Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 2:25 pm
CHELSEA AARON CRAFT
PROMISCUOUS REBEL

Step one, go out and party, step two, crash on someone's bed couch, step three, do it again. Her life doesn't get much more complicated than that. She likes people. She likes high energy situations. She doesn't want anyone (particularly authority figures) harshing her (or anyone else's) mellow. She doesn't want things to get any more complicated than that, and if someone threatens that idyllic cycle she'll pull the ******** off their high horse.

THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME

She doesn't get close enough for people to leave her. She leaves people. She's compassionate and she really cares but she can't care too much or it'll leave her. Worse yet, it will matter when they do. She's insecure but she's chill as ice. She'll sleep with anyone but she won't stay the next morning. Quite frankly, Chel doesn't know where her pieces fall and putting them back together is something she's never bothered to do. She's social and she NEEDS to bounce from person to person to not feel abandoned, but then the fear arises that she will be abandoned and so she does the abandoning. Then its on to the next person.

The core of the trouble is her lack of home. Every couch she surfs is home, every person she meets is home, but at the same time she's suffering from homesickness. She knows her lifestyle isn't a good one, but she can't imagine a different one. She has no place of her own and she desperately wants a place but won't let herself have it. She doesn't know how to let herself have it. There's no home because she destroys it before it can be built.

It's complicated.

QUICK ESCAPE

Whether it be a phone call at just the right time or an alley to duck into just when she needs it, Chel always seems to be able to slip out of situations when things are getting awkward, uncomfortable or altogether dangerous.

OTHER

• Can read more here
  • Chel has been ported from This is Halloween & countless au drabbles so she has a lot of background peripheral knowledge that will come into play. I intend on focusing her more on the "what if" of the civilian aspect. In her origin universe she didn't have a lot of a chance to explore "normal" life (even if Ashdown life is far from normal).

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 5:21 pm
Hello chii! Just a couple of critiques for you to go on.

If she pushes people away and doesn't get close enough to get hurt, how does she get other people's problems/enough for her stack to crumble? While I understand distancing to protect yourself, it gets a bit contradictory with how far she seems emotionally willing to go for others. I love her self-contradiction, but that may be extreme with what limited interactions she gives herself.

Her trouble is sad and good, but it pulls in two different directions- it may personally be me, but I don't know that homesickness is the way to describe it? Maybe permanence. There's a connotation to homesickness that you have a specific place in mind. The self-sabotage is brilliantly sad, however, and I'm really excited to see how that plays out.

On her power- on-fleek makeup and hair dye are perfect, but to to emphasize for my own paranoid sake, this is only something she'll be able to do on herself. Unless she's regularly practiced on others and has the natural skill for it, it's only going to be fleek (and I use this in the concept of like. Contouring that makes me want to cry in envy) on herself. This isn't a crit perse, but more me just wanting to touch base after your questions!

I do want to ask, though- what's this background peripheral knowledge that's coming into play for her?

Feel free to quote back to discuss! And lemme know if this all makes sense!

Edited afterthought: I don't know that Ashdown has a shitty inner city. Maybe more like... older, rural decaying outskirts?  

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 8:44 pm
Moonstone Dazzle

hey moooon <333

she doesn't push people away, she just doesn't let them get close and i think there's a difference there. you can be really welcoming and open to hanging out with people/getting to know people/being social (which she is!) but you don't neccessary give a lot of information about yourself and become attached to anyone. alternatively (and i think this applies more to chel) she does act social and form those attachments but then when she realizes the attachment exists, she ollies out. i like to think of it as like ... she'll go to parties/outings/hang out with people and be chipper and welcoming but she won't be the person to call them back. or if a girlfriend suddenly said "i love you" she'd probably freeze up and start backing out of the relationship/even potentially cheat on them. i think people are nuanced like that and sometimes do have self-contradictions to that extreme. i probably didn't word it well and i can definitely edit it xD

and with homesickness i mean that she's desiring this place her in mind but 1) she's already "home" with chris/her lifestyle but at her core she knows its not a good lifestyle/home and 2) she won't GIVE herself the home that she could have. i can replace the wording so it makes sense.

sounds good for the power! ill keep it in mind <3

and background peripheral knowledge i meant that ive roleplayed her for ... like ... 4 years (??) now and i have this bulk of knowledge that will go into her backstory. i know it was mentioned in the quest that we should mention if there's any other writing we can link to and i just wanted to mention that it does exist <3 but with that in mind i wanted to also mention how me playing in ashdown will be different from those other peripheral sources.  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 11:52 pm
Moonstone Dazzle

apologies for the double quote but i changed chel's ability and id love to hear your thoughts on it!  

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 5:43 pm
Hey chii, thanks for touching back! Love the new power, it's fantastic.

I'm still not seeing a change about "inner city ashdown", which doesn't quite work with the setting.

Secondly, and this is ENTIRELY my fault I forgot this/overlooked this- your high concept needs to be distilled down to a paragraph. 5-7 sentences, at most, that define the core of who your character is. I'm happy to help on this if you want to bounce ideas off me. The title also needs to tie to the High Concept, and kind of be... the summary of who they are? Something about her inability to settle down, rather than promiscuous? Lemme know your thoughts.

I think the issue with the trouble, too, is the length. A lot of the information could be brought up in character/other, focusing specifically on the homesick aspect of it as the core of her trouble. Again, totally my fault on not catching the length thing. I own up to this entirely and apologize.

Let me know what you think!  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 9:33 pm
I think we're ready to roll! Calling in the boss now!
shibrogane

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 10:08 am
Approved

quests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash