[PRP] Windies with the City Gal (Stemma & Buffel) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

zeflamigo

Interstellar Astronaut

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:58 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Stemma takes a field study out to Chittentown, and meets a lowblood, Buffel, who's smarter than she's willing to accept.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:09 pm
Aside from travel time, Krampa and Stemma spent very little time in Chittentown's city proper. Though excited by the new opportunity, the purpleblood was visibly upset being surrounded by such a large population of lowbloods. She was glad to make way to the outskirts of the town, feeling more relieved with every shrinking of the crowd. Until eventually, finally, her and Krampa were alone in the moonlit desert.

Stemma pulled back the brim of her oversized sunhat, adjusting until the hem fit comfortably above her third eye. Wiggling her fingers in excitement, she withdrew a textbook from her satchel and tabbed through a number of bookmarked pages on Chittentown's native flora and fauna.

"Do you think we'll see a hoofbeast skeleton, Krampa?" Stemma wondered, turning up to her lusus. "I wonder if that's a joke they just put in those moving pictures to make things more interesting. But I hope it's real, I'd like to see one for myself."

Krampa responded gruffly, nodding with interest. He was glad to not have to be so vigilant on the surroundings, now that they were farther from the masses. Nothing made him happier than being able to devote all of his attention to Stemma.

"At the very least I want to find a tumbleweed to take home... oh, oh, or a little succulent! They're so very cute," Stemma trailed off, peeking up from her book. Spotting a bush nearby, she wandered over to investigate, though still keeping most of her attention in the text.

tenaciousGadabout
go ahead and throw buffel in wherever bc they're not paying attention

zeflamigo

Interstellar Astronaut

tenaciousgadabout

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:54 pm
Buffel had been camping out on the outskirts of Chittentown all night. The fire he had started was just down to the embers now, and he was too dragged out to bother relighting it by now. He watched The Spirit sleep soundly next to him. Little excursions like this were the few times he got to be close to his lusus that weren’t spent with both asleep. Buffel looked far beyond across the desert, watching for movement. The moon was bright tonight, giving him a better eye than was usual. Atop a hill, there was something he’d never seen before. A massive white creature with twisting horns stood, back bent over a small troll who had her nose wedged in a tome of some such. He watched as she meandered about, her massive lusus carefully nudging her away from missteps and obstacles.

“Spirit. Hey Spirit, wake up. You seen one o’ them afore?” Buffel motioned to the behemoth over yonder.

The Spirit cocked his head to look at Krampa, then gave a slight nod and closed his eyes once again. Buffel felt this was an inadequate response, as the towering parent had peaked his interest.

“I’m gonna see if I can get a closer look at ‘im.”

Buffel stood up and began ambling toward the pair, his legs still wobbly from sitting for so long. The Spirit bolted to his legs and stopped him. His stern glare read that it was a bad idea to come upon such a protective parent.

“I wasn’t gonna get that close, don’t get your back up. They ain’t even gonna know we’re here!”

As Buffel said this, he turned up to see the girl just a grub’s toss away from an itching thicket. Scrambling up the hill he yelled, “Hey! Watch yer step over there! Ya can’t be ginnin’ about everywhere without havin’ your eyes up!”

The Spirit pawed at his leg so he would notice the new glare he was receiving. So much for not knowing they were there.

Kimbley Kitty
I don't know Alternian plants so we're going with "itching thicket" for now lol, pending a better idea. Let's get this show on the road!

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 4:57 pm
The sound of Buffel's voice made Stemma gasp dramatically, reeling back towards her protective lusus. Almost as suddenly as she reacted, Krampa's hand came down to push down Stemma's hat, perhaps a little too roughly than she appreciated. She fought to compose herself, wriggling out from underneath the hornbeast's grasp.

Adjusting her hat to a proper fit where her eye was hidden but comfortable, she scoffed at the scraggly yellowblood. Her hair was disheveled from the ordeal, and her face was covered in an embarrassed blush. Closing her textbook, she looked over Buffel with a disgusted pout.

"I'm sorry, who are you?" Stemma sneered, putting a hand on one hip.

tenaciousGadabout
are you happy now

zeflamigo

Interstellar Astronaut

tenaciousgadabout

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 10:02 pm
Well that was a warm greeting. What’s got her back up?, he thought. Buffel trudged up the sandy dune, keeping a careful eye on the rude girl’s massive lusus. Spirit was right behind, trying his best to get in front of the boy.

”Name’s Buffel, I'm the fool that just ran over to stop you from steppin’ in that itching patch you were headed toward.”

Buffel pointed at the itching patch. Almost the color of the sand, he could understand her not seeing it. Still pointing, he looked up at the towering beast next to her. His slack-jawed stare continued for a bit, before a heavy breath from the beast snapped him out of it.

”Who might you be, Miss?”

Kimbley Kitty
back 2 u

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 8:41 am
Stemma clicked her tongue and took in a deep breath. Time to get this lowblood out of her way so she could return to having a peaceful night with her lusus. She smiled, tucking her book under her arm. "Buffel, huh?" She repeated with a feigned friendliness. Then, almost instantaneously, it flickered into true, haughty anger. "Well, Buffel, I'm fine, so would you kindly f—"

Stemma felt a strong tap on her back, stopping her dead in her tracks. She froze, an impending sense of doom and disappointment waving over her. Looking up at her lusus, she pouted in confusion. What did she do wrong? She just wanted a quiet night alone in the desert. Why was that so much to ask for?

Krampa nodded in communication with Stemma. Right from the get-go this yellowblood was trying to protect his precious girl. It was important that she make friends that would watch her back.

Stemma still didn't understand. But that wasn't enough for Krampa. Gently, he pushed Stemma towards Buffel, closing the space in between them.

The blush that had almost receded came back strong as Stemma was pushed closer to the other troll. Heels digging into the sand, Stemma first watched her lusus with incredulity, and then with pleading eyes. "Nooo," She whined, clinging onto Krampa's arm. But Krampa had made his decision, and he pushed Stemma appropriately close to the cowboy troll.

Less than five feet away from Buffel, Stemma just stared at the dirt. He arms shook from the embarrassment, hands balled into tiny fists. She was silent until Krampa gave her another tap on the back, encouraging her to open up. She grumbled a bit, then turned her eyes up to Buffel.

"My name's Stemma, and I can take care of myself!" She yelled, voice high pitched and defensive. It wasn't often that Stemma disagreed with her lusus' wishes, but concerning this scruffy yellowblood, she would not be swayed.

tenaciousGadabout

zeflamigo

Interstellar Astronaut

tenaciousgadabout

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:32 am
Recoiling from the shrill sound of her declaration, Buffel stepped back. As he did, his foot caught the side of the Spirit. The howl beast held his ground, making it clear he intended for the boy to deal with the situation he placed himself in now. Buffel sighed and looked back up. The girl stood before him, fists clenched and hot in the face. Looks like she wanted to be here just as much as he did. Might as well give her the fair shake.

”I’m sure ya can, miss. And anything that ya can't I'm sure he can handle it right quick.”

He looked up at the behemoth that stood above them, casting a long shadow across the group in the moonlight. The beast’s expression had softened, but his figure still cut quite the impression on young Buffel. The small child stared up in amazement.

”He’s quite the imposin’ figure, I reckon he could take on just about anything.”

Spirit growled quietly to himself. Buffel patted his head and he craned his neck up to recieve the affection.

”No offense meant Spirit, you do just fine yerself. He got a name, Miss Stemma?”

Kimbley Kitty
You're it!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:22 am
Krampa nodded to the yellowblooded child. Stemma grimaced from her lusus' friendliness and eagerness to acquaint this new troll, though to any child other than Stemma herself, Krampa appeared mostly as stoic as ever. Though calming down from the moment, Stemma still regarded Buffel with extreme distaste. Her eyes flickered between the boy and his lusus, eventually snapping back to the troll.

"His name is Krampa," Stemma pouted, folding her arms together over her textbook. "He's the best. There's never been a problem we couldn't take down." She said, enunciating with deliberation as if her words were a threat. In truth, Krampa had dealt considerably with daywalkers before, so he had proven himself incredibly tough. Stemma could only hope to mimic his resiliency in the future.

tenaciousGadabout
wish i could have her say more but she's stubborn af sorry

zeflamigo

Interstellar Astronaut

tenaciousgadabout

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:11 pm
Buffel nodded respectfully at Krampa. He managed to maintain his utter delight at garnering the lusus’s respect and all-over seemed quite stoic. Spirit seemed less apprehensive than before, now that it was clear the larger of the pair bore no ill will to Buffel.

”Pleasure to meet ya, sir.”

The boy pantomimed a tipping of the hat. Behind him, Spirit bowed his head respectfully. Looking now to the girl, Buffel noticed the large tome upon which the gruff highblood was leaning. The sheer size of it gave him the impression that she was cut from a smarter cloth than himself.

”Hey, is that what’s got ya way out here in the sticks?”

Kimbley Kitty
No worries, once Buffel's adoration should butter her up more sufficiently.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:52 pm
Stemma's lips pursed together in a pout. She glanced down at her book, then looked out to the distance and huffed. "I'm doing research on desert fauna," She explained, refusing to make eye contact with the lowblood. Raising her shoulders defensively, she held the book tighter.

"I don't have as much information on it— I don't, argh," Stemma grumbled to herself. "I don't visit Chittentown often," she admitted with a toothy frown. Krampa nodded, partially in agreement and encouragement. This yellowblood could be useful in helping her learn, but he'd let his charge come to that conclusion herself. It seemed that she had the right idea, but was having a hard time admitting it, or asking for his help, for that matter.

tenaciousGadabout
figh t me

zeflamigo

Interstellar Astronaut

tenaciousgadabout

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:31 am
After a nudging from The Spirit, Buffel straightened up as the gal stumbled on her words. Weren’t no way she’d get by in the desert, she’d be down a pincerbeast’s sandtrap by daybreak. He gave the most courteous bow he could muster. This weren’t the first time he’d bent the knee to a highblood who couldn’t get around needin’ assistance. Weren’t no matter to him, he could see the shame in asking someone much lower in rank for help. Best he could do is make ‘er feel she had accepted his offer rather than asked herself.
”Well Miss, as it happens this here desert is practically more home t’ me than my hive! And seein’ as that’s the case, it’d be remiss of me to not give you a tour of the local color around here,” He extended a hand firmly. ”What do ya say?”

Kimbley Kitty
BUFFEL'S GONNA FIGHT FIRE WITH FRIENDSHIP!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:53 pm
Stemma stomached her discontent, concentrating her displeasure into a steady, unimpressed glare. Defensively, she looked between Krampa and Buffel. This wasn't what she wanted at all. But she couldn't just decide to go home after they had made the effort to travel out to the desert. Krampa would know she just wanted to shake the lowblood, too. Stemma pursed her lips, trying to find any way to swing this situation back in her favor.

Ah! Stemma clicked her tongue, finally smiling at the yellowblood. "It would be rude of me to simply waste your time," she said, eyebrows raised in exaggeration. Without allowing him to respond, she reached into her bag for a pouch of beetles. Not too big, but definitely hefty enough for a desert-dweller, she assumed.

"Here," she offered, lobbing the bag at Buffel. Payment negotiated the power back into her hands. She a customer with a voice now, not some precious damsel waiting to be saved.

tenaciousGadabout

zeflamigo

Interstellar Astronaut

tenaciousgadabout

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:12 pm
”Oh it weren’t no waste, I’m always happy to he-”
Buffel stopped as a bag of beetles was brought out of the highblood’s pouch and tossed at him. He caught the bag shakily and opened it. It was filled to the brim!
”Sakes alive, this is a lot! You don’t gotta pay me nothin’ ma’am, I’m just doin’ my duties as a host is all!”
Her glare told him she wasn’t taking it back so he pocketed it for now. He’d slip it to her lusus when she was distracted, he supposed. He looked like the type not to accept it either though, so maybe a reverse pickpocket was in order. The Spirit walked off, nosing about for flowers they could identify, as they were fairly sparce in this climate. Clapping his hands together, the yellowblood began the tour.

”Welp, guess it’s time I show you around then, got a lot o' ground to cover if we're lookin' for plantlife in a desert! Any ideas on anything specific yer looking to find?”

Kimbley Kitty
Adventuuuuuuuuurrrrrrreeeeee

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:21 pm
"Succulents," Stemma said, precise and with a pinch of venom. Not as lethal as she could muster, but still hostile. She found herself following after the yellowblood with quick steps, attempting to keep up beside him rather than trailing behind.

"Any flora I might be able to take home, perhaps?" She added, looking to her lusus quickly as if asking permission. It was granted with a polite nod from Krampa.

tenaciousGadabout

zeflamigo

Interstellar Astronaut

tenaciousgadabout

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:15 pm
Buffel gave it a good think. ”Well I mean I suppose you could. You'd hafta have a way to take it back with ya, but these things ain't exactly starved for water so it's not like they'll die from a long time without. Just gotta watch the temperature, mostly, they like the heat o' the sun during the day.” As he rattled off all he knew of desert plants, he kept a keen eye for any succulents. They tended to grow in small clusters from what he could remember, so hopefully if they saw one it'd mean they had a bunch to work with. A glimmer just over a dune caught the yelllowblood's eye and he pointed sharply.

”Think I mighta saw somethin' over that dune, let's give it a look-see!”

Kimbley Kitty

Alternia RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas