Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Z o m b i k ii
Crew

Magical Girl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:36 pm
ROSI POLANSKI
Eccentric Eavesdrop

Rosi Polanski is a twenty-something year old pharmacist who leans towards the eccentric. She has been described as over-emotional, childish and to be quite frank a little bit strange; though she would argue that everyone else is just boring. Rosi wears her heart on her sleeve and if she does not have her nose in a cheesy romance novel it can usually be found in someone else's business. Due to her work she has become a bit of a hypochondriac and cleans the pharmacy floor almost compulsively. Walking around in her lab coat and large round glasses; rumour has it she is some kind of mad scientist and given her personality not many argue. She also has an intense love for cats, though cats do not share the same love for her. I mean if the kitties do not dig her vibe, that is saying something, amirite?

AND THE DIAGNOSIS IS!

Rosi's biggest fear is being trapped. Be it trapped in a loveless relationship, bogged down by her adult responsibilities or physically confined/restrained. She is a free spirit and wants to remain that way as long as possible - despite the pressure from her parents to settle down and grow up. To be honest, Rosi is in no rush for any of that - she likes not paying rent and having her mom do her chores for her, who wants to be an adult, really? This often means people view her as irresponsible and immature; which is the total opposite of how any medical professional wants to be seen as it makes them doubt her judgement and competence. To put it bluntly, any kind of serious commitment scares the living hell out of her. She can not trust herself to make her own choices, she needs an adultier adult plz.

LET'S REVIEW YOUR PRESCRIPTION!

Rosi seems to always overhear the juiciest gossip. She does not even really have to try; people just seem to come in and dump all the towns secrets on the pharmacy floor. Not that she is complaining, she loves putting her nose in places where it does not belong! Anyway, if you want to know what the word on the street is there is only one person to go to!

ANYTHING ELSE?

Her name is pronounced 'Rosie' not 'Ross-i'
Rosi is a Panromantic Demisexual.
Animals really do not seem to like her for some reason...  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:15 pm
Rosi is lookin good, there's just two things I want to address before I approve!! surprised ...

Her high concept is less about Rosi than it is about how others perceive her. It might be less clever, but a good high concept should establish an understanding of who the character is and what they do. Your actual writeup is perfect, but the concept itself should be something more along the lines of "Featherlight Pharmacist" or "Childish Scientist" or "Neat Freak Cat Lover". Think of it as "if I were going to tell someone about my character in 2-5 words, how would I do it".

Her powers are both more on the side of Riser powers than they are dreamer powers. Riser powers are something that comes from inside the character (so Rosi being lighter than expected would be something that is changing her state, not the world state) while dreamer powers are the world beginning to warp around them.

A suggestion on powers:
Perhaps Rosi always happens to hear the choices bits of gossip, making her something of a clearinghouse for the rumor mill? This would open up a lot of plots for her (because she would hear a lot of juicy stuff at the pharmacy and poke her nose in!) as well as fitting more within the dreamer power scale.

LMK!! And edit the title of your post when you're ready for a second look.

T e b i k ii

Ashdown Crier
Captain

Daring Seeker

Z o m b i k ii
Crew

Magical Girl

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:02 pm
Thank you for the advise on powers / abilities! That really helps alot!

Changes have been made heart

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:24 pm
Thank you darling!!!

APPROVED !!!

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200