Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Strickenized

Garbage Cat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:28 am
alois scholz
PHILOSOPHICAL MISANTHROPE

Alois Scholz does not like you. He doesn’t like your mom, he doesn’t like your dog, and he doesn’t like your mom’s dog. He isn't all bad, however - if one can swallow some of the acerbic remarks and prickly demeanor, Alois is a highly intelligent individual with deep philosophies regarding life, culture, and future of the species. He could tell you all about Nietzche and Nihilism while waiting for his laundry to finish, and give dissertations on Kafka's literary choices and how it reflects on his interpretations of humanity, but more than likely he'll just tell you to ******** off the first three times you talk to him.

Once past that point, you'll also be privy to a few inappropriate jokes, a boatload of dry humor, and some incredibly strange ideas of a good time on the town. Approach with discretion.

DONE WITH THIS.

Alois is frustrated.

It isn’t a simple frustration, either. His intolerable dissatisfaction isn’t due to a seven-year itch, or a dry spell in the income department, or a dearth of friends. It isn’t due to reaching a wall in his technical skill as a taxidermist. Truthfully, Alois can’t determine the cause of his frustration. Every time he believes he caught the source of his unrest, once he thinks he reached the perfect explanation for his predicament, that very frustration folds upon itself and that infallible reason no longer applies. Currently he’s beginning to think that he’s of a yearning personality type, one of those driven ones that never quite satiates itself with present endeavors, but even that doesn’t fit. And yet, what else could there be?

Alois doesn’t know, but he’s starting to act out from it. Sometimes destruction games and childish glee can take his mind off such perpetual irritants. Sometimes hurting others does just as well. Relief doesn’t last long, however, and Alois must continually feed the rot of stagnation if he wants to prevent it from growing.

WITH THE FLOOD WATERS COME THE CORPSES.

Alois' business depends on two key factors: patrons to supply the income, and dead bodies for the desired product. Sometimes, or often times lately, these customers drop by without a specific project in mind, without the corpse in hand, and browse his practiced wares to find the most artistic taxidermied animals that might please their hipster selves. Luckily for Alois, he finds the bodies he needs for such practices strewn nigh everywhere. A dead bird in the park, a dead squirrel behind a bush, a dead opossum outside someone's garbage can... Seemingly every time he needs one most.

Alois never questions it. The world is simply full of dead things.

ANYTHING ELSE?

• Alois looks like this. Crow black hair, green eyes, rocking a killer moontan.

• Alois dropped out of college because, like anything, he hated it. He began his pursuit of the wonderfully solitary activities of taxidermy, found he was good at it, and pursued an entrepreneurship of it. Much to his chagrin, the business grew well enough that he now needs to hire a secretary/cashier/service b***h (as is listed on the hiring ad). So far, he hasn’t had any bites.

• As a twenty-one-year-old from Germanyland, he lives in his own apartment that he pays for out of taxidermy profits. He normally does what is needed to satisfy the bills and have a few dollars left over, but if fancy strikes him, he will shut himself in and spend all hours on commissioned projects until he reaches his monetary goal. He will also do so in moments of particular mental duress. He lives alone, though he constantly grapples with the notion of a roommate to lessen the burden of bills. And, well, a roommate makes a very convenient opportunity for spoiling someone’s day. But what if they made fun of his accent, and ate his food, and didn't care what he thought about them? Choices...

• Alois has a german shepherd that he takes for walks daily. It’s how Alois gets his outside-time and calcitriol quotient. Unfortunately for him, his dog is of an inquisitive, friendly temperament that’s more likely to investigate other humans than ignore them.

• He might be a little lonely.

• Character's previous home and playstyle can be found here.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:41 am
Strick. Babe. Good to see you. Let's get crack-a-lacking, shall we?

High concept. Boom. Bang. Love it.

High concept description.... I have some questions. First of all... how does anybody STAND this guy? He reads like an a*****e with no redeeming factors and I see that may be what you're going for but... how does he have any business? How hasn't he been run out of town? There's got to be something Alois does that makes people think he has some kind of value. Does he have a really morbid sense of humor that people mistake for dry wit? Some... other trait that makes people tolerate his presence? I'm not asking for him to be a ball of sunshine, but I'd like to see SOME means of him having a positive interaction once in a blue moon, even if he walks away from it going "what the ******** was that."

I'm also not really seeing the "philosophical" part of your high concept reflected in your write-up - I'm just seeing that he hates everyone, all the time. There's a suggestion of some kind of internal philosophy as to why, but I'd like that to be a little bit clearer if his being philosophical is a core value of his. Does Alois ascribe to a specific school of thought? Is he well-read? Is he a fan of Ayn Rand? He seems like he'd be a fan of Ayn Rand.

Again, I'm not asking you to make him A NICE PERSON, I'd just like to see him not be an INSUFFERABLE a*****e AT ALL TIMES 24/7/365 and 366 on leap years. wink

I think with regards to your trouble, your note down at the bottom that "he might be a little bit lonely" is especially telling about what the true cause of Alois's frustration may be. Would you be up to rewriting the trouble with that in mind, and with the idea that Alois may not have the self-awareness to realize this himself yet, but nevertheless is going to have to struggle between his desire to be a complete and utter ******** troll at all times and the idea that maybe he wants some friends and is going to have to start being - gasp - nicer to people?

Love your power.

Anyway, these are my thoughts, hit Shibe or I up later if you have any questions, and quote me when you're ready for another look at this!

Hetzerei

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100

Strickenized

Garbage Cat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:12 am
Silverah

Hey Silv, thanks for getting to me! Sorry I took so long to get to this. Stupid life getting in the way.

I changed up his high concept info to be a better mix of positive and negative. I was capitalizing on the a*****e aspect because I had the interpretation that the high concept was what one would see of the character at first sight. It's a little hard for me to write succinctly, so if it needs more information or should be cut down further or something, let me know! It just might need a little more fine tuning than the rest of it.

As for the trouble and relation to loneliness, his trouble is actually born from being very intellectual in a worldspace made for people who aren't as cerebrally inclined. He's frustrated because he chose a job and a way of life that doesn't satisfy the demand that his mind makes of it. The loneliness is more of an aside that promotes RP and talking to others!  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:25 am
Beep beep here's Alois yep yep

APPROVED !!

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:50 am
Hetzerei

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

quests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games