Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:29 pm
Jeremiah Mercer

ORNERY DETECTIVE
Jeremiah is very much the hard-nosed detective. Blunt and to the point, he does not mince words. It’s not that he is above small talk, it’s that he hates bullshit (and there is a massive difference between bullshit and lying and god help you if he finds out you’re lying to him without a good reason). With him being so blunt it also means he is painfully honest, sometimes to his own detriment and occasionally others.

@!&$ YOUR MOLD
It has never failed, even when he was younger, that Jeremiah has rankled against being labeled or placed into some sort of mold. Whether it was fitting into the perfect gentleman that his mother wanted or the amazing football player (and don't think for a minute it's American football, what's wrong with you) he could have been, he rebelled against it. It's been a point of contention forever, even causing him to abandon his home across the pond and find a place for himself in Ashdown years and years ago.

Even then it was a place that he made. Where there are cliques and groups, Jeremiah makes his own and it can make enemies as quickly as it can make friends. Worse, in the end, the British man finds he would sometimes just want to fit in - except that that isn't him and the cycle of self-flagellation begins again as he looks for ways to improve upon his life and make things better.

As he's made his life here he has found himself with a reputation of being difficult to deal with - another label, another mold - and while it's expected it also means he does not have many friends. It rankles him, drives him batty, but there's little to be done when he's made himself this way. Sometimes he's the one sitting alone, eyes cutting to the others that are able to easily navigate people, but that would involve letting people in and ...

Well, that's just not him.

LUCKY SHOT
Ever met that person who seems to have an amazing aim? Makes those lucky shots you wouldn't think even possible? That's Jeremiah. A good shot in his own right from years of experience, no one's aim is perfect. Still, when he misses, no matter with a bullet or being nudged while throwing a paper ball into the trash can- It could be a lucky ricochet or even piercing just the right pipe to keep the odds in his favor. Even the obstacles somehow work in his benefit.

ANYTHING ELSE?
Jeremiah is a detective with the Ashdown PD with rank and has been for quite some time. He is likely well known within the community as someone who has morals and a strong sense of right and wrong. You're probably doomed if you're up to no good because he will not hesitate to show you the error of your ways.

-late forties, silver hair, blue-green eyes, tall and thin and keeps in shape because of work and his own personal preference. influence album is here.
- has been silver haired since he was sixteen. been called distinguished often enough that he loathes hearing it.
- from a family with land and a title back in England, not that that matters much here or worth talking about.
- don't even think about nicknames. DO NOT DO IT. IT WILL END POORLY FOR YOU.
- jeremiah is an amazing cook, to the point that he will - and does - look down on restaurants if they do not cook to his standard. expect him to make you a meal rather than take you out to dinner. not that he dates. i mean, really, DATING? HIM? HAHAHAHA.
- will never touch coffee, never give him a cup, and drinks his tea black with a dash of cream.
- loves a good pint as much as a good cup of tea, finds it hard to find both sometimes.
- has a weird handshake. you'll know if it happens to you. it probably won't happen to you.
- can play the piano; especially fond of playing rolling stones.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:46 pm
HOK I am here for this, hello Jeremiah, I am so excited to have a cop!! Yaaaa

His Trouble is really good, I'd just like to see one or two possible hooks for others. Does Jeremiah find himself on the outside looking in? Does he find he has a reputation among his peer group as someone who is 'difficult' to deal with? I think it's there and I think you've got this considered, but for ease of reading I'd like to see it plainly stated. <3

His power is really awesome! I'd like it if it was a little clearer that a lot of circumstances align for him to make these shots, whether it's a PERFECTLY TIMED gust of wind or some dingdong walking right into it. surprised

Turn the title when you're ready for me to swing back through!!

azuredreams

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:08 pm
What you were stating about his power is what I had in mind, lol! I just couldn't think of the proper wording so I ... had a little sexy help and got it reworded.

And I added onto his trouble, 'cause ... yeah, you're right, XD. His personality is solid in my brain I just have trouble getting it all out there without making a novel, ;;. Hopefully that offers enough hooks?

Thanks so much for your input! It was helpful, *u* <3 <3.

(also detectives forever, okay, we need police in this place if it's going to get ... crazy.)
shibrogane

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:03 pm
APPROVED !!

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200