Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hivestuck

Back to Guilds

Homestuck inspired troll related b/c 

Tags: homestuck, troll, breedables, mspa, alternia 

Reply Alternia RP
[BATT] Force of Habit (Etsali vs Keionx)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:44 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Old habits die hard. And old rivals, well....

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:46 pm
Swamp water splashed up around her boots as she trudged past another copse of trees, but Etsali did her level best to ignore it. She usually made a point of sticking to the drier paths throughout the area that the rebels called home, but unfortunately she hadn't quite managed to find one going out this far and necessity called. She'd been doing some target practice with the kunai she'd found, getting used to the weight of them and working out that little twinge that lingered in her arm, but one of the knives had gone wide and disappeared out of sight. There'd been a distant thud instead of a splash, so she had hope, but she was quickly getting tired of the search.

Really, it couldn't have possibly gone much further than this, but she still couldn't- Aha! She hurried over to reach for the blade sticking out of a tree trunk and then immediately froze. That noise...there was someone else out here? And they'd probably heard her splashing around too, loud as anything. Mentally cursing, the thief took a brief moment to hope it wasn't one of those swamp monsters and then poked her head around just enough to catch a glimpse of the source of the movement.

The alarm faded, but she scowled anyway as she pulled her head back. It was hard to ignore Keionx's presence in the rebel base when she just showed up so inconveniently. Well, she still had a bone to pick with the orangeblood, and Ephias wasn't here to see, was he? And even if he did catch wind of a fight, the swamp was a dangerous place, things happened. She tugged her kunai out of the tree, checked its edge quickly, then stuck a finger through its handle to idly spin it around. The mocking smile came easy.

"Well, look what we have here." She stepped around the tree and approached Keionx with a carefully controlled casualness. "Funny we should run into each other out here, huh? Been a while since we had a talk, right, Keionx?" She glanced the teen over, searching out weakness, and then tilted her head. "You know," she continued with false cheer, "I've been wanting to ask you something!" And her smile widened, baring teeth.

"How's being a criminal suiting your little code of honor?"

DraconicFeline

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:35 pm
KitsuneAura

Quote:
Keionx
HP: 20/20
Military Grade Weapon: 1d6+1

Shield - Adept Defense B Artifact: Nullify 2/2
Adept Trinket, Offense A: 3/3 Charges, 1d4+1 damage 3/3 uses per charge
---

Keionx was, herself, training, out in the swamp. Training indoors with equipment was all well and good, but sometimes one just needed to play in the mud and learn how to fight effectively despite the thick goo. She was stretching, already splattered with muck.

A thud caught her attention and she turned, halfway between bristlingly ready for a fight and ready to greet a member of the initiative - it could be either out here. A knife - someone else practicing? She heard the sounds of squelching in the mud and stood, waiting to see just who would come into view.

Her good mood evaporated as the sounds revealed themselves to be a certain rougish orangeblood. She tensed, her teeth clenching, but she was prepared to swallow her pride and greet Etsali at least cordially. Despicable and obnoxious though she was, she was owed some measure of courtesy as a fellow member of the initiative and a friend of Ephias'.

But nope. Etsali had to open her mouth. All cordiality went out the metaphorical window, and it was not Keionx's fault. "Hello Etsali." she growled, glaring at her. She was being obnoxiously easy in her manner, and this made Keionx tense more. PReviously willing to give the theif the benefit of the doubt, Keionx was suddenly not so sure. Without Ephias nearby to mind her, what was Etsali up to, because she was always up to something. And she had a question.

Keionx had sheathed her sword and had been practicing hand-to-hand, but she reached, partway, for the blade. Warily. "What?" she responded, her eyes never leaving Etsali.

The question made her bristle. It was none of her business how Keionx felt about this. "How does being honorable suit your criminality?!" she fired back. It was a good comeback, if she thought so herself.  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 3:41 pm
"Answering questions with questions is no fun." Etsali's response was quick, laced with genuine amusement and a rather obvious attempt not to simply burst into laughter. Keionx still didn't get it. She was never going to get it, was she? The thief spread her arms to the sides, palms up, easy and unafraid. "But I'll give you an example of an answer if you need a little help, one rebel to another." She arched a brow, waiting just a second as if she really cared for a response, and then continued on.

"It suits me perfectly. Better than, really." She shifted her stance again, moving one hand to a hip as she stared down her fellow orangeblood. "I mean, really, even you must've heard the phrase 'honor amongst thieves' before, right? And I'm pretty sure we've been through just how good I can be at doing the right thing." She shrugged. "Anyway, it really just brings me back to my point, doesn't it? How exactly are you expecting they're gonna keep this little outpost going? You think any of us criminals are gonna be able to just buy what we need?"

Although, really, if Keionx decided she didn't want to eat stolen food, Etsali wasn't going to complain when she starved. With a thoughtful little hum, the thief changed track again, just slightly. "Actually, now that I think on it. In light of these changes in circumstances, I think you owe me a little something." For a moment, she thought of a pocket watch, scuffed up and a little dirty, but the words that came out instead were "Like, say... An apology."

DraconicFeline

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 8:54 am
KitsuneAura

Keionx had no intention of making this interaction fun. In fact, she was tempted to be quite rude and outright ignore the horrible raccoon b***h altogether. That was a civilized thing to do. It would also give her the higher moral ground (When defending herself to a certain redblood) if Etsali decided to attack because, for all her beastshit about honor among theives, Keionx was sure that their definitions of honor differed. Greatly. Still, she was willing to respect that Etsali had something approximating honor, if the little masked s**t didn't keep rubbing it in her face.

She was going on about stealing and criminals and sneering in that way she did. "Of course not." said Keionx, "That would be absurd." The rebels could not buy officially, not without exposing themselves to all kinds of trouble. It was stupid to think otherwise. The outpost survived on hunting, on crafting, on cultivating contacts to buy from, and yes, on stealing. "What of it, Etsali. What is thy point?" she said. She knew what Etsali was driving at, of course, but she did not - she realized, with an internal shrug - care.

Keionx took up a defiant pose, pinning Etsali with an unreadably intense look. "Let us be clear. I owe you nothing Etsali." she growled, grabbing the handle of her sword and freeing it just a few inches, enough to have it shine metallically in the grubby swamp light in threat. "Get thee away."  
KitsuneAura rolled 2 6-sided dice: 2, 3 Total: 5 (2-12)
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 9:16 pm
"No?" Etsali's eyes slid to the flash of metal as Keionx freed the sword and settled there for an appreciative moment. When they returned to the orangeblood's face, it was almost as though it had been an afterthought. "Alright. How about...Hm, yeah, how about a thank you then? 'Thank you ever so much for preparing me for my honorable life of crime, Etsali!' See how easy that'd roll off the tongue?" She tilted her head, judging how well the phrasing went over. "You do still have it, don't you? The mask?"

Really, she couldn't care less if Keionx did or not, it was just another button to push and see what happened. But at this point even she was getting a little tired of the back and forth, so she shrugged again, quick and careless, and put her hands up in mock placation. "Alright, alright. I can see I've picked a nerve in there somewhere. Let me make it up to ya with another favor." She'd already been holding the kunai in one hand, motioning loosely with it, but now she shifted her grip on it into something battle-ready.

"The leaders want us ready to fight at a moment's notice, you know?" She didn't give that one a moment to sink in, just immediately rushed Keionx with every intention of knocking her off balance before that sword came totally out.

DraconicFeline
Military Grade Weapon
Damage: 0

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

DraconicFeline rolled 2 6-sided dice: 2, 5 Total: 7 (2-12)

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 6:32 am
KitsuneAura

Quote:
Keionx

0 damage dealt/size]

Keionx indeed still had the mask. She happened to like the mask. But the idea that she should thank Etsali for anything, or even think about thanking her... ugh. No. It was distasteful. She was silent, struggling to maintain composure, to not start something she would regret when she spoke to her friend next.

Keionx didn't need a moment. She stepped quickly out of the way of Etsali's charge, drawing her sword fully and settling her shield on her arm. Perhaps she had been expecting something like this all along.

"Indeed they do." she growled. She'd tried being polite. She'd tried being reasonable. She'd tried being diplomatic. And now... Etsali had started it. Keionx was absolved, or could absolve herself easily if Ephias was upset. This was all Etsali's fault, and Keionx found herself looking forward to beating the smug smirk off of her face. "Indeed they do." she said, slowly grinning.  
KitsuneAura rolled 2 6-sided dice: 5, 4 Total: 9 (2-12)
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:07 pm
DraconicFeline
Military Grade Weapon
Damage: 5

Etsali recovered quickly, clicking her tongue against her teeth in disappointment. She'd really been hoping to throw Keionx off balance from the start, but it wasn't a problem. She'd beaten her in a head on fight before, after all. She flicked the kunai up into the air and caught it by the blade as she turned to keep track of the other orangeblood. Well, maybe there hadn't been a shield the last time. Or, she noted as she let that dagger fly, that little grin.

"There, you see?" She drew another two knives from her pouch and tossed one to her other hand. "You act all high and mighty and above me, but you were itching for a fight just as much as I was." Scoffing, she shook her head. "Although considering last time, maybe you wanted it more. Must have been so hard on you, not attacking me for no reason. Again."

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

DraconicFeline rolled 2 6-sided dice: 4, 1 Total: 5 (2-12)

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:23 am
KitsuneAura

Quote:
Keionx
HP: 15/20

2 damage dealt

The dagger connected neatly with her shoulder, and she growled a little - damn. This was not the same kind of battle as before. Then, they had simply struggled. Now... Etsali had clearly trained with her knives, and Keionx could... well... respect that. She could respect the thief for a lot of things. That didn't mean she had to like her.

Hmph she thought, darting in to strike with her sword - not a hard strike. It was clear that Etsali had improved her skills, and Keionx wanted to test the waters a little. It was a strategic maneuver. Or, at least, that is how she reassured herself.

"I was hoping for someone else's sake that it wouldn't come to this, but..." she smirked, "Thou hast forced my hand, have thou not? And indeed, we must be vigilant mustn't we?!"  
KitsuneAura rolled 2 6-sided dice: 2, 1 Total: 3 (2-12)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:30 pm
DraconicFeline
HP: 18/20
Military Grade Weapon
Damage: 0

It was obvious enough to Etsali that Keionx was only testing her with that last strike, and it irked her to no end that even knowing that, she'd been unable to entirely divert it in time. The cut was so small it barely mattered, but a hit was a hit, and she could hate it however much she wanted. She could even hate Kei all that much more for the mention of someone else, because that felt as much like a threat as anything. Like this was just something she could run to Ephias to whine about instead of dealing with it herself.

"'Thou hast forced my hand,'" she mockingly parroted back, mimicking the other orangeblood's accent with a roll of her eyes, "I guess if you can't be a hero, you might as well get all you can out of being a victim, right?" She made no move to attack, but watched for another opening and warily tried to keep on her toes for when the next came her way.

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

DraconicFeline rolled 2 6-sided dice: 2, 2 Total: 4 (2-12)

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:11 pm
Quote:
Keionx

0 damage dealt

"Victim? In what way am I a victim?" Keionx 'asked' confidently, inadvertently doing the same from behind her shield. Etsali was full of tricks, and she played dirty. It would be best to play it cautious initially, and see what the thief would pull out of her mask next.

Though, to be honest, the comment had struck a nerve. She had been... unsure... as of late, a victim of fate. Did that make her vulnerable? Possibly. Did that make her less of a hero? Possibly not.

"So far, thy attacks are but a scratch!" she said. Such things were to be thought about outside of a fight, not while Etsali was looking for any oppurtunity to stab her in the back. "And thou are not even using poisons! 'tis surprising!" she laughed. Not that she wanted to be poisoned, obviously, but really. "Twould be fitting, would it not, to destroy what thy toucheth? After all, is that not what thou art?"

Okay, maybe she could work through a little bit of something.

KitsuneAura

KitsuneAura rolled 2 6-sided dice: 5, 6 Total: 11 (2-12)
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 7:43 pm
HP:18/20
Damage: 7

"Poison, huh? Maybe I should invest, just for you." Honestly it wasn't a half bad idea, which made it a little infuriating. Now she couldn't start using poison without it seeming like it had been Kei's idea. Ugh. "Not that I'd need it. You're easy!" There was an opening she could use! She only had to move! Without another second of hesitation, she crossed the distance between them with a battle cry, swinging her kunai down at the other orangeblood.

DraconicFeline
Not the best, but here we gooo!

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

DraconicFeline rolled 2 6-sided dice: 1, 1 Total: 2 (2-12)

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:26 pm
Quote:
Keionx

Shield - Adept Defense B Artifact: Nullify 1/2

0 damage dealt
7 damaged blocked with Adept Artifact! 0 taken

Keionx became aware of her opening in the lucid moment that Etsali lunged at her. She cursed her oversight, twisting around to block Etsali's attack with her shield. That had been close -- and could have been very painful and what if Etsali had been using poison?

"Am not so easy!" she retorted, all bravado to cover her new unease. What new opening would Etsali exploit? "And thou? Thou art easy as well. If predictable thou art, then predictably thou shalt fallest!" She taunted, but in truth, it was not so easy.

Etsali moved very fast and Keionx's quick defensive movement was not putting her in the best position to attack. Perhaps, then, if she waited...

kitsuneaura
I never stopped shipping them, you know XD

Alternia RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces