Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Enoh Love

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:40 am
eli ellis
CHAOTIC CRAFTER

Eli enjoys her chaos. She enjoys living in it, creating it, and simply being around when it happens, watching it all with sleepy eyes and an impish grin. It makes life interesting! She has a Theatre Production degree and Special Effects Artist certifications under her belt, and she uses them to her advantage - both for a career, and as a way to make rather elaborate pranks. Her new home is still a mess, her young son is a ball of energy, she still has some commissioned projects to finish, and her beloved husband is away on tour. Life is an absolutely chaotic, and she wouldn't have it any other way.

WHEN THE CAT'S AWAY…

Fake blood capsules hidden in cupcakes. Fake eyeballs and gore. Gifted dolls with hidden blinking mechanisms on timers. Eli loves to scare people. Usually, her husband is around to stop her pranks before they go too far. Now, Devin is away on tour - and will be for a few months to come. Normally, this would be the perfect time to get herself into some (mostly harmless) trouble. Unfortunately, she's struggling to keep up with her work and raise their son, so doesn't have as much of an opportunity to live the pranking life she wants to.

???

(being considered!)

EVERYTHING ELSE

• Full Name: Elizabeth Ellis
  • Nicknames: Copy, Sprite/Ice Sprite
  • Birthday: November 9th, 1991
  • Spouse: Devin Finn (Married October 31st, 2012)
  • Offspring: Otto Austin Ellis-Finn (born October 30th, 2013)
  • Other Family: Parents: Maury and Donna Ellis + Siblings: Darryl (Elder), Shaun (Twin), Rory (Younger) + In-laws: David and Melody Finn
  • Career: Eli is a seamstress, prop-maker and make-up artist working out of home. She offers custom costumes and etc through her website, but also doesn't mind the occasional drop-in request. There's a small sign offering her services, and it tends to change with the seasons and holidays (it's especially horrifying on halloween). Devin is a musician, and is current away on tour.
  • Appearance: Long, light brown hair. Aqua-blue eyes, lidded to always look sleepy or disinterested. Pale skin. 5'2".
  • On Ashdown: She and Devin moved to Ashdown two months ago. They appreciated its small-town feel, good schools, and overall affordability. They live in a small side-split house that needs some renovating, but is definitely being worked on.
  • Other things: Has been known to have very cold hands. Horrible at any card game.

Eli originated from an old Persona-inspired RP. She was the scout of the group. I've decided to keep her history (home life, school experiences, past friends and connections) more or less the same. She's been aged up, and a few additions added to carry her original story forward. I'll be omitting the persona aspects of her past for obvious reasons, with the small exception of her potential Ashdown power; I thought it would be nice to keep that as a tiny throwback. The rest of her will be tweaked where needed for the shop setting!  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:35 pm
Hi Enoh! Guess who gets to be guinea pig number two?! It's you! Aren't you just a lucky duck?!

First of all, I love Eli. She seems absolutely adorable to me, and definitely someone I'm looking forward to playing with. I just have a couple of things here for you.

While pranking is a great and adorable part of her personality, I don't necessarily see it as a trouble. The trouble needs to be something that drives and pushes your character. For a suggestion- perhaps consider the trouble being oriented around how she's very involved with her son and work, and doesn't necessarily have the time for the crazy, prank-filled lifestyle she desires? Something that could build a good character arc from what you do with her, rather than other people's responses to it.

For Never Lost, this could get a little dicey pretty quickly with involvement in Other Ashdown. It's just a bit too strong for a Dreamer power. Think more along the lines of everyday conveniences- your phone always has just enough power to get home, your favorite shoes never wear out, etc.

I like how developed she is in her other-stuff, but I thiiiiink cold hands may be possibly mistaken as a power, so might drop that? Just to be extra cautious safe, cause I'm a paranoid weenie.

Quote me back with any updates and thoughts!
Enoh Love

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

Enoh Love

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:11 pm
Moonstone Dazzle

:'D! I love being a guinea pig!

Thank you! I've missed playing her. I will certainly tweak the trouble! I think half way through writing it I tried to go for the 'is too busy' route, just didn't quite write it right. I blame being tired! Thank you for catching this. C:

On the power note, I think I meant never lost as more like…she manages to find the way back to where she needs to be? Not necessarily a 'I know where everything is'. If you don't think that's okay, would something like 'steady hands' work? Like, her hands won't shake, even when performing minuscule tasks? I'm still poking around this area to see what is okay vs not okay with powers, so if you have any suggestions, please let me know! I really appreciate the help.

Would it make you feel better if I specified that the cold hands thing isn't a power? C:  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:22 pm
Enoh Love
Moonstone Dazzle

:'D! I love being a guinea pig!

Thank you! I've missed playing her. I will certainly tweak the trouble! I think half way through writing it I tried to go for the 'is too busy' route, just didn't quite write it right. I blame being tired! Thank you for catching this. C:

On the power note, I think I meant never lost as more like…she manages to find the way back to where she needs to be? Not necessarily a 'I know where everything is'. If you don't think that's okay, would something like 'steady hands' work? Like, her hands won't shake, even when performing minuscule tasks? I'm still poking around this area to see what is okay vs not okay with powers, so if you have any suggestions, please let me know! I really appreciate the help.

Would it make you feel better if I specified that the cold hands thing isn't a power? C:

Of course! So, dreamer powers minorly influence the world around you. They're not necessarily something you do, but something small that just happens. Here's our official writeup on it

Dreamers have a very small, generally unnoticeable power. A Dreamer might always be able to find her car keys, or never have phone trouble, or always be able to find just enough change for the pizza delivery tip. These are tiny things that make their lives easier, not harder. They don't affect others-- you're not going to be compelling truth or getting someone to give you a dollar --but they do have an effect on the world around the character. A good reference point is something like Sims lifetime rewards. You're not gonna be able to dine and dash, but you might always just know where that butterfly you need to finish out your collection is. Cool!

And maybe phrasing it like "They always seem to have cold hands," rather than just ALWAYS? Just because that always/never language can be dicey.  

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

Enoh Love

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:34 pm
Moonstone Dazzle

Okay! I'll have to ponder something else for a power, then! I think I've fixed the trouble and the tricky cold hands wording in the mean time though.

Thank you so much for your help so far!  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:35 pm
Just off the top of my head- always gets a bargain on craft materials? Just happens to have that Michaels coupon handy, or know a guy at the LED/makeup store?  

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

quests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces