Submit

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 11:37 am
MEANS OF CONTACT
FROM EASIEST TO R U EVEN ALIVE

pm: always open!
      quoting me: is a must because I'm scatterbrained OTL
      tumblr chat: medi-jay (LISTEN I'm more often on my phone and tumblr is a time suck so it's sometimes more used than aim ok)
      aim: Mediciner1234 (my online time can be sporadic, but I do take offline messages!)

I live in CST and tend to get online in the evening, but I'm usually able to be contacted at any point in the day!

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 11:39 am
DAWSON GRACE
ALL-AMERICAN ALTRUISM
journal here

WHAT REMAINS THE SAME:
  • one (adopted) fat happy Southerner from Georgia (partially raised in Louisiana as well, has family in several states because they breed like rabbits)
  • has a problem called I care too much; seriously, he'll empathize with just about any problem you tell him and feel obligated to help find a solution
  • has done a variety of jobs before Ashdown: anything from mowing lawns to helping fix broken washing machines; as such he's got random skill sets and a penchant for knowing random facts about things
  • NERDY THINGS!!! POP CULTURE REFERENCES!!!!!! Puns.
  • Dawson's got a bit of a knight paladin streak in him. If he sees someone in trouble, he'll drop what he's doing to go right in and help, nosy or not.
  • Daws likes to celebrate random holidays and keeps a calendar that lists even the most obscure and unofficial ones
  • He is the most awkward when it comes to anyone flirting with him regardless of gender, so have at it. Alternatively, him being too nice may come across as flirtatious as well, leading to many hilariously stupid misunderstandings.

WHAT HAS CHANGED:
  • While the Sweet Spot remains, Dawson no longer works there. He has somehow managed to land a job as a park ranger along with Finn that he's had for about a year and a half now.
  • Subsequently, he is no longer a car-dweller and has secured himself a home. His van is now a beat up looking truck.
  • His daughter, Daisy, never existed. This absence has disturbed him greatly despite never having been successful in getting custody of her. This need to care for someone is often displaced and emphasized and clutched at, whatever the other person says.

RPS NEEDED RELATED TO QUESTS:
    To Become Were Bear:
    • An accidental partial transformation into your were's half-form: choose one physical trait. (500 words) (most likely will solo)
    • A mental or physical change relating to your were animal, whichever you didn't do the first round. (500 words) (most likely will solo)
    • 3 rps about anything
    To Get Provoker's Necklace:
    • Additional RP where Daws learns about Other AD
    • a RP wherein Dawson finds himself in other ashdown and must learn how to shield himself (tag in Whaler for a surprise!) (may do alone but won't mind company!)
    • a RP with another visitor in other ashdown where Dawson practices shielding (obviously need to wait to do this one but putting it up for reference)

medigel

Anxious Spirit

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 4:18 pm
JACK HAWTHORN
PURSUANT PHOTOGRAPHER
journal here (still working on it)

In short, he is:
  • A giant half-Korean. Seriously, 6'7"??? Why.
  • Awful at small talk but straightforward with communicating; terrible in casual social environments, but knows his manners
  • Did not have a childhood in the sense of fun. Most of it was controlled by his parents, which has left him unprepared as an adult in many respects. May or may not get teased for his ineptitude at even the most basic things, like friendship
  • A graduate in biochemistry for the money/his parents but a photographer at heart; loves to snatch random moments he thinks are meaningful, or that fit his #aesthetic
  • Loves any and all things regarding the supernatural; still believes he caught a ghost on camera when he was younger and pursues all leads that support his theory about The Other Side Existing Otherbeasts
  • Terrible at taking care of himself now that he lives in an apartment on his own.
  • Terrible at making friends.
  • All in all, just terrible really.

What he's best for:
  • Glamor shots? Minor photoshopping edits? A little compensation and he probably won't mind helping.
  • Investigative reporting is something he's interested in. Investigations of most anything, really; he likes learning what he can about what and who he encounters, fancying himself a burgeoning detective. If it involves ghosts or other weird happenings, even better.
  • I'd put more but he's the worst ok. See below.

Other Plot Hooks:
  • Pre-existing connections. I'd really love to plot out him knowing some other people through various means, be they friends, enemies, frienemies, one-night stands, exes, what have you. You may know him through the following:
  • Hawthorn is an old name in Ashdown. His father, Charles Merrimont Hawthorn II, is known as an entrepreneur who likes to keep a finger on the pulse of the city's rising and falling businesses. He's previously donated to charities, but despite the public face, some rumors are abound that he's not the most faithful husband. The name Hawthorn has also been associated with strangely bad luck--for instance, the house Jack grew up in was rebuilt twice over the course of six generations due to fires. It's said some ancestor must have really shat on the family karma.
  • Jack has been in Ashdown all his life and currently attends Rider-Waite as a graduate in biochem. He may know other people based on the location/classes alone, or through the school paper he works for as a photographer.
  • He currently works at a convenience store and contributes to several magazines and newspapers that take freelance work.
  • Haunted places, reported sightings of such and such, rumors of strange noises or figures, graveyards -- he's the weird kid who can often be seen there with his equipment, trying to catch a glimpse of the beyond.
  • Insert your plot here! Pls. Pls.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 4:21 pm

reserved for whoever ends up being 3rd powered character

medigel

Anxious Spirit

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 4:24 pm

reserved because I can

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 4:53 pm

Aaaaand go!

medigel

Anxious Spirit

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 5:29 pm
CHRIS IS A 6'4" HALF-KOREAN THEY NEED TO MEET

ok now that im done screaming sorry lmao, Yeah Chris can possibly know him as an old connection? He's lived in Ashdown for a long time, he moved when he was 7 to korea, came back when he was 15, and has been here since. How well they've gotten along can be um, debatable lmao.
Chris is currently a teacher at the highschool, is a graduate at the college?? He takes classes but is mostly around just because his teaching degree is taking awhile.

medigel

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 5:42 pm
i just gotta see

dawson and rabbit

in an rp together someday

they have very similar powers which would one day be fun to explore nope i haven't read your quest thread at all nopppeeeeeeee :B <3

and they're both smiling helpful dudes though rabbit's smiles are a little creepy but we won't get into that

and rabbit's sister's birthday is coming up maybe he can come in to get a cake

/gets down on knees and raises arms to sky

i need this

Smerdle

Scamp

OpticPeach

Otherworldly Bear

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 6:01 pm
Medi ILU rp with meeeeee. I have Diana who could be buddies with Jack? ;D She's already friends with Chel. XD Also Mel could hang out with Dawson they can be homeless buddies.  
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 8:42 pm
PeanutButterpies

ohmygoshthatsperfect

Jack's mom would have definitely pushed for more interaction with Koreans in the area, so if nothing else their beginnings could be a "yeah we saw each other when our parents had things.....it was cool I guess......" Also just Jack talking s**t about other people in Korean like it's their secret language ok.

What sort of teaching degree does he have? ovo

Smerdle

Do I even have the right to ask rp of you
I'm so bad
I'm so BAD
You patient creature you

I actually remembered Rabbit had the exact same power like a second after I posted and was like dflgkdfklgjs well good thing they can have similar things because I did a Great Job Plagiarizing

Come get a cake Rabbit and pls don't mind the bunny puns and also be prepared to tell him all about ur fam is ur sis cute how old is she etc

OpticPeach

YES GOOD I was actually gonna pm you like tomorrow or so about having Jack work part time at the thrift store + Chel friendship = BONDING! SICK MINIMUM WAGE THRILLS! COLLEGE GDI!!

And then when Max comes in they all just have to have a movie night again y/y

Mel can hang with Daws in a public free space because IT IS THEIR PRIVILEGE AS CITIZENS. If she knows more about what's been going on, he's starting to get kinda creeped out by what civs have been seeing. Otherwise, come enjoy the leftover cakeballs his boss keeps giving him. /o/ Tell him about those debt woes.

medigel

Anxious Spirit

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 9:47 pm
medigel

Chris talking s**t in korean more like his entire life motive tbh. He's a sweet kid but sometimes, SOMETIMES, ppl deserve it ok. Also they could probably bond over shoes too, Chris has some really nice pairs. He's always lookin for shoes

Chris is going for a general science degree for teaching K-12 because he has no sense of self preservation and I'm definitely kinda making it up on the fly. He teaches Biology in particular at the high school and that's currently his focus, although he teaches at all 3 schools on this rotating schedule I made up.

Also Chris makes food including kimchi and if he ever realizes Jack can't cook he will show up with food and worry. and maybe try to teach him how to cook.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 6:00 pm
medigel

Yeeeees. Come let Diana take care of him and show him the ropes. Also it means Chel has a central place to come bug them both. XD

She's heard things, but not much even with living there her whole life. She's sort of clueless. Oops.  

OpticPeach

Otherworldly Bear

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 10:14 pm
OpticPeach

Kekeke yessss that was my thinking as well. I can start the Thrift Store one if you take on the hobos?

PeanutButterpies

pls
pls save his bachelor a** and help him remember how 2 cook

If you want, we could do a drabble sort of rp and do these various moments (bachelor a** saving, shoe fawning (although Jack would be more lowkey about it because he still thinks it's not right to like them this much whoops), Jack visiting Chris at school because BIOLOGYYYYYYY, etc.)! I find it helps establish a connection easier.

Also it's funny that his name is Chris because one of his friend's cousins that he can't stand has that name, so he'll probably start being referred to as The Better Chris. XD

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 10:17 pm
medigel

Will do!  

OpticPeach

Otherworldly Bear

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 10:27 pm
medigel

Yes that sounds good to me!! And omg chris is... so far gone in the shoe caring although he's more "oxfords are life and maybeilikeheels but i will fight you if you talk to me about it"

edit: i just realized i never asked, would you like me to start it??

plot threads

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff