Submit

Harriet_Houdini

Hilarious Lunatic

4,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:17 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:00 pm

User Image

When Todd reached the office, the nurse was busy with a crossword puzzle.

"Mr. Mars. What is it this time?" She asked, always amused with Todd's medical history. "Squirrel bite? Embalming fluid ingestion? Bad 'raisins' at lunch?" She chuckled and looked up at him. "OH MY GOODNESS! You're in shock! Lie down!" Rushing to him, she had him sit up on the bed and lie down, elevating his feet. "What happened?!"

"I saw a talking penguin." He told here with a worried expression. "I think I just forgot to take my pills this morning."

"Todd-- you know you have to take those! You're lucky your parents had the forethought to give me a bottle or two." Rolling her eyes, she went to fetch them...

WolvesAndAmineAreLife

Harriet_Houdini

Hilarious Lunatic

4,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

WolvesAndAnimeAreLife

Hilarious Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:05 pm
User Image

She didn't wait for the teacher's permission before rushing to the nurse's office. She wasn't worried about getting in trouble, she was worried about Todd. She rushed to his side as soon as she saw him. "Todd! What happened?? Are you okay?" Her eyes were full of concern as she looked at him. She knew she was probably overreacting, but she didn't care. She just cared about Todd, and if he was okay.

Harriet_Houdini

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:15 pm

User Image

Hearing Amy's voice, Todd sat up and looked at her. "Yes-- no? I don't--" Todd blushed. He didn't want to talk to Amy about it. Everyone already thought he was crazy and he didn't want Amy to.

"Is this your girlfriend?" The nurse teased a little as she walked in. She handed Todd the pill and a cup of water. "I'm sorry about I'm going to have to ask you to leave." She added, looking to Amy.

"No, she can stay. Please." Todd asked, taking Amy's hand and looking up at the nurse.

"Fine. I'm going to call your parents. It isn't safe for you to be here until the drugs kick in." She told him, leaving to make the call. "TAKE THE PILL, MR. MARS!"

Todd took the pill and looked to Amy apologetically. "I'm sorry I worried you. I didn't mean to."

WolvesAndAmineAreLife

Harriet_Houdini

Hilarious Lunatic

4,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

WolvesAndAnimeAreLife

Hilarious Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:17 am
User Image

The nurse walked in, and she was about to beg her to let her stay, but Todd helped her out with that. She gently squeezed his hand that he had grabbed. She turned to him worriedly. "What does she mean it's not safe for you here? What's going on?" She asked gently, tilting her head at him.

Harriet_Houdini

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:35 am

User Image

"It's complicated." Todd was about to explain, but he got distracted by the conversation in the other room. His grip on Amy's hand tightened...

"What do you mean you can't come get him? Have you already forgotten what happened last time?" The nurse's voice could be heard in the other room. "Well, no... yes it is common procedure but I-- yes... if his vitals are down we'll just keep him here for an hour or so and send him back to his classes. Alright.... my apologies." The nurse came back in and took Todd's temperature, respiration, pulse, blood pressure and checked his eyes for dilation. "Alright, Todd... other than post-shock, you seem like yourself. Sit tight for awhile just to be sure." She told him, leaving once more.

Todd gave a sigh of relief and his grip loosened. "... remember when I told Arista about my lost memory when I was a kid?" Todd asked, looking Amy in the eyes. "It wasn't just that I didn't know where I was, I thought I was somewhere else. I saw things, Amy. Things other people couldn't see. Strange, bizarre things.... heard things." it was embarrassing, but he felt that Amy should know. "My dad explained it in this way-- the imagination part of someone's brain and the logical part of someone's brain have a wall between them. My brain doesn't-- so the pills build that wall for me and keep it up if I keep taking them. Otherwise--" Todd paused. "Last time I tried to step off the roof of the school and today-- I thought a talking penguin came into the classroom."

WolvesAndAmineAreLife

Harriet_Houdini

Hilarious Lunatic

4,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

WolvesAndAnimeAreLife

Hilarious Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:11 am
User Image

She held Todd's hand tightly as she listened to what the nurse was saying. Okay... This sounds more serious than it looks... She bit her lip and glanced at Todd with a nervous look before the nurse came back in. She never once let go of Todd's hand while the nurse checked him. Feeling his grip loosen, she turned to him and just listened.

"Todd.... I... I had no clue this was happening.... You should've told me..." Her voice was gentle and soothing. "You know you can talk to me about anything. Anything at all..." She paused. "And I saw that penguin too..." That part confused her the most. Was she hallucinating too? Maybe.... it was actually there. "I mean, you're sister's a mermaid... Talking, penguins could... um, exist." She blushed lightly. She was trying to comfort him and put him at ease but she didn't feel like she was doing a very good job. She leaned down and kissed his cheek, and then looked at him with a small smile.

Harriet_Houdini

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:08 pm

User Image

"I'm sorry-- I didn't think that it would come up so soon." Todd didn't want to hide anything from Amy. "You really don't care? It doesn't bother you?" Todd asked, a smile crossing his face. "I guess I shouldn't be surprised. You're the kindest person I know."

When Amy admitted to seeing it too, he wondered if he was imagining her as well. "You did?" Todd reached up and touched her face-- pushing it back slightly. "You feel real to me... but you being a hallucination would explain a lot. I had an imaginary friend when I was little so I guess it would make sense if I imagined you, too."

Todd shook his head. "But she isn't really-- is she?" He asked. "I haven't seen any proof that she's a mermaid. I've only been playing along so that she feels comfortable. Once she is used to everything, she'll stop calling herself one. I think." He speculated. "I told my parents I was from another planet. But it was just because everything felt alien to me and I just didn't remember any of it." He made the comparison. "But if you saw what I saw-- then maybe I wasn't hallucinating. Maybe Charl really is a mermaid."

WolvesAndAmineAreLife

Harriet_Houdini

Hilarious Lunatic

4,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

WolvesAndAnimeAreLife

Hilarious Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:26 pm
User Image

"Well... I think she's a mermaid. But, now that you say it, she might just be saying it..." She thought for a moment before her lips parted. "As for me, I'm not a hallucination, and... I did see the penguin." She rubbed the back of her neck with her free hand. "I've never seen anything like it... Maybe it was a trick... A prank of some sort." She suggested. It was the only thing she could think of that would justify seeing the talking animal. She sighed. "So what happens to you now? You feel alright, don't you?" She asked, still worried as she put the back of her hand to his forehead. She knew the nurse checked him, and she had even said he was acting like himself. And the hallucination wasn't really a hallucination, so... Nothing was wrong, right?

Quote:

Harriet_Houdini

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:51 pm

User Image

"I really hope you're right and you're not a hallucination. And if you are, I don't think I'll take any more of those pills because I like you too much." Todd added with a chuckle. "I could have sworn I took my pill already at breakfast. I feel fine. I haven't seen anything else that is strange so--" Well, aside from the Goodhearts. Todd laughed and smiled up at her. "I feel fine. I really do. So... I guess we just sit here and wait until the nurse tells us to leave." A smirk crossed his face as he thought. "We need to come up with a plan to find out the truth. Whether or not what we saw today was real-- and whether or not Charl is what she claims to be." After all, they had time.

WolvesAndAmineAreLife

Harriet_Houdini

Hilarious Lunatic

4,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

WolvesAndAnimeAreLife

Hilarious Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:16 pm
User Image

Blushing lightly at his comment about liking her too much, she smiled. He seemed to be acting like himself. She nodded after he finished speaking. "I agree... We can ask the others if they saw the penguin. As for Charlotte... Well, aren't mermaids supposed to get their tail back when they get wet? Or is that just a myth from the movies?" She scratched her cheek.

Quote:

Harriet_Houdini

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:49 pm

User Image

Todd stroked his chin in thought. "I think any mermaid lure could be true-- so we might as well test them all." He looked up at the clock and thought some more. "We should get out of here soon-- and it will be around lunch time. We can talk to people at lunch and maybe try spilling water on Charl to see if anything happens... but we might just have to invite everyone to a bonfire party on the beach... what do you think?" He asked her with a smile.

WolvesAndAmineAreLife

Harriet_Houdini

Hilarious Lunatic

4,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

WolvesAndAnimeAreLife

Hilarious Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:58 pm
User Image

"Sounds good!" A smile automatically formed on her lips upon seeing his smile. "And... yeah, we should really get back." She giggled. "But, don't we have to wait for the nurse?" She asked, looking around for the woman. It didn't seem like anything was wrong with Todd at the moment. She had also seen the penguin, so it hadn't been a hallucination. But... she had no idea Todd was going through this. She turned back to him, and squeezed his hand gently. "Remember, I'm here for you. Okay?"

Quote:

Harriet_Houdini

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:09 pm

User Image

"Let's ask her." Todd got off the table and turned to Amy when she felt her squeeze his hand. A light blush crossed his cheeks and he smiled happily. "Okay. I'm here for you, too. Always." He replied, squeezing back. Together, they walked to the front desk. "Is it alright if we go, now? I'm feeling just fine. Promise." Todd assured her with a thumbs up.

"Is that so, Mr. Mars?" She replied with a skeptical gaze. "I suppose if your cute little girlfriend keeps a close eye on you-- it'll be alright." She told them with a wink. "Run along. I won't stop you."

"Thanks!" Todd turned to Amy with a smirk. "Class is probably over by now. Should we try to catch the last of gym class or head to lunch?"

WolvesAndAmineAreLife

Harriet_Houdini

Hilarious Lunatic

4,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

WolvesAndAnimeAreLife

Hilarious Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:07 pm
User Image

She smiled. "Thank you." They walked up to the front desk, Amy blushing when the nurse referred to her. "I'll keep an eye on him." She assured the nurse with a smile. "Why don't we just go to lunch early?" She suggested.

Quote:

Harriet_Houdini

Quote:

Triton High School

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas