Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:18 am
User Image
Jamie Delacroix
LONELY FISH FANCIER
    Jamie loves fish. For a kid his age he's got a crazy collection, an entire wall lined with well-kept tanks full of brightly colored finny friends of all shapes and sizes. Jamie's fish are very close to his heart and he cares for them to an almost obsessive level; in fact, his fish are damn near his only friends. Small, physically and emotionally fragile, and soft spoken, Jamie was an easy target for bullies throughout his childhood. Even in high school, he's found it hard to make friends due to a combination of fear, self-doubt, and the occasional bully renaissance. Still, all he truly wants is a close companion or two who can actually talk back.

WHEN WILL MY REFLECTION SHOW
    There's something not right about Jamie Delacroix. It's not wrong in an overtly negative way, but in a way that just feels off: solemn, forced... The emotional trauma of dealing with bullies and loneliness have made Jamie desperate to fit in and he's spent years conforming to societal norms to accomplish this, denying himself in the process.

Lately it's gotten a lot harder to handle. There are things he thinks and feels that he's positive aren't the issues your average eighteen-year-old boy deals with. Sometimes he's not even sure he is a boy, and that's something that makes absolutely no sense to him in his current state of mind. On top of that, he finds himself wanting the Jamie he sees in the mirror to be someone more vibrant, more colorful, more beautiful. Sometimes he wants to wear fun, feminine, frilly, clothes and accessories, things society has taught him are for girls, not boys.

Expressing himself in any fashion has become limited to what he believes others expect of him. Jamie wants to do, say, and experience so much, but he's honestly not ready to leap into or even accept it and it's slowly crushing him emotionally.

THE WATER'S FINE
    Anything water-based is the absolute perfect temperature whenever Jamie inevitably partakes. Showers are always soothingly warm or pleasantly cool in the summer, he never so much as shivers wading into the pool for the first time, and he never burns his mouth sipping his favorite teas; they're always warm and comforting, but cooled enough to safely drink.

ANYTHING ELSE?
  • Jamie is eighteen, but probably gets mistaken for sixteen or so quite often. He's small, thin, and unassuming.
  • The water is his favorite place, hands down. If Jamie could live in the bath or at the pool, he would.
  • Or he would live at the pool if he didn't have a large birthmark hanging over his shoulder and trailing down his shoulder blade. It makes him very self-conscious and he hates to be seen without a shirt because of it.
  • Jamie's biggest impossible dream goal is to live on a private beach somewhere.
  • His smaller, more realistic dream goal is to add salt water tanks to his set up at some point.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:53 pm
The power needs to be reworded a little bit to reflect that it's the tea that lowers itself to a palatable temperature, not Jamie's mouth, but the rest of the power seems to show that you get it, SO!

APPROVED !!

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:53 pm
shibrogane

Thank you so much!! * v *

I edited Jamie's power to hopefully be more clear cut about it being the liquid affected and not his mouth by adding "they're always warm and comforting, but cooled enough to safely drink" to the end. If that doesn't work, just let me know and I'll fiddle some more.

Another small note, I changed a little part in the first sentence of his power from "turns out to be the absolute perfect temperature" to "is the absolute perfect temperature," which doesn't actually change the meaning of anything, but sounds less awkward to me than what I originally had. I figured I'd point it out in case you noticed something else had changed.

quests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games