.

He stood, walking behind his chair and staring at the wall. "Sevira is also the Captain of the Royal Guard. In matters involving His Highness directly, she is the commanding officer between us. But more than that, we are friends and long standing allies." He turned, rather suddenly, and stared directly at the old man. "Do not mistake my calm demeanor for one of reverence for rank, it is out of respect." He settled himself back down into the chair, calming himself once more. "You say you want to see this all through, then have full disclosure. But know if word of this reaches the common man, you'll be dead within a fortnight."

"The Dreaded Witch might be released on the summer solstice, and if that happens..." He gripped the arms of the chair, the wood creaking beneath his steely grip as he finished speaking. "The world as we know it will be lost."

He then froze, staring at Sevira with shock. He wanted to yell, but knew that there were too many ears in the tavern. "Erowyth's Senate and the Sencenbaugh children? When was this and how could this actually take place? Both the senate and children are always under heavy guard."

OOC: Made a few slight edits >.> Whoops biggrin

Digital Obsession

VSG12

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:26 am
Maliarc

70 (23)• Human• Neutral

User Image
Mood: Agitated

While he had certainly expected opposition, the general was providing much more than he had originally anticipated. After all his claims of Maliarc being a "new mage" and not hiding his secrets well enough, Maliarc's mood was deteriorating, and being threatened did not help. The only break Maliarc got from the generals tantrum was something the woman, whose name he learned was Sevira, said.

Calming himself, Maliarc opened the palm of his right hand and after only a few moments, a black bird appeared in a small puff of smoke. The bird flew the short distance to the table and sat right in front of the general, looking straight into his eyes. The birds head never moved, and the bird maintained the same spot, unwavering in his conviction to his summoner.

With this, Maliarc would wait until he was addressed again. He did not want to interrupt the man's sudden questioning and risk drawing his ire again lest the situation heat up beyond relief. Instead, he looked to the elven girl he had met earlier, who was just standing in the corner. He felt bad for dragging her into something like this, but if he had known they would make it such an ordeal, he would have told her to leave the second she approached him. He tried to shoot her an apologetic smile, but he wasn't sure she was even looking his way.

OOC:

VSG12

Mephis Inferni

Amiimii

Shy Regular

10,125 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100

VSG12
Captain

8,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • First step to fame 200
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:14 am
Mephis Inferni

Digital Obsession

User Image
ѕєνιяα ηαηαѕнι
User ImageUser Image

Sevira watched the bird and wondered what it could possibly be for. If it was going to be used to harm Wilhelm, she would react with violence. However, it seemed to be in a neutral state so she let it slide but kept it in her sight. She directed her attention to Wilhelm and let her arms drop to her side. "This information was disclosed to me when I found out about this mission. As far as the reports go, no one has been killed but attacks have been made. The messenger who got the report sent made the note that only those who can hide their identities could ever get close. Gods forbid if it is whom I think of," Sevira sighed.

"The Parasite Demon of Istrea," Elesmira piped in.

"Yes, the very same. If he has come out of hiding, the scoundrel, we need all the help we can get. Even from an old mage with his secrets. After all, we all have secrets. Don't we, little lass? Or shall I say, Princess Amira?" Sevira mentioned. A pleased smile crept across her lips as she watched Elesmira go from leaning into the wall to standing straight as a board with a sophistication in her stance.

/////
/////
User Image
єℓєѕмιяα ℓυαℓℓєη
User ImageUser Image

Elesmira remained silent for the duration of the meeting, mostly timid and shy because of the larger man's outbursts. She was used to quiet and gentle ways of speech, as those in Goleta were soft spoken. When she did manage to speak, it was only a small sentence to prove she had indeed been listening the whole time. Then, Sevira said something that made her snap into attention. She addressed her by her name....her actual name.

"How did...how did you know? I've been on the run from the demons for a month now. No one knew of my cover identity. I told no one, I never even brought a guard. Not even the Rangers of Goleta knew....," she gasped.

"I noticed you react, even if it was only slightly, when I mentioned the attack on your family. I would react a different reaction if it was your general distain for the attack, but you looked almost sad with the statement rather than angry. Who else would be sad but you -- forced to run to remain safe from harm?" Sevira chimed in.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:50 am
AGE• 25
RACE• Human, Mage
ALLEGIANCE• Erelandra
LOCATION• Maeven, Fashrade - Academy of Magic (near Marketplace)

User Image
AGE• 19
RACE• Human, Gypsy
ALLEGIANCE• Band of Gypsies
LOCATION• Maeven, Fashrade - Marketplace

User Image

Alfie made his way through the large, stone halls of the Academy of Magic. He had entered it that morning in search of an older mage willing to take him on as an apprentice for the time being. So far, the few he'd spoken to were unwilling to leave the Academy in Maeven. Since he wanted to travel as he learned, he was left empty handed. He made his way out and into the bustling cobblestone streets of the marketplace. The heels of his boots clicked against the stones as he looked for a stall to go to for food. Maybe a restaurant was better? As he was about to walk on to a side street to find a place to eat, someone very out of place caught his eye. A stunning, skinny, gypsy girl. "Who's this?" he asked himself with a smile.

➳➳➳➳

Jaelle Mircea made her way, barefoot, through the crowd. Eyes fell on her for many reasons, but she knew the most common was how strange it was to see a gypsy girl alone, let alone in a capital city. Gypsies never strayed from their people and seldom made their ways close to big cities. However, she was on a mission and she was hellbent on seeing it through. In the dreams she'd had of Kamawanaiyo returning, she saw the faces of the few who were going to stand up against her. She was scanning the crowd for those faces when she felt someone staring far longer than the others. She turned sharply to see a strawberry blonde boy in a brown and white jacket looking from a distance away. The staff in his hand made it clear he was a magician of sorts. Just who was he?

Nightmare Dreamcatcher
Crew

Seasonal Pumpkin

3,225 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Member 100
  • There are two sides... 50
ғaѕнrade ĸnιgнтѕ

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash