Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hivestuck
Captain

Alien Datemate

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 12:46 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 12:48 pm
TABLE OF CONTENTS

1. Current cert
2. Table of Contents (You're here)
3. Rastin Morden
4. Lusus
5. Home
6. Relationships
7. Possessions
8. Official art
9. RP log
10. Stats
11. Battle Log
12. Fan art
13. Reserved
14. Reserved
15. Credits

Bouquet of Diamonds

Fantastic Kitten

Bouquet of Diamonds

Fantastic Kitten

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 12:49 pm
RASTIN

User Image

Name: Rastin Morden (He's named after a Reaper character I have called Rastian, but much more based on another Gaia character with the same name. Morden is thanks to Drac and I have no idea what it means)

Rastian is a name I made up which has an equally made up meaning: "Keeper of Records".

I suppose for the sake of fun, Rastin could be a diminutive form for Rastian. However, because it's a shorter form of that name I'm going to give it the meaning "To Record" to separate the names.

Blood colour: #3A1063

Symbol: A book with an etching of a scythe on it.

Personality:

Rastin's a private troll who prefers to keep to his house and home. He doesn't go out for many reasons and makes it a point that he won't be rushed out of his house if he absolutely has to leave, either. He's particular in many ways, espescially in how he keeps his things and will fly off the handle if even the smallest thing is out of place. In fact, Rastin has so many mood swings, it's consistent. You'll never know when he's happy, angry, or sad unless you're close enough to him, and that can prove to be a struggle on it's own due to the cloak he wears. It's something about his constant "poker face" that keeps you from knowing just what he's thinking. Was he just smiling at you or was that a scowl? Does he feel like taking a walk with you or would he rather smack you over the head with a stick? It makes you wonder just how little he needs to be offset, and it all honesty, it's not very much at all. Loud noises, being tugged or grabbed at the collar, bright flashing lights, all of these are things that will drive him off his rocker if he can't get away from them. In fact, even if the books on his bookshelf aren't all aligned properly, it can effect his mood for an hour if it isn't fixed.

Rastin likes his routine and does absolutely everything in his power to keep it. However, being of the dependable sort, he also keeps any promises he makes. Even if he's the most ornery banner maker of the bunch, he'll be there no matter the wind or weather, and he'll get his share of the project done right. Hell, he'll even spend time making revisions until he's assured that everything is perfect. Just don't expect sunshine and rainbows while he's working, or, really, at all. He's there to fulfill a need and work, not be your best friend and skip off into the sunset. That's idiotic. His robes aren't made for skipping anyway.

Rastin doesn't care and it's incredibly transparent. He doesn't bother to cover up his utter distaste and boredom around you, nor will he bother to cover it up around anyone else. Oh, so what if you're a troll of higher blood? So's he, do you want a medal? He didn't get a medal, just unwanted attention that seems to follow him everywhere. He can't fathom why anyone would spend their time fawning over themselves and making a fuss about their blood. It's ridiculous and over the top. All he wants to do is drink his tea, pet CatDad, and be left alone. If you can't deal with that, that's not his problem. It's yours.

However, just because Rastin's filled with apathy, it doesn't mean he's incapable of caring. He's just very particular about what he cares about, with a lot of stress on the very. A huge amount of the reason why he's so particular is because he doesn't like to be forced out of his comfort zone before he's ready. Much like a cat, he'll do anything to get away from someone who's persistent in "suggesting trips" and "short adventures", and will try his damn best to fit into a cabinet if he feels that it's the only safe place he has left. The best way to get him to consider something is to slowly get him used to the idea. Giving him books about the subject, talking about how much fun you've had with others, anything that's done in a calm, subtle manner will not only earn you respect in the long run, but it might just get him to go out and do the thing with you! Slow and steady gets you so much more with Rastin than grabbing him by the hood and dragging him through the woods will ever do.

Also in the realm of caring, Rastin has two major weak spots that can't be ignored. Small children and cute, fluffy animals. He will abandon everything to pet a puppy, chop down trees to rescue kittens, and lead a whole troop of children to safety, it's a huge wall in his defenses. He'll literally morph into the biggest sap in the face of something cute and melt all over the place. This can be easily, and even hilariously, exploited if you ever should figure it out. However, he wouldn't be above smacking you over the head if you lie about three kittens being stuck in a well just to get him out of the house. Kittens are super serious business. As for children, Rastin's got a slight "big brother" complex with the littlest babbins of the world. Kids around the ages of six and under get all the special attention and maybe, if they're super sweet, a hug or two. He's a big sucker for adorable kids.

At the end of it all, Rastin's a ball of emotion who just needs patience, minimal stimulation, and the occasional fluffy animal to keep him from teetering over the edge of sanity. You can't make friends with him if you want to drag him out of his comfort zone from day one, you need to take things easy and slow. In the long run, if you manage to keep that up and become his friend, it will pay off. You'll have someone loyal and hardworking on your side who won't give up on something until it's perfect. Sure, it may take some hard work of your own if you're not used to someone like him, but it's well worth the effort.

----

Strengths:

Dependable: Despite being a homebody, Rastin keeps his promises when he makes them, even if he'd rather be home instead. Yeah, yeah, he agreed to help you move boxes, he's gonna help, just don't sound so happy. UGH. Where's the tea? He'll want tea. Get him some TEA. Stupid boxes...

Systematic: Rastin gets things done, plain and simple. He'll never leave something unfinished, no matter his mood. He's also good at juggling multiple tasks at once, it's like he was born to multitask. He gets his work done by making lists and pairing up easier tasks with other similar tasks. If three things can be done in the same room in a particular order, it makes getting them done easier, and a little fun if you ask him.

Hard-working: Along with his diligence, Rastin gets things done well. He takes his time with his work and works hard, assuring that each and every thing he completes is the best he could do. From housework to personal projects, you can be assured that Rastin poured his heart and soul into it, even if it was a task he didn't want to take in the first place.

Clever: Rastin's very good at solving problems and finding innovative ways around things. From the simplest hook and line device to full-scale escape plans, you can always count on Rastin to think of something that might just work. And, even if it doesn't work the first time, he'll always go back to the drawing board, no matter how many tries it takes.

Flaws:

Moody: Rastin's a very fickle individual who goes through throngs of emotions at the drop of a hat. You'll never know for sure what sort of mode he's in until you talk to him, and that alone can be a struggle. His hood hides far more than his face.

Stubborn: Rastin's the sort who refuses to budge from his daily routine and usual comforts. No, he won't bother visiting your house for a party, nor will he go out of his way on a journey. He'd much rather be close to home where it's comfortable, warm, and quiet.

Obsessive: Rastin obsesses over little details in things and his daily rituals to the point where it's an annoyance to others. His books must go in that corner and be tilted just the way he wants them, and his cloak can't be tied from right to left at any cost, lest he have a conniption and dissolve into a billion pieces.

Apathetic: Rastin simply doesn't care about what much of the world has to offer him. So what if he's of high-blood? What has that ever gotten him but unwanted admiration? He doesn't care for your gifts, he doesn't need to be constantly fawned over, and he just doesn't care about what you have to say. You're not lower than he is, nonsense, everyone is equally irritating in his eyes. His apathy extends only to the social aspect of his life, not to his personal life. He'll always care about what he wants to do for himself and remain staunchly particular about caring about what others want him to do.

CATDAD

Lusus: A gigantic cat creature with huge back muscles, copious amounts of fat, and a fluffy, squished in face (Think Persian). It's incredibly protective of Rastin and follows him everywhere, not that they really go many places, that is. The cat's pretty much the entire reason why Rastin doesn't travel further than the woods because it always barrels after him and picks him up by the scruff of his collar. Rastin is very attached to his Lusus, but is working hard on assuring that he won't die if he walks ten feet further than it would like.

The cat calls itself Chester, but Rastin will refer to it as "CatDad." CatDad, though masculine in appearance, has never given itself a gender. However, CatDad allows Rastin to call them whatever he'd like, which is why CatDad is called CatDad. They can be referred to by any gender pronoun, they don't have a preference.

Bouquet of Diamonds

Fantastic Kitten

Bouquet of Diamonds

Fantastic Kitten

HOME

Rastin lives in the forest in a cabin hive. It's two floored with a cellar door around the back. He uses the cellar for storage, pretty much only if his house should ever have too many things in it. His respiteblock is on the second floor of the hive, while a nutritionblock, living room, and small library/work room sit on the bottom floor. The hive feels warm, cozy, and very open and organized.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 12:50 pm
RELATIONSHIPS

Zeffer Siroco: "Broke my kitchen window, bled profusely, and then tried to avoid my offers for help with said bleeding. I thought him a moron, but he was nice enough that I still hope he's doing well."
Weywot Kuiper: "Dug up my property once with her lusus and helped me fix it back up. Not much else of note."
Sephos Arbola: "I find great comfort in talking to you and enjoying tea together. I think we understand one another quite well."
Psykgi Mentha: "To think I once thought you sane. Should we meet again, it will be too soon."
Chiara Moteku: "She apologized for fighting outside of my booth at Bloodfest. Not much else to note."
Zariah Rutace: "Likes tea and we traded bags of it during Bloodfest. I appreciated his apology, but I wished his "friend" had given me the same courtesy."
Caiden Banksy: "Please, for the love of all things good and holy, warn me before you try to hug me! ... Or don't hug me at all? That would be optimal!"
Opimus Fellah: "... I remember him as being oddly adorable? Perhaps charming in his attempts at making tea? I don't know, a positive person none the less."
Malice Ragoon: "Take your poor manners elsewhere. I will not tolerate that."
Fletch Queric: "FAYGO DOESN'T BELONG IN TEA..."
Nucleo Glatte: "I quite liked his coffee booth and enjoyed the soups he made as well. I would be interested in talking more with him at a later date."
Kolako Thelsi: "I have a few bracelets from her booth. I still wear them, occasionally. I can't recall much about her, though."
Panili Synemn: "Had a VERY NICE booth at Bloodfest that I was absolutely smitten with! ... However, that invitation and the events that soon followed after in Chittentown... I'm not certain I'm comfortable with what I've gotten myself into by meeting her..."
Mahmud Seshat: "Met him during that terrifying experience in Chittentown. I swear, if he ever needs me to help him out, I will. He seems like a very good kid."
Amonee Brycer: "Very pretty and persistent."
Punkie Vielli: "Mark my words you demented clown, if you dare speak about Sephos like that again, I will make you regret every word you've ever spoken."
Keionx Rutace: "I look forward to what you have to teach me, no matter how difficult it may be."

Bouquet of Diamonds

Fantastic Kitten

Bouquet of Diamonds

Fantastic Kitten

POSSESSIONS

User Image

A box of mooncakes Rastin earned during a festival he really didn't want to attend. Most of them have been eaten by now.

OFFICIAL ART

User ImageUser Image

Rastin as a kid! If you can't tell if he's angry with you or thinking, that's exactly what he's hoping for. 8V

User Image

Grumpy child has evolved into Brooding Teenager! Congratulations? 8D

Bouquet of Diamonds

Fantastic Kitten

Bouquet of Diamonds

Fantastic Kitten

RP LOG

KID

Window Pains (With Zeffer) (1041 words total) (DEAD)
Digging Tunnels (With Weywot) (509 words total) (DEAD)
Call a Firedrone? (With Sephos) (548 words total) (FIN)
The Nightly Grind 1 (With many) (561 words total)
No amount of water will ever make us clean... (With Psykgi) (545 words total) (FIN)
Tea Between... Friends. (With Sephos) (500+ words total) (FIN)
Tea Troubles (With Zariah) (DEAD)

HARVEST MOON JUBILEE
BLOODFEST 2016
GROWTH QUEST: TEEN

TEEN

SUMMER META 2016: THE GREAT SPACE RACE (COUNTING AS BATTLE)

[GRO] Sephos Arbola (1988 words total) (FIN)
[PRP] Whining and Dining [Rastin/Psykgi] (4530 words total) (FIN)
[PRP] Sun and Moon [Rastin/Amonee] (905 words total) (Ongoing; Inactive?)
[PRP] CHILD DON'T TOUCH THAT! [Rastin/Kaldru] (257 words total) (Ongoing; Inactive?)
[PRP] No Words, Only Tea [Rastin/Sephos] (504 words total) (Ongoing)
[PRP] Cream of the Crop (Rastin/Punkie) (947 words total) (FIN)
[PRP] Earth and Sky (Rastin/Sephos) (1136 words total) (FIN)
[PRP] Milk and Tea (Rastin/Keionx) (1158 words total) (FIN)

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 12:51 pm
STATS

WHERE THE HELL DO I GET STATS FOR YOU I SHOULD LINK WHERE HERE LATER, BUT IT'S THE SAME FOR EVERYONE UNLESS YOU'RE SPECIAL

THIS IS HOW YOU BATTLE
WHAT DO ARTIFACTS DO AGAIN?

User ImageUser Image
Post where you ordered this yes
Post where it was dropped with a tiny note for the future

Weapon:
Teen: A military grade scythe, the metal is purple and the handle is silver and gray. He has a matching artifact that hangs off of it. Defensive style B.
Adult and beyond: A super fancy scythe. The metal is purple and the rest of it is black and super intricately detailed, like WHOA. The artifact may stay the same. Defensive style B

Novice Artifact; Defensive B: nullify the damage from the last hit, 1x per battle.
RP fluff: The lantern emits a piercing light when in use, temporarily stunning the opponent and nullifying any damage to Rastin for that turn.

Power: None, he just waves his scythe around like that old guy down the road does his cane. 8U "GET OFF MY LAWN!"

Bouquet of Diamonds

Fantastic Kitten

Bouquet of Diamonds

Fantastic Kitten

BATTLE LOG

TEEN

[SUMMER META 2016] x1 Battle
[BATT] Misunderstanding By Moonlight [Rastin/Keionx] (WIN; FIN) (1513 words total)
[META BATT] On Edge [Rastin/Keionx] (LOSE; FIN)

FAN ART

User Image

By blackbird cake! (It's so ACCURATE OHMYGOD)

User Image

By Common Daizee (Formerly Ka-ray-zee!) * U*

User Image

By Silhh (He's appalled at how cute this is, but I'm not)

Bouquet of Diamonds

Fantastic Kitten

Bouquet of Diamonds

Fantastic Kitten

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 12:52 pm
RESERVED

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 12:52 pm
RESERVED

Bouquet of Diamonds

Fantastic Kitten

Bouquet of Diamonds

Fantastic Kitten