Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:24 am
I may be dreaming..

GW has put six boxed sets up for pre-order, €65 each (check your variant of the GW site for local prices), which may sound like a lot, but the contents of each set are quite.. amazing, because you save a bundle in a lot of cases.

Yeah, I'm surprised as well, GW putting out bundles that save you money?!

The boxed set also comes with rules for all the models plus a special formation that allows you to field all the models included and pit them against other bundles or the like.

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-NL/Start-Collecting-Tyranids

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
- Hive Tyrant (€43)
- Tyranid Warriors (€40)
- Gargoyles (€23)

Savings: €41

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-NL/Start-Collecting-Space-Marines

- Terminator Captain
- Tactical Squad (€35)
- Venerable Dreadnought (€37)

Savings: €7 (Price of the captain is unknown to me, seeing as it was a release limited to a specific boxed set: Strike Force Ultra)

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-NL/Start-Collecting-Astra-Militarum

- Commissar (€16,50)
- Cadian infantry squad (€23)
- Cadian heavy weapons team (€12,50)
- Leman Russ battle tank (€40)

Savings: €27

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-NL/Start-Collecting-Necrons

- Necron Overlord (€22)
- Necron Warriors (€31)
- Triarch Stalker (€40)

Savings: €28

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-NL/Start-Collecting-Tau-Empire

- Tau Ethereal
- Tau Fire Warriors (€40)
- Tau Crisis Battlesuits (€60)

Savings: €35 (Price of the Ethereal is unknown to me, seeing as it was a release limited to a specific boxed set)

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-NL/Start-Collecting-Skitarii

- Magos Dominus (€29)
- Skitarii Rangers (€31)
- Onager Dunecrawler (€52)

Savings: €47!

Again, am I dreaming eek  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:11 am
I was about to ask what I missed since I last poked my nose in the hobby, but it looks like things went a bit crazy! sweatdrop This isn't the company I remember at all when I last checked in!

£50 isn't that bad a price, some of these sets even look like proper starting points for actual armies.

Are the Tau still as OP as they were a year ago? ninja  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Tiina Brown

Friendly Sentai

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:21 am
"The boxed set also comes with rules for all the models plus a special formation that allows you to field all the models included and pit them against other bundles or the like."

I think they have struck gold here.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:38 am
Tiina Brown
"The boxed set also comes with rules for all the models plus a special formation that allows you to field all the models included and pit them against other bundles or the like."

I think they have struck gold here.
This may be a replacement for the older Battle Force boxed sets, which weren't always the best way to start a new army. Most, if not all of these deals come with a troops choice and HQ at the very least, plus something else to further sweeten the deal for sure.

This could very well be a case of "buy one for yourself, one for a friend" and play games straight out of the boxes using the contents and special formation rules.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:40 am
Lady Blodwynn
It's still very much an army built around cooperative synergy. Units can work on their own, but they work better in cohesion with one another. The Ethereal in particular is a HQ that can give your stock Fire Warriors some great buffs when it comes to shooting things.

The Crisis Suits though, aside from not having enough weapons in the sets, are still as good as they were before.

The Tau bundle may very well be one of the more powerful of the bunch, though I am rusty on both Necrons and Tyranids to be a 100% sure of this.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:38 pm
BrookM
Lady Blodwynn
It's still very much an army built around cooperative synergy. Units can work on their own, but they work better in cohesion with one another. The Ethereal in particular is a HQ that can give your stock Fire Warriors some great buffs when it comes to shooting things.

The Crisis Suits though, aside from not having enough weapons in the sets, are still as good as they were before.

The Tau bundle may very well be one of the more powerful of the bunch, though I am rusty on both Necrons and Tyranids to be a 100% sure of this.
Thanks, looks like next stop will be fish sticks and big critters! blaugh  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:03 am
Lady Blodwynn
BrookM
Lady Blodwynn

Thanks, looks like next stop will be fish sticks and big critters! blaugh
There are no guarantees though that it will be a fair fight. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:05 am
Special formation rules!! ninja

Quote:
SM
Each turn a single unit of the formation within 12" of the captain can shoot in the movement phase instead of moving. It can still shoot again in the shooting phase.

Skitarii
At the start of the shooting phase select a unit within 18" of the Dominus. You reroll to hit against it.

Tyranids
In the movement phase the gargoyles if they are near the Tyrant can enter reserve and immediately deep strike on the board. If they arrive near the warriors they don't scatter.

Necrons
When the warriors or the scarab are destroyed they return alive at the start of your next wound within 5" of the Overlord.

Tau
A unit near the Ethereal can redeploy. Select a model of the unit and remove all other models form the table, then put them in again wherever you want near that model. Unfortunately I don't remember when you can do this thing.

Imperial Guard
All infantry model of the formation near the Leman Russ have a 4+ cover.

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:59 pm
Cheese.

Cheese.

Cheese.

Cheese.

Cheese.

Cheese.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:15 am
I'd wait and see what the actual wording of the rules are before shouting that, countess Twattula.

Though at first glance, they vary from mundane to rather powerful, the Space Marine one in particular is quite good.

The Skitarii one is perhaps a bit over the top, seeing as you already get massive buffs to shooting with their Doctrina Imperatives. Pair this with all models being Relentless, the Magos being a tough ******** to kill and you've got yourself an army that can quite easily blow away all opposition, especially when using Vanguard as your troops choice.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces