Ian Scarlet // Jaded Dissident // APPROVED

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Snoofington

Merry Krampus

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 1:42 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

IAN SCARLET
JADED DISSIDENT
He's lived here all his life, this little town, and he feels like he's barely experienced any of it. His father's a priest in a tiny religious sect that his mother converted to long before he was born, he grew up out of public school, out of touch with his peers, and always on the outside looking in. For ages he never questioned it, he knew this was how things were because that's what he was told -- it's hard not to listen to someone when they leave bruises on you for being curious -- but now he's older, he's grown a spine, and he's sick of it. Ian wants to live his life, make his own choices, and dammit he wants to make sure others have that opportunity too.

ANGER MANAGEMENT REJECT
As much as he hates it, Ian is extremely easy to provoke. He becomes irritated merely at the mention of people he doesn't like, the presence of unfamiliar or rude men, when people refuse to think for themselves, the list can go on and on with his lesser gripes and that's not even counting his minor pet peeves. It's what happens when he goes beyond that first notch of unfiltered frustration that's proved especially troublesome for him throughout his life and, try as he might, he can't seem to reign in it. Let's be real, though, he isn't actually an anger management reject because he's never even been to a single session.

The fact of the matter is, Ian gets violent. He may only start physical fights about fifty percent of the time but if someone picks one with him you can be damn sure he'll finish it. There is the added bonus of not minding his business if he happens to overhear things that piss him off and he will storm right over there without a moment's notice to try and handle the situation. He desperately wants to change this hangup, make it useful, make it positive, something to guard and protect those who can't protect themselves, but breaking a broom handle across someone's back because they were loudly calling their girlfriend a b***h isn't the easiest thing to take a shine to. In fact, most of the time, the people he's trying to protect wind up just as upset with or scared of him as their abuser. He's lost friends because of it, not that he's ever had many to begin with, and even a few jobs because he couldn't keep his nose out of customer's problems. It's a taxing situation and it has followed him all his life with no sign of calming, which only makes him angry at himself for letting it take over.

Here's a hint, Ian: getting angry about being angry isn't going to make you less angry.

RIGHT PLACE, WRONG TIME
For better or worse, Ian often finds himself around situations just before they escalate. If he walks in on some kind of fight or shouting match, it's always right when things start which gives him ample opportunity to intervene.

ANYTHING ELSE?
An only child, his parents married before he was even thought about. His father is an Ashdown native while his mother moved there after a few summer visits when she was fresh out of high school. Peter Scarlet is a priest and Sharon Scarlet works at a small flower shop that her son moonlights at when he can't find other work. Ian was home schooled, and not with any sanctioned tutor or private school. He grew up in a household that adhered to the old adage of "spare the rod, spoil the child" and that good old religious flavor. Ian was raised by the teachings of the Church of the Morning Sun, a small local sect in Ashdown. It looks Christian, feels Pagan, smells a bit musty and has kind of a weird aftertaste. Currently, Ian still lives at home with his mother and father. It's a little hard to move out when you have trouble holding down a job, most of your social network consist of the same damn people day in and day out, and you can't drive.

- He's a personal character I've had for Years who has gone through a lot of thoughtful revision and private use. Ian has only seen the light of day in public or b/c related things starting with The Five Wells, which is a very different setting to Ashdown but Ian's character and themes are intact. You can read more about him there and see him in action.
- As such, his appearance is already well decided so he would qualify as a custom in all comfort but I am super willing to negotiate however that would work best for staff.  
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 12:04 pm
Dude, love it. Hit me up on AIM to talk about the cult thing (hencethefortress)!!

However his power is a Riser power. A Dreamer power is a way the world bends to make life easier for the dreamer! So something like "Dogs like Ian a lot. All dogs." would work better, although that is just a really dumb example off the top of my head. More seriously, maybe "Ian always tends to find situations right before they escalate" (and then escalates them himself WHOOPS) or something?

ex o ex Snoof

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

Snoofington

Merry Krampus

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 1:09 pm
Oops!! Alrighty, I will change the power right up. I think I will actually go ahead with that suggested one, if that's alright, it makes... a lot of sense... given his Entire Being LMAO Thanks so much!

But aaahhh unfortunately I don't have AIM gonk I've got skype and gchat, would either of those work?

shibrogane

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 1:56 pm
My Skype is shibrogane (you don't say) and I'll hop on later tonight :3

APPROVED

ex o ex Snoof

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

quests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash